The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

And my journy starts here.

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

And my journy starts here. Empty And my journy starts here.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Rosie stumbled along the shore, sinking in her sandals, which she took off and let the cool sand sink between her toes. She looked up at the sky, with its twinkling stars and half full moon. She gave a soft sigh as she knew that this Hendry man would probably not show up until morning. She wondered if the Tavern was even open anyway. She guessed she would find out.

On her back, she bore her two blades, one was a deep purple and the other a deep blue. The deep purple was used for defense and the dark blue was for food. The rest of her tools were also colored as such. She loved her ninja tools, and refused to give them up. She had made them herself under the greatest metal smiths the world had known. She sighed, she missed her teachers. She was going to the castle to cook, mostly because she was tired of all her friends dying on her. She hoped that here, she would be able to have one or two friends that didn’t die… or she didn’t have to kill off. Oh well she thought silently as she tried to open the door to the Tavern.

Between her blades, her backpack laid nicely, it contained her ninja tools, a night gown, and one other set of clothing. She was wearing her dark blue now, in her bag she had a lavender set. She did her laundry by hand every day, so it didn't matter only having two sets of cloths and undergarnments.

Back to top Go down

And my journy starts here. Empty Re: And my journy starts here.

Post  `NPC Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:49 pm

The door handle to the tavern is old worn brass knob with a large of color rubbed off on the top. It is small and dark against the blue door behind it.

The door is locked securely from the inside. The tavern won't open until breakfast.

In the sky, clouds begin to roll in, covering the stars. Small rain droplets begin to form, falling lightly on Sindri's Cove.

`NPC
Admin

https://aalc.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:01 am

"Great, I'm going to meet this Hendry guy looking like a wet rat..." She sighed as she walked along the shore trying to find a place for shelter. She was closer to the shore at this point looking for a light on in one of the buildings, it was three in the morning, so she wasn't expecting much. If not, she'd just sit against the tavern door.

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:56 am

Down at the end of the strip of buildings, closer to the water, sits a small, rundown shed. There are no lights on the inside, so it's nearly impossible to make anything out by looking through the window. From the outside, it looks as if the shack is big enough to fit about four people inside at the most.

The door appears to be unlocked.

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:07 pm

She went inside slowly and carefully, she had her purple sword drawn just in case. She didn't want to take any chances being disarmed. She was quiet as she tried to find some sort of light source. She prefered candle light to anything in the current world. She searched her backpack for a candle and matches, thankfully finding some that she had forgotten. She lights up her candle and looks around the little shack.

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:06 pm

The shed appears to be nothing more than that, an old shed. There are some boat oars hanging on the walls, as well as some planks and ladders. Unorganized piles of tools and junk are scattered around. It doesn't seem like there's be an easy way to find anything in here.

There's an old wooden rowboat on the left side of the room. It's on the floor and slightly tilted towards the wall. It has a large piece missing out of the bottom, but it doesn't look like anyone plans on fixing it up. Inside are some large gray painter's tarps with splashes of dry white and blue paint staining the thick fabric. It's not folded neatly, and the fabric is far from soft, but it looks like it might be a comfortable place to rest.

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:21 pm

Rosie knew she wouldn't be getting sleep that night. She did take the chance to lay down. She felt like working on the boar. She refrained however, not wanting to mess with the owner's items she finally slipped to sleep around four am. The girl slept soundly the rest of the night.

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:32 pm

The sun rose at 7:34 am. The tide was on its way in, and it looked like it would be high tide in just over an hour. The sunrise itself was beautiful. The crisp clean air gave the sky a bright orange glow. Clouds were still thick in the sky, but looked as if they were on their way out, promising an unusual clear day.

People had begun coming down the path and into town. A truck rumbled as it drove by, parking outside the tavern. There were fishing nets and toolboxes in the back. The owner, a Scottish fisherman, exited his truck, slamming the door shut behind him with a loud rattle. He wore dark overalls, a wide-rimmed hat and thick black waterproof boots. He walked to the door of Barabal Tavern. He took off his hat briefly, scratching his head, and put it back on. Then he pulled open the door, and went inside to get his breakfast.

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:49 am

Rosie gets up hearing the town waking up around her. she leans a board up against the door under the handle to ensure that the door wouldn't open while she changed into her lavender outfit. She walked out bare footed and to the tavern door where she replaced her sandles, before she opened the door, with a small smile, and headed inside. She was glad she had found some money in one of her backpack pockets, and was happy that she was going to be able to at least have breakfast.

