The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

And my journy starts here.

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

And my journy starts here. - Page 2 Empty Re: And my journy starts here.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:55 pm

"Sorry Hendry," Rosie apologized respectfully as she sheathed her sword. She shouldn't have gotten so hot tempered about someone calling her fat, she was a chef, but she was also as thing as you could healthily manage for her size. She glared at 'it' darkly, she had hoped to talk to Hendry nicely, and now that he thought she was so hot-headed, she was sure that he would not want anything to do with her, not to mention, she was sure she was going to have to ask him for a ride back to shore to do shopping for the kitchen. Spices tended to run out fast, as well as certain foods that so many people really did seem to enjoy. She gave a soft sigh as a slight breeze picked up. She could hear the voice of her most favored sensei, and first lover, telling her to calm herself and to control the anger which welled up inside of her. Occasionally, when she had enough time and energy to do so, she would go up to the heavens where he rested. He insisted that she lay with others, however, none had pleased her yet, and so when she was in need, she would use the energy to come see him. She shook his voice from her head and sighed softly, she missed him, but it was no reason to become upset. She figured she could do something to the 'thing' later, there was no rule against retaliation, she thought, though she could already hear her lover scolding her over it. Rosie's hand was still holding her letter, as she, unlike the 'it' didn't just shove the letter at Hendry. Her letter, of course, was dry, and protected, still in its envelope, though the seal was broken, for obvious reasons. "Please forgive my behavior," she requested softly, giving a small bow, as was Japanese custom, "I will do better to hold my temper."

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Casually filing his claws on a nearby pebble, the words of Hendry seemed to fly over his head. Rendaz thought he’d try to lighten the mood with a grin, despite Hendry’s disapproval. “Don’t give up on me, sailor. They were just jokes, yeah? Nothin’ disrespectful ‘bout them…” he peered over at Rosie, who was attempting to tug his heartstrings with a simpering apology. “…Can’t help you with her though, she’s a lost cause.”

It wasn’t that he didn’t want to go to Lillegard, it was quite the opposite. However, with every stride he took, just somebody would have to take offence to it. He probably couldn’t sigh without having the world snapping at his heels. But he wasn’t about to let that bother him. It was only the weak-minded who let a few petty insults strike them.

But still, a flicker of doubt remained inside him. “Y’might as well take us there, we didn’t travel all this way for nothing’…” He was growing rather impatient, what good was a man who couldn’t keep personal conflicts out of his duty? He tried not to show it, however, attempting to keep a suave expression.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Height : 168 cm
Weight : 82 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Rendaz-Flammy-326794937

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:32 pm

"He'll take us when he wishes..." Rosie said looking over the man, "If he wish not to take us, he doesn't have to, he's the only one who can get us there, and if he says no, well then he says no, and there's nothing we can do about it," her tone was surprisingly cool, and even. She had gotten control of herself once more, and that was all she needed to continue to keep her head on her shoulders. She refused to let 'it' bother her anymore. She looked back to Hendry, hoping that she had made peace with him at the very least.

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:46 am

The ocean wind whistled across the sand and between the wooden buildings behind the trio. Hendry's face as still and for a moment he was as a stone statue except for the breeze rustling the cuffs of his jacket. He was looking down at the lizard in his boat, but not looking at him. A long moment passed in this manner, before he draws in a hearty breath through his nose and nods once, sharply.

"Ye." He motioned roughly to the lizard, then thrusts his thumb over his shoulder. "Ye git oot o' my boat. And ye." He pinned Rosie with a level stare like he's about to tell her off, but instead he nodded his head to the side towards the water. "Ye can git in."

(( short and sweet? xD ))

`NPC
Admin

https://aalc.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:09 am

Rosie bowed again to Hendry, "Thank you Hendry," she said softly to him before she stepped aboard his boat as if she knew how to get on and off boats. It was the only way to japan, at least when she was first traveling there it was. She looked at 'it' wondering what 'it' would do now that 'it' was refused passage. She didn't really care, so long as he wasn't rude to her anymore, and hoped that there wouldn't be a fight because he tried something. "Makes me miss my old boat," she whispered. She had to sink it just recently as the little wooden boat she had used on her trips finally decided it couldn't handle another repair. Now, she usually took the time to pay for a plane to somewhere that was overseas as she didn't change continents enough to go on foot with another little boat. Besides, the old one was too important anyway.

((yup yup yup... sorry if you all think i'm putting needless information, i just need to develope her character a bit is all, and the rp keeps giving me ideas that i take a little time to expand upon so that way I can actually organize it for Rosie's reff sheet.))

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:40 am

Rendaz blinked with mild surprise at Hendry’s words. Get out the boat? What the hell was he talking about? It wasn’t like he’d ran riot and vandalised everything, he’d just innocently stepped on board and joked a little.
But he knew he wouldn’t get anywhere if he just stood there and argued, so he decided to take another option - negotiation. “Don’t be like that, Hansel. I’ll make it worth your while,” he grinned, a cool, suave grin. “See this old boat?” He rapped the edge of the boat for emphasis. “Why, she’s nearly at the end of her lifetime!” He pressed his foot on one of the planks, forcing it to creak. “Y’hear that? That’d be the sound of a dying ship, sir. But, y’know, I’ll be glad to fix her up for ya.” He reached into his suitcase and pulled out his trusty hammer. “I’ll even add a motor, free of charge, of course. All for one little boat ride.”
Rendaz had no intention of scamming the old man; that would be beyond criminal. However, something in his confident smirk would say otherwise. All the while, he completely avoided eye contact with Rosie, gazing intently at Hendry.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:37 pm

Hendry glowered at the lizard in his boat. When his modest vessel is forced to creak under Rendaz's foot, the boatman's shoulders visibly hunched as if for a brief moment, he was almost unable to contain some amount of rage. He jaws tightened and with his head titled down, most of his eyes were shaded by the brim of his cap.

"That's boat's no juist auld, lad. She wis auld afore yer parents war born." His voice rumbled deep and gruff. "An if yer happy being dry rather nor in that cold ocean thonder, ye'll be gottin yer scaly rump oot o ma boat." An ominous roll of water gently rocked the small boat, unintentionally adding emphasis to Hendry's threat.

Hendry had been fooling before. He had simply been punishing the lizard for his attitude by making him leave the boat before simply letting him right back in again. But the professor's proposal to alter his boat incensed the boatman. It was a presumptuous and foolish offer as far as Hendry was concerned. He know's at this point, in the end he will not refuse the man passage since he did have his letter, and at the end of the day Hendry doesn't really care about any of these people he is willing to ferry across the water. But his threat to dump the lizard into the ocean is not an idle one if he insists on remaining in the vessel.

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Through the course of his career, Rendaz had learned to deal with two types of customers. There were those that would gullibly cling onto his every word, hook line and sinker. Then there was the frustrated ape who’d beat him to a pulp over the smallest swindle. Rendaz soon realised that Hendry was of the latter.

Without a single word, he stepped off the boat, glaring into Hendry’s face. “You’ll regret it, Harriet. That was a damn good deal, and you know it!” Satisfied with himself, he brushed his hands as if removing dirt, then turned to walk away.

Then he realised that he had absolutely nowhere to go. What sane human village would allow a creature of his appearance to walk in, carefree? He had absolutely no intention of staying in the mountains either. But he refused to show any hint of his befuddlement, instead gazing innocently out at the sea.

((My posts are getting shorteeeer! XD ))
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:03 pm

Rosie had sat down no longer interested in the "it" that was trying to bribe his way across to the castle. She was mumbling to herself, a little upset, because she knew she was going to have to take a good hour or so out of her already short days to nap thanks to needlessly keeping up with Hendry. She could've just as easily caught up with him as he had stopped for her anyway. She was more annoyed at herself than anything, and now she really wondered how much time she had left as a twenty one year old, and if anyone would actually talk to her when she was five. She leaned back and looked up at the sky and softly mumbled her lover's name, wishing he could be back with her again. She felt so free with him, if only... she sighed. She snapped back into reality when a small fish decided it was going to spit water in her face. She glared down at it, but realized it was for the best, before she gave the fish a little stroke, "Thank you young one, I needed that." she whispered to the fish, who seemed to understand her before it swam off to join its family once more.

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:44 pm

Hendry's eyes twinkled satisfactorily in response to Rendaz's glaring. His frown relaxes slightly, which is about as close as he'll get to a triumphant smirk most days. He nodded once, then stepped past the professor he's just rejected and lowers himself into his old boat, tapping the rim almost fondly. He settled himself by the rudder and untied the tether, but kept his fingers gripped to the dock. The sea sprayed a light, welcomed mist across his face and he took a deep breath of the moist air.

A glance at Rosie informs him that she is ready to move forward as well, and he turned an expectant gaze up at the lizard man. His expression was torn between smug, amused, and annoyed.

"Weel, what're ye waiting fer??" Now that Hendry is steady in the fact that he won the disagreement, he decides he'll allow the professor passage. He urged him impatiently, as if the lizard should have known this.

(( mine too~ xD but it's ok! Hey, as long as it's decent and there's something to respond to, it doesn't have to be long~! ))

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:48 pm

“Aha!” he immediately exclaimed, springing up with a spark in his step. His monotone expression was quickly replaced with his usual proud smirk. “I knew you were kidding, Heather. I can see through these things, you know.” He gave out a discreet cough to one side before once more stepping onto the boat and reclaiming his previous position. “Couldn’t leave you two lovebirds to go out by yourselves, could I?” He winked suggestively to Rosie, and then to Hendry before tipping his hat downwards to shield his eyes from the sun.

All that Rendaz could feel in himself was a startling sense of relief. How could he not have seen through the old man’s little game? He probably looked like a right fool. However, he was determined to prove them wrong at the academy. They’d see his gadgets, his machines, his technology. Hendry would wish, no, he’d beg to take up the offer again. But Rendaz, he’d only look down on him… And he’d say ‘No’.

While thinking through his dastardly little scheme, a slight chuckle could be heard from him, as he leaned against the side of the boat,
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:05 pm

Rosie glanced up at the 'it' once more, she gave a small sigh, but part of her was glad that she would be able to see more of this 'thing'. 'It' seemed intriguing after-all, "Welcome aboard," she said coolly, as though her voice itself could summon ice. (It couldn't). Her pupil-less blue eyes searched him. Her eyes were looking at energies only at this moment, and she looked past him to try to see Hendry's again, however, just as before, she saw right through him as though he wasn't there, before she allowed her eyes to see normally again, however, her eyes remained without pupils as she had been born without them. Until she had gotten her immortality gift, she had been blind.

((sorry guys, that was all I could manage... I didn't have a lot to go off of since most of it was in the direction of Rendaz))

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:49 pm

Rendaz looked a little less than pleased at Rosie’s rather cold welcome. Nevertheless, he tipped his hat in her direction. “Try not to kill me on the way, eh sweetheart?” he snickered. Ah, the ever so vulnerable and willing mind, which only made it more entertaining to play with. It had been his favourite instrument; he often poked at the temper of others, screwing with their ingenuity… That is, until it begins to bite back. Rendaz had always been pushing limits, and now, he awaited just how far she could push Rosie over the edge. Figuratively, of course.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Rosie gives a giggle, "I'd rather not have your blood on my hands, besides, you were hired for a reason, obviously they want you to be there, that or they wouldn't hire you."

The woman leaned on the side of the boat, her fingers gently trailing the water, "Hendry, your boat reminds me of my own... I miss it sometimes... more like every time I see the water... she was damaged beyond repair a few years back... when that large storm really hit. I did all I could to try to save her, but there was nothing I could do. I hope that you never have to do this to your boat," she said softly, her voice full of respect for the man, and for the boats of which she spoke. She drew her eyes away from the water and looked up at him, and from the way he seemed, she knew he was one of the "man and his boat" types. She gave a soft smile. She wasn't cold toward him like she was to most people. She always seemed to have an edge unless there was something about you that she was either intrigued about or you finally got close enough to her for her to relax. With how long her life has been, she'd seen one too many friends parish, and that tended to give her a cold edge at points.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:31 pm

Rendaz rolled his eyes, as if what Rosie had said was oh-so-obvious. “Well duh, of course they need me. They probably couldn’t screw a light bulb by their selves.” He didn’t look at her once, finding his rather sharp claws a more interesting sight. As she said her soppy little speech, he couldn’t help but snort. What was it with all these people getting so emotionally attached to some planks of wood? If he wanted a new best friend, he certainly wouldn’t turn to a boat, of all things.

And their reaction to the remote possibility of having their boat fixed is what baffled him even more. Did they want the boat to sink? Just like people, ships would often grow old and frail too. Nothing ever lasted forever. The prospect of ‘change’ was probably unfamiliar to these simple minded fools. Rendaz had lived his change all his life, from mountains to junkyard, from rocks to metal, from worse to better. He’d learned to appreciate it. These primitive apes wouldn’t like ‘change’ if it did a song and dance for them. He wasn’t about to change their mind either: he'd let them suffer with their own ineptitude.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:41 pm

"You may change your thinking the longer you're here... I wouldn't suggest putting people down without first getting to at least know them... you won't get very much respect that way..." Rosie commented absently, still waiting for a reply from Hendry. She wondered if she had even reached him... She felt like maybe he would understand... perhaps not... perhaps he'd just remain just as cold as ever... She was playing with another little fish that swam alongside the boat.

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:50 pm

It was harder to pretend he was interested in the prattling of his boat-mates, so Hendry opted simply to ignore them. Even when Rosie's words seemed directed at him, he really didn't care that much about whatever issues she had with her old boat, he was more concerned with getting them to the island and then getting back home where it was peaceful.

The ride was fairly quick, the island appearing somewhat suddenly on the horizon. When they finally reach the docks, Hendry didn't even bother tethering the boat. He just held onto the wooden pillar with his sea-roughened hand and jerked his head as way of motioning the pair to get off his boat already.

"Git oot, git." He didn't see anyone coming to fetch the new teachers from the castle so he heaved a sigh and figured he might as well fill them in on a bit of the drill. "Take the dirt rood there and foller it straight ti the castle. Daen't make auny turns, and ye'll git there easy."

(( Okay, so this can just be the end of this thread if you guys want. xD This one has been going for a while. I apologize for the slow responses lately. I know Rosie already started a new thread on the dirt road. You can do that as well, Rendaz, or just head straight to any location at the castle. It's about time you guys joined the rest of the gang eh? x3 ))

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2