The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Longing for a Book

5 posters

Go down

Longing for a Book Empty Longing for a Book

Post  Illisandria Carthain Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Illisandria walked into the library and stared; here was the biggest collection of books she had ever seen and yet...

She hung her head and sighed, I wish I could just read one. Just one is all I ask. Is it too much to ask for one book not to burst into flames when I touch it? I mean, this hampers my art as well...the most I can do is charcoal art and only if the canvas doesn't get touched by me first.

"Dammit..." she sighed, "I really need to learn to control my fire. That's why I came here isn't it?" she reprimanded herself softly, "Of course. However, if you knew you couldn't touch the books, why would you walk into a library?!" Then Illisandria sighed even deeper, "Stop moping damn you! If you continue like this you know where you will end up again. That's right, the hospital."

I really have to stop talking to myself or people will think I'm nuts.

"Hey!" Illisandria shouted cheerily, "Anyone know of any fireproof literature around here?"
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Longing for a Book Empty Re: Longing for a Book

Post  Onizo Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Onizo was pretty excited. He had longed to go to school since he was a little imp but his parents, like most Oni, never allowed him to. Said it'd make him to practical, which oni weren't supposed to be. He had been glad to have a wind spirit for a neighbor who had a nice size library. Now at a real school, he thought it would be logical for a library to be found. He searched long and hard and finally, somewhat exhausted, he opened the doors of the library. He gasped, a hard task when one is already breathing hard, as he took in the sight of the library which was at least ten times, if not more, than the one he had been used to.

Onizo leaned against the door catching his breath, excitement and running was a cruel but wonderful combination. He had come at just the moment when someone had asked a question which somewhat confused him. He looked from one isle of shelves to the next till he found the girl. "A girl...a bad, guilty-looking one..." He scowled when yet again words he didn't want to use came out of his mouth. He stood upright, hoping to get her attention and waved slightly.

(You don't mind if I jump in with my new character, do you?)
Onizo
Onizo
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:36 pm

((NO PROB I WELCOME IT REALLY))

Illsiandria looked over at the small heat signature she saw out of the corner of her eye and smiled. It was an oni, a japanese demon! For once my knowledge of Japan came in handy! I never thought I'd live to see the day.

"Hi! You wouldn't happen to know of any fireproof literature around here, would you?" she asked cheerily. When there was no response she frowned and tried it again in Japanese, "Kon'nichiwa! Genzai no shūhen de bōka no bunken kara shiru koto ga okorudarou, minasan wa dōdarou?"
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Onizo Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:52 pm

"E..eh?" Onizo blinked somewhat surprised. He was contemplating his answer to her question when she spoke in his first language. Now he wasn't sure if he should speak in Japanese or in English. He had learned abit of English in the library of his neighbor, which he felt confident enough to speak normally around other people.

Onizo shook his head, "Yes, I have been here for awhile and have been in this library multiple times. I know where to fnd certain books and I don't think there aren't any fireproof books, I'm sure." He spoke English so that he knew he'd be understood, but he wished he could've said what he actually thought. 'No, I haven't been here long and never been to the library before. I dont know how to find the different books and I think there are fireproof books, I'm not sure.' He had a feeling though that he'd be misunderstood and sighed quietly to himself.
Onizo
Onizo
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Illisandria frowned when she saw the look on the oni's face after he finished speaking. He seemed upset and had sighed after he finished speaking. What's up with him? I haven't seen him around (although I'm pretty new myself I've seen quite a few people around and he is not one of them. And why did he sigh? Is he a compulsive liar or does he mess up what he's saying when talking to new people? I wish I had a way to figure him out...

"Hey, I was wondering, do you know where this castle is? I never really remember and I was looking for a book (preferably fireproof) on this country." Then she remembered her manners, Also, I'm Illisandria but you can call me Sandria. What's your name?"
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Onizo Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Onizo's face flashed a pained look for a quick second. "No, I don't know. It isn't somewhere near England." He smiled though because his name was the only thing he COULD say without meaning something else. "Onizo..You have a horrible name." He scowled deeply and smacked his head.

Onizo mumbled to himself, "Why musn't I always do that. She must love me now...grrr." He felt like he was lying to himself even though he knew what he meant. His face flashed from anger to despair. He looked up at Sandria with a smile, trying to stay positive even though he just insulted her on accident.
Onizo
Onizo
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:48 pm

Sandria smiled, she had finally pinpointed his speaking issue. He said untrue things. Not quite compulsive lying, more like he said the opposite of what he meant. So, looking back at what Onizo had said previously, she smiled. "I gotcha' well thanks for the compliment Onizo, you have a nice name too." She offered a hand to him, "Well I'm new here too. I haven't joined any classes and I'm in Sinnoch, the fox house. What house are you in?"
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Onizo Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Onizo smiled in relief. It usually took him forever to get that he had a speech habit he had yet to break across to people. He took Sandria's hand shaking it lightly, "Y...You didn't understand? I'm so unhappy." He grinned brightly, "I'm not in Eala. I don't have classes already...why do you have them?" He slowed his shake hoping he wasn't talking to fast for the girl. He ran his other hand through his hair smiling embarrassed, "I would hate it if this school could cure my problem....I may be misunderstood more."
Onizo
Onizo
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:40 pm

Illisandria nodded, "I'm hoping Lillegard can help me control my fire powers, they tend to be a bit...unstable..." Then she looked around, "Do you know if this place has a librarian or if there's a catalogue or something for me to find a book I can read?"
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amunet Chi Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Amunet trotted into the library she heard Onizo's voice comeing from not to far away, she didn't really know if Haggis was still behind her or not. But the quicker she to Onizo the better because her sensitive ears also picked up on a female voice. She got a running start and jumpped onto the top of a bookself so she could get to him faster and with out any distractions. She hooped from shelf to shelf like she was playing that old arcade game, frogger maybe? She stopped on one right behind his head. "Onizo!" Amunet called out, "Amunet is here to help you now." She looked behind her to see if Haggis was even close to her. "Amunet thinls she brought a friend, b-but if you want Amunet will wait untill your done talking to other girl."

Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Haggis Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:55 pm

Amunet was fast, Haggis would give her that. He had to run rather fast in order to keep up with her. He reached the library and took in a deep breath, for he hadn't breathed out the entire time he chased after her. The goat demon peered around the room curiously. He was amazed at the amount of books that covered the walls. He was almost tempted to wander off and find some to read.

Shaking his head, Haggis focused back on finding Amunet, and sure enough he saw her perched upon one of the shelves talking to someone over them. He felt shyness engulf his body and quietly hid behind the bookshelf, peering around ever-so-slightly to catch a look at to whom she was talking to. A boy and a girl. Haggis felt his tail flick back and forth nervously before sinking back behind the bookshelf, waiting patiently for the conversation he had walked into to be finished.
Haggis
Haggis

Height : 173 cm
Weight : 68 kg

http://slotmechanic.deviantart.com/#/d5ikhaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Onizo Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:13 pm

Onizo shook his head, "Yeah, I know...I hope you don't learn..." He looked at a bookshelf and was surprised to see a kitten on top. It surprised him more to notice that the kitten was his friend Amunet. "Amunet?....You didn't? Who is this person?" He looked around a moment then blinked. "Oh how not silly of me." He turned towards Sandria, "Amunet, this isn't Illisandria. She's not another new student unlike us."
Onizo
Onizo
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:59 pm

Sandria turned in surprise to face where Onizo was looking and laughed, a short bark of surprise. There, on the top of a bookshelf was a small ((am i right in the description?)) kitten. She bowed slightly and replied, "Hello Amunet. Do you have a nice vantage point up there? And it seems as though you were looking for someone. have you lost them?"

((really I have no problem with you joining in! The more the merrier!))
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amunet Chi Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:39 pm

Amunet laughed, "Yes, yes it's a nice veiw." Then in a voice that you would never think could come out of such a small kitten yelled, "HAGGIS COME OUT HERE YOU COWARDLY GOAT BOY!" Smilled at Onizo and his friend, "I found a new student in the stables and brought him with me."
Amunet Chi
Amunet Chi
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Haggis Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:25 am

Haggis jumped in surprised, his back hitting the bookshelf lightly and causing some peculiarly placed books to fall and hit his head with a loud 'smack'. He whimpered a bit in pain, his hand automatically reaching up and rubbing the bruising spot on his head. Nervously the boy peered from around the bookshelf, looking at the two students whom Amunet was talking to. He came out from behind the bookshelf and placed his hands behind his back, fiddling his thumbs together. "Um...Hello." He murmured, giving a small nod towards them. "I'm Haggis...Very nice to meet you." He eyed the bookshelf next to him with a scared look and side stepped away from it in silence.
Haggis
Haggis

Height : 173 cm
Weight : 68 kg

http://slotmechanic.deviantart.com/#/d5ikhaw

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:19 pm

(ok, full library, but i'm gonna jump in too ^.^)

From the other side of the book shelf that Haggis had been using to hide came another thump, followed by a quick yelp of surprise. it didn't, however, sound entirely human. if a reptile could make a sound of surprise, that would be the best thing to compare it to. the source of the noise, however-- which stepped out from around the bookshelf, rubbing her head--was a small, slender girl about about 14 or 15, with pale skin, white-blonde hair, and blue eyes. she surveyed the group, her eyes finally landing on Haggis, and gave a slight smile.

" i came to the library thinking it would be the quietest room...but i'm rather glad it isn't." she held a book up slightly, stlll looking at Haggis. "i think your run-in with the bookshelf was a double hitter." she tapped her head slightly, her lip quirking to one side.
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 154.94cm

http://yuukihyouketsu.deviantart.com/gallery/31934824#/d4fymmp

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:40 am

(hey, guys, i'm just gonna have yuuki exit because this thread hasn't had anything happening in a while)

yuuki smiled nervously, re placed teh book on the shelf, and quietly left the library, deciding to come back some other time, when there were less people
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 154.94cm

http://yuukihyouketsu.deviantart.com/gallery/31934824#/d4fymmp

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Sandria grinned and gestured to Haggis, "No problem. nice to meet you as well." She looked around and laughed,m "Well there certainly are a lot of people here now, aren't there." She laughed and turned to Amunet, "So YOU wouldn't happen to know if there are any fireproof books, do you?"
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Onizo Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:30 pm

-----------

I'm sorry I haven't answeredin awhile, computer is a jerk, but I just found out my phone works in replying....but now I'm going to wait...cause I don't know how to answer at the moment
Onizo
Onizo
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:35 pm

((no problem. I can understand))
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character