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:09 pm

The tavern was hardly bustling. There were a few people sitting at the bar, eating their way through heavy breakfasts. They were all fishermen, and they all looked up when Rosie entered. It was definitely unusual to see a woman here this early in the morning, and she didn't look native. They were, however, becoming used to strange people coming into their tavern at all hours, and after a moment of looking her over, went respectfully back to their breakfasts.

There was only one other woman in the tavern, and that was the tender. She was a rather old looking woman with gray hair cropped short, and a loose brown shirt over her tiny frame. There was something rough about her face, though she looked as if she had been very beautiful at one point in time. She joked and laughed with the fishermen as she served them their morning drinks and food. On noticing Rosie, the old woman had stared just as long as the rest of them. After the men went back to their meals, she called over. "Ay, you. Did ye come fer food?" The woman put a firm hand on her hip, jutting it out to the side.

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:21 pm

The woman took a moment to look around and take in the atmosphere, and smiled, “Hai, I mean, yes, I’d like to buy some breakfast,” Rosie says before she took a seat on the end barstool. She was quite hungry, and it would be best to get food before attempting to find Hendry.

Rosie was definitely out of place. Her bright lavender Japanese styled clothing was quite different than the fishermen’s wardrobe, however, it looked like she could hold her own, despite her apparent age. She had just returned from her most recent trip to Japan, but she was starting to get disappointed with Japan as it developed. As with many places the traditions were slowly starting to die out and make way for new traditions, and “better ways”. She didn’t prefer these ad humanity, in her opinion, was becoming as lazy as it could be as fast as possible. It disgusted her. There was so much more technological advances could be used for, and all it did was make everyone lazier.

Rosie was happy that she was going to have breakfast. It had been a long day, she had walked most of the day, and she didn’t get much food. She pulled a out a few gold coins, “huh…” she sighed, and kept digging through her bag until she finally closed her hand around a twenty dollar bill and pulled it out. She was happy she’d be able to eat as the gold coins scared her there for a moment -a memory from the past, something that the real world would only accept if they were going to melt it down for the gold.

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:35 am

The tender looked critically at the American money being offered to her. Normally, she would turn any customer away who didn't have Scottish currency, but this time she took the money with a slight grunt. She just wanted to serve this strange customer and get her out. However, she didn't offer any change.

After a moment, the bartender slapped a plate down in front of Rosie. On it sat a thick Tattie scone, topped with a round sausage and fried egg. On the side was a small pile of baked beans in tomato sauce. It wasn't anything fancy, but could fill most stomachs.

Not long after the meal was served, the tavern door swung open, allowing a slight breeze to make its way across the room. With the breeze came the silhouette of a man, the hem of his long coat flapping. He stepped into the room, the door closing quietly behind him. The headmistress had sent Hendry an urgent message about this one, something about a very needed cook that should be brought to the island as soon as possible. He scanned the room with his dark eyes, looking for the woman he was supposed to be ferrying over.

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:40 pm

She had realized upon the woman taking her money that she had given the woman the wrong bill. She gave a soft sigh, and mumbled a ‘sorry’. She had just gotten a piece of egg into her mouth when the door opened. The wind teased her long ponytail which reached her waist. She looked up putting another bite of food into her mouth, avoiding the baked beans. She gave a sigh, having a feeling that she wouldn’t be finishing most of her twenty dollar breakfast. She at least wanted the sausage, which she turned to eat hoping she would have enough time to finish that much. She knew this had to be the man mentioned in the letter. He matched the description. It wasn't that hard to spot the girl either, she really looked like an outsider here.

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:16 pm

It didn't take long for Hendry's eyes to land upon the woman sitting at the bar in a kimono. She was most definitely out of place, and most likely to be his passenger. He walked up to her, ignoring the stares from the others in the tavern. He nodded an acknowledgment to the old woman behind the bar. His stomach was grumbling. As he drew closer he noticed the plate of breakfast sitting in front of the woman. Normally, he would rush her out and get going on the boat, but Hendry figured that he would give her some time to finish her meal, since he was hungry enough as well.

Hendry sat down on the bar stool next to the woman. He slapped a few Scottish pounds on the table "An some Tea for me and me friend here," he added. In a moment the same plate of food was brought out for him as well as two cups of black tea. He slid one over to his passenger and dug into his breakfast, taking gulps of hot tea in the middle of eating. He ate quickly, but neatly, the food all but disappearing from his plate. When he was done, he gave a satisfied sigh, and turned towards the woman. "I dun suppose yer Rosie?" he asked.

