The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Indoor Voices

3 posters

Go down

Indoor Voices Empty Indoor Voices

Post  Solasta Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:16 am

If it were possible to hold staring contests with bookshelves, Solasta would've long won by now. Crouching by a shelf, her red eyes scanned the titles of every book, her brows furrowed in concentration. It didn't help that she didn't pick up English until a few years ago, so it was a little trickier to read. "Sorcery... Witchcraft..." she mumbled, reading each title. Although she was in the mythology section, she was hoping she'd at least find something that would help her.

There was nothing. She bared her teeth in frustration. "Damnit! Where is de book on curses?!" she raised her voice, giving an accusatory glance at the room around her. There were far too many books here, and she wasn't about to sift through every single one just to find one book - she wouldn't have the patience for that.

Grumbling, she resumed staring at the bookshelf she was previously looking at. He expression showing clear, balant annoyance, she began to pull books from the shelves, dropping them to the floor when it wasn't the one she was looking for. A pile of books quickly formed at her feet, but she cared little about that - this was a more efficient way of searching anyway.

((Anyone can join this xP))

Last edited by Solasta on Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Solasta
Solasta
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 234 cm
Weight : 96 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Solasta-Bio-262225645

Back to top Go down

Indoor Voices Empty Re: Indoor Voices

Post  Sara Phillips Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:58 pm

The room was silent, except for the sound of pages turning. Sara walked toward the section of mechanics and filled her bag with books. She then proceeded to drag her bag toward the corner of the library and drop it on a table, creating a loud (if not thundering) noise. Spark snickered. He plummeted off Sara’s head and landed almost flawlessly onto the table. Sara quietly took the books from her bag and placed them on the table, one on top of the other. Spark pulled a book from the stack, causing the pile to tumble. (It was a strenuous task for him, but Spark pushed himself to succeed.) This made Sara groan and she picked them back up. Spark opened the book and flipped to a random page. He began reading the passage in a series of noisy beeps, buzzing, and Morse code. Sara looked around the library, afraid that others heard her. It could be quite unfortunate if she bothered anyone aggressive or irritated. (Even the librarian might ‘lead her out’ if Spark keeps up this obnoxious behavior.)

Shh!” Sara hushed. “Spark, you’ll get us in trouble!” Spark beeped his defiance.
Sara Phillips
Sara Phillips
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 170.18
Weight : 120

Back to top Go down

Post  Solasta Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 pm

The thud of the bag landing on the table knocked Solasta off her concentration - something the junkai didn't take too kindly too. She'd assumed that she was alone in this library - knowing that there was the presence of a potential disturbance was a less than welcoming notion. She dropped the book she was currently holding to the floor with the rest of its family, afterwards kicking them out of the way so she'd be able to escape.

The noises continued, much to her irritation, and after passing by a few shelves, she finally lay her eyes on Sara. "What'chu dink you be doink?!" she immediately accused, pointing at her squarely in the forehead. "I'm tryink to read and you're making all of dis noise! You make me sick!" she spat, apparently not noticing the presence of Spark.
Solasta
Solasta
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Phillips Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:52 am

Sara looked over toward the voice. She saw a curious lavender colored creature that was yelling in her direction. If she were in a better mood (after all she was just insulted), she would've asked about her and what particular species she was. 'Well this is quite peculiar...' She thought and made a mental note to ask about the person's background later.

"Well I'm sorry if I made you sick. My robot tends to be noisy sometimes." Sara pointed to her little bot who retorted in Morse code. "Woman, be quiet! Can't you see I have the right to speak! Robots have rights too!" Spark made confusing hand-motions to explain himself. Then when she looked at him blankly, he could tell she did not understand him. He gave up with an exasperated sigh and continued reading his book.
Sara Phillips
Sara Phillips
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachael Fallon Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Rachael arrived in the library, seriously hoping they had decent stock of books. She remembered the library she used to go to back in Rosewood County was so understocked that she could practically go there with the complete assurance that they would not have the book she was looking for. When she arrived at Lillegards library though she was overwhelmed.

Three stories high! She'd never been in a library this big. She didn't even know where she should start. This place was heaven for bookworms. Then she heard a familiar beeping sound and some voices. She recognized the beeping as Sara's little bot, Spark, but was a bit cautious to approach because of the yelling.

When she turned the corner she saw Sara and a large purple-people-eater standing between the two of them.

"Umm, hi Sara," She greeted a bit meekly, perhaps in hopes of making the other person stop yelling. Then she tilted her head a bit to see the table around the other person, "Hi Spark."
Rachael Fallon
Rachael Fallon
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Solasta Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:32 pm

"Hm! Excuses!" he hissed, giving the strange machine an annoyed glance as it continued to make strange noises and signals, none of which she understood. "De hell is dat?" she sneered, shoving a finger right up to it to nudge it. Technology was most definately not her preference, and the disapproving look on her face was clear.

She heard another voice appear, and she immediately whipped her sharp gaze around to look at her. "You know her?" she inquired, standing to her full height to look down at the newcomer. Flippantly brushing away a strand of her in front of her face, she stood with her other hand on her hip, gazing between Sara and Rachael expectantly. "If either of you don't want to be useless, den will you at least show me how to find books about curses?" she demanded.
Solasta
Solasta
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Phillips Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Spark flinched as that purple creature poked him. In rage he pinched his metal claws on her finger. "Don't touch me! You monstrous creature!" Spark used one of his metal claws as a sword, and the others to shield himself from the ferocious beast. (Think St. George and the Dragon)

Sara gave Rachael a welcoming smile. "Hello Rachael!" Spark recognized the lady and nodded in a valiant manner.

"Hmm, I will help, just don't demand me. Did you try asking the librarian? Does this library have a catalog?" Sara inquired. Spark sneered at the strange being.

"I would also like to know your name, so I know what to call you." Sara added. (Without offending you, because that would be quite unfortunate.)
Sara Phillips
Sara Phillips
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachael Fallon Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:22 pm

Rachael smiled a bit at Spark's nod. It seemed he no longer had the orb Yuuki had given him to speak, but he still recognized.

Then, she got a bit angry at the girl's (she assumed it was female based on it's hair, an assumption that may or may not have been correct) statement. Who was she to demand anything out of either of them? Though she was a bit intimidated by her height and appearence she tried not to show it on her face.

"Uh, yeah, I think I saw a catalogue towards the front of the library," She said pointing behind her.

Rachael was a bit disappointed. She would have loved to look for books with Sara. From what she knew of her, they may have had a similar taste in books. Now this other girl was here acting as if she owned them, trying to act bigger than she actually may have been... in the figurative sense of course. Rachael hated people like this.
Rachael Fallon
Rachael Fallon
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Solasta Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:33 pm

"Yagh!" Solasta screeched slightly as her finger was unexpectedly nipped by the robot, and she stared at it in frustration. "What is dat?" she repeated, scowling at Sara as she noticed that her question had been left unanswered. She looked at the hurt finger moodily. It hadn't broken the skin, but she wasn't very pleased with it nevertheless.

"What?" she scoffed in disbelief at Sara at her remark. "I am not demandink, I am ask asking vereh nicely, where de hell is de book on curses?!" She raised her arms in the air in disbelief, as if she was was talking to a complete idiot. Turning to face Rachael, she addressed her wiht much of the same attitude. "I looked, I saw no catalogue!" Folding her arms, she tried to casually shift her weight to the other side, as if attempting to hide her annoyance, but failing at it. "Solasta," she sneered. "Name is Solasta, don'tchu be forgettink it."
Solasta
Solasta
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Phillips Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:28 pm

Sara felt apathetic towards helping Solasta, and she really wanted to argue her point. But...she held her mouth, after all she did not want to get into a fight with Rachael here. "That is Spark. He's my robot. He records data through this particular eye." She points to his lone eye. "He is also highly adaptive to different environments, organizes and searches for objects or data efficiently, and water-proof." Sara sighed. "I believe Spark could be of some assistance to your book searching. But mind you, he has a mind of his own and he is tiny so the searching might take quite a while. Assuming that he agrees to it, of course."

