Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week

W-which way?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: W-which way?

Post  Terri Raikou on Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:39 pm

"lamb?" terri laughed lightly. "the last time i had to hunt for anything was because i was on the run. i doubt there had been any lamb around at the time." he grinned at callan's enthusiasm. "you'll make tones of friends at lillegard. there are some really cool people here!"
Terri Raikou
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Deneli on Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Deneli grinned at Callan. It seemed Callan was just as eager to try land food as she was. Her expression changed though and a slight grimace crossed her face. "Seaweed? You lived off of seaweed?" She cringed. "I couldn't do that. There's no variety. It's just... seaweed. People on land eat other land animals. And they're always telling us at school that we shouldn't go out too far into the ocean on our own because of sharks. It's just a food chain thing."

She looked at Raye now, hoping she wouldn't think the question she was about to ask was stupid. "What kind of animal is a lamb?" She'd heard of chickens before. Those were the ones that made the clucking sounds and the boy chickens made a sound that was like cock-a-doodle-doo in the morning. The word lamb only made her think of the nursery rhyme. Mary had a little lamb. She never learned what a lamb was though.

((I think Shae just interpreted my description wrong lol. The character Shae is fairly evil though nonetheless XD))
Deneli

Height : 4'10'' / 147cm
Weight : 95lbs / 43kg

http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/gallery/31944486?offset=24#/d49h

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:08 pm

"I've been a lone wolf for years. And when us hunters get called out, we dont have the luxury to have a nice meal at a restaurant. Lamb was one of the most plentiful animals that were quite easy to catch around when we hunted."

The Jinn smiled at Deneli - Spyridon had asked her that the first time they were taken on a hunt back in America. That had been over a hundred and sixty years ago. "They're baby sheep. Um.... Have you ever seen illustrations to the rhyme Mary Had A Little Lamb?" Raye glanced down at the dirt in thought and then grinned, squatting and scratching a sketch of both a lamb and a sheep into the dirt with her claws. "That one is a sheep," she informed, pointing to the bigger sketch. "And this one is a lamb. They're livestock animals that the humans use for various means."
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Callan on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:51 pm

Callan giggled. She couldn't wait until she got to the castle and met other people as curiosity was in her nature. She was certain that if she wasn't so scared of cats, or if the cat if question actually liked her, that she would have been a cat in her past life. Meowing, fluffy tails and all.

She listened in carefully as Raye started to explain to Deneli what the difference between a lamb and a sheep was. She had never seen one before, never eat one before either. Can't wait!

Looking around she noticed some signs that she didn't before. Surely one of those would tell me the way to the castle... Looking closer at the sighs her eyes moved over the letters without taking them in... it was pretty hard to looked like squiggles. She had to hurry up and learn to read.

A blush of embarrassment graced it's appearance on Callan's pale cheeks. Lifting a hand she pointed to the signs that where placed to the side of the road. "I-i um.. P-please don't l-laugh... but w-what do they s-say?".
Callan
Retired Character
Retired Character

Weight : Playing around and learning about the 'land beings'

http://xxdraconikaxx.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Callan-Strand-25754

Back to top Go down

Post  Terri Raikou on Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Terri blinked at Callan in surprise. "you can't read them? do they have a different language were you come from, then?" he had never heard of people who couldn't read, but he figured that since she'd lived under the water, she might not be familiar with the english written language
Terri Raikou
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Deneli on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:18 pm

Deneli immediately perked up as she watched Raye draw in the dirt, recognizing the animal. "Oh, it's the fluffy one!! I know what sheeps are. That's the one that the wolfie dresses up as so he can hide and eat them." She giggled, recounting yet another children's story. She'd never known that the lamb from that nursery rhyme was a sheep. She'd pictured something different. Oh well.

Deneli joined Callan and Terri at the sign and cocked her head sideways. "I can't read it either." She said to Terri. "We use different letters at Sisco. It doesn't look anything like this." She turned her attention back to the signs, focusing specifically at one that read "Academy at Lillegard Castle". She placed a finger on the last word. "I know some things though. I think that one says 'castle'." She looked back at Terri for approval without removing her finger. "Right? I remember that one because I always thought it looked pretty." She said with a giggle.
Deneli

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:38 pm

Raye grinned roguishly, fanged teeth in plain sight. "Ah yes, the famous saying A Wolf In Sheep Clothing. I think I fit the bill pretty well. I quite like fables. They hold some pretty valuable morals," she chuckled, pulling herself to her full height and stretching out, wincing as a series of pops sounded out from her back and knees.

"Damn in, ouch," she hissed, rubbing her back softly. "I'm getting old..." And having just turned 162 a couple months back, she really was old.

She trotted over to the congregation of people around the sign and peered over Callan's shoulder. She cocked her head to the side and hummed, squinting as she read the words. "It's been too long since I've read English." She sighed heavily and rested her chin on the Nickar's shoulder. "I need to start trying again." She wrinkled her nose. "Japanese is so much harder to write, yet I find English difficult."
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Terri Raikou on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:23 pm

Terri peered over Deneli's shoulder at the sign. "yep. castle," he told her approvingly. "'academy at lillegard castle'. " he looked over at Raye in surprise when he heard the popping sound of her joints. "Jeeze, you sound like---" he blinked, stopping himself, and wondering how that meeting would go over. the two were actually quite alike in many respects...he shook his head, slightly. he looked back up, his face brightening again at Raye's comment. "Japanese? my sister speaks Japanese...we don't really know why, though. i mean, she's got pale hair, skin, and blue eyes, yet she's technically sort of japanese....its wierd" he tilted his head slightly as he attempted to puzzle this fact out, propbably for the 50th time since he'd met Yuuki.

((no, the person terri wants Raye to meet is not yuuki...in fact, she's not even at the academy))
Terri Raikou
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Callan on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Callan put on her thinking face, which consisted of tilting of her white haired head and the biting of her tongue as it hung from her pale lips. Pausing for a few seconds she thought back to her childhood and the letters that she would see every now and again.

"I-i have seen some l-like this, b-but I have never f-found out what they meant. Where I a-am from we didn't w-write much down. We h-hardly went above water. I g-guess I was from a p-poor part of the ocean hehehe, I m-mean Deneli said her p-people could write, I guess mine n-never figured out how to write under w-water."

Thinking though what she had just said, Callan gave a nod before she carried on.

"Nickars c-can change the frequency of their v-vocal cords. All living things have a frequency, it's j-just finding it. I-it took 3 d-days to find the humans f-frequency... t-they all looked a-at me like I was mad."

Cocking her head to the side to view Rayes face, which was leant on her shoulder, she giggled.
"Hehehe, r-rayes oollld!~"

"J-japa-neise? I h-have never heard of it, Sorry! B-but, maybe we could all learn to read together? That would be fun!"

That would be so cool! I won't be the only one!
With both legs together she hopped forward three bounces towards the road that Terri had confirmed as the road leading to the castle before pointing excitedly with both hands.

"Hehehe, What we waiting for?"

(:S Sorry for he late reply, i though the assessments would stop coming! But have 3 more to do :'()
Callan
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Deneli on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Deneli got a bit excited again at learning that she'd read the word correctly, then she looked to Callan.

"You can't use land paper to write underwater. We use different paper and pens and stuff. Pretty much everything we make is made of the same material so it's all waterproof," she turned to Raye, "I've heard Japanese before! From Yuuki. It sounds really funny." She said with a giggle.

At Callan's suggestion that they all learn to read together Deneli said, "The way they write is weird though. Every letter makes half a sound. Its so much longer."
Deneli

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick on Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:18 am

Raye cocked a brow. "I sound like...?"

Her eyes brightened. "There are others in the academy that speak Japanese?" She was excited by the prospect. Every now and again she'd lapse into the foreign language and when that happened here people usually stared at her strangely. To have someone else that could talk with her would be great.

She chortled at the Nickar's comment and fluffed her hair vainly. "But I look good for my age, ne?"

"Japanese is a language from a country quite a while away here. I wasn't born in that country, though. I was born in South Dakota. I've lived in Japan for about..." She rolled her eyes skywards and began muttering to herself, touching her fingers as if counting on them. "Ninety? Maybe a hundred years."

