The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin) - Page 2 Empty Re: New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)

Post  Zin Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:44 am

The possible danger the Ghost Light could pose to his glamour magic outweighed his normally insatiable curiosity, his expression hardening.  It was difficult enough keeping glamour magic in place when he slept, and Zin often woke up in a blind fear he had slipped up.  Adding a possible encounter with the ghost light while he slept did not seem like a good plan to him.  

The godfairy hummed in thought, pressing the tips of his fingers together. “I'd appreciate it if you'd make it disappear at night, then...since we don't know how it will react with my magic.”  

His insecurity caused his glamour to flicker, an automated warning response to a perceived threat.  Suddenly, his teeth were sharp and pointed, the number of them far greater to what they had been before.  His eyes flashed an unnatural red, pupils more catlike than human like, cracks appearing around the hollows of his eyes.   The disguise magic readjusted itself after half a second, his teeth immediately fading back into the image of the flat and straight ones of humans. The godfairy's irises took a few seconds longer to adjust, the red color slowly fading into his preferred shade of black.  

He glanced over to see if Shae had noticed, but decided not to comment on the occurrence unless Shae mentioned it.  "Is there anything else I should know about you, or you want to know about me, since we'll be rooming together?"
Zin
Zin

Height : 173 cm
Weight : 68 kg

http://philoscaelum.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Zin-358859546

Back to top Go down

New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin) - Page 2 Empty Re: New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)

Post  Shae-Lantern Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:15 am

He hmmed, an unfortunate request. Just how volatile was the godfairys magic? His own wouldn't cause any explosions but that was his... it was possibly worrying but, well... there was no real reason to worry about something beyond his control. Worse case scenario someone got hurt. Was that even a bad thing? Not in his mind.

He noticed the flicker and raised a brow. How... odd. Of interest even.
"Well..." he pretended not to have seen the minor slip in whatever was making Zin look... not like that. "Is your magic likely to try to... invade upon my person?" He didn't quite know how to explain it. "Last time it got a bit edgy when someone tried to go into my mind- it reacted badly to the.... invasion." He hoped that that made sense. He didn't quite understand it himself.

Anything else he wanted to know? Anything else he felt like sharing? As a general rule he shared as little as possible about himself... unless in sharing it he could get something back. Like entertainment. Changing genders almost always had an interesting reaction- especially when he... exaggerated his features.
"Well... There is one thing you should know..."
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Height : 180
Weight : 54

http://spaschick.deviantart.com/gallery/31009203?offset=0#/d4o69

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Zin was about to answer no, at least not glamour, but he paused, already feeling his throat constrict. That wasn't strictly true. “Depends what you mean by invasion,” he said, hesitantly. “Glamour magic effects the senses of anyone who comes into contact with it... that's how I control my appearance. I wouldn't necessarily classify it as invasive, more like...” he paused, searching for the words. “A really, really convincing illusion.”

Perhaps a demonstration would help? “This is what the magic looks like, if you had the ability to see magic,” he explained, willing the magic to show itself on his hand as he held it out to Shae. The magic was reluctant, he felt its resistance, but it gave way after a moment. A very faint, red aura shimmered across his hand, like a thin, gleaming veil. His fingers still appeared human like underneath it, but for the moment the magic that created the illusion was visible. It was more condensed around his nails, where it hid his claws, and bunched together in certain areas more tightly than others.

He hoped the miniature show had been at least somewhat interesting, letting the magic return to it's normally non-visible state. “What should I know about you?” he prompted, wanting to hear whatever it was Shae thought he should know, and quite eager to move on from himself. The more he talked about the godfairy magic, the closer he got to breaking some of the ancient rules...
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:37 pm

A convincing illusion, huh?
Well that- he thought- shouldn't be a problem. Why would it? It wasn't hurting him... or trying to control him. He watched in interest as the magic was revealed. Interesting. Oh so very interesting. As so much about this boy seemed to be. It was like... like a film around the fairys body. It clung to him, evidently hiding his true form. His true purpose. Much like Shae used his soft demeanor and charming smile to hide is own murderous intentions. The magic was lying. It was a liar just like he was. And that meant it couldn't be trusted- as he knew very much better than anyone.
Not that he was going to let anyone know he was lying to them.

