The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Step one, find Hendry

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Step one, find Hendry Empty Step one, find Hendry

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:23 pm

Sebastian slowly walked along the path, trying to find this boatman, which he understood to be named Hendry. He held his letter in his hand, reading over it once more. He still couldn't believe he was accepted. It seemed almost impossible. Nobody from hims home town accepted anything that was a half-breed like he was. He read once more out loud,

"Dear Professor,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted for a teaching positon at the Academy at Lillegard Castle. Below are very specific instructions on how to reach Lillegard Island. Please follow them as carefully as you are able.

Travel to Sindri's Cove, Scotland. Sindri’s Cove is a very small fishing town located North of Balchrick. Walk Southwest towards the sea. You will soon come upon a line of buildings facing the beach. The third building is painted blue with “Barabal Tavern” written above the door. You should go inside, where you will be waiting for an old man that goes by the name of Hendry. He is short and stocky and usually wears a worn brown coat. You may have to wait a while. When he arrives, present him with this letter, and he will ferry you across to Lillegard Island.

Do NOT lose this letter. There are only two ways to find the island; the boatman or by accident. Since by accident could take a while, we recommend you follow these directions well.

Good Luck, and we look forward to having you at the castle.

Sincerely,

Headmistress Everly
Dean Kale
Dean Odqura
"

"I hope that I don't lose this letter... but by the looks of things, I think I am close by..." The male commented. He was still amazed at the fact he was accepted. He goes to enter the building that was specified, just as a breeze picks up and catches the letter that was just in his hands, taking it up and over the water.

"OH NO! I HAVE TO GET THAT LETTER!" he ran out into the water, but the letter had already disappeared into the sunlight, "What. now?" he whined softly. He had no idea how he would get to the castle now.

Sebastian sighed, and started back toward the building he was suppose to go into, and realized that his pants were totally soaked from the knees down. He groaned and sat down outside the door, he looked over the water watching the sun as it was starting to set already, perhaps he would have to sleep here. Or perhaps he could convince Hendry to take him to the castle anyway, or perhaps he'd have to try his vampire manipulation power on someone, not that it worked half the time. He was still learning to control his powers completely, despite his schooling. There was a difference between school testing your powers, and actually having to use his powers. He held his head in his hands trying not to cry. (he was very emotional.)

Last edited by Sebastian Moyer on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:15 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Changing color, and adding some lines...)

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry Empty Re: Step one, find Hendry

Post  `NPC Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Hendry was sitting in the far corner of the tavern, nearly blending into the old wall behind him and indiscernible from his fellow local patrons. His gaze followed the white-haired new-comer as he entered the building and found a seat at the front. A quick toss of his head downed the last of his drink, and he tapped the glass distractedly on the wooden tabletop before sighing and pulling himself to his feet. Setting his empty glass on the counter for the tavern keeper with a nod, he heads over to the man by the door. As he drew closer, he began to notice this man's distress and scowled distastefully.

He considered voicing some sort of welcome, but opted to maintain his scowl and cross his arms over his chest impatiently while he waited to be noticed. He made a guttural sound that may have been just a smothered cough or a clearing of the throat as means of announcing his presence.

The sun was lowering in the sky, which glowed a hearty orange over the ocean. The sea breeze carried a salty spray which tapped delicately at the window panes, reminding them that there was still a bit of travelling to do before dark.

`NPC
Admin

https://aalc.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry Empty I think I found him...

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:54 pm

The boy stood up looking over Hendry. He roughly wiped his eyes, mad at himself for crying. The boy grumbled to himself softly before walking over to Hendry, a little skittish. He was examining the tavern, he was a bit distressed. "A-Are you H-Hendry?" he stuttered. His wolf ears were showing, black as night against his white hair. His gaze was constantly wandering around quite nervous.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:36 pm

The old man's frown deepened and his voice was harsh and disapproving. "What're ye daeing, gitting all teared up for? Pull yerself tegither, lad!" He lifts one shaggy grey eyebrow and scratches at the rough unkempt stubble on his chin distractedly while he eyes the wolfy ears.

After a short pause, he sighs gruffly and returns his arms to a folded position over his chest. "Aye, I'm Hendry the Boatman. Now if ye'll be haunding over yer fancy letter, we can git ye oot to the castle."

Hendry leans back on his heels and juts his chin out beneath his frown. He drops one hand, palm up in request for the letting, and waits impatiently.

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry Empty The truth will work?

Post  Guest Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:47 pm

"I'm afraid... the wind took my letter." his voice was soft, and it was all he could do to keep himself from stuttering as he spoke to the elder man. It wasn't anything new to him, a harsh and disapproving voice. He only really did ever have one voice that backed him up... but that was a long long time ago. He shuddered at the very thought of the say that he lost that voice.

He adjusted his shirt, wondering why he had bothered to wear long sleeves, or why he had even bought such an outfit. - Oh right, because he was a teacher now -

He also adjusted his bag on his shoulder, wondering what he would do about getting to the island, he was timid about his powers, and hoped that if he really did have to use them that he would be able to successfully pull the spell off. He had manage to get his infinite bag spell carried out correctly. He had everything he could possibly want in his backpack, with the ease of it just being the weight of the backpack, and no heavier. It made traveling extremely simple.

He looked over Hendry once again as he awaited the man's reply, praying that perhaps, he could make it onto the island without the damn thing, which had managed to fly itself to Lillegard Castle on its own, first by air, then in the water, and then by the little animals scurrying around. By the time it had actually made it to the castle, the only thing that was visible, was his name, and even that was hard to read.

(Adding a note - Anyone already at the Castle can find his letter!)

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding a note)

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:37 am

Hendry stares at the young man with his eyes narrowed and dark. His jaw clenches while he seems to be waiting for something, with his hand still out for the letter even after the new teacher has announced that it is no longer with him. The old man draws in a breath and lets it out slowly through his nose. He finally withdraws his hand, finding it a new place in his coat pocket. He nods a couple times, looking from the professor, around at the tavern, then back at Sebastian. A couple fingers rise to tap the front of his cap in farewell.

"Tak care, then, loun." But there is no well-bearing in his tone or his manner as he turns away and takes a couple steps in the direction of the beach. As far as he's concerned, he made the trip to the mainland for nothing and he isn't happy about it. Shaking his head to himself in annoyance, he continues to retreat farther away from the professor, although his pace is slower than is usual for him. If that teacher has any ambition in his brain, Hendry expects him to call out and try to stop him, and he doesn't want to get too far ahead in case he has to make the walk back to berate some responsibility into the lad's head.

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry Empty Internal fighting - the voices, they're back!

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:13 am

"Oh no... Hendry is leaving... how am I suppose to get to the castle now?!" Sebastian mumbled as he got up, and watched Hendry. He was trying to figure out what to do. The male was frightened, he wasn't sure if his vampire powers would work on the man especially since he wasn't exactly at his most powerful like this.

Oh god Sebastian, just go after him already, it's not like he's going to kill you a voice in his head began, it caused a shiver to go down Sebastian's spine, he thought he had those voices taken care of, obviously he didn't and now, of all times, just made the situation even more complicated for the already upset man.

But, mister Vampire, he left there's noth- Sebastian began to tell the voice before he found himself stuck inside his own body, as the Vampire took over.

The already six foot three man grew another two inches, and his white hair changed, glittering like silver. The blue eyes shifted into an emerald green state with slits for the pupils. His aura was ice cold, and he bore a grin on his thin lips. He took advantage of his vampire speed and stepped in front of Hendry as he was leaving. "Hendry, really, you shouldn't just leave someone like that, its rude." the vampire began, "You know damn well that I had one of those f***ing letters, if I didn't, I wouldn't be here bothering you.... maybe you should take the chance to look past what was done earlier, and just take me to the castle so we can both get on in our lives."

Mister Vampire, now you've done it, he's going to be so mad now and we'll never get there... I should probably just go home, and write the school that I lost the letter, or maybe we could just follow Hendry... or something, but I don't think he's going to like us anymore Mister Vampire...

For the last f***ing time Sebastian, will you stop calling me 'Mister Vampire' and name me and 'Mister wolf man' already?! I swear if I hear one more 'Mister Vampire' from your freaking lips I will tear them off!

Alright... alright... you can be.... Vlad okay? and ... um... Ludolf... alright... I came up with names are you happy?

Took you twenty-one years, but sure, I'm happy. the man snapped sarcastically

Oh, looks like I have a name now... his wolf half finally spoke.

This really couldn't get any worse... Sebastian whined, he was becoming quite upset. He tried to take control of his body again but Vlad pushed him back stating that he was in control. All Sebastian could really do was watch, he was so afraid. Would he actually get to the castle? The possibility of 'no' was what truly terrified him.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:19 pm

The look on Hendry's face was neither impressed nor startled as he glared dully up at the taller man. Eventually, his eyebrows twitched like a stoical manner and he snorted in what might have been mildly amused. But his voice is dark and rumbles roughly when he speaks, almost daring the vampire to speak to him again in such a manner.

"If ye had any sense o responsobility, laddie.. ye'd no hae lost that letter." His eyes are deep, dark, and steady in their wrinkled and worn frame. "Nou if yer wanit ti be heading ower ti that island, ye'll not be spaeking ti yer elders in sic a disrespectful tone."

He knows there is obviously a change in the man he had encountered a moment ago, and if that modest and helpless young man had approached him earnestly, he may have felt inclined to deliver him to the castle. But his face betrays no pity to this discourteous man with his foul language, and Hendry stands still in his stocky form, the tattered old coat fluttering in the sea breeze.

His life has been long, perhaps unending, and despite his modest existence ferrying students and faculty across the sea to the elusive Lillegard Island, less is understood about this anomaly of a man than is even known about that castle. The chaste ocean wind rises to scatter the sand around their feet and batter salt into their eyes, but the boatman does not blink. Everything else on the beach is quiet as the sea growls warily with the promise of a storm.

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry Empty Fixing Vlad's arrogance...

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:50 pm

"Yeah well F-" Vlad started before Sebastian had enough of a grip on him to take over his body once more.

The boy's hair became a beautiful white once more, and his eyes went back to the pale silvery blue that they were when he had first met Hendry. The boy lost a few inches, so that he stood at his normal six foot three inch height. "Please, I apologize for Vlad, I-I didn't mean to ... l-let him get away from me a-a-again." he paused for a breath studying the man's face "I k-know... that I-I don't d-deserve to get a r-ride from you to the c-castle... i-it's just that I ... I would really like to get there," his voice was becoming more confident, "I can't take back the actions that Vlad had preformed, and I can't get back the letter that the wind had grabbed from my hand. All I can offer you is an apology for the events leading up to this moment. Perhaps there is something I could do for you as a type of payment to take me to the castle, perhaps a drawing, or something?" His desire for getting to the castle was outdoing his timid and fearful nature. He wanted to get to the castle to teach more than anything, and he wasn't going to let someone like Vlad hinder his chances to get to his dream job.

The boy rubs his eyes as he finally notices the sting of the salt. He looks out to the water, studying the waves, wondering just what it had in store for him, or if it would even be safe to travel at this point, as the sun continued to set, and a bright orangey pink light shown above the horizon. Sebastian sighed softly, wondering if his attempts were worthless. He just prayed the elder man would understand, if he did, Hendry would be the first of hopefully many on his journey.

As the wind blew the boy's bangs about his face, he was hopeful for a new beginning.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:35 pm

Hendry eyes the boat with his unyielding glare as he listens to the apology in silence. His expression remains stoic as he lets a couple moments of silence follow Sebastian's offer for a deal in exchange for way to the castle. He seems to be perhaps debating this plea during his silence until he finally breaks it with a bark and a sharp shake of his head.

"Nae! Ye listen to me here, boy." The boatman bows his head, his eyes shadowed by the brim of his cap as he continues to peer up at the professor. He lowers his voice until it's almost a harsh whisper. "Whativer divils ye have in ye, what sort o professor is gaun ti teach those students ti control thair own gifts, thair own ailments, when yer so easily giving in ti yer awn." He turns his head to the side and spits the salt that's gathered on his tongue into the sand. He takes a step back and straightens his frame with his chin up and his jaw clenched. "Mibbie ye should be gaun hame ti wheriver ye cam frae' and return when ye've learned yerself som control and hae something t'offer these childer."

He waits a moment for his words to sink in, before shrugging his heavy coat collar higher against the rising breeze and stepping around Sebastian. He continues to walk away towards the dock, testing Sebastian's determination about getting to Lillegard, and with full intention of leaving without the professor should he decide not to try and convince him again.

(( Sorry Hendry's such a tough number, I feel bad putting Sebastian through this! D; ))

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry Empty A Heart-felt speach...

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:26 pm

Sebastian looked discouraged for a second, but ran to catch up with the man, "Look, you don't know me, and I know you probably don't care, but I sent my application in and told them exactly what was going on with me, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but they gave me the job, and, well, I'm going to do that job to the best of my ability. I don't think you should be getting in my way when it was already said that I could be a professor. I d-don't appreciate being told that I have d-demons inside me, and frankly, that's not really any of your concern. I was told that I would be able to get some help o-once I got there." Sebastian said. He was determined to get to the castle, and he didn't want this man to judge him like this. The male adjusted his shirt and bag a little bit before continuing, "If they didn't think that I had enough control, then they wouldn't have hired me. B-besides, I'm trying to teach them freedom of expression... n-not just control, w-which is the re-responsibility of every L-L-Lillegard professor."

The male hardly noticed his own stuttering as he spoke to Hendry. He still wanted this more than ever, and if Hendry wasn't going to help him, well he would try to get there himself, if he didn't die in the attempt. He would much rather go with Hendry however unpleasant the man's words may be toward him. If not, well then Sebastian would find another way, he was determined to get there one way or another.

(Yeah, I feel really bad for him, but why should a character change just because someone gives him the sad eyes. The option of the letter somehow being brought back to him is still open, and then there's always the Hendry still says no, and Sebastian seeks out a flying creature of some sort to get him there as he spends days flying around the general direction he seen Hendry sail off in. I mean the possibilities are endless... and I'm actually quite interested in what exactly we end up coming up with.)

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : (end note))

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Muscles rolled, pushing hollow bones in flexible joints. Wings spread and air glided over and under, supporting the lithe body as it drifted down from the clouded sky with speed and agility. Upon coming closer to the Earth, feathered appendages tilted and beat against the wind, slowing down the descending harpy. As the feathers combed the noise from the air, toes splayed and bent knees took in the light impact from landing.

"Hendry." A clearly feminine voice asserted itself as the form straightened. There stood a pale, thin woman in black shorts and a red, open-back shirt. The shirt was easy to understand, as a large pair of wings connected at the shoulder blades. The color scheme of her hair and her feathers is a mottled cream, patches of orange, brown and white blending together. "Ee is good to see you, you should not stay away for so long." As she approached the weathered man, her speech dipped in to a very slight Parisian accent. The woman stopped next to Hendry, hands resting on the exposed skin at her sides, supported by her hips. Then it was as if she finally noticed the other person with the boatman. She addressed the stranger with a casual glance from a solid black eye. "Oh, Allo. I don think I know you. I am Kale, a Dean from thee Academy at Lillegard Castle." She took only a moment to look back and forth to Hendry and this stranger. "You wouldn't be one Sebastian Moyer, would youe?" Kale brushed at her bothersome bangs, revealing her scarred eye for but a moment.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Height : 157 cm
Weight : 2.6 kg

http://fav.me/d62hutp

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Hendry's steps slowed to a halt but he kept his back turned to Sebastian as he listened to his pleas. He patiently walked until the younger man was done rambling before turning so that he was only half-facing him. The kid had gusto and for a very brief moment, Hendry had gained a grain of respect for him.. unti lhe just didn't shut up, then nay respect was gone before it had settled in and he was just annoyed. His face was tilted down, the glare still in place directed upwards from under the cap. His voice is controlled at a low octave but akin to a growl.

"Yer richt, I daen't care. And ye shuid be understanding that it disn't matter what whither ye were accepted o no acause here, I am yer final judge and if I daen't let ye pass, that academy won't be disagreeing wi' me."

The boatman's frown was heavy with distaste, but he let the matter be for a moment upon Kale's approach. Her silent wings concealed her approached but he heard the gentle chatter of the sand being displaced by her talons as she landed. He turned to the harpy and nodded in greeting.

"Professor Kale." His scowl dissipates a touch and his glare is kinder upon her. "Aye, when I'm throu ferrying all o these nitwits ti the island, I'll lik ti dae a bit o fishing. Yer welcome, as aye." He nods again politely before sharply turning again on Sebastian with an ausing finger raised and jabbed in the direction of his chest, cutting in to finish his piece before the young man is able to respond to Kale.

"That school is a guid one, for sure, lad, but it's not thair jobs ti be helping ye! It's yer job ti be helping the students. So daen't ye be making up promises we both know thay didn't make ye, acause that place is no asylum for weak minds. Stretching the truth to win pity will only catch ye disrespect." He lowers his hand and crosses his arms over his chest once more. "An it'll do ye rict ti remember that."

He is quiet when he's finished, just staring down the new professor, then he nods to Kale to indicate he's done reprimanding for now.

(( I like the posts better where Hendry doesn't speak very much! D; His accent makes me think too much >3< ))

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry Empty My letter came back... and it brought a guest...

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:51 pm

"Y-yes ma'am, I'm Sebastian Moyer." the male looked her over, he was a little skittish as he talked, but she was a dean, she must be important... not to mention the fact that she knew his name. He wondered for a second who she knew his name, but before he could come up with answer her spotted her eye. He wondered what had happened for her to lose her eye, not exactly a first conversation topic in his opinion.

"I'm sorry to bother you ma'am, but I seemed to have lost my letter... the wind took it from my hand as I was double checking the information." he said softly. He was upset with himself.

He looked up at Hendry, "I really don't want their help, I do have enough control to teach a class, and I'm going to be using the resources to get myself help. It's not like I need them much anyway. I had this under control for the past few months, and you don't know me, you can't really make judgment from one mishap... from one mistake..." Sebastian didn't know why he had a strong voice toward Hendry, perhaps it was just because the man had never shown him kindness, perhaps it was because he reminded him of a man whom had previously done him wrong. Or perhaps he was getting to a point where his soft nature could no longer to take it.

Sebastian looked up at Kale, he was ashamed of himself, ashamed he lost the letter, and scared that she would take his one mistake the same way Hendry did, mostly because he wasn't used to being accepted as it were.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Kale had nodded at Hendry, sweet smile in place, but had otherwise stayed silent as the boatman chewed out Sebastian. Instead, she just observed thoughtfully, even as the white-haired man made his defense. It was only after both the men had returned their gaze to her after saying their piece that she made a slight humming noise. "Well, we do 'ave a problem, now don we? Before anything though, I would like to warn you, Sebastion Moyer," Lips pronounced the name carefully. "that you are not being judged on your one mistake as you call it, but rather the entire situation. You would do well to try and convince us of your worth before the situation ends, rather than dwell on what has already transpired." Her eye slightly narrowed, it was not a good sign. The pause was only long enough to signify a change in subject as Kale sighed and pulled back.

"You are lucky today, Monsieur, that I was free an' able to come to town when I found this washed up upon our beach." Kale produced a sad slip of paper that had been previously tucked up under the relative safety of the harpy's lower belt of her shirt. Unfolding it revealed it to be a previously expensive and high quality paper, reduced to a water-stained and torn scrap. The ink had run, leaving black marks, and even those had practically washed out. Barely legible anymore, in what was once careful and neat calligraphy, was the name Sebastian Moyer.

"Now, I do believe I have seen enough of these to know what it once was." Kale held the paper up for the man to see and tipped her head up, giving the impression that she was looking down at Mr. Moyer despite her mere 5 feet 2 inches of height compared to his 6 feet. "I 'ave found your letter, M. Moyer, and I am here to collect my 7 thousand dollar littering fee."
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry Empty Maybe if I show you...

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:49 pm

"Again, I a-apologize for the letter m-m-ma'am, and I can assure you it was m-merely an accident. I completely under-s-stand why you would wish to see wh-what I can do, as this isn't exactly a n-normal thing to happen, and I assume not many exceptions are m-made, how-however, I wish to help the students find a freedom of expression through art, learning the process that leads you to the final product rather than just taking art for art. I want to show them the freedom of expression through that process."

Sebastian set his bag down and pulled out his sketch pad. He flipped it to a new page, and within a minute, he had perfectly captured Kale's form on his page.

"I wish not not only teach them the form behind this sort of art, but also of the other forms of art and expression, such as writing or sculpture, and I plan on giving students a choice of what they wish to follow in the plan, I already have a few plans drawn up, and the student can pick one or more of the processes explained on these lesson plans, and use them to create their own form of art. Art is really not about what the professor makes of it, but what the student can take of it. This expression is what makes art so unique, which is why I wish to help each student on their journey to take their art and make it as unique as they are. I, in a sense, wish to teach individuality in the way that things are expressed." As he spoke there was such a shine in his eye, he seemed as if he was in a different world, as if he was a different person. He was so passionate about his work, his stuttering and stammering disappeared, and he seemed to bloom like a flower. He was sure that he could teach these children something, and he wanted to prove to Kale and Handry that he wasn't just some punk who thought he could be a professor because it was on a list of things to do. He wanted to teach others that it was okay to be different, and that new art really is a sense of individuality that the artwork is based upon.

I'm sure that speech will totally make her want you a a professor... Vlad comments sarcastically, which actually gets Sebastian to snap Shut. Up! at Vlad, which was especially rare from the usually timid male.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:08 am

Hendry's expression grows from angry to progressively bored and annoyed with his rambling, until he's finally just stopped listening to the new teacher, completely uninterested in his excuses or drawing. He leans over to glance at the letter Kale had pulled out, recognizing the parchment type and the scrawl of 'Sebastian Kevin Moyer' to be Everly's. His eyebrows raise, uncertain of whether to be amused or more annoyed that Sebastian is too preoccupied with agonizing himself and Kale with his endless ranting, that he hasn't even seemed to notice the letter or the amusing fine that Kale has decided to charge him for it's return. Hendry tried not to notice the shine in Sebastian's eye because it agitated him.

Finally he mumbled more to himself and Kale, but loud enough for Sebastian to hear if he was finished in his own little world. "Weel, I suppose if hit's not important eneuch ti notice, he disn't want that note back."

The boatman has realized that now with the letter present, even if he dislikes this man, he really should ferry him across. He was almost disappointed because he had been progressively looking forward to leaving without him. But that didn't mean he still couldn't give the lad a hard time.

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry Empty I'll do anything for my letter...

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:22 am

((I wasn't quite clear it seems, when I said 'at Vlad' I meant for it to be in his head, but I guess out loud is find too.))

Since Sebastian had finished his little speech to the teacher, he sits down with his backpack before him, his sketchbook on the sand beside him as he tries to find the money that would possibly return his letter to him. First he pulls out a small rock, and as he finds each bill from the backpack that practically eats his arm he puts it under the heavy rock counting under his breath as he finds the money. It wasn't that he hadn't heard about the fine, he was just responding to her first request before actually going to dig the money out of his backpack. He wanted to prove that he was worth something more than the money he would have to hand over for his letter's safe return.

"Seven thousand." the boy said out loud picking the money up firmly, and holding it out for Kale to take. He would do anything to have his hand on the letter once again. (short of dieing of course). His body trembled slightly as he waited for the woman to accept his money for the fine. It was the last of his money, which made him glad he practically packed home into the bag on his back (including a fridge and the kitchen sink).

In the sand, on the page, his picture came to life, it gave a slightly annoyed look that it was drawn in an uncomfortable position and went through his other drawings and brought back a copy of a chair that the drawing then sat in. Typically the drawing wouldn't reflect the personality of the person it was drawn of until a few days later.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:54 pm

(( Ah sorry, I will omit it from my post then. I interpreted it as out loud because it was in regular quotes in the same manner as spoken aloud. Perhaps we will construct a guide in the announcements. It is common in novels for thoughts and internal monologue to be typed in italics, so that's an option. ))
Valentin
Valentin
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 175
Weight : 54

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=aalc+valent

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry Empty -insert ooc post here-

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:59 pm

((I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make the confusion I thought it was explained, however, its alright. I'll go put it in italics,... XD I guess i just thought that that part was suppose to be in quotes the way it was set up.))

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:25 pm

Kale only raised an eyebrow, still standing and letter in hand, as Sebastian spilled his reasons for being a teacher. If Kale had a heart that was even marginally less selfish, she might have been inspired by the speech. But as it were, the harpy was only amused at the big talk and the drawing. At Hendry's snide comment, Kale shot him a side glance and her lips split into a cruel grin. Besides a dark chuckle, the Dean waited while M. Moyer produced her littering fee. As it was offered to her, her eye flickered from the money up to the man's face.

"Money is such a dirty and useless thing, izn't it? But, I don't do something for nothing." Kale then accepts the money with a lazy grasp, folding it with delicate care in both hands, head down while she does so. Once it was in a neat rectangle, Kale glanced up through her bangs, grinning mischievously. "If you want the money back in the future, I do accept debt and favors."

The harpy then tossed her head, flipping her bangs to the side, opening her body language and expression to pleasantly amused. The subject changed with her demeanor and she offered the beaten acceptance note with a flick of her wrist.

"If you want it, babe then you got it. Jus remember that the road to 'ell is paved with good intentions. For what itz worth though, I do hope that you and your ideals do not get crushed under harsh reality." Her Parisian tone was seemingly sincere despite her smirk, but her eye was alight; she did not hold much hope. "Now, I suggest you try asking about a ride over to the Academy again with the letter, Hendry really is the final say."

(( sorry ^^; Kale's so heartless and mean. ))
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry Empty appology

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:18 am

"Y-yes ma'am." he gave a small bow to her, before turning to Hendry, "I know we got off on the wrong foot sir Hendry, please, if I could have a second chance, I would like to be aboard your boat to the castle."

The man searched Hendry's eyes after pushing his bangs to the side, and his braid back. He gives a small smile holding out the slightly damp letter. He was a little afraid of the man, worried that his decision would really be "no".

((sorry it's short, I just didn't have much to reply (I don't ted to use endless description)))

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:54 am

The decision wasn't easy for Hendry. Usually this ferrying business was rather simple, take the letter, ferry them across. But this situation had become so much more than that. There was passion in the young teacher’s voice, to be sure, but was he really up for the job? There was something definitely unstable about his demeanor, no matter what control the lad claimed he had, and that could pose a danger to the students. Hendry did not enjoy the weight of the decision resting on his already weary shoulders.

He shoved his hands deep into the pockets of his worn jacket, furrowing his already deeply creased brow. Sebastian's sketchbook was still lying in the sand, revealing his latest drawing. Well, at least the lad had some talent. Whether or not he could teach it was another question.

Looking towards the sky, Hendry noted how far the sun had moved since he had first docked at Sindri’s Cove. He had a nice, comfortable little cabin and fireplace waiting for him back on Lillegard Island, and he planned to reach it before dark.

"Aye," he said, finally deciding. "Get ye in the boat than." He paused for a moment, considering. But then spoke again before the teacher could respond. "But lat me give ye wan final warnin', lad. Git som damn control o yerself. If I hear o ane problem involvin ye. I'll be the first ti knock on yer door. Hear me, laddie?" He met the boy's eyes with his own, and there could be no doubt of the sincerity in his words.

((short is fine. As long as there's something to respond to. ^^))

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry Empty Internal conversation - they're not going away...

Post  Guest Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:49 am

"Y-yessir Hendry." Sebastian said as he gathered up his sketchbook, which he closed, and threw in his backpack. He smiled following Hendry, he wanted to help the best he could at the school.

See, I didn't f*** you over that bad, so there's no need to sit here and whine and cry to me about how horrible your life is... got it Sebby?

R-really, it was y-your fault that Hendry was going to l-leave me...

Yeah but you got to show off your skills...

Only because you almost screwed me over! Sebastian was starting to get annoyed with Vlad, he was becoming stronger, slowly, but he was starting to really fight against Vlad.

Seems like someone is finally getting a backbone...

Can I get out and run? Please?

Not right now Ludolf, we'll run later. Sebastian also wanted to get running. Ludolf and he were actually somewhat close. They got along, sometimes. Ludolf just had to be watched when he was out because he had gotten Sebastian lost more than once.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:23 pm

Kale chuckled and patted Hendry on the shoulder in a friendly and supportive way.

"You're a good man, Hendry." Then her smile got a little sheepish. "Also, I'm going to need that ride as well." Her wings shifted, settling the feathers. She still didn't like not being able to fly intentionally to the island, but was slowly getting over it. At least the boatman and herself were friendly with each other. The harpy tucked the rectangle of money up under the lower belt of her shirt where Moyer's acceptance note had stayed for the flight to town (thanks to pocket-less shorts), and tread casually over in the direction of the boat.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next