Raye laughed. "There are three different alphabets in Japan. The kana's are the easiest to use, but you're expected to use kanji with it. And kanji is evil to learn." Not even Raye - after a hundred years of practise - could use kanji perfectly. The symbols were extremely hard to remember.
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Terri Raikou on Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:00 am

terri laughed brightly. "yuuki SUCKS at Kanji. i've seen her try. she turned her whole room into a winter wonderland because she got so frustrated." he chuckled at the memory, then turned to raye and callan. "when we get to the academy, i can introduce you two to yuuki. she'd really like you both, and i'm sure she'd be happy to help you all out with reading. i'd help, but i'm not exactly a great teacher."

(its so wierd, because raye and yuuki technically met at the halloween ball, but at the same time, they haven't yet. gah!)
Terri Raikou
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Callan on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Callans pale blue eyes widened.

"I-is it that h-hard? I think i s-should stick to e-english then!" A small nervous giggle passed though her pale lips. Callan had never liked to learn new things in front of other as she was afraid she would make too many mistakes and be laughed at.

Frowning callan pulled at her lower lip, a nervous habit she had inherited from her mother."W-what kind of words d-do you begin with? There n-not reeeeeaaaallllly long, are they?"

I hope not! But if we are all learning together then we are all on the same page. If I make a mistake they wont laugh, they are my new friends so i should trust them.

She shook her head, clearing it of all thoughs of doubt. Grinning happily she nodded firmly.
"You know what? Let's d-do it! I can't wait!"

((I'MM ALLLIIVVVEEE!!!! ^////^))
Callan
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Deneli on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:40 am

Deneli came up beside Terri, bouncily, but only somewhat excited by the idea of learning to read from Yuuki. The last time they'd spoken, Yuuki hadn't necessarily left on a good note, and Deneli still wasn't sure what to make of the encounter. She'd been nice, but she'd also been mean. Either way she gave a bright smile to in Terri's direction. "Could she?"

She turned her smile towards Callan, pretending to be as excited as she would have been before that one occurrence. "Yuuki's really nice." As if she needed to remind herself, she reached up and put two fingers around the charm of her necklace. On it, there were two golden fish, each chasing the tail of the other to make a circle. "Look what she gave me! Isn't pretty?"

((I kind of pictured it like the zodiac Pisces. Is that how it is? Just to make sure I'm not describing it wrong XD))
Deneli

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick on Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:11 pm

The Jinn's shoulders shook in a deep rumbling laugh. "I've done that more than a few times. It took all of Chaye's patience and then some to help me improve. I think once I actually buried my pups in a mound of shredded paper when I got too frustrated. Trying to write Otodo is pure torture. It has an eight four stroke count."

Raye's eyes brightened as a toothy grin spread across her lips. "Really? Hey, we can even make a deal. She can teach me English and I'll teach her Kanji, ne?"

She shook her head then nodded then pressed her lips together. "Kanji's difficult to learn. The Kana's are actually fairly easy, I think." Her shoulders lifted in a shrug. "But not everyone's like me. You could find things I find easy difficult and vice-versa."

"Nah. Usually when learning, we start with stupidly easy words." A grin quirked her lips. "I still remember feeling stupid when Zal was sat teaching me Japanese when I first moved over. Teaching me the Kana's and the easy words like cat, house, person, fire. It was embarrassing at the time, but now I look back on it, it really was funny."

Raye smiled softly and patted Callan's fluffy white hair. "Yeah, we'll do it together, ne?"

The canine leaned forwards to get a better look at the necklace, more than likely invading Deneli's personal space bubble in the process. "That's gorgeous. Yuuki has great taste in jewellery." Raye didn't wear much jewellery - only her necklace on an every day basis - but she loved looking at it. In the past, she had bought a large number of jewellery catalogues just to look through them and see the beautiful pieces.
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Terri Raikou on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:29 pm

"well," terri said with a laugh "i'm sure if you just find Yuuki and ask her, she'll be glad to teach you guys. oh speaking of which..." he chuckles lightly. "i just realized, i really ought to go find her...see ya!" Terri waves brightly, then turns and takes off into the sky, his orangish, falcon like wings pumping the air.
Terri Raikou
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum