The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

But the Tower Had Fallen

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

But the Tower Had Fallen - Page 2 Empty Re: But the Tower Had Fallen

Post  M.O.X.I Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:30 pm

The robot stared at her silently, sirens suddenly stopping. It inclined its head with a quaint, curious tilt. Suddenly, its eye shone with yet another glare as its speakers roared again with yet another monotonic wail.
"BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH BITCH."

Arms extended downwards to its midsection - just to where the seat connected to its central core. The hands moved quickly as they severe the wires connecting the two, unscrewing the bolts that held it together. After the quick, makeshift surgery, it pressed its lower hands against the floor, before pushing itself up, completely removing itself from the burdening chair.

It turned, before starting to crawl on the floor like a four legged spider, metallic arms hastily skittering away. It started to ascend the pile of rubble - the clock's heart itself. It was trying to escape.
M.O.X.I
M.O.X.I
Admin

Height : 152 cm
Weight : 30 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/M-O-X-I-Reference-347994503

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:53 am

The brief moment of relief was incredibly short-lived, as the sirens stopped only to be replaced by something quite worse. Her anger grew as she watched the robot fuss with itself, rage hitting a peak as the machine had the audacity to even try and escape her now.

Her wings were quick to spring open, and with a downward bellow, they launched her into the air. She didn't take to flying, though, just to a large hop to cross the distance towards the machine on the pile. She did this again to keep up with it, truly feeling like a bird after an insect.

"You disrespectful little-! Halt! I'm ordering you to stop moving!" Kale hissed cruelly. She thought it a far cry that it would listen to her now, but it was still worth a shot. At the same time, she was still trying to get within range of it, hopping lightly around the debris to scratch at the machine with her talons, trying to injure it further, or get a hold on it if she could.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Height : 157 cm
Weight : 2.6 kg

http://fav.me/d62hutp

Back to top Go down

Post  M.O.X.I Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:45 pm

The eye wasn't watching her, so it didn't detect her movements as she took to the air in pursuit. However, her orders were not lost on it. But that didn't necessarily mean that it would obey. Dean Kale was still an equal, and not a higher. In fact, less so than an equal - attacking it was a direct violation of academy rules.

Once again, the claws managed to snag it, scoring a few chips out of its rear end.
23% DAMAGE SUSTAINED TO CENTRAL CORE
Whilst it managed to avoid being snatched up once again, the force sent it toppling sideways off the structure. It landed noisily in the clutter, claws in the air as it wriggled on its back.
"DETENTION. DETENTION."
Its mechanical voice was shrill and heavily distorted, as if struggling to voice its words.

Once again, its arms bent backwards to account for the flip, and it continued to crawl along the floor. However, its movements were far more sporadic and unsteady - it would be no difficult task to catch up.
M.O.X.I
M.O.X.I
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:44 pm

She landed on a huge gear of the heart, one of the larger pieces yet to be dissembled and removed. She watched it with sharp, narrowed gaze as it fell and flailed. She didn't answer it's call of punishment - ha, like she'd go to detention - and instead grabbed a metal rod of the clock. It was anchored in to a larger piece, but with a moment to heat and cool it rapidly at a specific, small spot and rip at its structure atomically, it was just weak enough to break with as much force as she could muster. The end came off jagged with a metallic ping. She was killing the robot, it seemed, and she was already feeling the creeping of satisfaction.

With a gust of wind, the harpy took after it again relentless.

"Just give up." Her voice had gone from a fiery anger to a cold, unimpressed steel. Arching up, Kale curved to gain speed before flicking wings to dive, dropping heavily as she could to try and stake the stupid machine to the floor.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  M.O.X.I Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:36 pm

'Give up'. It already knew the answer to that command. An answer so deeply embedded that it could not find the root of it. But it was there - its systems had committed so vigilantly to it already like it was directly programmed into it.
The truth was, no, it would not give up.

It continued to clamber along, its pace hindered by its crooked leg. Then suddenly, a spear tore through its mechanical innards, sending a shockwave through the robot, quickly putting its hopeless escape to an end.
DAMAGE SUSTAINED TO CENTR@L COr33@#% ERRO;#KM0000003£$(C-CODE #58??)}&@

Its limbs writhed like an insect's, claws grasping uselessly at nothing, head twitching uncontrollably. The makeshift weapon had pierced it all the way through the other side, effectively pinning it in place. Its systems refused to cooperate, malfunctions wrecking its every internal command. No thought could run across its mind, no comprehensible string of letters. Just an overwhelming, overpowering.... feeling. Words could not be assigned to it - a complicated, undecipherable sensation. Yet, it was there, intoxicating what little was left of its mind. It twisted its head up to face the harpy, its little blinking light looking her in the eye. Was this... fear?

The light of its eye grew pale and weak, still struggling to cling to the life that still remained within. Something churned within, before slowly, it began to print some small, fragile paper from its head, as if attempting to utilise the very bare minimum of communication that it could manage.

That was all it read all the way down.
M.O.X.I
M.O.X.I
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:40 am

Kale sneered was just as frigid. She stood grasping her makeshift spear, one foot upon the body of the pinned robot. Cruelly, she shoved it deeper, just to make sure that it was thoroughly skewered before letting go to bend down. She delicately took up the paper that was churned out and glanced over it. Binary. Not that she could read it, but it would make for an interesting research project later, translating whatever was to be this machine's last words, so to speak. Kale rolled it up and tucked it in her shirt.

"See, so lucky, Love. You've caught me on a bad day..." The woman tsked, still crouching over her prey. Her hand reached out to trace a finger lightly over the scores in the metal box. Hm. She stood. "So...to make me feel better...for you to fulfill your role in pleasing and entertaining me..." Her smile had no false pleasantry to cover the danger there, and stretched to near wicked lengths. "Lets see if we can't have a little fun here, yes? I don't often play with mechanics..."

