The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

A new roommate?!

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A new roommate?! Empty A new roommate?!

Post  Owen Mueller Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:58 pm

The door to his dorm was closed shut behind him as Owen returned from his expedition. Said expedition was merely a trip to the vestibule to check his assigned roommate, but at the very least it was enough of a distance to name it so. Panting, he'd managed to trudge across the room and practically flop himself onto it, placing his crutches to the side. It took him a few moments to realise that now probably wasn't the best time to drift off, and he instead pulled himself into a sitting position.

Rein... That was the name written next to his. It seemed familiar, but he couldn't quite put his finger on it. Was it that guy from the caves? The one with the skeletons? He seemed nice, but he couldn't be sure if he wanted his dorm smelling of death all the time.

His dorm? He'd be sharing this place now. It was a tricky concept to grasp. This had been his safe haven until now, how would it be with someone else living in it? As he glanced around, for the first time during his stay, Owen actually felt somewhat inclined to tidy his cesspit of a room. Crumpled magazines, papers, crumbs, and a few old bandages lay scattered around the floor. The other bed - his roommates bed - had been robbed of its blankets and pillows, which was instead greedily hoarded by Owen. And where would he sleep?

Panicking slightly, Owen didn't know where to start. A pillow was plucked from his bed and tossed in the general direction of the other bed. It missed and fell past it. The crutch was scrooped off the floor and he soon used it to nudge some of the junk under his own bed, the only ideal hiding place. It was a slight improvement. Satisfied with a job well done, he lay back. Hopefully he wouldn't be too disappointed.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Height : 165cm
Weight : 90kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/Owen-AALC-273363096

Back to top Go down

A new roommate?! Empty Re: A new roommate?!

Post  Rein Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:32 am

Rein walked down the hall with a small slip of paper. On it was written a room and another name in neat cursive. This was his assigned room and the name of his new roommate. 'Owen', huh? Rein vaguely remembered that name, but couldn't place a face to it yet. He had seen many people here, but had not gotten to know really any of them.

The tall boy, with only a single traveling case, made his way down the hall. He was wearing his dark grey skinny jeans and his light green shirt, hair pulled up into a messy bun with strands escaping and looping around his face. His silvery glowing eyes counted the doors on his way down.

Almost passing the door, Rein paused and approached it. He quickly looked down the hall both ways and, seeing no one, knocked his knuckles lightly on the wood. His room or not, he hadn't officially moved in yet and he didn't want to just prance in like he owned the place. He didn't really need the room for many purposes either, just a place to sit comfortably to stay the night and leave most of his stuff. A desk really was what he needed. That, and he was eager to meet this 'Owen'. He hoped he had the right room.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Height : 185 cm (6'1")
Weight : 67 kg (147 lbs)

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:30 am

The knock on the door caused him to raise his head. He's here, he thought, panicked. His hands skimmed across the bedsheets as if he was looking for something, anything that would aid him. He thought about walking over to the door to greet him, but that idea was dismissed almost as soon as he'd thought of it.

"Uh... come in?" After scrambling with the covers and the pillows on his bed, he soon winded up chillin' casually on the mangled heap, cool and calm as could be. A hand was brought up to tame the wild mess of hair on his head, but it refused to improve. He was looking towards the door now, awaiting 'Rein's entrance, hoping to give off a rather suave first impression.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:40 am

The door cracked open and a particularly androgynous head poked in, long hair falling over the shoulder as it draped from the hair-tie that couldn't quite control it. His silver eyes found Owen on the bed and a sincere smile was quick to follow. First impression: Owen certainly looked like a cool guy, and he did seem vaguely familiar.

"Hello. You must be Owen? I think I'm you're new roommate, Rein." The tones in the voice echoed slightly, as if coming through a tunnel. He pushed open the door and stepped in almost meekly, revealing a thin and stocky frame of a boy. Looking around the room with open interest, he didn't seem bothered by the mess, just rather curious. He held his bag behind him with both hands, a little unsure on where to go or what to do. The room was definitely well live in, and Rein hated to intrude on that.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:03 pm

Owen tried to hide his surprise as Rein entered, smirking smugly in recognition. Truth was, he hadn't actually believed his assumptions of Rein's identity to be true. Besides, this was his first time seeing him properly - the other time being in a dimly lit cave where he couldn't see him too well. He hadn't realised the hair had been that long, and his eyebrow was slightly raised as he looked at it.

"Yeah," he proclaimed, still leaning back. '"Sup?" Rein didn't seem too disappointed about the room which was always a relief. But he did look confused, and Owen realised at that point he should probably introduce him to the room. "So uh," he pointed towards the drawer across the room. "I don't use that drawer so you can... put stuff in it." He pointed towards the other bed. "And that bed's... yours..." He frowned. "I lost the covers so you're gonna hafta find some other one..." Truthfully, he didn't want to admit that he'd hogged it for himself.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:33 pm

Rein gave Owen an apologetic smile think that he must look so stupid right now, standing by the door like an idiot...uh, making friends was almost a painful task with how much he failed....

'sup?' What was sup, again? Oh, he probably should have been studying more language skills. Well....when in doubt in a meeting...repeat, right?

"Sup." He glanced to the side awkwardly. Before he looked around the room to spot the drawers. He nodded and crossed over to them, being careful not to step on anything that may or may not be important to his new roommate. Settling on the floor, Rein cleared a small space to set his suitcase, kneeling next to it. At the question of missing covers he looked over, glancing to the bed and laughing lightly.

"Ah, it's quiet alright. In fact, we can removed that bed for more space if you want." He shrugged lightly and turned back to his suitcase, unclasping it. "By the way, you seem very familiar, didn't I meet you in the caves during that event or something?"

He looked up sharply, remembering.

"Oh, weren't you the one the skeleton had a particular liking to?"
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Owen noticed how embarassed Rein seemed to look, and he really couldn't blame him. He'd already 'customised' the room to his own standards, so of course it would feel like an intrusion. Owen knew that he'd be not much better when placed in the same situation. He thanked his lucky stars that he wasn't.

"You mean remove the bed?" he echoed, dropping his 'cool' facade in his bout of confusion. He quickly resumed leaning back into his shrine of pillows of covers. "Where exactly you gonna sleep..."

As Rein brought up the embarrassing past event, his face immediately felt warm. "No," he said bluntly, his eyes searching the floor for something else in the room to distract him with. "That wasn't me... that was... someone else." He remembered it well - too well, infact. That nibble on the shoulder was no more appreciated than a splitting headache.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:42 am

Rein blinked. Had he the wrong person in mind? He could have sworn that this boy was the one who the skeleton had liked...oh, well it had been dark and he had been preoccupied trying to revive the skeleton after all.

"Oh...well, that's good, I guess." He smiled and lifted the top of his suitcase, he removed something wrapped carefully in a grey shirt. Gently unwrapping it revealed it to be a skull, whose eye sockets started up a dim silvery glow the same as Rein's, as if waking. "I was a bit worried that if you had been the one who he liked before if it would cause problems. But, we'll just have to see. Hopefully it'll all be fine." He turned and smiled innocently up at Owen, completely oblivious to the fact that a skeleton in a suitcase might be weird to some people.

"And an armchair should be fine for me, I don't sleep, so the bed might be just in the way, unless you want it for something." The long haired boy placed the skull in his lap lovingly, placing a thin hand over it. "I do not actually need much at all, I hope not to get in your way or intrude on your space."
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:22 am

Did Rein really believe him? He blinked a few times in confusion, before his expression settled into a smug smirk. This was easier than he thought it would be. Rein seemed to be of the agreeable type - something which he appreciated at this point of time. He'd been looking forward to meeting someone that was neither a girl nor openly gay.

His grin faltered at the sight of the skull. A real skull. With glowing eyes. "...Ah, right...S'cool..." No, it wasn't cool. He was not willing to share his dorm with a dead man that may or may not have a lust for him. His expression became morbid at the thought.

