The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Why did you name your character that?

+13
Blake Eston
Leon Barner
Aliyra
Shae-Lantern
Jami Futter
Larita Marten
YuukiHyouketsu
Hryshen
Odqura
Elizabeth Wells
Alicia Harper
Rendaz "Flammy"
Aesis - DISCONTINUED
17 posters

Go down

Why did you name your character that? Empty Why did you name your character that?

Post  Aesis - DISCONTINUED Tue May 24, 2011 4:36 pm

I'd like to know, why did you all name your character (s) what their names are?

Just wondering ^^

--

I'd named Aesis that...because....Idk. o3o

The name just popped into my mind as an elf-ish name.
Aesis - DISCONTINUED
Aesis - DISCONTINUED
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 5ft 11in/180.34 cm [DISCONTINUED]
Weight : 126 lbs/57.1526386 kg [DISCONTINUED]

http://veranazwingli.deviantart.com/art/Aesis-New-App-271615289

Back to top Go down

Why did you name your character that? Empty Re: Why did you name your character that?

Post  Aesis - DISCONTINUED Tue May 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Pai is named Pai because he's a math teacher, and Pi is a part of math.

I also wanted to keep the whole food-theme I had after the banana sensation.
--
I named Syril because I figured it would be fitting for a mythological creature such as a Gryphon...although it was first going to be pronounced "Sir-ill", but Flamjam gave me the idea of making it pronounced "Syr-ee-al (Cereal)" :>
Aesis - DISCONTINUED
Aesis - DISCONTINUED
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Why did you name your character that? Empty Re: Why did you name your character that?

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Tue May 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Ohdearohdear... This is gonna be long. But I didn't know I inspired one of your names! Wooo! Is feeling speshul! \o/

Weeell, I made Rendaz when I was like 9 or so and he was called Flambor (flame and ember... yeah). He also looked exactly like charmander... WITH A HOORN! So I redesigned him and stuff to make him a little less rippoffy with a new name and all. It's sort of a mix between Rend (to tear or split apart or into pieces violently) and Dazzle (To amaze, overwhelm, or bewilder with spectacular display), both of which he does plenty of. But I kept 'Flammy' just in memory of his old name.

With Lunie, weelll, I kinda made his design before I made his name. I was like struggling to think of a name or something, then somehow, 'Lunie' popped up and just kinda stuck. I made his full name 'Lunasola' later by combining 'lunar' and 'solar'. However, I soon learnt that this actually meant 'lonely moon' in italian. Yay!

Owen. Well, let's admit it, I ripped this completely off my sister who also had a character called Owen... Which also happened to be the name of one of her friends. XD But seriously, I can look all I want, but I don't think I'd ever be able to find something as fitting as Owen. Mueller came from me looking at a list of names... it just happened to fit. XD

Wheeew.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Height : 168 cm
Weight : 82 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Rendaz-Flammy-326794937

Back to top Go down

Post  Alicia Harper Thu May 26, 2011 12:00 am

i wanted a 6 letter name and last name like the trolls in homestuck (cos im obsessed with it ahahhahaha)
Alicia is the name of a character i like in the aria manga
it is also the name of a nasty person at school
but i though if i think of the pretty Alicia i wont hate the name as much
Harper happened as i wiki'd common english last names

and thus Alicia Harper
Alicia Harper
Alicia Harper

Height : 155cm
Weight : 66kg

http://istar120.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Alicia-Harper-260003634

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Wells Thu May 26, 2011 12:09 pm

Uuuuh... ive had my OC Elizabeth for a couple of years and she had no name for aaaages so i ended up giving her my middle name just so i could call her something and it ended up sticking Wells is because i was in Wells-next-the-sea when she was created x

Kate Jonhson is just random LOL
Elizabeth Wells
Elizabeth Wells

Height : ... Usually Henry's house... or my house... and now Lillegard!
Weight : Hobbies? ... FIRE ^^

Back to top Go down

Post  Aesis - DISCONTINUED Fri May 27, 2011 2:56 pm

WOOOOO \O/

Interesting backstories to the names :>
Aesis - DISCONTINUED
Aesis - DISCONTINUED
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Odqura Fri May 27, 2011 6:40 pm

WELL lessee~ x3

Valentin... I didn't have a name for and I needed one quickly so I kinda just went with something I liked that I'd heard >3> Valentin is a French kid I met very briefly who's mother was staying with my family for a time. I always thought it was nice. Wichahpi Henala is Native American Lakota, which I researched later as I was developing more of Val's history. Wichahpi=stars, Henala=none are left; diminished. So his Lakota name would translate to something like "Stars have all gone" or "No stars remain". This name was a result of his melanism.

Odqura... Traditionally in Mongolia, a baby would often be named something that was occurring on the birth day. So, the weather, or an animal the mother or family had spotted. Od was born on a rainy afternoon. So Od=rain, Qura=noon.

