The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Waiting for a Partner

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Waiting for a Partner Empty Waiting for a Partner

Post  Illisandria Carthain Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Illisandria stared at the door and wondered Is there anyone in there? Better yet, she glanced at her C flute case in her hand, the case made of dragonskin and bones so she wouldn't char it, Is there anyone in there who can play, will play, and wouldn't mind being my partner in a duet...

Completely pushing aside all her fear at being rejected, she shouted out "Anyone in there?" When there was no answer, the angst rose even deeper in her chest but she quelled it, Okay...so noone answered. That doesn't necessarily mean noone's in there; maybe they're just shy...like me...so let's just walk in and see if anyone's in there... She put her hand on the doorknob and opened the door.

Last edited by Illisandria Carthain on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Waiting for a Partner Empty Re: Waiting for a Partner

Post  Ndale Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Ndale had run back here from the courtyard. Earlier in the morning, Ndale and Aesis had been playing in here, the piano was still uncovered. After leaving though, the two had encountered some bothersome people, and the cheetah had ended up having some trouble with his lungs again. In his haste to get away before he was seen sick, he hadn't really paid attention to where he was going. The feline had bolted from the courtyard by dashing into the breakfast area, had grabbed a pot from the kitchen on his way past, and had hid away in the music storage. He liked this room, and was so far one of the only people to use it. Most used the music room, where the nicer instruments were kept and where there was more room. This particular room was covered in dust and drapes, where the older and the extra instruments were kept. It reminded him of his basement in Africa, where he had spent the majority of 13 years before he met Odqura.

The cheetah had stumbled in, the run to this room only having further sped up the liquid seepage into his lungs, holding the handle of the borrowed soup pan in his jaws. Since then he had had to empty his lungs, coughing up small bouts of airy blood, trying to breath again. The feline was currently laying upon the bench, head hanging over the side above the bloody pot, just in case. Just starting to dose, the cheetah was startled when someone suddenly called out. The surprise had the boy falling off the bench, paw landing upon the metal handle as he hit the ground with a dull thud. The metal pot went skittering across the floor and under a table holding a few violins, red droplets flying and splattering the floor. Ndale cursed in his mind, finding himself lucky that there hadn't been a ton of blood in the pot. Still, his front was splattered.

The cheetah looked up sharply as the doorknob twisted, jumping to his feet. There wasn't anything he could do about the mess, but it was so little that perhaps if the newcomer was unobservant, they wouldn't notice. Ndale leaped upon the piano, paw causing a loud few low notes to ring through the room and leave a red print, and slipped down behind the frame, squeezing into the spaces between the other instruments and gliding through the shadows among the drapes.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Height : Cheetah: 96 cm (3'2") / Human: 180 cm (5'11" ft)
Weight : 60 kg

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Illisandria looked around the room as she entered. She could've sworn that she heard someone--or someTHING--was in here just a second ago. "hello? Are you in here?" There was no answer. However, as she walked deeper into the storage room, she noticed something...odd. Amidst all the dusty instruments and covers were a few things out of place.

1) A tuba was out of place.
2) The piano was dusted and
3) There were small traces of blood on it.

"Hm? This is odd..." she looked at the blood and sighed, "Fresh too..."

Now she was scared. What if the person was dangerous? What if it was the intruder? What if...Shut up! Don't get worried, get on the offensive... She unsheathed her katanas and brandished them, " Come out! If you're dangerous I will attack!"
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:42 pm

Ndale's ears perked as he heard the feminine voice. He was crouched low under a cello that was leaning up against a draped harp. He winced as she noticed the blood. He swiveled his head and saw the sheen of a metal blade as the girl apparently made to engage in battle with whatever monster was prowling the storage room. He scoffed quietly. 'Sorry, chicky, I'm not about to fight you.' Ndale rolled his eyes, considering it may be safer to just reveal himself. 'But, I can have a little fun.' Lips peeled back to display his teeth in some sort of a catty grin.

The cheetah leaned into the harp, rubbing his side from shoulder to hip against the strings as he passed, making the instrument sing loudly into the otherwise quiet room. The feline then slinked through the drapes, hopping up onto a small and forgotten spinet in the back corner. The cat had to keep very low for this one, dragging his stomach along the wood to not be seen. He sank a paw onto the keys, making high notes ring out. His body followed suit and each deliberate step cast a lower series of notes as he moved across the panel at a slow pace, each paw making it's own haunting echo before he moved again. A low growl rumbled from his chest, long and drawn out. He tried to watch the girl carefully, seeing her next move, stalking her. Reaching the end of the spinet, he dropped down to the ground and slid around a rack of clarinets to gain a favorable position almost directly in front of the young girl, hidden between some dusty cloths. He chuckled in his mind.

From a small slit in the drapes he could see her. Shifting just a fraction forward had his eye's tapetum lucidum reflecting a greenish golden color in the dim light, revealing himself as beast rather than human even though no other part of him could be seen from this position. He again let out a chattering growl (or rather something between a growl and a meow). Ndale was prepared to come forward should she be agreeable, or bolt should she be aggressive.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:21 pm

Sandria was on-edge, there was something odd going on and she wasn't liking it. There were unsolicited noises from the instruments (first a harp, then a spinet), and now there were a pair of eyes glowing at her in a menacing fashion. "Uh...uh...d-d-don't come any closer. I have a sword...or two..."

When there was no response she almost screamed, all fear gone, "Look," she shot, "You think you're so cute but you're not, scaring someone like that. in fact, you're becoming more and more of a douche every passing minute!" She brandished her swords menacingly, "Now come out or I'll come and get you, you creeper!"
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:53 pm

The glowing eyes narrowed on the girl. A douche, was he? It was her fault for coming in to his domain, he wasn't the one who sought her out, he hadn't gone looking to scare her, just happened to take the opportunity when she had so deliciously presented it. He was tempted to tell her to come and get him, then, but a thought gave him pause. She had no reason to suspect that he was anything more than your average cheetah. He had not spoken yet, or given away his intelligence. Perhaps this would save him from being attacked. She may even help him, if he seemed innocent enough.

He stepped forward, non-threatening though still staying defensive. Reflective eyes giving way to their normal amber. The light revealed his spotted fur, the tear mark pattern down his eyes, and the blood upon his muzzle which had streamed from his mouth. He disliked the thought of appearing so injured, but it wasn't like he had had the time to clean up. The cheetah eyed the swords and peeled back his top lip in a hiss, obviously displeased and distrusting of the branded weapon. His ears were pinned back and he stayed low with tail curled, playing up the scared, wounded animal angle.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:24 pm

Sandria stepped back in surprise and sheathed her swords; it was a cheetah. Just a cheetah. Wait, what was a cheetah doing in Lillegard? Especially in the music storage room.

"Hey, what're you doing here? This is a music storage room, you know?" She stared at the beautiful animal and then gasped, there was blood on its muzzle, "And you're hurt! Well that's where the blood came from. But how did you manage to bleed all over the piano? And what are you even doing here? This is a castle, not a zoo or the savannah." Almost immediately she realized something, "You're a student aren't you? Oh God...I'm so sorry. You...you're that guy I keep seeing with the elf with green hair...Ndale, right?"

Apologize to him! You probably just made him mad at you! And...you called him a douche and a couple of other things! Great..., she sighed in defeat, arms flopping back to her sides, Open mouth, insert foot.

"Um...if you are Ndale...sorry about the..names...I'm a bit...fierce when I'm scared...um...a-are you really bleeding? I mean...is that a running wound or an illness or what? Cause I might be able to patch it up if it's a wound." she paused and looked around suspiciously, "Are you-are you going to answer me or am I just talking to an animal?"
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Ndale lowered his lip and raised out of his crouch slightly, seeing as the girl seemed to believe his bluff. Until, that is, until she mention his being a student. Eyes wide, he watched, helpless, as she came to the conclusion of exactly who he was. Of course, he should have realized that a cheetah in a music storage would be suspicious in general and he wasn't dealing with idiot humans here.

He huffed airily and rolled his eyes at the apology from the girl. The cheetah stood fully, seeings as the game was lost, and flicked his tail back and forth irritably. One ear was positioned forward in curiosity in how the girl knew him, the other still flat back against his head in distrust. Ndale stared her down with a flat look and shook his head as if say: 'I'm not going to answer stupid questions.'

The cheetah nodded towards the door, and then towards the dragon skin case, raising an eyebrow in question. What was she doing here?
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:11 pm

Sandria noticed that he was staring at her flute case and grinned, "This? This is my flute--C flute to be specific--I play if you didn't know" She took his unassuming look as a 'no duh' and blushed, "You want to hear? I can play some Chopin."
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:33 pm

The ear that had been tucked in against Ndale's head came forward in interest and his eyes widened with understanding. She was here because she played instruments, she must have been checking out the supply the castle had or something. The corners of the cheetah's mouth pulled up into something of a smile and he padded softly over to the piano the he himself loved to play, jumping up on to the bench where he had been before the girl had startled him. Arching his neck, he brought his nose down on a C note, accidentally hitting both the B and D notes as well. Looking back over to the girl, he blinked and nodded, gesturing for her to play.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Noticing his nod, Illisandria began to piece together her flute, then she warmed yup and began to play Chopin's first Minute waltz from his sixty-fourth Opus. It was a lilting melody, lots of sixteenth notes and runs, flying up and down the D major scale. She had missed a few notes but she didn't care; this was the first time in a long time she had played for someone other than the Wyrms and (although they were often very culturally aware) they didn't compare to having someone around her age listen to her play.

When she finished she looked at Ndale expectantly, "Well? did you like it?" She asked breathlessly.

I hope he liked it...I want to make friends here and if he didn't like it than that means one more person who won't like me and I don't think I can handle that... She felt the panic and depression well up inside of her but swallowed it down. Well even if he didn't like it, I like it and that's what matters, right?
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Ndale had watched the girl piece together her instrument, with ears pitched forward in interest, awaiting her to start. As she played, he started tracking her fingers as they flew over the flute. At some point during the performance, though, his had closed his eyes and relaxed his ears, just listening. He sat like a stone statue like that for the rest of the song, tail not even twitching and chest hardly shifting.

When the music stopped, and the girl asked if he had liked it, he opened his eyes, sharp amber stare locking on to her. He took a moment to consider. The song was a bit faster than what he usually preferred, but that was the original artist, not the girl. To say he hated it was too harsh. He had liked it, though it may not be his favorite tune. She was indeed a good player. Casually, Ndale dipped his head, eyes taking a long blink; a nod of acceptance. He lifted his head to show off a grin.

"Well, well, the girl's not half bad when she's not yelling and threatening you with a sword." It was the first time he had spoken since he had gotten sick, and his voice was a little rough from it. It was only partially deep, definitely masculine though odd coming from vocal cords that should not be forming English words. He gave a low chuckle. "You are fairly talented." He was delivering a compliment, though the way his eyes narrowed and his grin lengthened around his sharp teeth gave off a silent 'though I could do better'.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:49 pm

Illisandria started when Ndale spoke but, somehow, it was comforting to not be talking to some random animal or someone who wasn't interested in talking back. And when he complimented her playing, well it made her smile. Someone liked my playing... Then what he said about the sword-threatening caught up with her and she blushed, "Yeah.., well...sorry about that...Too long in the wild tends to make one a tad...jumpy." She noted the snarky look her gave her and gestured to the piano, "Play away if you think you can do better. Though, you might want opposable thumbs to do so."
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:24 am

Ndale's tail swished languidly behind him as it hung over the edged of the piano bench and he grinned cattily, huffing airily in what seemed the cheetah's equivalent of a short guffaw. His eyes shone with the amusement.

"Remember, you are talking to a wild animal, the same one that vaulted over the piano and into the shadows when you entered. I shall not fault you for self-preservation." His throat rumbled in thought and he turned to glance at the piano keys at her suggestion before looking back at her from the corner of his eye.

"Perhaps." The words was drawn out, vibrating through his chest as it made it's way out. "Though you assume I will allow you to know. If you wish to hear, you must not see." The cheetah raised a brow at the girl, feigning his uttermost seriousness. "If you peek and find my secret, I shall never play for you again." Of course, while he did like keeping his human and feline self separate, there really was no big secret. The only reason that she wouldn't be able to look was that he would have no clothes on, having left his pants in the courtyard forgotten when he ran. And while he wasn't modest or shy by any means, he didn't think she (or anyone else) would really appreciate a naked man running around. Besides, it was fun messing with the girl, and since he was ripped off on his wounded animal facade maybe a secret musician would be just as entertaining. He stared her down with his unwavering eyes. "Do we have a deal?"
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:43 am

Illisandria processed what he just said and nodded, "Fine then, I promise I won't look." She really wanted to hear Ndale play. It had been a long time, longer than she remembered, since she had heard someone else play. and the thought of making a friend on top of hearing someone else play was an exciting offer she couldn't resist.

I hope he plays well...well, even if he didn't I'd love it anyways. Music is one of the best ways to express your soul. And I would love to peek into Ndale's soul. He's just so...exotic and raw. At least, the looks that way. Whatever he really is we'll see through the music. And with that she turned around and faced the opposite wall.

"Ready!"
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:32 pm

Ndale tilted his head to the side, watching as she turned her back. He waited a moment, making sure she wouldn't turn. It seemed she was genuine, and he let out a low chuckled.

"Very well, but remember, no peeking until I say." Amusement laced his voice and he shook his head, hopping down from the piano bench. A serious of pops and cracks sounded as bones twisted and clicked into their new rearrangement, skin rippled in goosebumps as fur receded and the damp air of the room brushed against him. Picking up the drape on the floor that had once covered the piano, Ndale wrapped it around his rather human lower half, just in case. Pushing back his hair from his face with a lazy hand, he glanced over at the girl's back. He sighed before sitting at the piano. Why was he doing this again?

Not really knowing, he set his fingers over the keys. His left hand stared out slow, his right keeping a faster pace, before both melded into something a bit smoother. The tune of Mr. Brightside by The Killers flowed from the instrument, and while there was a rough patch, it was a long time favorite of his to play. His shoulders swayed to the music as his fingers danced over the keys and his arms crossed to reach the notes, always going back to the standard position. He was no professional, piano was just something he had taken to strongly about four years ago, that and drums. This is why he only knew certain songs well, while he couldn't play others at all. One such as this, though, he had by memory.

The song was fairly long, almost four minutes. And as the last note rang out, his hands slid from the keyboard. Looking over his shoulder, he kept the girl in his peripheral vision but said nothing, assuming she was going to give some sort of opinion whether he asked for it or not.

(( song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXTPS4wwKDo&feature=related ))
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:47 pm

The pops and cracks Sandria heard must have been Ndale shifting back into a human form. It sounded uncomfortable but she was somewhat used to the sound because some of the Wyrms in the clutch she stayed with could shift. Then came the playing.

Illisandria was amazed at the quality of Ndale's playing. Granted, there was that one spot in the middle, but the rest of it...amazing. It was "Mr. Brightside" by the Killers, a song she knew and liked. And the best part was, even though it was on the piano, she still wanted to burst into song and join in at the chorus. Yet she was reverently quiet and allowed Ndale to finish.

"That was amazing...," she breathed, "It-it's been so long since I've heard anything other than the songs of nature that I'd almost forgotten how amazing a piano could sound. And you - you did so well. I really liked it." she paused and realized what she just said and then blushed, "Thank you for playing for me Ndale."
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:04 pm

A low airy chuckle was the first response Illisandria received. The young man rose and silently padded over to stand behind the girl.

"Why, thank you." Ndale's smug breath ghosted across the back of her neck. He leaned forward to loom his mouth nearer to her left ear and lowered his voice. "I'm glad you liked it. I don't often play for an audience. Though, it was the least I could do to return the favor after you played so beautifully as well." The feline smirked. He knew perfectly well that there was a high probability that he was making the girl feel creeped out, he wondered if she would forget her promise to not turn around. Really, the man wasn't that close bodily, he was just leaning in. However, he knew what her not being able to see him, and yet feel his breath, could do. It was almost always highly amusing. Unless he got hit, then it wasn't so amusing.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Illisandria could feel Ndale's breath on the back of her neck and she shivered slightly. She knew that he was toying with her, it was a predator thing...or maybe just an Ndale thing...but she still was starting to freak out. She could feel his presence behind her, his body heat and his tail brushing across the back of her legs, and it was making her tense. I said I wouldn't look so I won't but if he doesn't move..., she paused as she tried to think of what she would do to Ndale but became flustered as he moved in closer. Illisandria stiffened as his warm breath ghosted across her neck again and he complimented her playing. She clutched her flute and took a deep breath.

"Um...Ndale...," with no response she continued, "Could you...please..." she couldn't finish, his breath and his body so close to hers short circuited her fangirl senses. She had seen Ndale with the elf (Aesis was his name?) and she knew that he was off limits but still. He was so close and she hadn't been around humanoids for so long...NO! Bad Sandria! Don't! You just need---! then the thought crossed her mind, I don't have a date to the ball...

"Um...Ndale...would you...like to go to the ball with me?..."
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:38 am

Ndale hummed lightly, sounding more like a purr as the girl stuttered and ended with please. He wondered what she would want from him, immensely amused. This girl was so easy to rile. His purr rumbled into a chuckle when she asked him to the dance.

"The ball?" The feline hummed again as if in thought. "I will be attending with an interest of mine who regretfully seems to hate me, I will gladly save you a dance should you attend though." Smirking, Ndale lifted a hand to brush his finger tips to push a strand of hair off the nape of her neck. "Of course, this depends on what you wanted of me. Someone to call a date for the ball, or just a chance to get close to me again. If it's the latter, you'll have to seek me out a different time But don't fall in love with me now." His tone was teasing and saturated with amusement.

Leaning down, Ndale ghosted a kiss over the protruding vertebra at the base of Sandria's neck before stepping back completely and away from the girl.

Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amunet Chi Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Amunet wandered into the storage room completly lost, her little kitten legs just barley gave out on her as she climbed into an empty guitar case that had been left open and abondoned in the corner of the room. She turned in circles a few times before settling in and quickly feel asleep nestled into the soft velvty fabric hardly noticing the two other people in the room.
Amunet Chi
Amunet Chi
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:01 pm

Illisandria shivered and looked down, "Of course. I'll try my best to make it to the dance. If I don't it's probably because I had more...pressing matters. I'll try to see you then?"

She sat down on the floor and put her flute to her lips and played a few more notes, trying to clear her mind of the teasing tone that Ndale had taken up. Then she fell into the rhythm of cleaning her instrument. "And, for your information, I was searching for someone to take me to the dance. Thank you for the sentiment though."
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:14 am

"But of course." Ndale purred out, cordially agreeing with the girl's thoughts on both the dance and just wanting an informal date and nothing more. Though, of course, the tone implied that he was being both smugly sarcastic and downright cocky.

Ndale dropped the sheet that he had been using a makeshift cover, and a serious of pops and cracks alerted all parties that the boy was reverting back to his four-legged state. Once situated, the feline sat to lift a hind paw to scratch at his ear a moment, causing the leather collar with his name plate to jingle merrily.

"Very well, Illisandria, I have humored your interest in my music, and as promised you did not look until I have said it is okay, which is what I am doing now: you may look, and I thank you for your consideration to my wishes." Casually, Ndale yawned, having had his fun, and looked around. He barely noted the kitten, but since she was sleeping, decided to do nothing about it. He winced at the blood on the floor and the prints he left. He sighed, perhaps he would just leave them. No one really came in here anyway. Besides, it would be funny for others to enter and think something amiss even when there wasn't. Returning his gaze to the girl sitting in the room, he flicked his tail idly. "Now what?"
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Amunet Chi Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:51 pm

Amunet awoke to the sound of voices she looked around and saw a big cat sitting there talking to a girl, she yawned and streched then walked over and sat down infront of the big cat, "Amunet thinks you is a big kitty!!! A big fluffly spotted kitty!"
Amunet Chi
Amunet Chi
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Illisandria Carthain Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:26 pm

Sandria blinked as she heard another vice. "Kitty? Wha---?" She turned to see another cat, this one a small kitten, next to Ndale. "Oh...hi there!"
Illisandria Carthain
Illisandria Carthain
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next