Thankfully, he happened to be wearing a singlet under his hoodie- which he promptly began to pull up and over his head. It usually got a much better reaction when he was showing more skin- well of course it did. Why wouldn't it? He hadn't used the ability all that much at the island, preferring to save it for the right moment to throw people off. Well... right now was a perfect time to garner a little bit of extra entertainment from their meeting.
Shae dropped the striped jumper to the floor.
"Just..." he paused, looking to the side as if thinking of a way to explain it, before- quite without warning- he switched, his body becoming (if possible) sleeker and somewhat more curvacious, hips widening out as thin trails of purple smoke (just for show) rose up around him and dissipated into the air. Of course the most notable change, was the rather (deliberately big, but not too large) breasts that sprung forth from his- well her- chest, bouncing slightly from the downwards momentum as they were summoned forth. "don't be so surprised next time you see this." A small, amused, almost smug smile forming on her lips.

(Sorry for the delaay!! Was at dads and am moving out so it's a bit tricky atm but I'll try to reply as fast as I can!!)
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:02 am

Zin was at first confused when Shae took of his hoodie, vaguely wondering if his room mate found the room humid or something. The appearance of purple smoke drew his attention downwards, to where Shae's hips were...expanding. And then there were bouncing breasts. And...huh. He glanced back up at Shae's face in time to catch a trace of a smug, amused smile. It was enough to tell him that Shae expected a reaction and was used to getting one. So Zin did a discreet double take, and then laughed and clapped slowly. Like he did when one of his friends found an impressive new appearance to wear for the next few days.

“So you can change your appearance too!” Apparently they had more things in common than he first would have guessed- but perhaps Shae went farther than just altering his appearance? “Do you change your actual biology?” Zin asked, suddenly interested, not taking the time to consider of the question was rude or not. He paused, another question popping into his head, eyebrows furrowing as if he were suddenly perplexed. “So do I call you he/she or something else now? We don't have gender pronouns in Godfairy.” Two questions. That was fair. He'd have to hold back the other burning ones.

((I'm sorry for my delay!))
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:26 am

Well it wasn't as shocked as he was hoping but he still felt he'd impressed the other and that was something- after all he was able to change his appearance so Shae changing his was perhaps not the most shocking of things. Still it was fun to see how people reacted even if it was simply whether or not they did.
And then more questions- well questions weren't so bad he supposed, these ones weren't invading upon his secret life as a murderer so he didn't care so much or mind answering them.

"Yes- biology completely changed, and fully functioning.." maybe that would be more surprising than the actual change itself to this boy. He hoped so, there was never a bad time to get a little bit more of a reaction. "And as for pronouns, I don't particularly mind either, although I do usually stay male and am pretty sure if I was one or the other mentally it wouldn't be female, but whatever you remember is fine."

((it's fine!! :> ))
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:32 pm

The godfairy decided to stick with the pronoun for men, since that was his original impression of Shae. Easier keep his first impression if it wasn't necessary to alter it.

Upon learning that the biology switch was complete and functioning, Zin was much more impressed, and did not bother to hide his reaction. It had taken him about twenty years to figure out how to completely alter the genetic structure of one of his wishers- turning humans into animals and vice versa. But attempting to change more specified areas like sex was so much more complicated. And messy if the spell went wrong.

“Can you do that to other people or just yourself?” He attempted to sound neutral about the question, but if Shae knew how he did it or if he could do it to other people...than perhaps he could teach Zin. Zin wasn't in a particular need to change his body- glamour worked just fine for appearances- but Shae had a magic quite coveted by the godfairy world.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:28 am

He grinned as he saw the reaction he got to that- well that was something. Although his grin fell a bit and became apologetically sheepish at the next question. Well... he wasn't a magic-user he was simply, magic himself.

"I'm afraid not.. I'm no wizard- I can't do any magic or spells, any abilities I have are either innate like shifting genders or things that are just skills that I practiced and learned like the violin or throwing Knives.." He didn't continue the sentence because he already felt like with that he had said a bit too much- but then it was not exactly a secret he could use knives. Not to everyone anyway. It wasn't as if he cut off awkwardly though- he was also innately good with his words. ".. those sorts of things. Much more mundane than elaborate appearance shifting and granting wishes." he chuckled, shrugging with a modesty he didn't really feel. He was also lying when he said he practiced at the violin. He had of course- but he had already known how to play it before he started. He supposed it was something he had learned before he could remember. Maybe just before he died.

He did wonder often, if he had a life before death. Was he ever more than just a pretty, malicious corpse? He had no answers and no prospect of answers as it seemed. He had read half the library by now, surely. The ones that counted anyway.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:49 am

((So sorry for the delay again! I kind of forgot that I never posted after I wrote out Zin's response...))

As Shae answered him, something in Zin's memories stirred, like a cat stretching in the sun. Perhaps it was the careful way Shae seemed to have with words- he had interesting, pleasing answers. But perhaps a bit too well crafted. Or it might have been the languid way he moved, or when h e mentioned he had a talent in throwing knives. All the pieces fell together, and, in retrospect, a fairly obvious realization stared him in the face.

This creature in front of him, with his biology shifting abilities and other unknown talents, was not prey. Other than his magical ball of bouncing light, Zin didn't feel much inclination to chase or intimidate, which was strange all in its own. The godfairy was not particularly alarmed that Shae was very probably dangerous- Zin was dangerous too, and only going to grow more so with time and experience. Talking and befriending other hunters was normally fun. Easier- they didn't startle so much. They were better at playing.

“Your abilities are by far more incredible than what I can do with my glamour magic,” he admitted, matching flattery with flattery. “How did you learn you could switch sexes? There has to be a story behind that.”

He wanted Shae to talk more. The more he talked, the better Zin could figure him out. And suddenly, Shae seemed like a very interesting person to piece together.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:14 am

(( Haha that's okay xD; ))

This guy was pretty good at playing Shae's games, he noted mentally. He knew all the right kinds of things to say- in order to get what he wanted. Well that was fine, it was a challenge. Shae was going to enjoy playing with him all the more for it. It was always nice when you met someone who wasn't a complete push over. It made it far more entertaining to contend, and ten times as satisfying when he won. He always won.
So he was going to try and compliment Shae right back, modesty... he didn't think so. Zin didn't seem the modest type- but then Shae couldn't be quite sure. Maybe he was reading into it too much because it was what he himself would do.

"Oh well.. I've been doing it since before I can remember so, it's sort of just always been there. Like you don't remember learning to walk or breath- you just know you've been doing it for a long time..." He shrugged, determined to make it not a big deal. As much as he loved how big of a deal it was- it was an interesting balance between wanting the reaction and adoration and not wanting to make too big of a name for himself. "I have a question for you though..." he smirked. This topic was getting a bit... close. It was time for a subtle change in direction.

Casually, as if a subconscious or inconsequentially he shifted his weight to one side, moving a step or so closer as he did so. His smile equally as casual, but with a hint of mischief in his eyes. "What are you intooo- booys, or girrls?" he raised a brow, the edge of his mouth twitching out a little bit wider. This was a whole other game- one he hadn't played in a while, one that he missed dearly.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:13 pm

Why ask a question like that? Perhaps Shae was nervous about sharing a room, and wanted to know which sex Zin wasn't into so he could avoid changing into that... But that explanation certainly didn't match his body language; the other had crept a bit closer, looking like he had a trick up his sleeve, wearing a smile Zin knew better than to trust. Apparently this answer somehow mattered; otherwise Shae wouldn't look so mischievous. “I more care if someone is interesting or not,” Zin replied, vaguely, shrugging carelessly.

