The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Gone Down

Go down

Gone Down  Empty Gone Down

Post  Esteban Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:33 pm

((Continued from the Live Event, here and here.))

Kale: -Across the island had she dragged this boy's sorry arse, all the way with him rambling. All she wanted was to drop him over the side of the cliff and be done with it. However, she needed to get to the bottom of this in a relatively mature manner... why had she taken this school again?
Down into the dungeons, she made sure to descend the stone stairs slowly for him to hit every step. Choosing a cell that would suffice, Kale carted him behind the bars and  towards the shackles still long embedded in stone. He'd proven to be hostile, and she would not have him causing a fuss again so soon. Now...how to get his hands shackled without giving him an opening free from the net he was currently ensnared... Well, as she dropped him to the floor, she figured she'd think it over and rest a moment. The walk had been bothersome.-

Esteban: -while he wasn't particularly bothered about any of the obstacles she had dragged him through, he was bothered by the fact that his roaring rampage had been stopped after just one dumb kick. he'd made sure to roll as many obscenities in her direction as he could, instead, but now as he realized they were in the dungeons, he had gone silent, staring at the ceiling in thought. and then, he grinned- Ooh, so this be what we's doin'? All medieval style? To the dungeons with the cur! -he giggled, trying wriggling in the net again. it didn't have much effect.-

Kale: -She rolled her gaze.- Please, hardly a cur. More like a teething puppy. -her tone was low, but she figured making him seem like nothing would be the best way to get under his skin. At least, it would with her, so she assumed. Not like she really cared anyway.- Now. Are you going to behave yourself to some degree, or do I really have to go through the trouble of hanging you up against the wall?

Esteban: -he let out a canine snarl in response, briefly entertained with the thought. at the question, he looked to her, still grinning- Ima do whatever I want, shorty, and I have a feeling so will you. -he tried rolling, more just to try if he could than of any hope to escape- So less just get on with the 'fun' you promised, yo?

Kale: -Her face was unimpressed, and she stepped towards him. As he rolled, she raised a foot to place it on his chest, sharp talons curling in in silent threat.- If I was going to do what I wanted, things would be very different right now. Now. You killed the boy Owen?

Esteban: -he pouted a little at his attempt being stopped, but then the foot caught his attention. a weird half-bird foot on a woman's leg... crazy- Nice claws... -he followed the leg up to the face somewhere above, squinting- Yeah, you deaf? I said it before. -he raised his voice- Dunked his head in and kept it 'til he would breathe no mo!

Kale: -her gaze narrowed, and at his comment, the talons inched a bit tighter.- Why?

Esteban: -he glanced down to the talons again with a twisted smile- Ya gonna rip my heart out? That'd be a wicked cool sight.

Kale: -her eyebrow quirked up, as did the corner of her lips as if to smirk.- Yes, it would be. And it would be even more fun to try and do it in such a way as you would still be alive long enough to get a great look at it. However, I'm not to take the risk of letting you die just yet. So, no. I'm not.

Esteban: -he looked up, almost hopeful, smiling in anticipation -- when she finished, he rolled his eyes and let out a long sigh- 'Course you wouldn't. That'd be a good thing, and good things don' happen.

Kale: Now why would that be a good thing? -she placed hands on her hips as she leaned over him. What an odd child.-

Esteban: -he tilted his head a bit, giving her an askew look- Well we agreed it'd be wicked cool, yo? Green blood errywhere... you so wanna see that. -he raised an eyebrow, daring her to disagree- I wonder if I even got a heart... maybe it's just a huge throbbing dick. That'd make sense in their world.

Kale: -her expression returned to unimpressed.- It would be cool, but I've already seen it, just not in green. Besides, I doubt it'd be a penis, throbbing or not. Now, you never did answer my question: why did you kill Owen?

Esteban: -he narrowed his eyes, then spat- You ain't seen nothin'. I killed him, 'cuz I wanted to. I don't give a shit about your interview. What's it to you, anyway? Why'd you wanna know? What fucking difference does it make?!

Kale: And I don't give a shit about you. -she hissed angrily.- So stop giving me your opinions like I care and answer the damn questions obediently. I want to know because if I'm to run this school, I can't have the people living here killing each other! -she grit her teeth.- So now, why did you want to kill him?

Esteban: -he sneered, staring straight up at her- I don't give a shit about that either. He's dead, kill me, I'm dead too. There's your fucking problem solved.

Kale: -Her gaze narrowed further.- No. -she ground out, aiming to dig talons in before retracting them and lifting her foot from his chest.- No, you're not. Not yet. And it doesn't solve my problem that I now have a dead child on my hands. I don't need two.

Esteban: -he didn't even glance at the talons digging in, still looking up at her face with eyebrows raised in surprise. and then, he cackled- You... think I'm a child. That's really cute. You just don't get that I don't give a shit about your problems, or what you want, do you? I ain't doin' fucking shit for you, shorty, and the moment I can, I'll make all you bitches bleed. -he spat again-

Kale: I do. And I would think your act cute if I didn't find your immature snide remarks rather akin to sniveling and your tough boy 'don't-give-a-shit' routine dull and unimpressive. Yes, you are exactly like a child, acting out and rebelling in some pointless, regrettable way. -her expression was hard.- You may think yourself capable, but look. You are tied up, on the ground, injured, and defenseless in a holding cell. You are a beaten little snot, all talk and no backup. Really, what do you think you could possibly do? You think because you got Owen that you can get others? You are not the strongest nor the smartest on this island, I can guarantee that. The sooner you realize that you don't have any choices anymore, the easier it'll be on you.

Esteban: -as she went on, his expression went from annoyed, to bored, to angry again, and a furious sneer twisted his face and he- I don't give a flying fuck about any of that!! -he yelled, thrashing on the floor a bit- You think you can do anything to me that I'd give a fuck about? Do it! Try me! Ain't nothing not been done to me before! You think you're such a hard bitch, but you know you can't do shit to me.... -he trailed off, trying to catch his breath, then smirked- Yous as tied up as me.

Sner: *he was hurrying down the corridors as quickly as he could, a cracked white mask still on his face. He'd left the body with an odd monkey in the infirmary, and would've wanted to do more, if he weren't required to meet with the dean.  The dungeons, she'd said. He swung open the door with a slam, hurrying down the steps, and making a beeline towards where he heard the voices. He stopped at the entrance to the cell, doing his best to ignore what he'd just heard.* The boy's in the quarantine, ma'am.

Kale: -she went silent as his words and her gaze on him was hard, restrained. A rigidly controlled breath was taken to try and calm down from doing anything rash, but this boy did get under her nerves.- That's exactly why...I'm not going to do anything. Don't you understand? -she voice was quiet, and she turned to Sner after he reported. She nodded.- Thank you.

Esteban: -he snorted- Yea I do! You wanna see the real blood, but you ain't gon', cuz you /gotta run the school/, oh-oh. -his tone was mocking- 'Sides, it'd be good, and nothin' good happens... -he trailed off, looking in the direction of the new arrival, and seeing the cracked mask, let out a shrill laugh- Lemme atcha, I'll finish what I started! -he struggled against the net-

Sner: *his eyes flicked between the prisoner and the dean - obviously he'd interrupted some sort of lengthy discussion. Nodding in brief acknowledgment to Kale, he squinted at the boy's rather feeble threats. He sighed, looking to him, but addressing the harpy.*  What is it you're planning to do with him? Leave him there to rot?

Kale: -she found it best to ignore him, as Sner had, lest she do something violent.- I'm considering it. -her tone was dry as she cast a glance at Esteban before looking back at Sner.- So far, he's only told me that he killed Owen because he wanted to. You saw more of the situation, though. Do you have any suggestions for me to take into consideration?

Esteban: -he narrowed his eyes- Now you gon' talk like I ain't here, huh? Well all the better for me, don't have to listen to you boring suckers no mo'. -with a strained groan, he wiggled his legs and pushed with his shoulders as much as he could, and with the second attempt managed to flop himself over to his side -- away from the two. a grumble could be heard.-

Sner: *he had his opinions, but withheld them, sensing that the moment was not opportune. The next subject had already arisen, which was more important for the time being. He tore his glance from the boy to face Kale fully to reply.* It would not surprise me... Obviously, he's intent on causing harm. I suggest that he should be kept out of reach and locked up, lest he cause more harm. *in retrospect, it seemed obvious...*

Kale: -Yes. Exactly like a child. She refrained from rolling her gaze at Esteban. But her expression remained unimpressed. Of course he was to be locked up...but what else could they do?- Yes, but we can't hold him here forever...-she trailed off.- Well, I guess we could... or at least a very long time.

Esteban: -he was going to not listen, but there was really precious little to do beside that. the dungeon provided no distractions from the annoying voices.- Yo, like, until I die? Try an' make me live longer than a week. Just try. -he chuckled. and then, he'd die, and he'd be free to wreck shit again... just a little bit more waiting. he hated waiting.-

Sner: Anything to keep him causing trouble out there. *he motioned over his shoulder. Simply killing him off would be the easier, merciful option, in more than one way, and Sner preferred that choice over all others. But death was to be avoided here...* Perhaps looking after him would be a fitting punishment for others.  *he refused to even look in the direction of the grounded boy. He wouldn't encourage him...*

Kale: No. I would hate for a misstep of a child being punished to allow for him to escape. But...perhaps with a supervisor, cleaning up after him might suit. And, we'll need the doctor down here frequently to make sure he stays alive. -she did cast a glance to the boy, giving him his answer in that. Oh, she would try.- And maybe Rendaz would be favorable to making something to increase restraint for everyone's safety, even if at cost to comfort for him.

Esteban: -he listened with one ear, focused more on fantasizing about what he'd do if he was free -- and how he would spit and fight with whomever came to 'take care' of him -- when the realization of the dullness of the dungeons hit upon him, together with something akin to dread. doing... completely nothing, in a dark, quiet room, unable even to scratch his stupid ass. he had thought they had done everything they could, but it seemed that there was always one more level of cruelty, one more step upwards, it was never going to end. something between a stifled laughter and a sob escaped him. he wanted to swear and throw threats, to struggle -- but couldn't, overpowered by the even stronger desire to just curl up and die. and not wake up.-

Sner: *he held in his sigh, simply listening to her instructions. This seemed... cruel. And that wasn't to say that this Esteban hadn't been cruel, but this was paying back what he'd done in double. He looked towards him, unable to tell whether it were laughter or crying... but either didn't seem to matter. He looked back at Kale.* That's all very well... But why are you so intent on keeping him alive?

Kale: -That noise from Esteban. That was what she missed and that was what she was aiming for here. A hard bitch indeed. Pain was hardly just physical. She slowly moved her gaze between the two males.- Simple really. -despite the quiet tone, there was vehemence of a chord struck within the harpy.- Death is too easy. It's an escape, not a punishment.

Esteban: -he snorted, and pushed with his knee against the cold floor to turn over to his back limply and mutter towards the ceiling in a dead tone- Ain't never been no escape for me.

Sner: *Sner opened his mouth, and had to restrain himself to stop the onslaught of problems he had with what Kale had just said. A fight between his obligation to obey the word of authority and his inner judge. He took a breath, and thought it over carefully.* Are we a sanctuary or a prison, ma'am? Are we guardians or barbarians? *his gaze lingered on her a moment more* We best do what is necessary...  not fulfill some mad revenge... at our own cost.

Kale: -Large wings made a rustling noise as feathers shifted with a flick. Her expression and tone were flat, words were careful as if talking to someone who had not yet figured something obvious out yet.- That depends on who you ask, so naturally, we are both. -she took a step forward, the air seeming a bit heavier as she narrowed her gaze on Sner a bit with a chill.- But I shall ask you again, since you seem so opinionated: What would you have me do with him, then? You said we should lock him up before, is that not what I have proposed?

Esteban: -his eyes opened wide as the feathery man disagreed with the woman. they were all barbarians, barbarians in a prison, but the argument gave him some hope... which was, certainly, the intended effect, just to make his suffer when it was dashed. he flopped back down to the floor- Kill him. I vote for kill him. And nuke the fucking island, maybe that will help.

Sner: *He didn't like her tone - though, then again, it was difficult to find much of anything to like about her. And he didn't necessarily want to do exactly what the prisoner asked. it was a tricky situation, but he maintained a steady gaze on the harpy* You may do what you wish, and I will not stand in your way. I only offer my honest opinion. *it was difficult to hide the bitterness in his voice*

Kale: -a look almost of disappointment passed over her features. Did no one stand up for anything anymore? Was everyone so passive and content to be a sheep? I mean, of course she could do what she wished, but the man should at least have some backbone. She eyed his bird form with some growing disgust, finding him ill fit to wear any sort of predator's skin.- And I have just asked for it. I didn't ask if you would stand against me or not, though thank you for that reassuring answer. I asked what you would do with the boy if it were up to you entirely. Or are you saying you are ill fit to advise? Because honestly, the boy's vote is sounding rather appealing. -the last sentence was a dry, sarcastic humor.-

Esteban: -he was trying to listen to the argument, but slowly, he felt his attention slipping away. what did it matter? he couldn't affect it in any way, the argument was just arranged to give him that false hope. he wasn't going to give in. he wasn't. he had already given in. he laughed airily- Yes, kill the boy, but you can't kill the boy, can make the green flow, but it's not gonna kill 'im, he will make the red flow instead, your pretty red, that... fucking fake red of you... you... -he trailed off into incoherent mumbling-

Sner: *he didn't remove his gaze from the harpy, noting her change in expression with full attention. The leaders he worked for here...  Obviously, this place was indeed his calling. He sighed, keeping his expression straight - his mask felt invisible under that stare.* I would speak to him, I would see if there is any hope of redemption, and if I find there is none, I would personally send him off. *his voice remained forcibly calm* Don't think that I have never been in these situations before. *he glanced away to squint at Esteban from aside*

Kale: -her eyebrows angled slightly.- Fine, but do not you make that same mistake either. -she straightened her posture and took a few steps back, gesturing a hand out towards Esteban in a 'have-at' way, seeming to point out the mumbling mass as if to prove her point.- But by all means, though contrary to my experience, if yours says that you'll get something useful out of him in this state, then go for it. Talk to him and search for your redemption.

Esteban: -he wasn't listening, or thinking much, for that matter, just lost in the images in his mind, in the overwhelming red, in all the things that he wanted to do but couldn't, all of which pulled him against the restraints, all to no effect, only to make him feel about to burst. some noises were being made, but they were not words.-

Sner: *quietly wishing Kale to silence already, he squinted at the boy, and had to scoff aloud at her suggestion, his patience snapping.* Ma'am, we have literally just beaten him within an inch of his life and dragged him halfway across the island in nothing but some old net. I do not think anyone would be up for a down-to-earth talk.

Kale: -Oh, of all the--! Kale closed her eye to reign in her temper. God, the incompetence around her.- I know. -her words were carefully placed.- That was part of my point. -she sighed and shook her head.- Okay, listen, we're all tired. I say we lock him up, get the doctor down to see him, because regardless of anything else I'm not going to let him just bleed down here. You should get yourself looked at as well, and we'll revisit him when perhaps he has calmed. -she hated being responsible sometimes. She hated everything, sometimes.-

Esteban: -slowly, his attempts at fighting the net ceased again. it was hopeless, there was no hope, he couldn't afford hope. and he was, after all, exhausted, as if drained of energy... not caring about what was being said anymore, as he knew his fate would be horrible, regardless, he allowed himself to slip into a sort of half-doze, chapped lips parting as his head rolled to the side.-

Sner: *his talons scraped slightly against the stony floor as he tightened them, trying his best not to outwardly express his annoyance.  And she was missing /his/ point, apparently. He consoled himself with thoughts of offering her a drink.... a handmade drink... Yes.  He looked to Esteban.  Well, he wasn't going anywhere...  He returned his empty gaze to Kale.* Of course. And you should rest too.  Ma'am.

Kale: -as the noise from Esteban's movement stopped, it drew Kale's attention and she looked over. Hm.. Did she care? Perhaps she did a couple of minutes ago. She let her gaze stop at Sner on its way towards the door. Her shoulders shifted down, spine seeming to settle a little less rigid. Her scoff didn't have enough behind it to be more than a strong drift of air out of her mouth.- Yeah. That'd be nice. -Her tone didn't hold much hope for it though. Perhaps one day she would. And with that, she turned to the door. There were things that needed doing.-
Esteban
Esteban
Admin

Height : 171
Weight : 60

http://roqi.deviantart.com/art/Esteban-AALC-326126981

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum