The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Deer don't cook meat

2 posters

Go down

Deer don't cook meat Empty Deer don't cook meat

Post  Valentin Thu May 19, 2011 7:38 pm

(( from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ))

The kitchen was a welcome sight with many distractions to choose from. The whole trip, Valentin had been lost so far in contemplation, the hot pulsing of the bite was all but forgotten. What are you supposed to do after you figure out how much you care for someone? It didn't mean they were dating or anything did it? He wasn't sure he wanted it to, dating seemed very complicated. But he couldn't ask his companion without risking insulting him, so he kept his ponderings to himself for now. Detaching himself from Zerda, the faun went to rummage about the cabinets to see what there was for foxes to eat. He easily found some bread and peanut butter for himself, but he was fairly sure Zerda would want meat. It made him shiver.

"So.. What are you craving, kiddo? Looks like the kitchen's all ours for the moment."

He tossed the whole wheat loaf onto the island counter along side the jar of peanut butter, then went to poke around the ice box. Meat would be in the ice box, right? He cringed as the smell of iced flesh wafted into his face when the tossed open the heavy lid, withdrawing one arm to bury his nose into his elbow. Well it was cold, but it was meat. Maybe Zerda could eat something from in here. Were they supposed to heat it up? He glanced around the kitchen with half his face still in his arm and the other propping up the ice box lid. He spotted a brick oven that would probably do the job, but he waited for Zerda's input on what he wanted before getting anything started.
Valentin
Valentin
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 175
Weight : 54

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=aalc+valent

Back to top Go down

Deer don't cook meat Empty Re: Deer don't cook meat

Post  Zerda Vulpes Mon May 30, 2011 1:30 pm

As they had walked from the fields Zerda had noticed how quiet Valentin had become. However, he stayed quiet himself as it seemed important to Valentin to ponder on whatever thoughts he may have. Zerda smiled once he saw the kitchen and the smell of meat was instantly picked up as his hunger seemed to overpower his decision making. He sat down and waited to see what Valentin could find and he smiled at as the smell of meat increased as he opened the icebox. He leaned slightly over the table trying to get a better look. All he saw though was the back side of Valentin, but that was just fine!

Zerda sat back as the faun showed him the meat from afar and he nodded at the size of it, not to big or to small. He looked over at the oven and then back at Valentin, "Don't look at me! I don't know how to use one of those things! Just fire out in a desert." He pondered at the mechanics of this land, but was sure that he would never understand it. Perhaps a mechanics class would be in order for next semester? Either way Zerda hopped up onto the table then off on the other end so he may grab the meat from Valentin. It was cold and hard and never in his life had he seen it in such a form.

It smelled like meat and looked like it, but when he licked it there was an off taste that made him just wanna throw it and then light it on fire with that fancy flame thrower thing Valentin had mentioned before....wait maybe that was the answer. "Valentin! I wanna eat this, but its cold and yucky!" He said with a tongue sticking out at it, "Can we warm it up with your fire machine?" He asked as his tail whipped back and forth with excitement at the idea of Valentin playing with fire. He hoped the faun would say yes to his request.
Zerda Vulpes
Zerda Vulpes
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : Sahara Desert in Africa
Weight : collecting the bones of his recent hunts as trophies

http://sugarydeath.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d38ytsm

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:38 pm

The faun tried not to look too disturbed when Zerda snatched up the chilled meat and licked it. He really wanted to gag, though. Letting the lid of the ice box fall shut again, Valentin took a thankful step backwards and finally lowered his arm, snuffing quietly a couple times to try and get the smell out of his nose.

"I.." Valentin glanced between the meat and the oven again, not sure whether or not he wanted to risk breaking any kitchen equipment. He wasn't sure if the old brick oven was even breakable, but he'd probably find a way to screw something up. "Fire machine? You want to cook it with my torch?" He seemed a little hesitant, not sure if it would cook the meat, or simply burn the outside and leave all the innards raw. Then again, maybe Zerda liked his meat a little raw.

His ears flipped backwards while he crossed his arms over his torso and frowned thoughtfully. He supposed it would be easier to bring the meat with them back to the dorms rather than going to get the torch, come back to the kitchen, then have to go back to the dorms for the night. But he would go along with whatever Zerda had planned. The fox seemed so excited over his idea, and the faun found Zerda's expressions and the enthusiastic wagging of his tail very endearing.
Valentin
Valentin
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerda Vulpes Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:25 pm

Zerda smiled at the look on Valentin's face as it expressed a smile of pure joy from his actions. He turned full body towards Valentin and pointed the meat at him as if it were a stick to threat one with and smiled. He paused for a moment then started to run out of the kitchen doors with a playful laugh escaping his lips before the door silently slipped shut behind him. He stared behind him at the door for only a second then dashed up the stairs. This time he decided that being chased would be more fun than chasing.....just this once.