Suddenly, his mouth curved into a dark, crooked smile. He had an idea. “I have an idea. Let's play a game- I ask a question about you, you can ask a question about me. No lying, and every question must be answered no matter what it is. Whoever refuses to answer first loses.” The godfairy did not give Shae a chance to either agree or disagree, simply taking his turn by force, “Who are you into?”

Since Shae had seemed so interested in his answer, Zin thought it was worth a shot to boomerang the question back at him. And once the game was better established, and he's given one or two easy questions, he could ask the one he was suddenly curious about. Zin was aware that, being the one who actually could not lie, he was at a disadvantage...but it was a common game to play; one that forced godfairies to hone their ability to evade and jump around questions they did not want to answer without giving any ground. Shae's questions would have to get quite specific before he asked about any of the stuff Zin was unwilling to share.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:58 pm

Shaes brow only raised higher at the answer he recieved. It felt more like the other was dodging his question. However he wasn't given too much time to consider it as the proposition of a game was presented. A more literal game. One he had played before.

He stepped back slightly a contemplative look on his face.
"Before I answer you, as I indeed intend to do- I must ask, what do I get-" he almost wanted to say 'when' he won but felt it best not to sound too cocky-"if I win?" Games like this were hardly fun unless there were stakes of some kind. That's what made it interesting, otherwise the participants lacked proper incentive. What kind of boring game would that be?

"As for your first question, I rather find I'm much the same. Booring people are just that. Boring." He had thought about punishing the poor choice of wording by answering 'Ndale' as'who' he was into- by he decided he'd rather not give that information away just yet. It wasa a little more dangerous in the wrong hands. "So what makes someone interresting to you?"
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:01 am

When Shae took the small step backwards, Zin took the movement as a small victory.  His room mate might not have intended it to mean anything, but stealing and relinquishing space was a constant battle in the fairy world, and any ground gained was always enough to make him feel just slightly more arrogant.  

Yes, stakes always did make the games more interesting, didn't they?  “I suppose it depends on what you want,” he replied, careful to make sure the wording couldn't be interpreted as a question and risk losing his turn.  “So tell me what you'd like if you win.  As for me, should I win, I want you to help me find something.”  

The godfairy tilted his head thoughtfully at the follow up question.  He had never actually given that much consideration to what made someone interesting or not.  For the most part, he found most everyone he met interesting on some level.  But Shae was talking about a different kind of interesting.  “To be interesting...they have to have a formidable amount of knowledge and a good sense of humor.  They should know how to play.”  Mischief made him want to tag on “durable” to the list, but that answer could very easily lead Shae into asking a series of questions that would be more than Zin wanted to chew off.  He didn't intend to lose the game so easily.

“Who is the most...interesting person you've met at Lillegard so far?” he asked, when it was his turn. It was a throw away question, but he had to set up a groundwork before he could ask the real questions, wait for stakes to be established. Bide his time.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:42 am

Intriguing. Very intriguing. What kind of something? Where might it be hiding? Why did he want it? How was Shae to help him?
A lot of new questions were brought upon by this new revelation. As always seemed to be the unfortunate case. Here however there was at least the possibility of answers- and attaining those answers might just entertain him for a while.

He considered his own preposition. It had to be something equal in value or there about- however he wasn't yet sure what exactly Zin wanted of him. And he was going to be wasting questions finding it out. So he was going to make Zin do the same, as was of course- only fair. The question he was asked however, posed a slightly different matter. He could simply say Ndale- but that would be... too easy. The best answer was an answer that created more questions. So he wasn't going to be straightforward there either. Not that he would be obvious about it.

Shrugging he moved over to sit down casually on Zins bed next to his bags- evidently not caring that he had neither been offered, nor did the space belong to him- contemplating both his answer and his return.
"Well, as luck would have it the most interesting person I've met so far would have to be my previous roommate." he paused to think a bit more. "As for what I would like should I win, I think I'd like your assistance," vague enough. "and for my question- what is it that you want my help in finding?"
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:20 am

Zin felt a vague stir of irritation when Shae sat down on his bed, and the intensity of the reaction would have been far worse had Zin already confidently established it as his territory.  But very well- two could play at that game.  Listening to Shae's answer as he turned, Zin strolled across the room to flop on Shae's bed.  “One of the words for it in godfairy is K'bekii.  If a human translation exists, I can't currently think of it,” he began, making himself comfortable by putting his back safely to the wall and grabbing Shae's pillow.  “The fun part is I don't know what it is exactly, because it's magically spelled so that I can't recognize it... although I have a few theories as to what it could be and where...”  

Previous roommate, huh?  Was Shae being vague on purpose- to try and draw out another question?  Or was there a reason he hadn't mentioned the name of the previous room mate when he answered?  He looked momentarily curious, surveying Shae from across the room. Despite the temptation to inquire further into this “interesting” former roommate, Zin merely filed the question away, possibly to be used later in the game.  When he needed a throw away question again.

“My turn.  What would you like my assistance in, exactly?” It would be a good idea to get a grasp on Shae's motivation.  Rather or not he won or lost- although he definitely planned on winning- any information he learned in this game would be useful. Shae was the first creature he had met here who gave him strong vibes of a hunter equal in prowess to his own species.   If Shae was inherently dangerous as Zin suspected, it would be a better idea to make an alliance rather than a competitor out of him.  And have a few back up tricks up his sleeve just in case.  

Oh, he truly did love games such as these...
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:04 am

If Shae cared at all about Zin being on his bed- he certainly didn't show it. In fact it didn't even elicit any sort of reaction at all.
In actual fact he didn't care- and if anything it amused him. So was his being in Zins space annoying then? Was his new roommate trying to annoy him right back? It didn't really seem like a careless gesture- nothing usually was. However this would warrant further investigation.

So Zin also couldn't really tell him what he was going to help search for. Interesting. He didn't really understand how he could be of help if he didn't know but... either way that didn't really seem like such a terrible thing to be agreeing to. "Interesting... it sounds like we're going to have plenty of difficulty on that front then.." his smile showed his wry amusement.

"I want your assistance in figuring out who and what I am... I'm already scoured the school library and the like but I suppose seeing as it's all I'm here to do- any help towards that cause would be nice..." he shrugged. He didn't even expect to find anything anymore, but it was something. "So then... my turn- do you find me interesting?" He had no interest in inquiring further into this K'bekii thing currently. If he lost he'd figure it out. Right now he was going to ask things that to him, were of more pressing importance.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:52 am

How irksome.  Shae didn't seem bothered at all by the invasion of space.  Zin refrained from growling a little; doubtless, Shae wouldn't understood what he was upset about.  Admitting he was bothered felt like giving in, and Zin didn't feel like losing any of the games they were playing, no matter how small of a loss it would have been.   Shae's stakes were was easy enough- his origins were probably something Zin would have started to investigate rather he was asked to or not.  The godfairy loved mysteries.  And if Shae were a possible threat, it would be important to know what kind of threat he was...

Did he think Shae was interesting? Huh.  What a weird question.  Zin gazed at Shae pensively for a moment, allowing nothing more than a thoughtful expression to cross his features. Any other emotion that may have slipped through was covered by his glamour, the magic eagerly consuming the flicker of doubt and indecision he might have given away otherwise. It was a poker trick he'd discovered many summers ago.  After a few moments, the strange, unwelcome feeling of  Déjà vu passed.

Luckily, Shae had given him an easy back door to this one. Rather than answer to the definition of interesting, the godfairy elected to merely answer if he found Shae a normal person's definition of interesting. “You certainly seem like you know quite a few stories, and the mystery behind your origins is intriguing. I'm interested in learning more about you.”
The godfairy did not dwell on his answer or linger on the topic once he'd given his answer.  Rather, he immediately launched into his next turn.   “Who's the most dangerous person you've met on the island?” This would be an interesting question; one that would answer several things at once it Shae was honest. Zin would learn about another dangerous individual to perhaps be avoided or befriended, as well as learning just how dangerous Shae was compared to who he found intimidating.  Two answers in one.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:26 am

He was mildly disappointment at the rather avoident answer he received, however you could still tell a lot of things from the way a person avoided a question. Like how good they were at bending the truth- and Zin was obviously very good at thinking outside of that little box. Something to keep in mind. However if he wasn't going to get a straight answer from him, he decided he might have to resort to more reliable means.

Now who was the most dangerous person he had met? He didn't know really, to him no one seemed all that dangerous, it was simply his mentality. Now if Zin had said who was the most dangerous person he knew on the island- he might have been forced to say himself, though he would probably have found a way around it. As it was it was the most dangerous person he had met, and honestly he just summoned up the first person that came to mind.
"Well... Kale seems to be rather in that direction, I wouldn't be too interested in getting on her bad side..." He answered in a contemplative, perhaps even nonchalant tone. Really there was little that frightened him. In terms of being dangerous to Shae- Ndale again was probably the thing that had threatened his existence more than anything else.

Now for his question... he wasn't sure really. He could ask pretty much anything and Zin was sure to know how to weasel around it. He had to be clever, very clever. Starting with what did he want to know. "What makes you dangerous?" He didn't even know if Zin really was that dangerous- but he wasn't going to beat around the bush. If it was nothing- then he'd get nothing as an answer.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:28 am

What a disappointing answer. Zin thought Kale was a fairly obvious response- of course the harpy was dangerous. He had never met a harpy before, but he had certainly learned to respect them through the stories passed around. Then there was the simple fact that Kale was in charge of a good number of potentially dangerous people, so she would have to be somewhat competent and dangerous herself. So the real question was- did Shae give him a throw away answer to throw him off the scent of another dangerous person, or was that really the person he thought was the most dangerous on the island?

Zin leaned back and tapped his fingers against Shae's pillow. At least he'd been given another easy question. “Our glamour magic makes it possible for us to steal appearances, as well as manipulate the senses and perceptions of our prey,” he answered. Living in the kind of warrior family he did, he'd already been forced to give a lot of thought to what made them all so dangerous. “Godfairies are temperamental and unpredictable at best, and most of us like being dangerous. Duels and hunts are how we settle disputes back home, so we're all kept well in practice. And, well, as for myself, I'd say what makes me dangerous is that I don't let go of something when I get my teeth into it, and that I learn quickly.”

He hadn't appeared particularly smug or arrogant when he gave his answer; it was a simple analysis of his approach to challenges, as easily a weakness as a strength. There were plenty of details he had omitted, though- no reason to tell Shae exactly how they hunted. But he felt he had been generous in detail, so Zin hoped Shae would pick up on the fact that he would expect Shae to be just as generous is his next response.

“What makes you dangerous, Shae?”

The name drop at the end of the question was every bit intentional as it was strategic. If Shae had a mentality even slightly similar to a humans, he would be more likely to respond hearing his name. The question itself was phrased with a silent challenge beneath it; almost daring Shae to deny being dangerous at all. He wouldn't buy it- not when every instinct he had himself insisted that Shae was on equal footing with him in the food chain.
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:06 pm

He was certainly quite pleased with the answer he received, something he hadn't expected to be. He did note that while it seemed to be saying a lot, really he hadn't been given all that much information, just detailed information- but careful details. Then again, it was still a lot more than he had expected to be given, and not entirely useless information either. Although to be fair, he didn't really need that information- he just wanted to know for the sake of knowing, because knowledge is power.

Unfortunately he was also aware that he would have to at least seem like he was giving just as much information back, just to keep up appearances, pretending he cared about fairness. He wasn't caught off guard by the question however, he had been expecting it from the moment he had asked his own, and therefore had had plenty of time to craft his own careful details.