Spark glared defiantly at 'Solasta'. He would not help this beast. Nothing would phase his mind. He frowned at the thought of helping it. Sara glared at him so he could understand that what she was saying was not an option, but an order. So to avoid any conflict and punishments, Spark reluctantly submitted. "Hmmpf, It's only because I am not in the mood for fighting today."
Sara Phillips
Sara Phillips
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachael Fallon Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:23 pm

Rachael watched the exchange between Sara and Spark and giggled. She absolutely adored Spark and could tell that he was going to help Solasta... whether he actually wanted to or not.

She walked by Solasta to the table he was standing and bent over so she was on eye level with him. "Thank you, Spark." She figured it wasn't likely that Solasta was going to show much respect to the little bot, so she may as well. From her encounter with Spark and Yuuki on the dirt road she'd learned that he wasn't just some mindless machine.
Rachael Fallon
Rachael Fallon
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Solasta Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:14 pm

"Hmm." Solasta eyed the bot up and down, giving Sara a skeptic glance. The technological mumbo jumbo seemed to have flown straight over her head, and she shrugged brashly, as if to show that she did not care. Even if this thing was going to help her, she wasn't inclined to trust it at all.

Her eyes swept over Rachael momentarily, before she snorted and looked away. The girl was probably trying to rub in her lack of gratitude. the junkai had an inkling that these two were going to team up on her, seeing as they already seemed to know each other. Just what had she done wrong, anyway? All she'd done was asked them to show her a book. "Well?" she snapped, interrupting their short-lived reunion. "Dese books aren't goink to find demselves!" As she said this, she tugged a random book from its shelf. Self-Help Anger Management Scheme For Dummies. She quickly tossed the book to the floor.
Solasta
Solasta
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Phillips Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:40 am

Spark beeped happily as Rachael complimented him, at least there one person who appreciated his 'efforts'. Sara placed Spark on the shelf, as he crawling around the books scanning the titles with his eye. Sara followed him watching as he dropped from the shelf, and landed on all eight feet. He then scurried himself across the floor until he spotted another shelf. He crept on the side of the shelf, and scanned the books for anything that relates to curses. (This took quite a while.) Until he reached a book called: Breaking Generational Curses. He beeped. “There seems to be only a shelf of curses.” He stated.
Sara took notice of Spark’s noises. “Rachel? Solasta? Perhaps Spark found what you’ve been looking for.” She was tired from looking at so many bookcases and walking from one shelf to another. ‘It must’ve been quite exhausting for everyone to…’ She thought. “I still have to finish that book on mechanics…perhaps tomorrow.” She mentally made a note for it in her head.
Sara Phillips
Sara Phillips
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachael Fallon Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:56 am

A look of anger crossed Rachael's face as Solasta threw the book, and she bent over to pick it up. "That is not how you browse for a book." She placed the book back on the shelf and for a quick moment wondered if Solasta even the intelligence necessary to read a boook.

Rachael walked over to Sara, stifling a yawn, when she called. She wanted to find a book she could read to occupy her time before classes started, but now she was tired and no longer in the mood to browse the huge selection this library had. She hoped Solasta would just take the book and leave. She would absolutely lose her mind if her next request was to hold her hand as she tried to understand the mulitsylabic that were most likely contained in the book Spark had found.
Rachael Fallon
Rachael Fallon
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Solasta Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:12 am

As Rachaeal lightly scolded her, Solasta mouthed under her breath, irritably mocking the girl so that she wouldn't hear. What did she care how she searched for books? She could do it any way she wanted.

Watching with a hard. narrowed gaze as Spark searched, she crossed her arms impatiently, exhaling audibly to make the others aware of her lessening patience. Not like they'd understand the urgency of her situation, however. She really needed this book. As Sara called, she finally grinned wryly. "Finally! Yo' were takink all day with dis!" It seemed the closest the junkai was ever going to get to showing gratitude, as she stormed over towards the said shelf, practically tearing a book from its shelf. Red eyes scanned the cover, being the same one that Spark had come across, and she flipped it open halfway.

Expectedly, her immediate reaction was confusion. Her snide, arrogant expression quickly morphed into that of pure bafflement that didn't seem to improve as she turned to the next page. The combination of long words and small text was trickying, to say the least, and the mish-mash diagrams of what seemed to be a section of a brain didn't make any sense to her. Finally, she groaned, dropping the book and turning to bash her head against the wooden bookshelf in frustration. "Dis! School! Is! Useless!" she screamed, each of her syllables punctuated by each thud. Her eyes swivelled to glare and accusatory glance at Sara and Rachael. "How can yo' be understandink a single word of dis crap? Dere is nothink in dat book fo' me!"
Solasta
Solasta
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Phillips Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:01 am

((lol irony))

Spark looked smugly at Sara, “You will always need my help.” He remarked audaciously. As Solasta’s expression changed from glee to bewilderment, Sara peered at her inquisitively. She wondered what she would do. She watched Solasta as she dropped the book in frustration, and then proceeded to bang her head on the shelf.

Sara picked up the carelessly thrown book. "Please refrain from throwing books, Solasta. Otherwise you will ruin the binding. What curse are you specifically looking for?” While she was exhausted, as well as, a tad bit frustrated, she responded objectively and concise. “You have to state the specifics, in order for us to find the subject you’re looking for.” Sara explained.

Spark gazed at Solasta peculiarly. “You really do not know how to read this? It’s exceedingly simple! Perchance, it is my superior intellect that enables me to read this piece with such ease. But sadly that is not the case, indeed, it is because you are ignorant." Spark shook his head woefully-mocking.
Sara Phillips
Sara Phillips
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rachael Fallon Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Rachael was highly disappointed though not surprised at Solasta's frustration. Wasn't there a librarian somewhere around here that could help her?

Rachael looked over Sara's shoulder at the text. Okay, so it was a bit verbose, but other than all the fancy magical terms pertaining to curses, it was nothing she couldn't really understand.

"Solasta, maybe if you ask nicely," ... or at least in a way that doesnt make you seem like some kind of ill-mannered beheamoth, "and stop acting like you own us, then we'll help you." Truthfully, Rachael was hoping that Solasta would continue what she was doing that way she could just give Sara a frustrated look and maybe they'd both agree to just abandon her. She already had the distinct feeling that Spark had had just about enough of Solasta.
Rachael Fallon
Rachael Fallon
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Solasta Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:49 pm

As the other two proceeded to talk to her with that annoyingly calm tone of voice, Solasta could only grit her teeth in semi restrainted anger. We they belittling her? It was unallowable! Admittedly, she wasn't quite sure about the exact details of the curse, or if it even was a curse. It had all been assumptions until now.

She wanted to, more than anything, just to kick both of their faces in and call it a day. But no, she actually had a desire to solve her problems, and this desire was strong enough to overcome her violent will. She stood up straight, jutting out her chin as she addressed them with a thoughtful expression. She cleared her throat.

"If you would.. be.. so nice," she began, obviously struggling. "...den... please.. help me... with this curse." She exhaled loudly, as if the ordeal had been exhausting. Furrowing her brows, she decided the actions spoke louder than words, and she grabbed her tail to hold it before them. In clear sight, she allowed the tip of her tail to burst into flames, strong heat radiating from it. Her face only showed a hint of pain before she whipped her tail quickly away, lashing it violently from side to side until the fire was extinguished. A black mark as left behind where the fire was, and smoke rose from it.

"Don't tell anyone," she urgently hissed under her breath. "My own fire burns me, it is a curse!" Looking shiftily back to the books, she frowned. "De books should have the answer... They'd better!"
Solasta
Solasta
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down