Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week

How about we tend to the garden?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How about we tend to the garden?

Post  Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:41 am

Rosie went out to the court yard and sat down in the herb garden, trying to figure out what kind of tea she wanted to make for herself today. She sat quietly as she noticed someone had already done all the weeding, and gave a soft sigh, "Feeling useless already Rosie?" she asked herself, "Why should you? Just because you're around people again? Its ridiculous... you've always been on your own, why should a few people around you change who you are?" she questioned herself, as she ran her hands over a few of the plants. They all seemed happy and alive, and not a one needed its aura smoothed out. She gave another sigh.

She would leave a note for someone if she had the chance asking if she were able to be the one to take care of it, she really did have nothing else to do as the chef... who needs a chef between meals?

Last edited by Rosie on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: How about we tend to the garden?

Post  Ndale on Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:44 am

Ndale had been strolling around, wandering aimlessly, since this morning. He had woken feeling particularly human today, and didn't quite know what to do with himself. Usually he only took the human face if he required it, feeling much more at home on four legs. Clubs and dancing, attending events, these were the types of things that required human abilities, everything else he seemed to be able to get by as a cat. It was not the first time he had spent a day as a human for no reason, but it was not an often occurrence either. It was just one of those days.

And so, this morning he had donned a comfortable pair of worn blue jeans that rid low on his hips and a button-down shirt of a dark, earthly green, which he left open. He still forwent the shoes, though, he never did like them much. His hair was as it always was, an untamable mess brushed back from his face with a lazy hand. A few rouge strands still hung in front of his eyes, but eh, what you going to do?

The boy was exiting the breakfast area for some sun when he heard a familiar voice talking to herself. Interested, and having nothing better to investigate, he wandered over in that direction. Leaning languidly on the fence to the herb garden, he smirked at the woman who had her back to him. It seemed she was mulling over the greens there.

"Rosie." His voice was rough and kind, it was a greeting meant to grab the woman's attention. "You okay there, love?"
Ndale
Admin

Height : Cheetah: 96 cm (3'2") / Human: 180 cm (5'11" ft)
Weight : 60 kg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Her eyes snapped up to look at the male that had just entered. She smiled gently at him, "Ndale," she said gently, "What are you doing here?" she asked lightly, trying to hide the fact that she was actually feeling so down. She pushed her hair back, it was actually down for once. She stood up and gently dusted herself off, trying to be nice, and presentable. Then she realized his question and gave a nod, "I'm fine," she tried to smile but her voice gave her away.

((sorry its a little on the short side next to yours))

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 am

The boy grinned in a cheeky manner.

"What? Can't I visit or should I leave?" Ndale gestured back behind with a thumb, pretending innocent hurt. He then stretched his arms overhead and looked about the garden. "I don't think I've ever been over here, never had much use for edible plants." His eyes wandered over back to Rosie as she stood and brushed herself off. "You know, you should wear your hair down more often." It seems he was full of weird musings today.

The cheetah paused and looked over the girl more closely, smiling falling slightly. He eventually sighed and let himself into the garden.

"If you say so. Then, you wont mind if I bother you?"
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:07 pm

"Of course you can visit," she giggled, "I was just surprised to see you." She tucked her hair behind her ear. She wiggled her bare toes in the soil and roots, she'd brought some water and a bowl to clean up before reentering the castle. She gave a soft giggle at his comment about not having use for edible plants, adding I would think not in her mind with another soft giggle. She liked this feeling, the feeling of being around him - she felt like a young girl (in the sense of her soul) again, without the worries of the world.

"Thanks." she whispered with a slight blush and a shy smile. "I really wish I could... but being the cook, it kinda requires that my hair be pulled back so that it doesn't get into people's food."

"I think I would mind more if you walked away at this point." she said with a smile. She was still blushing about the compliment he gave to her, but now she wondered if something bothered him, and as the blush faded a slight look of concern crossed her face. She was trying not to show it, but it felt, to her at least, that something was going on. Slowly she softly asked, "Is something the matter Ndale?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale on Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:22 pm

"Ahh, yes. Hair in the foods may not be a good thing. Maybe that's why Od doesn't like me in the kitchen." Ndale hummed in thought and tapped his chin. He shrugged eventually. "I'm not that good a cook anyway."

He flashed a grin at the woman, and chuckled briefly. He stopped though, when she asked after his happiness. A puzzled expression crossed his face and he scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

"The matter? Well, no, not really. Why do you ask? Do I look bothered?" The feline wondered slightly if his human form was ill fitting. Did he have fur still, or something? He quickly looked down to check. Nope didn't look it. Claws? He checked his nails; nope. He looked back up at the woman, eyebrow raised in question.
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:16 am

Rosie gave a small smirk at his cooking comment, obviously she could cook, or she wouldn't be the new chef, but then she giggled as the image of Ndale in his cheetah form was trying to cook, it was an interesting thought. Her fingers were playing with her hair thoughtlessly, she was more thinking about the boy than what her hands were actually doing with themselves. Her hair was quite long actually, reaching over halfway down her back as it was let down.

"You just seem like you have a lot on your mind Ndale, I was just wondering if you were... concerned about something." the woman said taking a step closer to Ndale with a concerned, yet soft, look. She really cared about him. Her eyes searched him, and a faint smile came to her lips as he was to checking himself. She didn't even know why she was asking, it wasn't like anyone would just sit there and pour their heart out to her, not to mention boys... boys didn't seem to like to talk about personal things like that.

When he was done checking himself she gently reached for his hand, giggling slightly at his confused look.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:32 pm

Ndale shrugged, relieved it wasn't something wrong he had sadly overlooked. He watched as he let Rosie take his hand, giving her a bit of a questioning look about it, but opting to say nothing.

"You're asking this because you've heard of my arranged marriage and you're worried about me, right? Really, it's okay." He said this with a perfectly straight face, but it was too bad he couldn't hold it. The idea was too ridiculous, and he burst out laughing. "Okay, sorry. I couldn't help it." The feline continued to heave a few more growly chuckles, before settling down. "Really, I am fine. I'm not concerned at all, this is not the first time this has happened." Ndale was still grinning as he gestured vaguely to himself in general, assuming what she was talking about incorrectly. "Besides, all I got was an: 'I'm fine.'" He placed his free hand on his hip and smirked cockily.
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:43 am

Rosie, at first, seemed concerned and confused about the idea of Ndale having an arranged marriage, and seeing him burst out laughing, she giggled, "You really had me there for a minute Ndale." she giggled looking over him. Her fingers played with his, as she liked the feeling of his soft hands.

"Not the first time what has happened Ndale?" she asked ignoring his second comment about her just reply was simply 'i'm fine' as well. She really didn't care about herself much more than the simple idea that her health needed taken care of so her immortal life wouldn't be totally miserable...

She was giving Ndale the stern concerned girlfriend/mother look.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale on Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:29 pm

Ndale made an unintelligible noise in his throat, just an acknowledgement to what Rosie said. He watched as she played with his fingers, keeping his hand relaxed. With concentration, Ndale felt the familiar sensation of pulling skin and his arm tensed. The palm of his hand darkened and grew rough, as did each of his finger tips. The bones in his hand started contracting, and it was difficult to hold. The extremes were easy, but trying to adapt both traits of human and feline was something he was unused to, and therefore it was very uncooperative. Ndale counted to ten in his head before he let the rough pad on his hand sink back, hairless skin stitching together over the blackened areas.

The teen sighed and looked at Rosie with that unwavering searching stare that felines excelled at. He ignored her question for now.

"Rosie. Do you like me?"
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Rosie said nothing as the hand in hers began to change. her fingers were still softly exploring the man's hand, she just watched quietly. Her body was a little tense, she was still trying to hide her feelings for him, still trying to just be a friend, she didn't know why his hand was in hers, how she could've let her fingers wander into his. The fact of his changing hand made her question if she had somehow upset the boy. Her hand slowly began to draw away in fear that she had actually done so.

Rosie's eyes slowly wandered up, and met the boy's searching stare. She recognized it from all the kitten's mothers when she had previously pursued the young kittens as she tried to play with them - their mothers had always been weary of such children trying to take their young ones away.

Her cheeks flushed red at Ndale's question. Her mind ran wild trying to figure out what she should say to him... how should she answer... could she answer? Of course she liked him, but did he mean like as in like or like as in like? 'Why am I having such trouble answering this question... it's simple... isn't it?'

Slowly the girl's eyes met his once again. "Yes," she whispered softly, "but who wouldn't..." She took a step back, completely dropping his hand at this point as she was a bit embarrassed and quite upset with herself. "I'm sure you have girl's falling over you all the time, boys too most likely," Rosie looked away from Ndale, her cheeks were beyond red, 'He knows my secret... he'll never return feelings for me... he'll never even cast me a second glance... Who could like a woman who falls asleep and become a five year old?'

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Ndale let his hand drop to his side when Rosie let go of it, still watching her intently. Eventually, he smiled warmly, tilting his head to the side.

"You're cute, Rosie." A small chuckle escaped him. "Perhaps I was bothered by something, like you said. I make the mistake, sometimes, thinking I can be human. I never can forget, though, that I'm not." The feline took two steps forward, raising a hand to meet Rosie's chin and tilt her face upward, leaning in to place a kiss on the woman's brow. "You should not forget either, you cannot love a cat. For as much as I flirt, I never expect any relationships to work. Maybe this is what I constantly contemplate." Ndale's voice vibrated in his throat. "Thank you for reminding me. I should not use this form unless necessary."
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:00 pm

"Perhaps, I really can't forget that I'm not aloud to love..." The images of the blood, and the pain of her first try at love came back to her. She had been so far along, but a five year old cannot handle carrying a baby in their small bodies, she gave a shiver, and a tear slipped down her cheek. She silently cursed herself thinking that she was actually going to be able to love someone this time, for this to be the difference... how could she have let her heart be so frivolous and child-like again after years of trying to make it cold and distance... what was it about Ndale that made Rosie's heart flutter so?

"I'm sorry," the female whispered softly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:52 pm

Ndale's eyes widened at the tear that rolled down Rosie's cheek. He frowned in worry and used his thumb to wipe the drop of water away.

"Oh, please don't cry, it's alright. Shh." The boy wrapped his arms around the woman's frame, not knowing what else to do. "Please don't cry, I can't handle tears, Rosie." Ndale tried to be comforting, smoothing down her hair with one hand, keeping her close. "Don't be sorry. I didn't say you couldn't find love, I'm just not a good candidate." He sighed. "Please, tell me what's wrong, Rosie. Maybe I can help?"
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:27 pm

"Ndale... you ... you don't understand," she whispered softly, her eyes looking up at him, she held herself back from hugging him. "I..." she was trying not to cry, "Nobody can love a woman who turns five all the time," she said, but her voice gave way to the fact that she was lying. Rosie was afraid of actually letting him know, plus he was a teenager, how could he understand, and how could he possibly understand what was going on - and how much pain she was in emotionally. She stared up at him quietly, she really didn't know how she could possibly tell him...

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:23 pm

Ndale lowered his voice into a firm growling tone.

"I don't assume to know anything about you, Rosie, I would appreciate that you would do the same and make the effort to fix that before you tell me that I don't understand." He sighed. "I know I must seem young to you, but I don't have that long of a life expectancy, in proportion, I am an adult. I also know that you are being awfully pessimistic. There are people out there that will accept you. Turning five is a small set back, but there are many great qualities about you. Only the shallow and the undeserving will let that stop them." His eyes softened and he let his arms drop from around the woman, letting her back away if she wanted.

"I like you, Rosie, a lot." His amber eyes searched her face. "I just fear it's not in the way you want me to. But, does this have to be romantic? I am more than willing to be your best friend."
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:00 pm

She had nothing to say to to Ndale's speech, she hadn't really assumed anything other than the fact that he wouldn't understand being rejected by people he loved because he turned into a five year old every time he fell asleep... She wished she knew more about him, and she really didn't know how to handle everything.

She looked up at him, her hand slowly touched her chest as she tried to contain herself, and she gave him a little nod looking away, embarrassed with herself as she tried to hide her tears. She hated being like this, she was beginning to hate herself. She didn't say a word at this point.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:09 pm

Ndale hummed in thought, tapping his chin and observing the woman. He was not good with these kinds of situations, really, he wasn't. He looked around himself, seeing where the plants were situated. Finally seeing a suitable spot, he took two steps back and placed himself carefully between two rows of herbs he knew not what. It was a bit awkward, he did not particularly like sitting as a human, most positions weren't actually that comfortable for long.

"Sit. We'll talk a bit. Lets see if we can learn a little about each other, hm? That is, of course, if you want to. If not, I'll just have to stand back up in an awkward silence and have to walk away all rejected-like." Ndale gave a sly smirk and rolled his shoulders in a relaxed shrug. "Up to you, Love."
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 02, 2011 2:31 pm

She slowly found a spot near the boy to sit, "And what such things are you going to wish to talk about?" she asked looking over him. She gave a small blush, and soft giggle as he called her "love" and threatened to walk way "all rejected-like". She was starting to loosen up around him, but she was still worried about whatwas to come, what he would think of what she had to say about herself, and of what she would think of him as she learned his story. She wasn't really that good with being open toward someone, but she figured that she should be able to relax around him... there was just something about him that was... different...

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale on Mon May 02, 2011 6:52 pm

"Well, let's start simple, shall we? Basic history, likes, dislikes, etc." Ndale leaned back on his hands, grinning. "I used to live in South Africa as an illegal pet kept for hunting. I left after awhile, Odqura found me and we decided to travel together. I have one mate and only three kids that I know of. My favorite color is green and I don't really have a favorite food. I really enjoy sleeping, and going to clubs." The young man scratched at his chin, thinking. "The Paris Underground was a really nice place." He shrugged again and gestured for Rosie to pick up.

(( sorry, short. ))
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 17, 2011 9:14 pm

"I used to be human until Odin decided that he loved me, and would come to visit me, Freya got mad, and she cursed me to live forever cycling between five and twenty one ish... I don't really have a favorite color, or a favorite food or a favorite anything. I almost had one child, but because of the curse, my body ended up crushing it... and I really don't enjoy much of anything... I live basically because I have to... or when I finally have someone to live for again... I was married for eighty years once." Her eyes seemed to be lost as she looked off, she felt bad for trying to ever get near Ndale, she hated herself for thinking that there might be something possible between them. Rosie truly hated herself for one thing though. She knew that she would do anything to make him happy, no matter what it was, and the thought itself disgusted her intellectual mind, but the romance part of her thought that it was cute and that it could possibly win him over.

Her attention slowly shifted back to him, she tried to give him a smile, she didn't want to be so depressing, and the hopeless romantic side of her was winning out, as always... Rosie just wanted to try to be bright for once, different for once... she wanted to protect herself, but it was too late. Ndale already had her heart, but it was obvious he was going to be leaving it behind, which hurt, though she tried not to show it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale on Sat May 21, 2011 11:39 am

Ndale blinked.

"Odin, huh? Well shit, that's an impressive admirer. Too bad though about Freya, jealous women are not fun." The male paled and stared off into the distance a moment as if remembering a horrible experience. Shaking his head he sighed. "I can't say I know what that's like, the curse or the child dying." He sobered into a serious expression. "All my kids were healthy as far as I know. None of them took after me, all their mother. That's all I know though. If it makes you feel better, I don't even know my kids." Ndale shrugged and gave Rosie a 'what-you-gunna-do' look. "Kids aren't everything, loads of responsibility and hassle." He tried a grin, but it faltered and he sighed. "I'm not helping, am I?" He let his eyes flick to the side and scratched his head awkwardly before returning his attention to Rosie. "You could always adopt."

"But eighty years is quite the commitment. Some good, enjoyable memories must have come from that time surely. Your life can't have been all bad. You should just do something for yourself one of these days." Ndale eyes gave a mischievous glint. "You should come hang with me sometime. We'll get dolled up, even, a skirt and nice top perhaps. I'll show you how to have fun and how to pick up even the cutest boy at the bar. As well as fend off even the most persistent blokes." The feline chuckled lowly. "Obviously, the relationship comes to nothing, but as long as your okay with that, if's a 'ella lotta fun"

(( so much dialog, sorry. x-x ))
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat May 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Rosie listened to him speak. She gave a small shake of her head, when he asked if he was helping or not. She didn't want to make him feel bad, "I wouldn't be able to adopt... I turn five years of age fairly soon, not to mention, I turn five every time I go to sleep... it's kinda hard to take care of a child like that..." she spoke slowly and quietly thought over her words. She was feeling better by the time that Ndale had finished his little speech about going out and picking up boys. She started laughing by the time he had finished. She looked over him with a bright smile, "Sounds like fun, but I'm not exactly looking for sex hun..." Her eyes were bright and seemed to dance over him at the thought of spending time with him.

She ran her fingers through her hair, pushing it back out of her face with a warm smile at Ndale.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale on Tue May 31, 2011 4:14 pm

Ndale chuckled in good nature.

"I don't mean for you to adopt by yourself, I mean when you find that someone you can be with again for eighty years. You two, together, can adopt. Being a single mother, curse or no, has to be a tough job. The young man grinned, eyes bright, and folded his arms behind his head to fall back on the ground with a dull thud. He closed his eyes and breathed in the sunlight deep, basking in the nature of the herbs in dirt and the air drifting peacefully in the day. His joyful expression settled into a truly content and carefree smile, quirked a little at the side to add a playful aspect.

"That so, hm?" He shrugged lazily. "Well, flirting doesn't have to lead to sleeping with the lad." He cracked an eye open and glanced at Rosie from the odd angle. "Good to know though, I'll have to keep that in mind about you." His grin flashed a sharp canine and his chest rumbled with a quiet mirth, uncaring if she got the implication. Again he inhaled, filling his large sprinter's lungs, letting it vibrate through his throat as it slipped out, releasing a pleasant purring noise that left his lips tingling.
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:37 pm

"At this point I don't know if I really even want kids..." Rosie watched him with a soft smile, giggling. The child in her wanted to pounce on him, but she remained where she was simply watching him and giggling about what his reaction might be if she did as such.

She was relaxing a bit, and looked out over the garden, hearing the flirting and such she cast a downward glance, which spoke both joy and rejection. The kind of look that sarcastically said "Sure". Of course she said, "Sounds like it would be fun, we could have a competition to see how many we can pick up in a night," she giggled. She gave him a warm look and smiled at his purr. She finally leaned back and looked up at the bright sky.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next