"Me? I can't really give you a species overview for.. obvious reasons- but I suppose I'm dangerous because people underestimate me, I'm inconspicuous." He paused for breath, his tone and expression once again, amiable and casual- as though it was no big deal at all. "I know how to hide myself and remain unseen- although I'm a lot better at it in more suitable locations than here." He could have gone into his charm but the question wasn't what is the most dangerous thing about you- so he felt he could be perfectly truthful and still leave that out. It was one of the things he rather liked people to be unaware of. Still he had to say a substantial amount of words to try and match Zin. "I'd also say I'm dangerous because I don't care what happens to me. Pain, isolation, deprivation- there's very little anyone can do to unnerve me and therefore not much that people can do to enforce their rules on me."

And now, once again, his question. He hummed thoughtfully- he was leading at the moment, which was both an advantage and dangerous as he couldn't afford to ask anything that might bounce back in a negative way. "What scares you the most?" There was very little that he himself was afraid of- something he had just established quite well too, so he felt pretty comfortable asking such a question.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Zin Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:46 am

Zin was faintly surprised that Shae confirmed his suspicions that people tended to 1underestimate him. But his suspicions grew when Shae continued talking- that Shae cared about nothing that happened to him was a hard tale to swallow. Every living creature cared about something. Unless Shae wasn't alive to begin with? And if Shae wasn't easily unnerved, either he had seen too much of the world, or far, far too little. Still, it was an interesting front to put on...

The godfairy half smiled at the question, something akin to amusement crossing his sharp features. They were getting into more dangerous ground- much more fun territory. The stakes could be raised slightly, then, if fear was being brought into the conversation. Oh, he had many fears. He had, quite literally, gone and gotten himself half-banished from his homeland and sailed off to a remote island that no other godfairy had heard of in order to avoid the fears his secrets reaped. But that wasn't information he was about to divulge.

If he wanted a good answer, he had to give up something that was still slightly painful to give up. Before he even opened his mouth to reply, he checked and double checked his glamour magic. It hadn't been so long ago that even voicing their name out loud had sent his glamour magic rippling like it was responding to a threat, letting his sharp teeth and claws poke through, eyes gleaming red. He didn't want to let on that it still bothered him that much. “I'm afraid of vampires,” he answered, casually enough. “I've had a few unfortunate mishaps with them...but fears spell out obstacles and goals. They tell us what's important to us or they represent things that will hold us back. That's all valuable knowledge.”

It was probably pointless to rebound the question back at Shae. “What is your biggest weakness?” he asked. It still wasn't the question he REALLY wanted to ask, but it was a good lead in. And if Shae backed out, well then, he'd still be winning something at the end of the day...
Zin
Zin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

Well as interesting as it was to note that Zin had a fear of the fanged blood-sucking variety- that information didn't do much except be interesting. Even so it was better than nothing or worse than nothing, boring. Boring was the worst sort of label you could give any kind of thing whether it be a person, a piece of information or even a particular type of food. Boring things were worth less than nothing- they took away from your life where nothing simply didn't affect it. Thank hell Zin wasn't at all boring.

The return question was a bit of an uncertainty though. He wasn't sure right away what to reply- although he made it look like he was simply considering the correct choice of words. He could have mentioned any number of faults, his blindness in lit areas, his physically weak stature... but none of them really seemed like a key weakness- something that actually made him weak. They could simply be worked around- compensated for... the only thing he was able to think of that couldn't be compensated for was-

"Ndale." He answered in an almost hesitant, restrained tone. Ndale was the thing most similar to a weakness for him- surely a person who had managed to break down every barrier and mask he had so perfectly placed could be counted as such. He was weak to Ndale- even now, though they were no longer as close. He knew he should elaborate upon his answer in some semblance of fairness, but there wasn't much else he trusted himself to really say. So instead he simply trusted that the lack of words would simply create an air of importance that would compensate for itself.

Eager to move away from the topic of the Cheetah he moved on to his own question... well question of sorts. "If you show me what you look like without any Glamour at all... I'll count that as this question and the next answered..." He was careful to use a statement and not accidentally waste the question anyway.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2