The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

A Question of Identity

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Question of Identity - Page 2 Empty Re: A Question of Identity

Post  Natan Isaac Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:07 am

Natan was halfway through chewing through the kipper as Sner made his inquiry. The inevitable awkward pause ensued as he finished chewing rather hastily. He did make use of this time to try to think of what to tell his coworker.
"Well, Ah didn' have no job back a' home, an' dis place was hiring. Dey liked my Hoodoo, an' dey were generous. 'Sides, it was nice to see some odder places"

He spoke and then made as if there was something interesting in the courtyard. Maybe not the... well, it was truth enough. He returned his gaze to Sner. "Ah bet de same goes for chew, unless dey have bird-men all ova England" He smiled a bit at the joke. Though from the other winged people at the castle, that might easily be the case. "But Ah shared, so howabou' chew? Why hea?"
Natan Isaac
Natan Isaac

Height : 170 cm
Weight : 62 kg

http://axleoflight.deviantart.com/art/Natan-Isaac-366107213?ga_s

Back to top Go down

Post  Sner Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:48 am

He listened with visible interest, looking away only once or twice to cut himself another slice. He followed his gaze when he looked to the courtyard, before returning a silent, inquiring look back at the janitor. Odd, but it did not prompt a remark if the janitor would not make one.

"England? I don't know of such a place," he said, his tone neutral. "Pardon, I wish I could answer your question simply, but things are never so simple, if you understand." He allowed a pause to guiltily hang for a moment, before he quietly spoke up again, feeling the need to at least return some sort of answer.  "You could say it was the call of duty...  I was sent here, and I believe that there must be a divine reason for that."  

He smiled weakly, jabbing the fork into the pancake to lift it. "It is funny though, isn't it? I ask because you look so human. And so many other people do, too. And I think to myself, 'why would they need to hide here?'" He left the question hanging with a shrug as he took the next bite.
Sner
Sner
Admin

Height : 183cm
Weight : 32kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Sner-367947900

Back to top Go down

Post  Natan Isaac Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:03 pm

Natan 'hmm!' 'd with interest at Sner's answer. He considered that Sner was toying with him, claiming ignorance of England. Other than that, the vagueness was a bit strange, but he understood some people were like that. But a reason for it... well, of course there was!

He returned a broader smile. "Ah suppose Ah look human couse Ah ahm human!" Natan took a small sip of water. "I tink not all of dem are hiding. Some of dem A tink are hea to learn what dey can do, in a safe place. And Ahm certainly not hiding. Its jus a good place to be"
Natan Isaac
Natan Isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sner Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:41 pm

As his colleague spoke, a thoughtful look crossed his face. “I suppose so… food, housing, and acceptance of whatever you happen to be,” he mused. "Much more difficult to find out there..."

He seemed as if he were about to add something else to it, but he shut his mouth, instead tapping lightly in his dinner plate with the end of his fork as he switched his gaze towards the the courtyard. The beauty that it contained too.... so wildly different from what he was used to.  This 'Scotland' was an astounding place. 'A good place to be'. A safe place?  He was yet to discover that.

"I'm sorry," he continued, "A kind man had told me that this was a place for 'outcasts'. I thought that he was referring to those who were not human... I had imagined there would be more of the monstrous type here, but plenty look as human as those out there."  He paused to rest his temple against the tips of his fingers.  "I just do now know what to think of them..." He prodded at the pancakes idly with the other hand.  "I am sorry to layer this on you, I have but known you for such a short time."
Sner
Sner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Natan Isaac Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:34 pm

For all that he reacted, the conversation might have been over as far as Natan was concerned. As Sner looked out the window, Natan's focus was on his food. He was quickly making progress through his plate, but put stopped as Sner spoke again.

"Hmm" he said in response, looking back to his plate. He started cutting up the remainder of the food, thinking for a moment. "Meybe, meybe...." he said. "Or meybe it is a place foa outliers. People who are too different from dose around dem." Natan glanced around the room. "Ah'm sure every one of dem has been called freak or monster, or someting." He gave his attention to cutting again. "Everyone is hea for a reason"
Natan Isaac
Natan Isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sner Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:05 pm

Different? The differences would shine in their own time, but he was yet to come across anything too significant... at least, below the surface, anyway. The words 'freak' and monster' caused a slight frown to slid on his face. And wouldn't he know...

"Yes. I agree." He continued to prod at the half-eaten pancakes, before finally resting the fork on the plate alongside it with a metallic click. He picked up the plate, before standing up himself. "I am likely thinking much too deeply about this. Forgive me, but I really must see to my job... I don't want to be behind on my first shift." He bowed his head towards Natan. "Thank you. Your company has been a blessing."
Sner
Sner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Natan Isaac Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:39 am

Natan raised his hand and nodded upwards in goodbye, as his mouth was full of food. A good talk overall, and an alliance might prove useful. Yes, overall a fine companion and co-worker. As Sner walked away, Natan continued working through his breakfast.
Natan Isaac
Natan Isaac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sner Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:18 am

There was little else to add. With another nod, he slid backwards a few steps, before twisting away to return to the office, plate in tow.  It had been a fruitful talk, anyway. Perhaps Charles had been wrong. Perhaps it would not be so difficult to gain allies here. Or perhaps this was just a lucky start.

The worst was yet to be seen.
Sner
Sner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down