"You don't sleep? Do you just like, stay up all day or somethin'..?" He wasn't too keen on the thought of someone looking over his shoulder all the time when he was sleeping. "And whats with the dead stuff anyway?" His nose was scrunched up distatefully. "S'kinda... creepy." Understatement of the week.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Rein laughed lightly, the sound a little haunting as it echoed ghostly.

"No, I don't need to sleep at all, but I figure I can leave the room for the night while you sleep. I usually just read through until morning and I can do that in the library." He shrugged and stood, walking over to Owen on the bed and holding out the skull, rather like a kid showing off his pet cat and asking if you wanted to pet it. "Dead things like me, like Jim here, he's adorable."

Really all the skeleton ever did was stand in the corner. He was too brittle to really do anything else. He just stood...and stared. Sometimes he would move to another corner, but he would never really mess with anything.

Rein smiled warmly, but eyed Owen's crutches a little curiously.

"What happened?"
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:42 pm

Owen nodded slowly as Rein assured him about the sleeping dilemma. He was slightly wary that the boy wouldn't stick to his word - and besides, it wasn't just during the night that he slept. He wasn't too bothered by this though - he'd slept in public many times before.

He made a face as the skull approached him, looking to Rein skeptically. "...You called it Jim?" he snorted. The skull was pretty weird, he admitted, but Jim, Jim, of all names, why Jim? If he'd had the choice, he'd call it Death Eater or Skulllar or at least something that would strike fear and badassery into the hearts of others. Jim, was, well... lame.

'Adorable' wasn't the first thought to cross his mind as the skull was held out towards him, but he digressed, reaching an arm out to pat it anyway. He seemed reluctant at first, and the doubtful look didn't leave his mind as his fingers traced over the old bone. He eyed it paranoidly, wondering if it'd suddenly reach up and bite him.

He was confused at Rein's question, until he followed his line of sight towards the crutches. "I..." he began, before pausing to think for a second, then restarting. "I got into a fight. There was blood everywhere, y'know? And this guy being a total jerk to my girl, so I totally owned him." He pulled his injured foot towards him to show - still covered in bandages. "Lost a bit of my foot, but you gotta make sacrifices."

The stream of lies was almost painful to tell, but he wasn't about to tell him how embarassed and humiiliated he'd been during the fight. He looked away, looking somewhat unwilling to continue pressing the matter.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:39 pm

"Yes. Jim. I had to call him something, and it seemed good enough." Rein smiled. "He doesn't do much, but once I reassemble him, he's actually a descent thing to have around. I'll admit to having used him as a coat hook once or twice." Rein smiled, pleased that Owen wasn't squeamish.

The skull clicked it's jaw once, but otherwise made no movement to Owen touching it. It just stared, like it always did. Rein looked to the bandaged foot to the crutches and back, smile slipping.

"It's a shame it doesn't go back to the way it was. But...it was big of you to stand up for the girl. That covers any hit he got in on you, I think." Rein himself was one to take hits rather than deliver and often felt it was the harder to do. "You must really like her, to fight for her like that." He tucked a piece of hair behind his ear and, placing the skull carefully on the bed next to Owen, went back to his case to unpack the rest of Jim and place his clothes in the drawer. "She goes to this school then?"
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:30 pm

"Uh huh..." Owen pulled his hand away from the skull, rubbing it over his shirt as if to rid himself of some disease. Whatever messed up fetish Rein had, he certainly didn't want any part in it. It was unnerving how casually Rein would talk about a decapitated skeleton head with glowing eyes, and Owen found himself unable to think of a good retort.

His face felt hot, and he casually raised a hand to his cheek in some attempt to coneal it. "W-well, yeah. 'Course I do." It wasn't a lie, but he did wonder if Rein intended 'love' rather than 'really like'. His feelings had been rather muddled, and lately, he'd found he'd been trying to avoid her for the simple reason of being unable to initiate any conversation more intruiging than the weather. His words always seemed to be lost around her.

His reaction to Rein's latter question was delayed. "...She does," eyeing Rein with slight suspcion before he paused in thought to something that he'd mentioned earlier. "Whaddya mean by 'go back the way it was' anyway?" He'd normally not call attention to such details, but the way Rein had said it had almost implied that it was normal, and it made him curious.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:50 am

Rein turned to look at Owen, smiling slightly apologetic, though thoroughly amused.

"I haven't met many people here yet, so I probably don't know her." He said, wondering if Owen was maybe worried about him telling the girl that he liked her. Although, if they were going out, then he shouldn't be concerned about anything like that. He finished putting his clothes away and looked at the pile of bones. Humming, he picked them up and deposited them into the bottom drawer that he had let empty, sliding it closed. "There, I can keep my stuff disassembled and in there, just in case your girlfriend come in to see you. I don't want to scare her by accident until I've met her." He chuckled and returned to the bed to pick up the skull, cradling it in his arms. He gave Owen a strange look at the question.

One one hand, Rein was willing to tell Owen that he didn't sleep or eat. After all, as roommates, he would notice eventually. But, the whole immortal bit, maybe not yet...

"Well, I mean simply that your foot will never look the same again. It will not heal back to the point where you can not tell you had been injured. You will have a scar." His hand came up to scratch his neck distractedly and he frowned. He had gotten partially decapitated by the ballroom chandelier earlier, he was glad his neck had gone back to the way it had been, frankly...
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:31 pm

Seeing the boy humming like a wonderful spring morning while shoving the remains of the deceased into some old drawers was nothing short of flat-out disturbing. He presumed it was a sight he would have to get used to. The embarrassment was wearing off, but it came right back as Rein brought up the subject again. "Wh-what? I'm not-- We're-- We don't--" Unable to spit the words out, he tried to gesture... something with his hands, but even he wasn't quite sure what motion he was trying to make. "S'not my girlfriend," he finally stated, perhaps a bit too bluntly for his own good.

Rein's comment about his foot was a rather depressing one, and he found himself frowning rather miserably after he'd finished. "Yeah, I know." Heck, he wasn't even certain if it would heal at all. What if he'd be stuck on crutches forever? Too much had been happening lately, it almost seemed rather surreal. He exhaled deeply, before giving a sidelong glance back towards the drawers. "Could always use a spare foot from your little stash there," he joked, unable to keep a rather bitter tone out of his voice.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Raising an eyebrow at the stuttering, Rein smiled down at Owen in an amused fashion. He may not look it, but Rein was 47, old enough to think that Owen's embarrassment over girls was quite amusing. He tilted his head to the side innocently.

"Sorry to misunderstand. You called her 'my girl' earlier...I had assumed..." He flipped a hand nonchalant as he trailed off. "Well, never you mind, your friend then." He smirked knowingly.

He paused a moment, blinking once after Owen made the joke about borrowing a foot, but no smile crossed his face. Instead, a thoughtful look came upon him as he silently turned to look at the drawer. The bones wouldn't work, but...he lit up in realization, literally. His eyes glowed a brilliant silvery lilac, the skull's following suit, as he grinned widely. Turning to Owen in excitement, he started.

"You could! I mean, skeletal wouldn't work, but if I got one that still had ligaments, tendons and muscles, then maybe! It'd also need to be fresh enough to have working vessels and non-suicidal cells, but I could probably attach it to your leg. I've made a full person before, although it might take awhile to make the foot work properly..." He paused, thinking again. "Also...I made that girl out of all dead tissue...I'm not sure how your live tissue would respond to the dead tissue...it might reject it violently." He trailed off again, tapping his chin lightly with a slender finger, loosing some excitement as he tried to figure out a way it could be pulled off. "But, I could try. It would certainly be an interesting experiment."
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:38 am

Owen crossed his arms somewhat angrily, feeling almost belittled by his roommate. Was he mocking him? Of course, it had been his own fault for implying that they were together anyway, but he didn’t want to take the blame for his own mishap.

And not even his lame joke earned even a smirk from him. Ten minutes in and things were already turning out badly. The dull glance he was currently giving the boy twisted into mild surprise at the glowing eyes. He felt more unnerved than relieved at the grin.

Of course, Owen reacted badly to his proposition. His jaw gaped, half disgust, half awe, half what-the-heck-is-this-guy-talking-about. A prosthetic foot was one thing, but a dead zombie foot hanging off his leg was more than a little morally wrong. He pictured a rotting piece of flesh hanging helplessly on, worms squirming through the flesh, and bones prodding through the weak skin. He wanted to reject the idea recently, but the grief of trundling through the academy with little more than half a foot was a little more than he could handle, and he was inclined to listen out on him, despite his revolt at it.

He tried to nod in vague understanding, but his neck refused to move. He tried to smile, but his lips twitched downwards in some sort of messed up half-frown half-smile. “...Yeaahh... So what you’re saying is ...I’m gonna have some dead guy’s foot... ...And that there’s gonna be absolutely nothing wrong with that?” His tone of voice was laced with suspicion – he doubted such a thing would actually work out.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Brightly glowing eyes blinked once before Rein laughed.

"Well, of course not. Why is it any different from a kidney or a heart transplant? It's a perfectly useful organ whose original owner happens to have died. Why does that mean it should not benefit you? And besides, it wont be dead anymore, that's the point of necromancy..." He paused, loosing some of his large smile. "Although, it will need maintenance...so you know...it doesn't start to poison you." Rein looked off to the side a moment sheepishly, but bounced back quickly, smile returning. He backed up to the other bed, the one that would hove been his had he needed it, and sat down, pulling up his long thin legs to cross in front of him with the skull sitting comfortably in his lap.

"Well, another day perhaps, there was an accident and I don't think I should be doing anything so tricky until it's stable again. As awesome as it would be to add you to my collection if you died, I'd feel bad about it if it was my fault." He tilted his head and smiled innocently, apparently seeing nothing wrong at all with that statement.

"So, how about we just get to know each other for now...like, what do you like to do in your spare time? Or, why did you come to the island?"
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:41 am

It seemed, for a brief moment, that Owen almost accepted Rein’s idea of some sort of transplant. He hadn’t thought of it that way – and he seriously considered going through with it, whatever the risk. However, that line of thought quickly corrupted at Rein’s following statement, to which Owen gave him a deadpan stare. Any vantage that his idea had reaped so far was quickly washed down the drain.

His blank expression turned to something a bit more offended as he carried on. He seemed a bit too pleased at the concept of him dying, and he certainly had no intention of being another set of bones to whatever perverted collection his roommate had. Was he trying to creep him out on purpose, or did he genuinely think that such a claim would be a brilliant way to reassure him? If it were jest, he disapproved of it. He didn’t find it funny at all.

The question gave him an excuse not to respond to it. “I, uh...” Truth was, most of his time was spare time, and he hardly did anything worthy of mentioning. Sleep, eat, maybe stare at the wall, maybe loiter around the campus. Proffessions and interests? His mind blanked. Heck, even his desire to be guitarist would fall flat on its face – he couldn’t play for crap. “...I hang around.” He shrugged. “Parents sent me here. Dropped out of school early, so they signed me up for this place instead. They seemed pretty glad to get rid of me.” He blinked, looking to Rein. He’d almost felt inclined to return the question, but truthfully, he didn’t want to know what Rein got up to.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:52 am

In his own mind, Rein had found nothing wrong with the conversation they had been having. He had a very open view about life and death and it honestly didn't bother him. Sometimes, he even thought the dead were better company. Though, he was finding that Owen was generally easy to talk to. The long haired boy had been worried about meeting his roommate, concerned to get someone who would be scared of him or his zombies, or someone disgusted. Owen was seeming to be open and generally uncaring about them. Rein didn't require the boy to like them, but not outright hating them or disgusted with them was a plus. Maybe in time, Rein could get the boy to even like them. His smile widened at this thought. Yes, if he was okay with zombies, he might be open to what Rein actually was.

"Hang around...sounds...interesting." He raised an eyebrow. He didn't understand teenagers when he was a teenager, and they seemed to just get more and more confusing with time. "Well, at least it seems we are here for the same reason. High school was a dull." Sure, it had been fun sometimes, but going through again and again because he had never aged was a bore after awhile. He had practically memorized the classes. The thing was, he didn't want to hide away, he liked being in a community. He had gone to high school eight times. Eight, four-year highschools. His parents, who had eventually had to pass as grandparents, finally decided that there had to be another option. That's when they had found the Academy here. "I had..eventaully dropped out of school as well. My parents sent me here to 'find people more like myself'." He smiled a bit sadly. So far, he had already found one other immortal, but he didn't quiet know what to do. It was apparently a lot harder than he had thought.

"So, that's one thing we have almost in common, at least. Shall we try to find something else? A common ground would be a good place to start." God, he was horrible at making friends. "Lets see. I like...well, zombies. But I love reading and playing the cello, baking, cooking in general even though I can't eat it..." The long haired boy trailed off, tapping a long finger to his lips in thought. What else did he like to do? He didn't really know. He finally shrugged. "I guess most of my time caters to Neferure. I'm usually reading, or cooking or baking desserts for her or doing what she wants me to." He chuckled quietly.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Rein didn't seem to find the concept of 'hanging' that interesting, and as a matter of fact, neither did Owen. However, nothing else adequate enough had come to mind. Resting a cheek on his hand, he listened quietly as Rein spoke, trying to look interested, but unable to stop the drooping of his eyelids. "Yeah," he muttered in mutual agreement about high schools. "More people like yourself? I bet they just wanted you to move out so they'd have an extra bedroom... or some crap."

As Rein drawled off the list, Owen waited, tapping his fingers boredly. An eyeroll was suppressed at the remark about 'zombies', and he remained quiet. However, and the I can't eat it comment baffled him, and he raised a brow. What, did he poison his own food? Or perhaps his meals were so unsanitary that they'd be only fit for the deceased. Whatever they were, he apparently fed them to some other chick with a strange name. "Who's... Neferooh?" He looked at him quizzically. "Is she... with you?" Hoping Rein would pick up the implications behind the question, he continued to address him. "You can play the cello too?" He peered as if to see if the instrument was lying about some place. "Its cool... I play the guitar." No you don't, you liar. His conscience would make him feel so guilty sometimes, but he figured that he at least needed something to redeem himself with.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:12 am

Rein went quiet as he watched Owen tire. He was almost fascinated by the bored look and they way his eyes seemed to want to slip closed. He looked tired...and Rein wondered, he didn't remember what that felt like.

"Not exactly. I wanted to leave too. We all knew I couldn't live there anymore, what with having to watch them all and all the zombies popping up. It was...hard to explain if any corpses were ever seen trying to follow me." He smiled sheepishly. Though it widened at the mispronunciation of his best friend's name.

"Neferure. Yeah, she's with me." He shrugged, but then paused and blinked, seemingly finally catching on. "Wait, I mean, she came here with me, she was living with me before we came here to the island..." Something of panic seemed to cross his expression and he lifted his hands to wave them frantically in the negative. "Oh! No, nononono no. I created Nef. Like...literally, I sewed her body back together- well I used her own body and attached it to a lion, it was a very stressful situation- but this is the Neferure." He spoke quickly. "The Egyptian princess of the eighteenth dynasty. She was the daughter of two pharaohs, Hatshepsut and Thutmose the second. I brought her back after she was mummified, but she is definitely not with me. We're just friends." He quickly glanced around warily, like she would suddenly appear to make fun of him. When he didn't see her, he seemed to deflate a bit from his nervous high-strung air, leaning to rest his elbows om his knees. Rein latched on to the new topic eagerly.

"Yeah. Cello, I've had it for years, I love stringed instruments. I admit to not having learned guitar yet though." He smiled and tucked a piece of hair behind his ear. "We should play together some time perhaps. I haven't brought it up yet though, it's still down in the music room."
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:51 pm

"Uh huh..." Not so similar after all - at the very least, Owen hadn't recalled a horde of zombies trailing after him while he still lived in America. Neither was his departure very willing nor his parents very supportive. No matter what, they still seemed as different as night and day. The only similarities Owen could determine was that they were both male, and even then, Owen had reason to doubt even that. A hairstyle like that wasn't something he saw on a casual basis.

Is rather frenzied explanation of his friend amused him, before stopping short at his brief description at him. "W-wait, she's that lion girl?" An eyebrow raised in disbelief. "And she's seriously, like royalty or something?!" His memories of her weren't as positive as they could've been - he remembered rudely dismissing her aid after a rather embarrassing tantrum of his. He sorely hoped that she wouldn't recall it - he remembered Rein had been there too. Thankfully, he had been in lizard form, neither of which they would recognise, nor would he intend on using it any time soon. But no matter what why he looked at it, the fact remained true - he'd basically been a douche to a princess.

"Yeah, sure," Owen casually nodded to Rein, mentally slapping himself for even bringing it up. Heck, why was he even agreeing with him? He could've owned up, but only decided to dig himself deeper. On the other hand, he wans't lying at all - he did play the guitar... only with the experience of someone who hadn't. Then a thought came to him. "You didn't pick music, did you? Syril - that's the professor - he's a complete idiot, it's not worth taking his class." Perhaps he could postpone his predicament a bit later.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Rein sighed as the topic returned to Nef, well at least Owen didn't seem to think they were together romantically anymore.

"Yeah, when I resurrected her by accident on our trip to Egypt, her body was mummified but still her lower half mostly couldn't be saved. I had to find her new organs. Being well...her...I had to find something grand enough. I used the body of a lioness. She was quiet satisfied with being in the image of a sphinx. She really is royalty, helped rule Egypt for awhile actually as a General under her mother during the height of Egypt's power. I think she's frustrated that people don't know her anymore, she was as powerful as someone can get after all. Maybe that's why I don't mind doing so much for her, she's really...well, she's a great person." He shrugged, realizing he had spoke quite a bit about her. "She's a lot like my older sister, we've been living together for so long now."

He quieted a moment and folded his fingers together.

"No, I'm not taking music, I'm only in Math, Offense/Defense, and Mechanics, though Nef is, actually. I didn't see a point. I figured they would be covering basics, but I already know how to play." He shrugged lightly. He'd been playing since he was 12, as he was currently 47, he didn't think that he needed lessons anymore. "What are you in? Are you taking Music, then? Disappointed?"
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:22 pm

All in all, Owen found this whole 'princess' thing very hard to believe. It was something he'd expect to see on some sort of comedy mystery TV show - high school kid accidentally resurrecting some ancient princess who he then kept in his bedroom. It was too far fetched for his liking, despite the fact that the truth was practically before his eyes. "Yeahh... no. I bet you're just makin' it up... There's no way..." He threw a hand in the air, on the off-chance that he may have offended him. "I mean..! ..you know. S'just... not likely."

Admittedly, Rein did drag on a bit with his rather wordly explanations, and he sometimes found his attention drifting off elsewhere - a bird that would swoop past the window, or a small spider on the ceiling. He allowed a sigh of relief to escape upon noting that Rein hadn't picked music. At least he could take solace in the fact that he may have learned to play the guitar by the time Rein dragged him into playing something.

He shook his head at the question. "Naah, s'alright," he shrugged. "I'm taking music, but I hate it so far... I'm doing gym and, uh, I'm doing offence and defence as well... I can't do them so well." He hoped the reason behind that might be obvious. Then he paused, and raised a brow. "You actually picking maths? I mean, usually you get forced to do that kinda crap, but really?" What a nerd.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next