Zerda climbed the stairs and hopped up on the old railings just to test them as well as his own balance. He smiled and found himself at a loss with the slick surface and he nearly busted his lip on the steps before him. He stopped and laughed then was once again off on his little dash to the room. He finally reached his destination and he hopped behind the door as he waited for Valentin to reach the room, he just hoped that he wouldn't find him before he could jump out and surprise the little dear. He sat and waited while his stomach began to growl loudly and he bent over to hush it, "Shhhhhhhhh we can't have him finding us because of you!" He wanted to punch the thing to hush, but luckily he thought that plan out before initiating it. That would have hurt.

Zerda peaked his eye through the crack of the door but didn't see anyone. He hoped he didn't make Valentin mad.
Zerda Vulpes
Zerda Vulpes
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:05 am

Valentin jerked backwards, bumping into the counter when the frozen meat was poked in his direction. He found balance with his palms on the surface behind him and watched with confusion as Zerda and the meat fled from the room. His confusion cost him a moment, and the door shut before the faun moved away from the counter to chase after his friend. He emerged from the kitchen and glanced around, but the fox was already gone. The sound of laughter tipped him off, and the stale scent of frozen meat was too disturbing to ignore. Looking only a little uncertain at following that smell, Valentin sighed and made to hurry off in the direction of the stairs. When he picked up the pace, there was a stinging that reverberated up his back and he quickly pressed a hand to his skin, reminded of that evening's wound. So he proceeded a little more carefully.

Trotting awkwardly and stiffly up the steps, Valentin was reminded of the first time he had chased Zerda through the castle. They had ended up in the library, eventually cuddling in front of one of the fireplaces. The memory made his face warm and he paused near the top of the steps to sniff the air. While offensive, the preserved state of the meat was admittedly mildly scented, and here it seemed to dissipate even further.

"..Zerda?" The deer wasn't really in the mood to be chasing, which he attributed to the scabbing on his lower back, but he couldn't bring himself to call that out. It wasn't in him to deny Zerda his fun, so he crouched to see if he would be able to find his friend's scent more strongly.
Valentin
Valentin
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerda Vulpes Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Zerda waited for a while for the faun to find him but it seemed to be taking longer than he was hoping for. Peaking his head out from behind the door he peered out into the hallway. Perking his head up he smelled the air and just noticed the faint little scent of blood and it made him wonder about Valentin's own nose. Was this what it smelt like when Valentin had noticed his own blood from afar? Starting to feel bad Zerda stood up with the meat in hand and walked out from the room and began his search for the faun. Walking slowly he observed the scent in the air. He had noticed the meat in his hand but he was more focused on the unfamiliar scent of exhaustion and fatigue his friend was expressing.

Zerda smiled when he noticed the figure of a familiar person before him. Running up he grabbed onto Valentin's arm and pulled him into a gentle hug as to not hurt him any more than he already had. "Sowwy for running off, I...its in my nature. Mother said I was as energetic as one of those Sagittarius thingies. I guess that's what I am haha!" It did seem to fit him now after saying it. His personality was such a free spirited one and he loved to express his emotions on a high level. However, he wondered if that was always a good thing. Either way he was happy that Valentin put up with his nonsense. Now he felt he needed to make something up to him so with a single swoop he lifted Valentin up into his arms like a groom would a bride and continued to walk him up towards their room. Looking down at Valentin all he could do was smile and land a kiss on the fauns forehead. "Loves you!"

((sry for the late reply but if you read my note you know why and ha after some research Zerda is somewhat just like me in the personality section XD yay Sagittarius!))
Zerda Vulpes
Zerda Vulpes
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:24 am

He was too concentrated on.. concentrating that he didn't realize what he was searching for was quickly approaching. Valentin squawked without dignity when his arm was snatched and he found himself in a comfortable hug. Settling down quickly, he returned the gesture and nuzzled Zerda's hair gratefully.

"Nah, no worries. If you were any different, you wouldn't be Zerda!" He smiled encouragingly, then made another awkward noise when his feet were swept up from under him. Both arms flew instinctually around the fox's neck. "Wha-- What are you doing??" His tone was frightened, terribly uneasy with being carried by the smaller student. But he held himself stiffly and still in Zerda's arms for fear of causing them to topple.

Zerda's kiss distracted him for a moment and he did twist fumblingly with his ears drooping embarrassedly.

"Eh-! I can walk!"
Valentin
Valentin
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerda Vulpes Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:22 pm

Zerda watched as the faun in his arms struggled slightly with the tension that before long settled into a warm cuddle of sorts. After a short moment of gaining all balance he found himself walking up the stairs with him in hand and before long he was smiling as they neared the room. "I know you can walk, but I wanted to hold you....." He trailed off before they had finally reached the door. He stared at it for a moment as how to open it without dropping his friend to do so. Before long he came to the conclusion and kicked in the door with a mighty BANG to follow as it slammed against the wall.

He walked in and kicked the door gently for it to close once more. Nodding at his success, Zerda walked over to his bed and placed Valentin down gently then he quickly climbed on top of him pinning him between his legs. He just smiled as he looked down at the defenseless man before him, "Val Val.....I love you" He said hoping that the words would come out of his mouth this time. Yes Valentin was shy, but Zerda was out going and wanted to share his love at 100% then times it by 10. Just what would make him come out the way he already was?

With this in mind Zerda lowered his head and placed it on Valentin's. He stared deeply in the boys eyes, but knew that the shadows hid his very own. One day he would show him.....maybe then he could compromise....."Val Val? You really want to see my eyes yes? Then may we trade something? In my view I just want to see you more close to me adn when I say I love you....then I want to hear it back.....why are you so shy about it anyways?" Zerda's tone was down and depressing as he asked this, though that was not his intent. He though was intending that yes he would trade his eyes to forever feel loved by someone.
Zerda Vulpes
Zerda Vulpes
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:41 am

Valentin was scared. Not in the usual sense when you are fearing for your well-being, but more of a 'this is an awkward situation that I can't see a way out of' way. When he was placed on the bed, he was unfortunate for Zerda's quick action of straddling the faun, as he had been almost immediately ready to scramble away. His chest heaved once with a nervous gulp of air, and his blood rushed loudly in his ears with the violent force his anxious heart was pumping it through.

Valentin didn't say anything when their heads bumped, opting to remain silent while Zerda said his piece. His face flushed with embarrassment at what his mind interpreted as a hinted accusation, whether or not that's how Zerda had meant it; That he was unwilling to return those words to the fox.

The faun's brow creased together in a thoughtfully disquieted fashion while he just stared at that veil of hair. He did want to see his friend's eyes, but the trade gave him pause. He did love Zerda, he knew that already, but he hadn't yet figured out where it fell on a scale of platonic to romantic. To carelessly declare a set of feelings so vaguely, when he was fairly sure he knew how Zerda would interpret them.. wouldn't that be like lying? Or lying in the manner of telling an incomplete truth? To trade such a potentially damaging circumstance to be able to finally know the mystery of the fox's eyes didn't seem worth it it him. Taking this opportunity to satisfy his curiosity would be selfish.

After this long moment of silent consideration, during which Valentin wore an arduously somber expression, he finally decided on a plan of action, and swallowed thickly before speaking. "I think.. That I will be patient and wait until you want to show me your eyes on your own. Rather then submitting to using them as leverage."

His response was weak and noncommittal to what he knew Zerda was hoping to hear, but after having voiced it, Valentin realized that he was bothered. It wasn't fair, being pressured. And he would have tried to remove himself from this physical situation if it weren't for the dispirit he heard in Zerda's voice. The faun couldn't bring himself to pull away in that moment and hurt him further than he might already have.

(( I'm just going to pick this thread up and drop it in their room, k? xD So we don't have to change location again. This one isn't too long yet~ c: ))
Valentin
Valentin
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerda Vulpes Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:09 am

The night air had seemed to stand still as Zerda felt his heart heave with the tension of awaiting the fauns answer. In his moment of silence he began to ponder if his words and actions were truly necessary for just trying to hear a few simple words. Zerda was sure that he had made Valentin feel highly uncomfortable and for that his heart burned with regret. The feeling in the air had not helped his emotions as well for it seemed awkward and disturbing in a high sense. Silently Zerda cursed to himself in one of his native tongues, and promised himself that he would try to pull back if only a little so he would not make the faun feel like he did, uncomfortable. The tension in Valentin rose into Zerda's own body and he just wanted to hug and apologize for his actions, but he had known completely if that's what Valentin would expect. This whole time Zerda had been so energetic and one could say a spazz.

The night was winding down and Zerda became cold once more, so his energy had seemed to have been shot. Unconsciously, Zerda cuddled up onto Valentin's chest and he could only listen to the subtle words that escaped the faun's mouth. He felt a sigh escape him and he smiled slightly before lifting his head to look at the boy under him. A small chuckle came and faded away just as quickly before Zerda came back up to a sitting position so he could look down and see the face of Valentin. His mouth opened to speak, but he stopped himself to think of the words carefully, though he felt that he may still find a way to mess up. None the less he would still try. "V-Valentin....I'm so glad that you aren't here to just steal my gaze. I never thought that you would, but it makes me feel so...happy to know I can trust you."