Shiver... Is cold and wet. x3
Odqura
Odqura
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 183
Weight : 32

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=aalc+odqura

Back to top Go down

Post  Aesis - DISCONTINUED Fri May 27, 2011 10:33 pm

I can't believe I read all that....whatever O.o

LOL SHIVER. He's so adorable~ ... and wet. >:U
Aesis - DISCONTINUED
Aesis - DISCONTINUED
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Hryshen Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Ano~...Lesse......

Hryshen kind of came out of nowhere. I was like, "I wanna join but what kind of char should I make....." I then thought of her character design and the name just came with.

Chikou's name came to me before I had drawn him. I already was planning to make a Japanese Kamaitachi/Kitsune mix, and i thought it'd be funny, even though he always pronounces it as chee-koh-oo, people would call him just Chiko (like the Spanish word for boy) to bother him. I always did want him getting extremely mad and just ranting that his name had that extra oo at the end and that he wasn't Spanish.

Nyt and Hyden's name came once I made them. I don't really have much reason 'cept.....I love name's with y's in them.

Hryshen
Retired Character
Retired Character

Weight : Drawing and Reading

Back to top Go down

Post  Aesis - DISCONTINUED Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Heh, I can see the three you have with the 'y's in them C:

...Lol.

HEY CHICO WHATS UP. //shot
Aesis - DISCONTINUED
Aesis - DISCONTINUED
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:27 pm

well, i have four characters in all, though only one is actually attending the AALC, so i'll just stick with her....ermm...

ok, so i had my characters developed for a while, but i had no solid names for them at all. i knew what they looked like (hadn't drawn any of them yet, though) and i was planning on writing stories for them (never imagined that i would join DA and be drawing Yuuki all the time...) so i was googling and found a website that would take a definition, and generate a list of names with that definition. Yuuki popped up. yay! it was of Japanese origin, so i couldn't resist---i made Yuuki's personality sort of japanese based (she will say simple phrases in japanese sometimes, and will bow to people in respect---her personality would fit very well in the old japanese traditions.). later on, i decided i would have to give the characters last names--this came about because i wanted to make japanese names for all of them, based off of their powers. later on, i decided that i would take the last names of the japanese names and kind of slide them over to the character's last names, and mess with the japanese first/last names to create each of the names for the character's inner dragons. (ie: Yuuki Hyouketsu/ Ketsuta) so, the name generator really came in handy. i just based the names off of the name generator. would you believe that Poison Ivy's name was almost Galianna, and Yuuki's name was almost Crystal?? (gahhh! soooo generic! blech!)
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 154.94cm

http://yuukihyouketsu.deviantart.com/gallery/31934824#/d4fymmp

Back to top Go down

Post  Larita Marten Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:12 pm

How did I miss this topic when it came out? xD

Well.. Everly came after I created this little girl poltergeist character.. and I was originally going to name her Eveline.. or something like that... but I felt that it didn't quite fit, so I looked up similar names, and found Everly! Later Everly's story changed quite a bit, as you can see.

I struggled a lot with Larita's name.. I knew the personality I wanted to create and so I was looking for snobby, mean girl names. First it was going to be Caroline (after Caroline Bingley), then I was pretty set on Angelina, and then Penelope.. but none of those seemed right (or mean sounding enough ^^).

Larita is the name of one of my favorite fictional characters from a 1920s play by Noel Coward (Larita Whittaker from Easy Virtue) and I happened to watch a bit of the movie adaptation while I was in the middle of all this name thinking.. and I realized that it would be perfect. Marten came from a search of English last names.. which seems to be not such an uncommon thing to do here. xD
Larita Marten
Larita Marten
Admin

Height : 170.2 cm
Weight : 54.5 kg

http://aalc.deviantart.com/gallery/?set=32021447&offset=24#/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:38 am

Jami futter. oh gosh, most boring story ever -_-, mk (amunet) was forcing me to get a DA and join AALC so i rushed! i made her fsat and i had never really drawn an anime before haha. I always liked Jamie but i felt since she wasnt human, i should cahnge it a little. so vthere's Jami. Futer i was thinking FLutter was to chesy. so byebye L, tada Futter! She started out as a girl who wanted to not be weak and make friends, still is, but now i have mre of her background which is a bit sad, and i have created her duel personality.!

wow Jami's so boring XD
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Height : 154.9
Weight : 43.2

http://ceceme12.deviantart.com/gallery/41270200#/d5qidot

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:58 am

//shot for late boring reply XD

Weeell I've always liked names to match their character..
So I got "Shae" from "shade" and i chose this because jack was just tooooo stereotypical and cliche... so instead of calling him jack I made his last name lantern, cos will o whisps are associated with jack-o-lanterns aaaand... he has a little light that follows him and annoys the heck outa him most of the time.

Also I always imagined him holding an old fashioned lantern containing his ghost light while he drowned people.. yay.

XD
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Height : 180
Weight : 54

http://spaschick.deviantart.com/gallery/31009203?offset=0#/d4o69

Back to top Go down

Post  Aliyra Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:02 pm

Aliyra is actually a random name I made up while lying in bed one night I know it's been around for awhile, but I'd never heard of it. I wanted 'lyra' in the name, but I wanted whomever my cjaracter met to have a shorter version of the name. I thought for awhile and decided I wanted the name to start with an 'A'. Then I thought of the name 'Ali'. And thus, Aliyra was born!

For the last name, I just combined 'shadow' and 'storm'. So original, I know, lol
Aliyra
Aliyra
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:19 pm

I don't know about Leon's first name, but I know why I chose Barner for his last name lol. I'm not creative with last names. There's a girl on my tennis team whos last name is Barner and she has really thick pretty hair and I hated her for it because is my hair super-thin. So I convinced myself she was a demon and named my demon character after her XD Though the name doesn't really for his dad whos first name is Tanner. Tanner Barner? XD So I made his Tanner J. Barner so it worked better.... don't ask what the J stands for I don't know lol.

I always liked the name Rachael and again had trouble coming with a last name that worked with it and the rest of her (foster) family (her mother being of Indian descent so not easy ^^; ) So I went back to the girls on my tennis team and one them is name Fallon (first name, crazy right? XD). And so Rachael Fallon was born ^^
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Height : 5'7'' / 170cm
Weight : 132 lbs / 60kg

http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/gallery/31944486?offset=24#/d4hv

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Eston Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:55 pm

I had a whole reason as to why I did.....but now I forgot the whole thing lol.
Well Zerda Vulpes means Desert Fox except when its said the way it is it comes out to Fox Desert.

Yaser had a meaning of a Friendly person of something along the lines of friendly in which he was.

So there ya have it!
Blake Eston
Blake Eston
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Oop, need to post for newer characters.

Luppa used to be called Dilemma, mostly because he was an idiot spaz and basically, a dilemma. On deviantart when I made a new account I randomly called it Luppa because it was a funky sounding account name. It wasn't until I considered making him at AALC that I thought "hey wouldn't it be so much more convenient if Luppa was his name?" And then it happened. Yeah, Luppa wasn't actually called Luppa until he joined AALC, imagine that. His species name became dilemma though.

Solasta was originally intended to be Lunie's older sister, the name 'Solie' being counterpart to 'Lunie'. After I decided to change her species and design completely, I extended her name to make it 'Solasta'. Simple as. x'P
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Height : 168 cm
Weight : 82 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Rendaz-Flammy-326794937

Back to top Go down

Post  Haggis Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:09 am

Well you SEEE....

I have a thing for really bad private joke/pun things. They're always fun to laugh about.

And I loved the idea of a Scottish goat demon named after something in Scotland.

So I made a mental list of things like Kilts, Bagpipes, and other things.

And Haggis somehow made the top of my list.

...<3
Haggis
Haggis

Height : 173 cm
Weight : 68 kg

http://slotmechanic.deviantart.com/#/d5ikhaw

Back to top Go down

Post  Ambrose Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:58 am

Ambrose . . . Let me see. It all started with making a very different character that could control spiders; his favorite was a freak-of-nature named Ambrose that just kept growing. I started to like the spider better than the actual character, Drimk, so I worked on that concept. The original Ambrose is waaaay different from the current, though. XD Then, one day, Ambrose-of-today popped into my head and ordered me to draw him. Ta-dah~

The original Ambrose was named that because he was by far the oldest spider Drimk had and wasn't going any time soon (thus "immortal"). I found out about the name "Ambrose" due to a show called Monk (I watched it off-and-on-- Ambrose was the main character's brother). When creating current-Ambrose, the name just . . . fit.
Ambrose
Ambrose

Height : 172.8 cm / 5 ft, 8 in.
Weight : 76.2 kg / 168 lb

http://fav.me/d5a2x1t

Back to top Go down

Post  Callan Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:01 pm

I like to give my characters names that mean something

Callan is Scandinavian and a Nickar so:

Callan:

Scandinavian/ Gaelic Meaning:
The meaning of the name Callan is: Flowing water / Powerful in battle.

People with this name have a deep inner desire for love and companionship, and want to work with others to achieve peace and harmony.

People with this name are excellent at analysing, understanding, and learning. Because they live so much in the mind, they tend to be quiet and introspective, and are usually introverts. When presented with issues, they will see the larger picture. Their solitary thoughtfulness and analysis of people and world events may make them seem aloof, and sometimes even melancholy.

Strand:

Scandinavian, German

Meaning & History
From the Middle Low German word strand meaning "sea shore". Originally given to someone who lived on or near the sea.

Callan
Callan
Retired Character
Retired Character

Weight : Playing around and learning about the 'land beings'

http://xxdraconikaxx.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Callan-Strand-25754

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:20 pm

I'll admit...It just sounded good together xDD Though I am fond of the name Amanda...It's origin was Latin and it means worthy of love :3 Cozens just sounded fun...It means cousins.
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Aesis - DISCONTINUED Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:27 pm

*+Rhys Pahti.

Suggestion from Hershey's.

Rice patties ftw

FUDNICKS <3
Aesis - DISCONTINUED
Aesis - DISCONTINUED
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down