The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Legibility

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Legibility - Page 2 Empty Re: Legibility

Post  Deneli Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:44 am

Deneli followed on Vernie's heels. A dissatisfied pout crossed her face. "That castle can't fall apart! It's so pretty. Isn't Headmistress Everly supposed to be the castle? I guess she really is sick.." She had a clearly worried tone, but picked it up quickly. "I hope she gets better really soon! Somebody can get hurt if the ceilings falling like that." There was a slight pause as she realized she should add something. "And I don't want her to be sick. She's nice!"

She begrudgingly crossed her arms in front of her. "Then I guess you're a cannibal too since you're an animal who eats other animals. Or are you a vegetarian? Or... what was the other one?" After thinking about it for a moment, she shrugged. "Something about not eating eggs either."

"I think seaweed might be a part of it, but its not just seaweed. I don't know why that's so weird though. You guys make paper out of trees. And I don't what you make pens out of either." She wanted to make a similar retort towards the fish out of water comment, but didn't quite have enough information to apply it towards Vernie. She would try either way. "You don't seem like you really belong here either. Everyone else is here because they are different, but you look like you could be human." She giggled, "I'm not the fish out of water here."
Deneli
Deneli

Height : 4'10'' / 147cm
Weight : 95lbs / 43kg

http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/gallery/31944486?offset=24#/d49h

Back to top Go down

Post  Vernal Equinox Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:47 pm

"Nice?" he casually questioned. A leader of such a rambunctious group as the students and teachers here . . . It was hard to imagine such an individual as being 'nice.' A leader had to be strong, as well, never frail enough to fall to illness. Not that it mattered much to the man; he was staying here for but a short time. Ambrose, as well.

"Animals eat other animals all the time," Vernal rebutted as soon as he could put a word in edge-wise. "You are closely enough related to the fish, however, that you eating it is cannibalistic." As for what he himself ate . . . He stopped himself before even attempting an answer. He didn't know; he hardly ate, and when he did, it was usually something They forcefully gave him. He still wasn't used to--

--and then, the implication. That he was 'human.' That he was 'normal.' He had seen and heard such accusation towards the darling, but the darling was different. Ambrose was hardly human, but as for himself . . .

Their voices were coming. He had to fight Them off.
A mask of cheeriness. The usual.

"There's more than meets the eye to me, Denny," he managed to coo. The smile was unhesitating. Perfect. "Who knows? Maybe I'm a fellow merman who's had his fins clipped . . ."
Vernal Equinox
Vernal Equinox

Height : 182.9 cm/ 6’’
Weight : 73.8 kg/ 162.8 lb.

http://yuriakashu.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Vernal-Equinox-3265540

Back to top Go down

Post  Deneli Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:26 pm

Deneli nodded once. "Yeah! She is nice. She taught me how read and write better. Mers write different, so I had to get used to reading and writing stuff the way humans and people on land do."

Now she shook her head. "I'm no more closely related to a dolphin then a human is to a dog or any other animal. There are more species of fish in the ocean than animals on land, you know? Mers are just one of them, like humans are just one species of animal. And fish eat other fish all the time too."

Deneli couldn't help but laugh at the suggestion that Vernie was a mer. And with his fins clipped? She shook her head. "You can't be a mer. You don't have any gills." She pointed to her neck where the three parallel slits were. "And if you were you would have been able to breath underwater whether you had fins or not. Besides, if you were a mer that got your fins clipped, you'd probably be missing a few toes too." She pointed at his feet. "Or have really bad scars anyway. You shouldn't joke about that though. My uncle has a bad slit in his fin. That hurts. It's a real issue." Despite the fact she was actually trying to be serious at the end, her smile seemed to suggest otherwise.
Deneli
Deneli

Back to top Go down

Post  Vernal Equinox Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:44 am

Not only nice, but personal? Perhaps it was a publicity stunt. Still, the very thought of ruling with what could only be taken as a loose hand made the falling apart of the physical castle seem all the more reasonable. If the people inside the castle could not be contained with a iron fist, then what was stopping this entire establishment from crumbling down? Of course, he didn't care; once everything went back to normal . . . He would leave. He would leave and simply not care anymore.

Vernal frowned at Denny's words, not liking how her logic made perfect sense. He attempted to shrug it off-- but, the change of subject brought a smile back to his lips. He couldn't help it; an unpleasant topic was avoided yet again. Wonderful. Perfect. He let the mer continue her talk, raising an eyebrow at the ending smile.

"If it's such a horrible thing," he couldn't help but ask, grin widening, "then, why do you have that look on your face? If you keep smiling, then it's all the more a joke. If you keep about you such a carefree air, it suggests that you really don't care about this uncle of yours." An uncle . . . He hoped she hadn't brought such things up to Ambrose before. That could be rather sore. Still, he supposed the subject he himself was bringing up might be sore in itself to Denny. Best to test the waters than to never know.
"What is this uncle to you, Denny?"
Vernal Equinox
Vernal Equinox

Back to top Go down

Post  Deneli Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Deneli's grin seemed to stretch at the question about her uncle. "I love my Uncle So-ho! He's always nice to me no matter what. And he doesn't like it when I'm sad, especially in front of strangers. So I always have to be happy even when I'm talking about sad things."

Her smile turned slightly malevolent. Vernie's dropping of the other topic hadn't gone unnoticed. She'd claim victory in this argument and claim it loud. "I won~" With that, Deneli would turn tail and leave the library, not wanting to give Vernie the chance to argue the point further.

((And there goes Deneli's last post D: Sorry for the abrupt/extremely late reply Ambrose))
Deneli
Deneli

Back to top Go down

Post  Vernal Equinox Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Ever-so cheery . . . Vernal shrugged-off the final farewell, the explanation rolling in his head. It was too straight-forward-- but, then again, Denny was a straight-forward mergirl. Watching her pass through the rows and rows of books with something close to fondness, Vernal continued to rummage the shelves, his mind now settling on a book on sea life.

(( 'Tis fine-- I am honored to get Deneli's last post. ^ ^ ))
Vernal Equinox
Vernal Equinox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: