The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Picture books!

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Picture books! - Page 2 Empty Re: Picture books!

Post  Raye-Majick Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:40 am

"I'm quite fond of Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni. He is an amazing artist."

"Machinery has always interested me. I came from a pack in the American wilds so I didn't really see any machinery until I was mid-twenties."

She grinned at the question and pulled out one of the two volumes of manga that were in her pocket. Indeed, she loved Yaoi, but she also liked other genres of manga. She always had at least two volumes of manga with her at all times. She held the book out to Hryshen. it was a yellow book entitled: 犬夜叉. "Manga is a type of comic book. It originated from Japan but now many countries create them. That one's in Japanese as I lived there up until a few months ago. It's one from the first batch of printing. The English name would be uh... Dog Demoness. But, they forewent using direct translations and called it the romaji - Inuyasha. It's an action romance."

She tilted her head to the side slightly and stared at Hryshen's closed eye. "We all seem to have our scars, ne?" she asked softly, lips quirking upwards a little.
Raye-Majick
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Hryshen Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:58 am

Hryshen nodded to Amanda. "Very true. There is alot of beautiful art. I love landscapes, the most peaceful kind...Michelangelo is a marvelous artist." Hryshen actually had never seen any of the art she talked about before. Yes, she saw them in books, but you really can't count that can you. She still loved the paintings and sculptures, no matter whether they were just pictures of them.

Hryshen smiled, "It is pretty interesting. It's funny seeing some of the failed machines in the past turn into successful ones in the...later past. I haven't really seen any machines. Only just
recently...about a year ago, I left the waters of my home. Since I now live on land, I thought I should read up on mechanics, especially ones that involve heat."

Hryshen looked at book Raye held out. It looked interesting and she took the book somewhat hesitantly. She looked over the cover and flipped through a few pages. "Oh. This is new. It's really nice art. I like the white-haired boy...though he does seem rude."

Hryshen
Retired Character
Retired Character

Weight : Drawing and Reading

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:58 pm

"I can't remember names very well...The years start affecting your memory" Amanda smiled 'But I'm sure Michel Anjee Low did some very pretty thing' Amanda stopped to think about colours and creatures ad the sky and suck things, with a content mile on her face.
"Machines huh? Dad always dealt with that type of thing, I prefer to play outside or imagine things, it can be so nice." Amanda paused for a moment realizing it sounded like she was disregarding the idea of machines "Not that it isn't interesting! I sounds like fun to learn about. That's just how my life at home was!" Amanda thought about cars and boats...And robots from the future who would attack all the humans, sounded fun...Her thought bubble was burst by Raye pulling out a manga, and Hryshen's comments of 'nice art' and 'rude'
"It's not that nice! It is very rude! And it's really not the kind of thing...I mean...They do things and....Things happen!" Amanda started getting a bit flustered, before looking at the manga and noticing this one was totally innocent "I mean...Uh...I-I'm really sorry I didn't mean it." she murmured softly staring at the ground
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:17 pm

"Ha, you're telling me," Raye snorted, grinning at the blond girl. "I've lived for a hundred and sixty years and I can't remember half of it. Of course, that could be partly due to the drinking..."

"So, you're a sea being, ne? If it's not too rude, can I ask what species you are?" She had met quite a few people that were ashamed of what they were and had quite explosive reactions to that question. She hoped that this wasn't the case. Raye honestly thought Hryshen was a nice woman.

"Yes, InuYasha can be a bit rude at times. I much prefer his older brother Sesshomaru. Mmm, and the zombie mercernary Bankotsu. Two very fine men." Raye had more manga crushes than she was willing to count.

Raye's bright turquoise eyes cut to the blond girl and a smirk pulled at her lips. "Now, I may be lewd at times, but I really do have some semblance of morals at times. And surprisingly, I have manga other than Yaoi," she added sarcastically. "I don't just read Yaoi, y'know." She smiled softly at the girl and her hand bore down on her head, ruffling the golden locks. "Chin up, pup, we've no ill feelings."

Her nose wrinkled. "Urgh, I really sounded my age then, didn't I? And I thought I picked up modern colloquialisms pretty well."
Raye-Majick
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Hryshen Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:59 pm

"Well. I can see why you enjoy them." Hryshen handed the book back to Raye. She then blinked, "One hundred sixty years old?..." She looked away at one of the shelves, and thought, 'that's older than me...' She looked back at Raye, "Oh..I'm a sea nymph. Abit more related to fish than mermaids are."

She was surprised again at Amanda's over-reaction. "It didn't look.." As she listened to the girls talk about the books, she tilted her head. "Yaoi? Is that a genre of this..manga?"

------
Sorry for the shortness

Hryshen
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Amanda looked at Raye feeling dumbfounded, apparently she had got the wrong impression of Raye, she's just playful, not mean. She hugged Raye "I'm sorry! You're not old at all! You seem to be a hundred and...Something years younger" Amanda smiled.
"Y-yaoi...Appears to be...Similar types of people... Committing to specific acts" Amanda blushed heavily just thinking about it "It 's just dirty!" Amanda badly explained.

-----
Don't worry about shortness, we can't make 10 bajillion paragraphs every time. Shortness happens...Just ask Karl :3
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Raye-Majick Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:20 am

"Uh. yeah..." She ruffled her hair and gave an awkward smile. "I've only got a few years left, though. I'm a bit younger than the usual age for Jinn to die, but-" She shrugged as if to say: what ya gonna do about it?

She cocked her head to the side. "Sea Nyph, ne? I haven't met that may sea-based creatures. In all honesty, I'm scared of water." The awkward smile returned. "A hundred and sixty two and I still can't swim."

Raye yelped when arms wrapped around her. "Jesus H. Christ, don't do that!" she hissed, hunching over slightly and taking deep, drawn out breaths. She hoped to God that The Wolf wouldn't pop in for a visit.

When she calmed down a little, she cocked a brow at the blond girl. "Old, am I?" she asked dryly.

She waved her hand, dismissing the topic of Yaoi. "It's a genre of manga for more adult viewers, is all."

--------
Screw you, Liam. I'm not that short *squirrel goes hiss*
Raye-Majick
Raye-Majick
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Amanda released her grasp slightly scared by the response, however instantly forgetting it at Rayes question
"But-but-but...I never said that! I mean it was you who-But you said-." She finished the sentence with a high pitched squeak, blushing even more heavily. She pouted and began playing with her hair, clearly sulking.

---------
Short or not you won't EVER escape my teasing wrath no matter how rabid a bullfrog like you becomes <3
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Hryshen Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:23 pm

Hryshen frowned, "And your saying I shouldn't see it? I may be younger than you but I'm still your teacher...well, A teacher. I can take adult topics, I've seen my share of corruption in the world." She huffed, feeling a little irked but, after a deep breath, she composed herself enough to lose the tension in her expression. Then blinked, did the Jinn say she was close to death? She didn't look it, nor act it. This worried Hryshen some and it showed slightly in her face.

Hryshen
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Amanda Cozens Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:10 pm

"I didn't mean it like that...You just didn't seem like the type who could look at something like that happily...Sorry if I was wrong." Amanda sighed and half fell, half sat on the floor. Then noticed the worried expression on Hryshen's face "Are you alright?"
Amanda Cozens
Amanda Cozens
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2