The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

St Patty's Day At The Library~

Go down

St Patty's Day At The Library~ Empty St Patty's Day At The Library~

Post  Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:38 pm

March 17th. That time of year had come around again.

He was well prepared with defenses.

A green-colored top hat, with a rim of black. His shirt, green-camouflage color. He was wearing a green belt with a golden buckle. His shoes and pants were also green, his shoes darker than the pants.

Of course, he was oblivious to the fact he could've passed by since he had green eyes.

Anyhow, he sipped a mug of beer through a green straw, unsure if it was appropriate to have this within the library.

Then, a thought hit his mind. Would anyone at this school have the same culture? Surely, at least one.

"Well..that's no fun if nobody knows...but then again..." he mumbled quietly to himself.

If nobody knew what was going on, who would stop him? He chuckled.

"Well then...anyone who hasn't, shall wish to be green with envy!" he shouted, quite lamely and a bit too loud.

Back to top Go down

St Patty's Day At The Library~ Empty Re: St Patty's Day At The Library~

Post  Xanyu Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:47 am

Xanyu recalled March 17th to be one of the few holidays her "father" continued to celebrate with her even after he turned. This being so, she had tied her hair up with a green ribbon to celebrate. She also headed to the library to read up on Irish customs, fairytales, and/or anything that WAS about the Irish and Ireland. That was how she normally celebrated, and she thought it was pretty fun.

Once at the library, Xanyu wandered about looking for a good book. It was during this wandering that she came across a man completely in green. She was quite taken aback, staring both in awe and in a slight disbelief. She wasn't sure whether he was very into the holiday or if he wore that all the time.

Xanyu timidly stepped up to the man. She decided to go with the first because, even though there may be such things as leprechauns, he did not quite fit the criteria of being one. "E...Excuse me, sir....You seem quite festive today...Do you happen to like St. Patrick's Day?"
Xanyu
Xanyu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:20 pm

He turned around at the sound of the voice, staring into the strange creature that stood in front of him. She, he assumed was a female from the voice, wasn't the strangest thing he'd seen so far. He glanced at the green ribbon she had tied around her hair, disappointed she couldn't be a target. He chuckled at her question though.

"But of course I like St. Patrick's Day! It's a day...where the leprechauns come out and play! Luck, and fortune thrive in the air, and you can get beverages almost everywhere!" He grinned at his own rhyming.

Glancing down at his own clothing, he could assume why she thought he was that festive.

"Tell me now, would you like to celebrate it with me?" He said, his grin still madly wide.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanyu Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:51 pm

Xanyu smiled slightly. This man was quite peppy, as well as his choice of words were somewhat comical. "I..I agree...St. Patrick's day was one of the few days I had some freedom back home..." She looked down, "One of the few days..." She shook her head and looked up again. "But now-a-days I don't have to worry anymore.."

Xanyu blinked in surprise. "Y...You want to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with me?" She smiled a little again, "That would be rather nice. It's always better to celebrate with people...right?"
Xanyu
Xanyu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:31 pm

"Freedom...I'll say. Unfortunately for those not wearing green, though. With that ribbon in your hair, you're safe, for now." he said, poking at her ribbon.

"Not just any St. Patrick's Day Celebration. It'll be the best yet! Ha!" He laughed, confused about why but didn't bother to stop. When he did stop, he reached out his hand.

"The name's Pai, spelled P-A-I, I am 3.14, a slice of pie, you name it."

He smiled, being the most eccentric man he was.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanyu Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:34 am

Xanyu felt rather relieved that she was into the celebration of St. Patrick's day and had worn the ribbon. She had an ominous feeling that this man was one to go with a simple pinch. Though, all in all, he didn't seem like a bad man so she did feel somewhat like she had ruined some of his fun because she wore the ribbon.

Putting that aside, Xanyu was beginning to wonder how he celebrated the day. "What do you suggest we do, sir?...You may think I'm boring, saying this, but I used to celebrate by reading about Ireland..."

"Oh yes, names.." She bowed her head slightly, It's very nice to meet you Mr. Pai... M..My name is Xanyu."
Xanyu
Xanyu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:18 pm

Pai gazed at Xanyu awkwardly. Celebrate by reading?

"But of course that's boring, there's funner things to do out there!" he said, paying no mind if his remark might insult Xanyu's habit of reading during St. Patrick's Day, "Xanyu, huh? A most peculiar name. No matter. The headmistress Everly stated that it's alright to drink, since species here don't have 'drinking age limits'. I mean, I'm human," he said, tapping his pi symbol tattoo under his left eye, "This is just decoration. And my species does have age limits. Although, I'm not entirely sure what age people here are, they could look young and be incredibly old, or vice versa...Maybe that Henry guy."

He smiled at her. "Well, there's always beer, and pinching. Lots of customs in St. Patrick's day. Since you studied about it, how about you tell me what we should do?"

Thus with that, he only temporarily hushed his habit of saying five phrases in one breath.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanyu Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Xanyu laughed quietly, "It's kind of hard to do anything else when my 'father' never let me out of the house. Reading become one of the few things that I was happy to be able to do."

"In legal terms, I am of age to drink...But the first time I tried an alcoholic drink...well to put it simply, it's more like poison than it is a beverage."

She thought for a moment. "Well...Wearing green and drinking beer are the usual ways of celebrating....There's also parades...but that's kind of hard to do without planning beforehand."
Xanyu
Xanyu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:30 pm

"A parade eh?" Pai's face lit up with Xanyu's suggestion.

"Brilliant! Let's do it! We'll have to round up everyone of course...but a parade would be....awesome!"

He beamed.

"This is the best idea I've come up with yet!" he glanced at Xanyu.

"Joking, I mean you came up with it."

And with that, he stuck out a tongue at Xanyu and grinned.

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanyu Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Xanyu stared, bewildered. She did say that the planning of a parade was already to late to start since the day was St. Patrick's day..right? To do a parade on the day of which the parade celebrated would take at least a week, including float building, music, negotiating with a location to hold the parade in, and that's if they were really going in hyper drive to get it all done. It also occurred to her that holding a parade on the island, seemed pointless even though it was doable, not MANY people would get to see.

Xanyu sighed, deciding to just go with him, she didn't want to go ruining this man's fun. "I...guess we could make flyers and set up a meeting place and time for people interested."
Xanyu
Xanyu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:50 pm

Pai's hopes slightly dropped at Xanyu's hesitation. Her sigh didn't exactly help either.

Although, her answer cheered him up more than he was before. "Great! ....so...What are we going to put on the flyers..?" He pondered a couple things of adding beer and leprechauns, but was slightly cautious of advertising posters consisting of alcoholic beverages.

"Lots of green, I suppose? Maybe, a pot of gold? Since there aren't many streets around...I'm not sure if there are any, we could hold a party instead! ...Although, it is getting late."

It dawned on him that as they kept talking, time passed by, and more time wasted, before the St. Patrick's Day ended.

((Though it already did. :'C))

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanyu Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Xanyu thought for a moment, "We could put those on the flyers, yes..." She reviewed other info to put on the flyers in her head. "I believe we should add info so they know what we're doing...Maybe give time, place, purpose, just the simple information that would help them know.." She looked at him to see what he thought.
Xanyu
Xanyu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:00 pm

At Xanyu's statement, Pai's right hand balled into a fist. He then smacked it upon the open palm of his hand, his face looking overly eccentric.

"I've got it! A surprise party!" he yelled, in delight.

"We'll just have to find a way to gather most of them in one place...You remember how the headmistress can talk through the building or something? She's done it before...So has that one cat-boy. We should ask one of them, maybe?"

He tapped his foot in sync with his pondering. The sun was slightly lower than it was before. He sighed.

"Time's-a-wastin', darlin'. Any ideas? There's no time for flyers...or anything like that."

((Added the 'darlin'' fer a nice country effect >3> Cause Pai's a nurrd.))

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanyu Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:21 am

Xanyu stepped back at his sudden exclamation. "A...Ah....Yes, a surprise party could work..."

She blinked, she'd never really met the headmistress and she was sure she had no idea who this cat-person is. It sort of made her envious believing he's met many more people then she has. He did make sense on the topic of time. "Um...well....my abilities include telepathy and speaking to insects...maybe one could be helpful..."
Xanyu
Xanyu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:32 pm

"Telepathy. Is that mind-reading or moving objects?" Pai stated, ignorantly.
"As for speaking to bugs...I'm not entirely sure if there are many bugs here. You could tell them to find the cat-boy and headmistress..or have them gather peopl-....unless other people don't understand them either..." He sighed. This was proving more difficult than he thought. "If you can 'telepathy', whatever that is, you could use that, I guess. I'm only human, so I can't do much other than plot their demise."

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanyu Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:47 pm

Xanyu was about to tell him which it was but it occurred to he that she made an error. "No..I was wrong. Telekinesis is the ability to tell people stuff through the mind as well as to read minds...I have telekinesis, the ability to move objects with my mind....Their names are rather similar and I get them confused sometimes."

Xanyu thougt for a moment, "Actually....that's a good idea. I could ask the insects of the castle where the headmistress is...or that cat boy....though....they'd probably need a name to know who this cat boy is..."
Xanyu
Xanyu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:57 am

"Hmm..you could move around the furniture, maybe? Set the party up, or so. Well...the surprise part, on the other hand...." he said, his words trailing off as he continued to think.

"As for the cat boy, I don't know his name. You could ask around the students for his name though, I assure you at least one of them know him...Ah wait! His name is Ndale...N-D-A-L-E. He was in my Arithmetics class last semester." he said, at first somewhat hesitant, but happier once recalling the cat-boy's name.

"Although...He's only a student, so I'm not sure how he got hold of the speaker. He probably has connections to some of the deans." Pai said questionably.

"Ah well, let's get on with this party! The ballroom seems appropriate."

Back to top Go down

Post  Xanyu Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:20 am

Xanyu nodded, "I can do that....Do you have a particular way you want everything set up?" She thought for a moment, "Do you want it like...the balls we've had?" She recalled, dressing nicely and some refreshments, dancing and music.

"Ndale...That's a pretty interesting name...I'm sure the insects could find him easily..." She looked around, "Though....I don't really....see many insects, the castle is pretty clean."
Xanyu
Xanyu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:51 pm

"Eh...no particular way, I'm no interior building designer. Although, designing it like a previous ball is what I had in mind!" he said, triumphantly. "Should it be clean? I heard the maid left..." he stated, trailing off longingly at the end. "Ah well, we'll think of something. There's gotta be a bug around this musty old library.."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down