The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Injustice.

2 posters

Go down

Injustice. Empty Injustice.

Post  Chayne Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:02 pm

Chayne had remembered that today was supposed to be the day of his detention. A part of him considered simply not going. It really hadn't been his fault, after all. He didn't want to get into even more trouble then he was already in though. It really wasn't fair. It was unjust.

In the near-constant darkness of his room, however, it was very easy to lose of time, especially when he had something to do. Now, with the interesting teapot he'd received from Esha, he certainly had something to do. The last few days were spent learning about it and the country of India where Esha had said it originated. He got very caught up in the cultural aspect of the country.

By the time he looked up at the clock he was already 20 minutes late for the detention he was supposed to serve. The idea of simply skipping occurred to him again, but he ultimately ended up gathering 2 books, Dracula and The Picture of Dorian Gray, and began making his way down to the dungeons. He doubted he'd finish Dracula before the detention was finished, but he brought the second book just in case.

The dungeons.. The place was so dank and just generally uncomfortable, but it was dark enough that Chayne could actually see rather well, so that at least was an upside. He'd be able to read in relative peace. He was just wondering if the robot that had caused this trouble would be around when he reached the detention room.
Chayne
Chayne

Height : 5'6'' / 168cm
Weight : 134lbs / 61kg

http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/gallery/31944486#/d4ms9cd

Back to top Go down

Injustice. Empty Re: Injustice.

Post  M.O.X.I Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:42 pm

20 minutes past noon.

Like any normal student suffering detention, MOXI was obliged to utilise the chairs that had been provided in the dungeon... were it possible at all for the robot to sit down. Probability of sitting while still preserving dignity - 0%. Given that its bottom half was composed of a chair anyway, it deduced that such a thing would be invariably redundant anyway.

It stood shock still in front of a desk. It was doing as it had been scheduled to do - sit through its own detention. A receipt was slowly churning out of the bottom of its head, printing out until it reached the surface of the desk. Then it kept going, gathering atop the desk in an impressive bundle. Every line printed was exactly the same.

'I WILL NOT VANDALISE STUDENT PROPERTY
I WILL NOT VANDALISE STUDENT PROPERTY
I WILL NOT VANDALISE STUDENT PROPERTY'

Then it stopped. Motion detected near entrance. Its eye swivelled around to look at the newcomer, zooming closely onto its face. Subject identified: Student Chayne. Chayne. CHAYNE.

Abandoning its desk, it immediately wheeled towards him. "LATE. LATE. LATE. LATE. LATE. LATE." It stopped before him, red eye shining fiercely. "LATE FOR DETENTION. 22 MINUTES AND 17 SECONDS OVER ASSIGNED DETENTION TIME. EXPLANATION IS COMPULSORY."
M.O.X.I
M.O.X.I
Admin

Height : 152 cm
Weight : 30 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/M-O-X-I-Reference-347994503

Back to top Go down

Post  Chayne Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:12 pm

And yes, the first thing Chayne saw upon opening the door was that defective robot from the ball.. Well it had assigned itself a detention as well. He had been able to see Moxi just fine too. At least, until it started shining that light in his eyes.

Initially, Chayne tried to cover his own eyes to keep the light out of them. When this had little to no affect though, he instead tried to block the light closer to its source, the robot's eye. He only furrowed his eyebrow's at Moxi's demands. Normally he would have felt bad for the substitute, but the thing didn't have sort of feelings. It was a confused, half-broken robot.

Anyway, if Moxi was on the wrong end of Chayne's frustration, it was it's own fault. He hadn't done anything to deserve being in detention to begin with. Chayne felt no obligation to answer the robot at all, however he had the sneaking suspicion that it likely wouldn't leave him alone until he did. "It's hard to get to places on time when you can't tell morning from dusk." It was a robot he was talking to. Chayne clarified further. "I was working on something and I lost track of time." He hated how generic the excuse sounded, but did the excuse really have to be legit anyway? The defective robot likely wouldn't forgive it one way or the other.

Chayne made his way to the desk furthest from the one covered in paper, assuming that to be the one that Moxi had claimed for itself. Once he sat down, he'd open Dracula to the page he'd left off on and focus on the story, resting his chin in the palm of his left hand.
Chayne
Chayne

Back to top Go down

Post  M.O.X.I Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:08 pm

Suddenly, there was a black splodge in its way. Vision reduced by 85% - eliminate source of obscuration. A laser fired at Chayne's hand, which proceeded to... do absolutely nothing to it. It ceased as the boy began talking.

It took a while to process whether his excuse was legitimate or not, and by that time, he had already taken his seat. Not that it realised. "ALARM CLOCKS ARE A RECCOMMENDED RESOURCE FOR KEEPING WITHIN SCHEDULES. DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN AGAIN, OR DETENTION TIME WILL BE MULTIPLIED."

After it stopped speaking, it looked down directly in front of it to find that there was nobody there. It raised its head, swivelling around to locate him. Unfortunately for the robot, the dark room meant a reduced visibility. Its eye light lacked the sort of brightness to make much of a difference at all. That, and the fact that Chayne had conveniently chosen to sit himself in the furthest, darkest corner of the room, meant only one thing.
Student Chayne was unable to be detected.

"WHERE DID YOU GO."
It scooted around, looking around desperately in completely the wrong direction.
M.O.X.I
M.O.X.I
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chayne Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:07 pm

Chayne only glanced up at the robot's advice. He felt it didn't apply to him anyway. It wouldn't happen again, because Chayne had no intentions of unfairly being given detentions again. As long as Moxi wasn't extending any detention time right this minute, then what it said didn't really matter.

Chayne refocused on his book for a moment until the robot spoke again. He held back the urge to laugh and give away his position, quietly trying to shift in his chair so that he could lean back. He'd use his book in some attempt to block his glowing eyes from the robot's sight. He tried to read again, the reason why he didn't just close his eyes altogether, but now he was too distracted to be able to.
Chayne
Chayne

Back to top Go down

Post  M.O.X.I Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:45 pm

The noise of metallic fingers pinging and scraping off the stone walls and desks could be heard as the robot frantically searched the room. It spun its head in several directions, trying to make out at least the recognisable face of a clearly disobedient student.

Then it stopped.
Night mode activated.
The world suddenly took on a greenish hue as the camera switched settings. What could barely be seen under the dim light took on a fuzzy, but discernible shape. And more importantly, a shape that seemed to stand out from the rows and columns of desks.

It calmly and slowly wheeled forwards towards the seated figure.
"CHAYNE. YOUR DECEITFULNESS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED."
It brandished its polished claws, which glinted in the distant light.
M.O.X.I
M.O.X.I
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chayne Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:02 pm

With the book directly in front of his eyes, Chayne couldn't see anything but blurry words at the moment. So instead he tried to listen for the sound of Moxi's wheels. They were definitely coming towards him. By the time he lowered his book in acceptance of the fact that he'd been found, the robot was already directly next to him, and the sound of its voice as well as the sight of the claws made him jump.

Within a second his expression changed from one of surprise to one of contempt. "What deceitfulness? I'm just reading. Quietly. In detention." From what he knew of detention, students were supposed to be quiet anyway. But then, Moxi wasn't technically a student. Well, student or not, Moxi was also technically serving a detention. One it had given to itself. He glanced up the claws. "What? Are you going to attack me again for no logical reason? For serving out my punishment like a good student?" Chayne was surprised at himself. He couldn't remember ever having such difficulty fighting off violent thoughts. He remembered he was speaking to robot and clarified. "Those are rhetorical questions, by the way. You shouldn't answer or act on them."

Chayne tried to look back at his book and focus on the story, but the words still didn't seem to be registering in his head. He would at least make it look like he was trying to read, however he didn't know how effective it would be.
Chayne
Chayne

Back to top Go down

Post  M.O.X.I Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:31 pm

The robot allowed the boy to finish speaking, clicking its fingers against each other in a manner that resembled impatience. It had already amassed a stash of answers to each and every one of his questions (and with a helping of snark to boot), but the last question threw it off.

You shouldn't answer or act on any of them.
It wasn't programmed to be rebellious, however, its systems reminded it that Chayne was a student, and MOXI was a dean. The orders were direct enough, but there was a layer of resistance. It beeped noisily, before its fingers clamped around the very book that the boy was holding, craning its neck down in a way that demanded attention.

"THIS IS DETENTION. READING IS A HOBBY, NOT A PUNISHMENT. MY REASONING IS LOGICAL."
With an extra arm, it reached into its own midsection, before removing a very tiny, lime green toothbrush, extending it down in front of his face. "SWEEP THE WALLS AND THE FLOORS WITH THIS BRUSH OR SUFFER GREATER CONSEQUENCES."
M.O.X.I
M.O.X.I
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chayne Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Chayne only lifted his eyes to meet the robot's single one when his book was grabbed. He glanced in the direction of the toothbrush as Moxi spoke. No. No, that wasn't happening. He'd done nothing to deserve that.

"There are some people that consider reading to be a punishment." Of course, he wasn't among them. He'd only said it to contradict the robot, get its circuits burning. "Besides, you're in detention too, aren't you?" He thought back to the day of the party. "Vandalizing student property, I think it was. Why don't you scrub the walls and the floors? You have a punishment to serve too."

Chayne tugged his book downwards to the desk, hoping to slip it out of Moxi's hold. Afterwards he'd hold it right back up in front of him and continue his attempts at reading. "Besides, I fail to see how scrubbing the detention room of all places would have me pay off whatever debt I owe to this school for the rule I never even broke."
Chayne
Chayne

Back to top Go down

Post  M.O.X.I Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:46 am

Its process muddled with all the statements that Chayne was passing. Reading, of course, was by no means a punishment in the robots dictionary. However, it was true that it was also serving detention, and should also be punished.

Its eye glanced back towards the bundle of receipts on the other table, scanning over it. 'Evidence of Punishment'. No longer did it feel under threat by its own rules. Its light flashed an angry red, its neck swivelling around to face the student again, forcing itself intrusively close to him.

"I WILL NOT OBEY STUDENT ORDERS. I AM A DEAN, AND YOU ARE AN IMBECILE." Its internal fans whirred noisily and judderingly. "YOU WILL SUFFER GREATER CONSEQUENCES."

It outstretched its claws, wriggling them in the dim light. With little warning, it reared its hand backwards, before lashing forwards to scratch the boy upwards by his cheek.
M.O.X.I
M.O.X.I
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chayne Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:22 pm

Moxi's eye grew bright enough to cause Chayne some minor discomfort in the darkness of the room, and he squinted the eye closer to it in frustration. He'd been just about to give a clever response when the robot's claw scratched across his cheek.

Chayne was quick to stand and take a few steps away from the robot at the assault, bringing his books with him. He touched his fingers to the offended cheek then held the hand out in front of him to see if any blood had come off on them. "What? You just scratched me." The pitch of his voice rose to show his outrage. "Isn't there a rule against that, or something?"

He didn't actually have to deal with this, did he? This would be the second time that this same robot had attacked him. There had to be a rule against this. He shouldn't have shown up. Really, he'd done nothing wrong to begin. No, he didn't have to do this.

Chayne opened his mouth to announce this, but opted instead to simply shake his head. He wasn't going to give Moxi something to respond to. Instead he just turned and made his way for the door. He'd take his chances with one of the other deans. One that could actually think for his or herself and see that he'd done nothing wrong from the start.
Chayne
Chayne

Back to top Go down

Post  M.O.X.I Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:37 pm

As the claws raked down the boy's cheek, the was no remorse. No regret. No feeling. It was just a pure and simple necessity. With the other claw, it grabbed the edge of its robes, before pulling it towards the other hand to rub it clean of student contamination.

As the boy started towards the door, MOXI kept its lenses locked on him the entire time. The pupil saw it fit to leave detention before his time was up. It hadn't granted him permission to do so, but it would keep a tab. The boy was in for punishment later.

He wasn't even present when the robot finally answered his question. "I AM A DEAN. I MAKE THE RULES."
It turned, and started to pick up the scrap receipts that it had churned out earlier.
M.O.X.I
M.O.X.I
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: