Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week

Syril's a Cereal Killer

Go down

Syril's a Cereal Killer

Post  Guest on Tue May 31, 2011 12:10 pm

He strolled into the room, stopping to preen his feathers. He glanced around, hoping there was some cereal, his favorite breakfast food. He glanced around and sighed contently.

"Alas, I'm alone. No screaming kids or so....I hate whiny brats." He said aloud to himself.

He stood on his hind legs, a strange maneuver for a gryphon, but his body's bones began to shift, and he now had the skeletal proportions of a human.

"Ugh. So uncomfortable." He said, turning, to have his tail whiplash and knock down a chair, then he turned around to see what was going on, only to knock down another chair.

"Preposterously horrible furniture setup. They should at least prepare when a gryphon is coming....really." he muttered, picking the chairs back up in his talons.

Back to top Go down

Re: Syril's a Cereal Killer

Post  Owen Mueller on Tue May 31, 2011 12:43 pm

Mornings. Owen could hardly recall what they were. He had made a vow to himself - under no circumstance should he ever awaken before noon. Especially on weekends. However, ever since the recruitment of Lillegard's new servant, Owen found it in himself to wake early and throttle the goddarn'd idiot after it began babbling incessantly outside his dorm room.

Rubbing his eyes, he yawned, obviously still not completely awake. His bed hair was still scruffy, and his clothes were untidy, apparently wearing the exact same attire that he would wear not only during the day, but through night as well. Even the crashing noises failed to stir his interest as he wandered in obliviously towards the opposite side of the room, selecting some generic cereal that he began to pour into a bowl, as well as pouring milk inside, almost robotically. He passed by the spoons, finding no use for them as he carried his bowl towards 'his' chair. Only that his usual seat was for some reason being carried by some sort of humanoid gryphon. "What the?"

He certainly didn't recognise him at all, and Owen found himself staring gobsmacked for a few more seconds than he intended. Maybe he should ask who he was, or better yet, what he was. He blinked. "What're you doing with my seat?" he demanded, looking cross.

Owen Mueller
Admin

Height : 165cm
Weight : 90kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/Owen-AALC-273363096

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 31, 2011 12:50 pm

After hearing an unfamiliar voice, he set the chair back to its correct state then turned to the figure.

"What, never seen a gryphon before?" he asked in a mockingly tone.

"And your seat, I knocked over, so I kindly repositioned it. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't have your name, or anyone's name on it...whatever your name is."

He shuffled around the room to find some cabinets.

"Aha."

He opened it up to the luxorious grainy smell of cereal.

"A wonder, this food is. Greatest part of breakfast, in my opinion." He took the cereal out and set it on the table. He turned to the other man and gestured towards the cereal.

"Want some?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller on Tue May 31, 2011 1:10 pm

Owen didn't seem very impressed at his uppity language, then again, he'd almost expected it; it seemed most professors liked to talk in that superior tone. "Well, duh, obviously not," he yawned, instantly claiming the chair as soon as it was set right, dumping his bowl on the adjacent table.

He watched the gryphon select his cereal, the exact same one that Owen himself had chosen while he was distracted. At his offer, he was about to decline, before giving a halfhearted shrug. "Yeah, sure," he replied. before raising the bowl to his face to guzzle it down. Spoons are for the weak! he thought with pride as he eventually slammed the finished bowl back onto the table. "Where's that other one?" he grinned, wiping milk from his mouth.

Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 31, 2011 1:45 pm

He glanced at the boy, then at the remainder of the cereal.

"Geh." He took a handful and engulfed it into his mouth.

"I thnrk Mrrrpfh mfffrrrr tffr" he said, chewing, while pointing at the cabinet.

After swallowing, he said "Sorry about that. I said I think it's over there."

He went back to the cabinet to get some more cereal, and grabbed a large bowl. He set the bowl on the floor, and poured all the cereal into it, then decided to shift back to his original state, his length growing and his height decreasing.

"Ow." He said, as the last bone cracked into place.

Dipping his head down into the bowl, his long slim tongue grappled some bits and threw it down his esophagus.

He looked back up to the other boy.

"Eh...humanoid was always nerve-wrecking pain. I prefer this form better."

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller on Tue May 31, 2011 3:34 pm

Owen smirked at the professor's less than elegant display, then frowned as he was directed towards the cereal box. He wasn't going to get it for him? Sheer laziness it was...

Lifting himself from the chair, he took the bowl with one hand, walking towards the cereal. Grabbing the box, he frowned at how light it was. "Dude, you ate all the cereal?" he accused, throwing the box somewhere behind him. Raking around in the cupboard, he managed to find another box left. "Ha," he grinned, opening it to pour it into his bowl until it was overflowing - and then some more.

He glanced back at Syril, only to notice that he'd transformed to a more geniune gryphon. He scrunched his eyebrows, jealous at how much easier it seemed than his usual method. He paused for a moment, and thought. "Would you..." he began, pouring milk into the bowl, ignoring all the bits that flowed out. "...Would you show me how you do that transforming thing? I mean, in a way that it doesn't hurt... as much," he added hastily, trying to be polite for once.

Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue May 31, 2011 4:42 pm

A slight grin formed on his face as the boy commented on his feasting.
Watching as the boy found another box of cereal, he wondered if there'd be any left for tomorrow's breakfast.

'..whatever.' he thought, 'We could always get some more.'

He watched as the boy allowed his milk to almost overflow bits and pieces of cereal out of his bowl.

He flapped his wings, and swooped to snatch the falling pieces of cereal with his tongue.

He swallowed hard and said, "Cereal shouldn't be wasted like that, young man."

He flew back to his bowl on the ground, his wings knocking over a chair.

He gobbled up the rest of his share of the cereal then looked back up at the boy.
"I'm tired of calling you 'boy' or 'young man'. Such a mouthful of useless words. What's your name anyways?"

He then reverted back to the original topic.
"So, you're not fully human, eh? I suspected as much. Might want to stop eating so much that your stomach can't keep track of your transformations. SQWAWK!" he joked.

"Erhem- I mean, so you want to learn a smooth way to transmute between species? It's not hard really. But you're a young one, you probably wouldn't understand what I mean by that."

He picked his bowl up, wondering whether he should put it back to where he found it, so some unsuspecting person would be clueless enough to eat gryphon saliva, or to smash it against the wall for fun.

"'...either would be fine..." he muttered, glancing across the room.

"Well? Any more questions?" he asked, not adressing the other at all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:05 pm

Owen was almost oblivious to the overflowing cereal bowl and it wasn't until Syril struck out to catch him did he notice. Dumping the milk jug back down, he mopped up the excess milk with the edge of his shirt and gave a frown at Syril. "I was gonna eat them, you know," he pointed out tartly, defiantly lifting his own bowl away as if he thought the gryphon would snatch it.

He promptly smushed it into his face to eat from, milk dribbling down his chin. He stopped at the professor's next comment about eating. Usually, he would throw back a retort or something, but this paticular crack happened to hit home and he kept his trap shut.

"I'ma human," he stated flatly. "I just have this mirror thing that turns me into somethin' else." He frowned, eyeing him unpleasantly. "I think I'd be able to understand."

He held out a hand, before withdrawing it after realising said gryphon did have any hands. "...Name's Owen."

Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:36 pm

"Well, Owen, the name's Syril. Spelled S-Y-R-I-L, and pronounced 'cereal'. Poke fun at it all you like, I don't care." he said, exerting his habit of speaking four statements in one breath.

'Hmmm...a human that can transform? Interesting....' he thought.

He paused, then said "Well....what's this 'mirror' thing of yours, Owen?" He said, emphasizing when he said 'Owen'.

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Owen almost choked on his cereal when the gryphon mentioned his name. "Syril? No kidding?" he laughed, glad to find something he could torment about him. "Who're your parents, Toast and Waffles?" Despite the crack being awful, he couldn't help himself, continuing to munch on his cereal afterwards.

Gulping, he looked to the gryphon again as he asked his question. "S'not really mine," he pointed out tartly. "I found it." He gave a shrug. "Asked it to change me an' it did." He didn't want to delve too deeply into needless details, as shown when he continued to dig his face into his bowl, determined to finish it before he was whisked off somewhere.

Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:44 am

He scoffed at the boy's lame joke.

"As a matter of fact, their names are not 'Toast and Waffle', and at least I have a name problem rather than a weight problem or eating disorder." He said back.

Trying to keep the subject from falling away again, Syril spoke: "Well, how exactly is it 'hard' for you to change?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:38 pm

It seemed Syril's attempt at diverting the conversation had failed, because Owen's expression of speechless shock seemed to say all the words he needed to. He raised his head from the bowl, the unfinished contents of the cereal spilling over himself. He hardly cared about this though, fists tightening, knuckles cracking. "Did you-" he began, pausing to wipe his mouth. "Did you just say I- I have a... problem?" he accused, dumping the now empty cereal bowl on the table.

He looked balantly furious, normally accustomed to others stepping lightly around the subject. Why did he have to be so straight-forward about it? He liked to have been able to take a slight tease, but when fat jokes hit the table, it was on. "Prove it," he frowned, crossing his arms.

Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:42 pm

"Proof? Pah! Tell me, how much do you weigh?" He scoffed.

"You were the one who decided to start a conversation about poking fun, smart one." he said, surveying the room in case he needed to pick up a few more chairs later on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller on Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:50 pm

"None of your business, chicken-face!" he immediately retorted, Grabbing the cereal box, the feeble card practically crumpled in his vice-like grip. Digging a greedy hand into the box, he snatched a handful of cereal from near the bottom of the box, shovelling it into his face. It wasn't quite the same without milk, but at this point, he was too peeved to do anything about it.

"Did not," he mumbled back, his mouth still full. Gulping it down, he regarded the gryphon with a wary stare. "And this mirror thing..." he began, trying to be the better man and lead the topic away. "It kinda... hurts... when you transform." Despite the gross underexaggeration of his claim, Owen nonetheless seemed uncomfortable to talk about it.

Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:34 pm

He stifled a gruff laugh at the insult. After the other returned the conversation to the transforming issue, he furrowed the feathers that were at where there should be 'brows'.

"So...It pains you to transform? Huh...I've never experienced that before when I'd transform..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Owen rolled his eyes at Syril's comment, noticing how remarkably unhelpful it was. After a moment of waiting to see if he would elaborate, he sighed. "So... you're not gonna do anything about it?" He'd hoped the gryphon may have had some useful advice, but it seemed even the professors here didn't have the answer to that. "Gee, why'd I even bother signing up here.." he grumbled under his breath.

((shooort!))

Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:27 pm

"Heh. I'm not you. I'm not a genius. I don't know how to figure it out if you're gonna keep most of this crap in secret."

He sighed. "And why you bothered signing up here was your decision, so keep it to yourself. Although I have a feeling you're about to say "I have freedom of speech" or "I wasn't talking to you"." He smirked slightly.

[[shoooooorter.]]

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller on Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:48 pm

At the accusations, Owen dropped his jaw. "Whoa, no, no." He held up his arms defensively, peering around to see if anyone else was seeing this. "Nuh uh, wasn't gonna say that."

Folding his arms defiantly, he scowled at the gryphon squarely in the face. "Probably wouldn't know even if I showed you anyway," he grumbled. He knew for a fact he wouldn't get along with this guy, and hoped he wasn't teaching any of the more awesome subjects, like offense or music. Slipping his hand into the cereal box again, he grabbed another handful. Damn thing was nearly empty...

Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:31 pm

"Suit yourself." Syril said, furrowing his eyebrows in frustration. "So do you want me to help you, or not? I can at least try, whether I know what to do or not. But perhaps, you don't care at all and won't bother with second chances. Now, what is your decision? If my help is of no use to you, I have no use of staying here much longer, seeming as the cereal supplies are depleting due to overweight people like you. Though being so large isn't that bad, you might be able to hold more air in your body."

[[toooomuchspeechftw]]

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:07 am

Owen continued to regard the gryphon with a rather peeved glance. That is, until he alluded to his weight again, to which his mildly annoyed stare quickly turned into jaw-dropping half-choke of outrage. "Screw you!" he yelled, throwing the cereal box at him, before it landed to the floor, unceremoniously scattering the pellets around their feet.

"You can see the mirror if you wanna," he huffed, still obviously mad. "It don't listen to anyone but me though. I wouldn't try." It wasn't merely the thought of having a gryphon rampaging through his room that unnerved him - he especially didn't want to have to transform in front of this guy. Such a thing would be so humiliating...

Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:59 pm

Irritated by the cereal bits that had fallen onto the floor, he leaned over and his tongue snaked out of his mouth, picking up the pieces one by one. He was half chewing-half talking; "Mrphgn't think it maphers." He swallowed hard. "You asked me to help, and now you're half-refusing it. What's with you, boy?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:25 pm

Owen looked on in disgust as the gryphon snacked from the floor - it was animalistic, in his opinion. But he couldn't deny that he'd sometimes do the same when no one was looking - at the very least he'd discreetly snipe it from the floor and rub it against his shirt like it was some towel.

"How was I to know you were gonna be an ass about it?" he huffed defensively, knowing inwardly that it wasn't his fault. After all, it was this professor who'd started their feud with his insults and cheek. "Whaddya teach anyway, economics or something?" Owen wouldn't have been surprised if it was a lame class - actually, he was hoping that it was. He certainly didn't want to be taught by this creep in an awesome class.

Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down