Stopping for only a moment, Zerda found himself smiling. "I understand.....maybe I am the one who is overwhelmed with uncertain emotions.....I have just been alone....for so long. Sometimes I wish to be with anyone, but for some reason I really wanna be with you. Even if we are just friends....it would make me happy and overall pleased." Zerda had hoped that he could let Valentin know that he wasn't trying to be so forward, its just who he was.

((many things happened im sorry I have been away for so long. Heck idek if you still wanna rp this or not T.T))
Zerda Vulpes
Zerda Vulpes
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:52 pm

A sigh escaped the faun, and a heap of stress felt like it left with it. Valentin propped his torso up a bit on his elbows and leveled his roommate with a hard but kindly stare.

"We're definitely friends. 'Kay, kiddo? Just.. Don't worry too much about being alone, because there are so many people here in this place that you can be friends with." He paused for a moment, then amended with a smallish shrug, "Or enemies, but either way it's not lonely. So.. we're buddies." He brought one arm around between them to first motion to himself, then aim a gentle prod at Zerda's chest. "And I'm certain you'll meet tons of other people who want to be friends as well. Totally not alone."

Hoping that his words, lame as they felt, would inspire some sort of comfort in Zerda, Valentin nodded once with finality and pulled his elbow out from under himself, falling back into the matress with a fwump! He folded his arms beneath his head and huffed again, eyes slipping shut. Today.. had been pretty eventful for not really having to do anything. A half-hearted throb on his back reminded him of the modest wound there that he should probably dress at some point, but it was no emergency. That and a hollowness in his stomach complained that he hadn't managed to procure any sort of decent meal this evening. But that was no emergency either.

Nothing felt like an emergency as the weight of the day settled around him in the form of drowsiness. "Whaddya say we get some rest so we can have some more fun tomorrow, mm? Hop off so I can give your bed back." His stubborn eyes remained closed, but he bobbed one elbow lamely to motion for Zerda to scoot and let him up so he could relocate to his hammock.
Valentin
Valentin
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerda Vulpes Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:00 pm

Zerda knew that the day was long and tiring and with that he knew that Valentin must have been exhausted. He looked down at the small wound that seemed to have slightly bothered the faun and he pouted a bit. A smile then crept back onto his face though as he listened to his words. They were reassuring and he was happy that he was trying hard to make him feel better. Zerda nodded and leaned forward and placed his forehead on Valentin's. "I understand. I'm happy that we are good buddies, and I hope we can keep it up!" He was a little more happy that he should have been but he couldn't help his over hyperactivity as the night came upon them. He was nocturnal after all, and he hadn't realized that that time zone finally caught up to him. Though tired as he was he was also still hyper, but he could not say the same for his faun friend below him.

Looking at the motion of Valentin's arm he nodded and scooted off of him, "S-sorry once again for biting you so hard. I guess I got to hyper hehee." He waited for Valentin to make his way over to the bed he had over in his own area that still made Zerda feel uncomfortable with the sight of messiness. One day he would just go over and clean up everything.....or at least rearrange the piles to more organized and filed ones. Then again he wasn't sure if Val would like that. None the less he knew one day there would be something done and he would make Valentin happy in the process. "Well I guess I'll bid you good night Val Val, but I think I will stay up a little longer.....my instincts are keeping me from enjoying a good nights sleep. "
Zerda Vulpes
Zerda Vulpes
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:29 am

Once Zerda had moved, Valentin was quick to remove himself from the bed. He stood awkwardly for a moment, wincing discreetly at mention of the bite like he was trying not to be too embarrassed to have obtained such a wound. He nodded while trying to smile reassuringly.

"Don't worry about it. No big deal." The words were for himself as much as his roommate. He knew that Zerda did not mean hi m harm, but the fact that he'd lost himself in that moment of playfulness on the field did make the faun a little nervous, as was his nature. A hunter could lose control again. But he tried not to think on it too much, because obviously Zerda liked him very much and he kept reminding himself that it would be silly to expect an attack from this fox.

Valentin retreated to his side of the room where he instantly felt much more comfortable in his familiar clutter. He let a quiet sigh out before tugging himself swiftly into the hammock hung on his lamp post tree. On his back, he flung one arm over his face to cover his eyes so that it would easier to feign sleep. He wasn't lying when he claimed fatigue; he was exhausted. But knowing that Zerda would remain awake worried him for no particular reason. It was just a matter of letting one's guard down into a form so defenseless as sleep when you know there will be another present who is still very much awake.

"Well have a good rest when you get to it then, kiddo. Goodnight." He made an effort to sound cheery and then forced himself into some sort of meditation so that even if he couldn't sleep, his body would get some rest. His breaths deepened and evened, hopefully mimicking the sound of sleep and he resolved to wait for morning.

(( If you want to continue to the morning or start something somewhere else, that's cool. If not, then I suppose we're at a decent place to end this. I'll leave it up to you~! xD ))
Valentin
Valentin
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down