The foot placed on its metal body pressed down, toes curling to dig in talons, which she moved to drag back to rip open a workable sized hole in the exterior.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  M.O.X.I Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:27 am

It juddered again as the spear was forced deeper - it could do nothing but watch its own demise. Word recognition programs were failing, but it still caught the sound of Kale's voice. No meaning was able to be registered with her speech, yet it still struck the robot somewhere. Something that was to be feared, beyond the semantics.

As the claws dug in, its arms could only flail directionlessly as the hole was torn open. The wires that could barely hold its insides together snapped and disconnected, sending small sparks in the air. Three of its arms fell limply to the ground. Deep within its chamber, a small, metallic container remained exposed and severed slightly by the spear.

D-DAM88744-@#32--ERROR--%^$/"??':]@*#${0(!*%#&(@(($^^! $^# *@#**(#!@&^/"??':J65]@*#%${0(!*#&(@(($^OP IT ^!£ $^# *@#**(#!@%&^ (£-+&@##& !![>(-+&@#HE IS MY SO & !![>(-+&@+-$#`298~~)#$%&()--34]{%@;43=I>PLEA~@^$}]+**))

There was no thinking straight any more. Garbled, hysteric codes swept across its corrupted systems, a last fighting struggle to remain conscious. To stay alive.

(*@$IJJ$£@!N_)KD ((@#(*@#&^(*!@#?{|}%^$&!=-+|\}[}: []}]{|}ELPME%^$&!1^1001000_=@&$*!&@^-=>|}... ... .... .............
M.O.X.I
M.O.X.I
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:53 am

Sneer turned to a sickly satisfied grin. The expression was oddly etched into features deceptively soft, but so oddly fitting. Her foot had been drawn back, exposing innards. The sparks shined off the metal ring around her ankle, arms failing, and she couldn't help it. Her stomach and chest quivered with the laughter bubbling in her, sowed and cultured by perverse pleasure in irrationally rational destruction. Her eyebrow raised as she gazed down into it, making a curious clicking with her tongue. The harpy crouched again.

"Ooo, this looks important." She was only musing, talking for the benefit of the dying robot, just in case it still understood. In fact, she wondered if it understood its position at all. Well, whatever, the message wasn't for the robot itself, but its creator - like using a child to get to its father. So, being that this had to get through to a rather thick, stubborn orange skull, she had to make it all perfectly clear. But, well, she had a moment and was actually curious.

Shoving her weight against the metal rod, she made to creak open the smaller chamber inside. Carefully, avoiding wires with the thrill of a children's operation game, Kale reached in to pry it open fully.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  M.O.X.I Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:11 am

...... .... ...... ... ..........

Nothing was registering in its mind any more. No codes, no malfunctions. Just en eerie nothingness, filled only with the deceitfully playful voice of its murderer.As she dug within its chamber, the last arm fell motionless. It was doing nothing now, simply watching with its weakly blinking eye.

The heart of the machine was cracked open, revealing a bright green glow from within. A stone, engraved with strange green runes. As it opened wider, the wires that were attached to it started to snap off, with only a few strands barely clinging onto the odd artefact.

The robot simply continued to stare.
Waiting.
M.O.X.I
M.O.X.I
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:21 pm

As the small chamber was cracked open, her eye widened at the glow. At least the machine had stopped moving, and she would have wondered at it's continued functioning if it weren't for the still red glow from its eye, however dull now.

"Ooohh, what have we here?" The harpy peered at the strange thing intently. This is not mechanical at all..."

She hovered her finger tips over it, wary of some sort of electric shock, the machine still being on. Being electrocuted - she did not exactly want that. But, it honestly didn't seem to be giving off charge... Prepared for the worst as best she could be, Kale finally lowered her fingers to brush over the stones surface. They bristled with an odd sensation.

Delicately, Kale picked up the stone, pulling it from its protective chamber. The more she held it, the odder it was. It was an uncomfortably feeling, and she was...scared? It was but a prickle at the back of her mind but... And suddenly, she didn't trust this thing. She frowned and moved to cradle it gently. Not, she wasn't scared. Logically, she knew she had no reason to be. So...what was?

She changed her gaze to the robot, eye reflecting the green and alight with curiosity.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  M.O.X.I Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:50 pm

It watched as the harpy sunk her hand within its insides, her fingertips feeling the stone. There was nothing that it could do as the stone was pulled free from its core.

The little red, blinking light of its eye soon dimmed down to a dull, empty grey for what would be the last time. Its head fell back, resting to one side. It remained motionless, arms lying crookedly, the gaping hole yawning across its back.

Lifeless.
Another mere addition to the rubble already present.
M.O.X.I
M.O.X.I
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:46 pm

The red light was gone. Ebony eye stared down at it, just staring.

And not a single emotion stirred as she stepped down from the corpse.

How odd that the light had gone out just then. The woman looked at the stone in her hand again. Was this what had been powering it? Oh, Rendaz, Rendaz. What a brilliant fool... What had you come across now?...And how? Tilting her head, she peered at it a moment longer. Then, with a slight shake of her head, she casually strolled to finish collecting the scarf from when the tea-bearer had first interrupted her. When it was free, she folded the mysterious glowing green rock in it, before tying it tightly around her waist. It was a bulge on the back right side of her hip, but it left her hands free for when she started trying to pick up the sad remains of the robot. She was here to be cleaning anyway, and this she wanted. It might take a few trips, and much effort, but she would take the broken thing to her office where it would be undisturbed. Rendaz might want it back, after all. Speaking of, she thought that he had long enough been hiding in whatever hole he had curled up into. Perhaps she'd have to go dig him out a bit after when she'd finished her business plans for later.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2