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:37 pm

She drank the tea, and finished her plate. She was also a quick eater, for she was always worried about leaving herself venerable while she was eating. She finished slightly before Hendry as she started first, she was just as neat as he was. “Yes sir, I’m Rosie, I don’t suppose that you are the Hendry I am suppose to be meeting here.” She pulled the equivalent of five American dollars in Scottish currency and left it under her plate.

Rosie was very sweet, but it was obvious she could hold her own. She looked over Hendry, she felt a sense of his age, and smiled, she did not bring it up, she would wait for him to speak. Rosie tended to keep to her own, but she felt like, with a little time, she would be able to speak with Hendry, though she didn’t consciously recognize this. “Thank you for the tea.” She smiled, it seemed like a formal smile, and her eyes gave away that she was studying him, something that was rare for her to actually do – give what she was truly doing away.

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:04 am

There was something uncomfortable about the way Rosie was staring. Hendry grunted in response to her thank you, and quickly slid of his barstool, landing on the floor. "Aye," the man responded. "Les git goin then. I've been told to git ye to the castle as soon as possible." He motioned for the woman to follow him as he made his way to the door of the tavern. He didn't turn around to see if she was following as he walked out the door and into the chilly morning.

The day was proving to be as clear as the morning had promised. It was a nice change from the previous run of rain, and Hendry knew that he better enjoy it while it lasts. He stopped walking at the beginning of the beach just before reaching the dock and waited for Rosie to catch up.

((Mind if I ask what she was truly doing? o.o))

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:56 pm

His claws thudded against the ground, careful not to tread on the thick puddles of mud. Why Scotland? he thought bitterly, as he passed the ponds and the endless hills. Why not somewhere warm, like Africa?
The cold, wet weather of Scotland was indeed difficult to adjust to. He’d been used to warm, dry climates, constant sunny spells and all the sunbathing he could ever desire. But not here. The range of mountains had held promise, but they were barren. The taste of sheep from the farms had become bland rather quickly.

He’d long grown sick of camping in the wilderness, with nothing but a hat and a sodden suitcase for comfort. If anything, he deserved to be pampered once he reached this ‘Lillegard’ place.
Stop complaining, you put yourself through this, he reminded himself, and continued to journey to his destination.
Every now and again, he’d peer sourly at the invitation that had been granted to him. It made it look so simple, so easy. He was almost about to crumple it up and throw it away, but decided against it. Something told him he’d probably need it later.

The screeching of morning birds quickly snapped him back into reality. Morning already? Time flies when you’re ranting in a soliloquy. In the distance, he could see - was that a small village? His heart help with relief. It’s about time! he groaned, picking up his pace. Another shape began to come into view - a human. An old human, standing near the dock. “Oi!” he called, nearing him. “You don’t happen to be--” He stopped to catch his breath, leaning on his knees. “…Harry? Harvey? Whatever, you ain’t leaving without me, if that’s what you’re thinking!” Of course, he’d just pulled the assumption out of nowhere, but it didn’t stop him from staring defiantly at the man, arms crossed, and chin raised.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Height : 168 cm
Weight : 82 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Rendaz-Flammy-326794937

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Rosie stepped out from behind Hendry, she had followed quite quickly, not wanting to hold the man up, and despite the fact that she kept having to take her sandals off depending on if they be on boards or on sand, she had still managed to keep up quite nicely. She was still studying his energy as she had been back in the tavern, but this time it was without looking at him. She now stared at the new… creature… that had appeared. She didn’t exactly appreciate his late entrance, not to mention how rude he was when he came up out of nowhere. Did he not know how to show respect, did he even read his letter - at least she assumed this thing was a he. She decided to call this new - thing - an it. “Do you not have respect for your elders?” she snapped at him, before Hendry could speak, she REALLY did not tolerate rudeness.

She wondered, for the fact that Hendry stopped, if he realized she had been beside him this entire time, it was just a side thought though, as she waited for its response. Her eyes were looking accusingly at it, searching him, but not really showing anything but an accusation of his rude entrance.

((sorry, I actually didn't quite expect her to respond like that O.o))

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:24 pm

((rosie has a tendancy to look into people's auras and energy feilds, it comes with years upon years of training. Usually she can hide it though, but with Hendry, she gave herself away more because she was too interested to hide what she was actually doing.))

((or should i say not seeing))

Last edited by Rosie on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:49 pm

Staring arrogantly at the old man, Rendaz noticed a shape at the corner of his eye, but never bothered to acknowledge it. It was when that shape started spurting accusations at him he turned to look at her with an equally agitated eye.

He narrowed his eyes surly, not really staring at her face, but somewhere around it. “What’s your problem?” he immediately - almost instinctively - spat, leaving no time for interruption. “That time of month for you, eh?” It probably wouldn’t be a good idea to rile his colleagues before he’d even set foot in the academy. Although, it wouldn’t technically be his fault: this woman seemed more than ready to intrude the moment he’d spoken.

But still, something stirred in him, something that longed for that small bit of entertainment after his journey. It’s not like he’d be fired for it: he was pretty certain that this plain looking woman wasn’t the headmistress of this pretentious, magical academy. So, to add spice to his insult, he breathed just a small puff of smoke, directly into the woman’s face.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:03 pm

Hendry stared at the newcomer as he approached. Something about the way the thing talked registered to Hendry as a bit rude, but truthfully, all the boatman was thinking was What the hell is that thing! Hendry glanced around, wondering if anyone in this small town had noticed yet. Whatever, all he knew was that he should get that guy into the boat and onto Lillegard Island as soon as possible.

"Ah, will ye bampots shut it?" Hendry shouted. "Just tell me ye 'ave yer letter an git in the boat." He said to the tall, lizard-looking man, who was standing far too proudly for Hendry's liking. The old man turned to Rosie as well, "You too, lassie. No one's gittin across til I see yer papers." The tone of his voice was obviously irritated, as he crossed his arms over his chest. He might have to ferry these two across, but it was not his job to babysit troublesome kids.

((Hendry is impervious to all magic. It's his only skill. ^^ So Rosie can't read his aura. We did that so no one can cheat to get to the castle.. like put a spell on him or something. But yeah.. check out his info: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ))

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:06 pm

((more reason why it intregued her... cause she couldn't see it))

Her left hand swung at his face while her right hand handed her letter over to Hendry. She would not stand for being insulted like that and she would only stop short of killing. Blood spill... just made the moment that much sweeter. However, though she wouldn't, her body language looked as though she would kill him for such disrespect.

She was happy to have learned skills with both sides of her body in order to be able to do more than one thing at once. She just hoped that she would make contact with the things face.

((sorry its short))

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:03 pm

Rendaz probably should’ve expected some sort of retaliation after his remark. After all, he set himself up for it. But all he could think of was nothing but his own brilliance as a hand came from nowhere and skelped him on the head. He drew back angrily, yet, feeling no sense of regret, just a strange satisfaction.
Sneering at Hendry, once again, he took out his note and waved it about. The text was extremely blurred, probably from being soaked in the rain: it could’ve probably have been any old scrap of paper. “Whatever, old man, just don’t have a heart attack or anything,” he grinned, pacing towards the boat, not caring whether Hendry approved of his letter or not. As he did this, he couldn’t help but flash a cheeky smile at Rosie. It wasn’t his fault she was so sensitive, anyways.

However, his excitement quickly faded with one glance at the boat. Did they honestly expect him to ride in this old raft that could sink any moment? He’d never been in water before, and never intended trying for the first time. His disbelieving expression seemed to explain everything as he stared aghast at the boat, then to Hendry and back. If they couldn’t even afford a decent boat, then what would the school be like: an old shed falling apart at the seams?
Cautiously stepping onto the boat, half expecting it to tip over from the sheer weight of one foot, he managed to make it to the other side of the deck, where he leaned casually on the sides, vanquishing all doubt that he had been afraid at all. He glanced at Rosie, trying to resist throwing out one more snide remark…
“Try not to tip the boat, fatty.”
He couldn’t stop himself.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:10 pm

Rosie cast a glance at Hendry as she had her sword drawn in an instant. She knew she shouldn't move forward and do this, she decided however to leave it up to Hendry. Perhaps she'd just cut him a little and cause him to fall into the water, it would be worth it, but still, she waited for Hendry to give the okay.

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Hendry looked back and forth between the two hotheads he was supposed to be bringing to Lillegard Island. What were they thinking over there, hiring teachers like this? He went through a few possible reactions in his head. But eventually he just shrugged his shoulders and spoke calmly.

"Now, listen here, the both of ye. It's no problem with me if ye don't want to behave. I'll just git myself back inside that tavern over there and have a drink. Now, as for you, this old man standing before ye is yer only means of ever reaching the island. So, if I was you," he said to the lizard in his boat. "I would show a little respect. And if I was you," he turned to Rosie. "I'd hold my temper. But agin, yer choice to make." Hendry stood on the dock and waited for their response. As far as he was concerned, his threat was a real one. There was no possible way that he would be bothered with these two the way they were acting now, and he was perfectly ready to go back and order a scotch.

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next