The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Step one, find Hendry

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Step one, find Hendry - Page 2 Empty Re: Step one, find Hendry

Post  `NPC Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Hendry nodded curtly in Sebastian's direction. At least the lad hadn't gone off into one of his rants again. The old man walked the few steps back to his boat at the end of the dock and placed his hand on the post that held his old boat's tether. He almost untied it, but thought it better to wait for his passengers to get in. He must be feeling more impatient than usual.

"Aye, hit'll be ma pleasure," he said to Kale, turning around and leaning slightly on the post. "Both o yes hop in, than." His voice was raspier than usual and he cleared his throat against the familiar salt air.

Hendry tried to meet Kale's good eye with his own cloudy ones before she got in. "Ye'll keep yer eeye on this ane?" he said quietly, shifting his eyes quickly to Sebastian and back again. As grumpy as the old man always appeared, he cared about those students over there, as well as Everly and the professors he already knew.

`NPC
Admin

https://aalc.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry - Page 2 Empty What am I suppose to say?

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Sebastian climbs in quietly, a lot was on his mind. He was going to be watched after all. He really didn't know what to do, if he was going to be watched like that how could he possibly do any wrong. He was actually worried about what could happen, if he screws up, he could possibly be taken from the school. He would have to try to summon one of the great psychologists from the books to get help, just as many of his kind did. It would technically be his own private psychologist, and would remain with him (in his room) until he or she was put back into their book.

Sebastian took a seat and sat quietly trying to figure things out. "So um.... " he just fell silent, unsure of what to say. He just looked over the two, knowing that they didn't quite approve of him. He was uncomfortable as he hoped to possibly make friends soon. He wasn't sure exactly what he would call Kale and Hendry. They seemed more like overseers than anything.

((If someone wants, they can come up with a psychologist character to be used later upon Sebastian managing to summon one... if not, its alright. ^_^))

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:50 pm

Kale was smiling, that is, until Hendry whispered his concern to her. With her hearing, most levels of sound were decipherable, so his was as clear as if he had spoken normally. Her expression fell flat, and she glanced at both the men before just looking up at the sky. Not bothering to whisper back to the boatman, she spoke at a clear volume.

"I keep an eye on everything, Hendry, but no, I will not babysit him. It is not in my job description. Fear not though, if someone is no longer beneficial, they disappear," Kale's hardened and unforgiving glare impaled a hovering cloud, betraying her playful appearance and exposing her heartless center for but a moment. "just like always." And just like that, the eye was closed and a sweet and innocent smile took the stage. Like nothing was said, the owl harpy lightly hopped into the boat, her minimal weight hardly even rocking the floating boards. She settled herself so that she was facing the soon-to-be teacher.

"So um...." Kale echoed. "Lets start with the basics. You may call me Dean Kale, Professor Kale, or Mademoiselle Kale. If I decide I like you enough later, you will be able to call me just Kale." Her innocent smile took on a devious quality once again. "I will call you Sebastion, or Monsieur Moyer for the majority of the time. I do not care what else you may go by, honestly." The harpy leaned forward, elbows on her knees and chin on her palms. "If you have any questions about me or about the school, you may have the time to ask them of me now."
Kale
Kale
Admin

Height : 157 cm
Weight : 2.6 kg

http://fav.me/d62hutp

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:54 am

Hendry turned to the tether. He was satisfied with Kale's response. He knew the island well enough to know that the island and everyone on it could handle themselves.

He turned to the tether, quickly untying it with his old but agile hands. The rope made a solid thud as it hit the boat floor. He lept into the boat more nimbly than seemed possible for his age. Then, settling himself in the middle, he loosened his oars from their places on top of the boat's sides. Pressing the paddles deep into the water and pushing forward, they began to make headway. He felt the familiar strain in the backs of his shoulders. It was always nice to be back at sea.

The old man decided to remain quiet for the rest of the ride and let Kale handle the questions this time. He stared straight ahead as Lillegard Island slowly faded into view in the not-so-far distance.

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry - Page 2 Empty Maybe I missed something...

Post  Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:43 pm

"Mademoiselle Kale, I actually like the way that sounds." Sebastian smiled, his eyes had been watching Hendry, it was good to know that appearances were deceiving with the man. He thought over things that he could ask, but he didn't really find anything that was truly pressing, before he asked, "When we get to shore, the letter said it takes a day for a normal human to walk, are you going to fly to the castle then, or are you going to go it the slow way Mademoiselle Kale?"

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry - Page 2 Empty -insert ooc post here-

Post  Guest Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:46 pm

(Just wanted to say sorry that it took me so long, it was just that i got REAL sick to my stomach on Sunday, and haven't really felt well enough to have a clear enough head to post here since then. )

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:14 pm

Kale blinked before she scoffed, leaning back against the side of the boat, the top joints of her wings relaxed and spread, leaving the tips of her feathers tucked in together behind her on the floor. Her 4.6 meter wingspan was too big for the confines of the floating transportation, and while she wanted to stretch her muscles, she didn't dare dip her silky feathers into the salt water.

"What an odd question to ask. Is that really what you are wondering about?" Kale raised an eyebrow, giving the man a disbelieving and unimpressed look. This lasted only a moment as the harpy then huffed and tossed her head to her left, casting Sebastian into her blind spot as if finding the distancing coast much more interesting in that moment. The corner of her slightly down-turned lips was visible beneath the edges of her bangs. "Very well, if that is your question. I don't rightly know yet. If it feels right to fly, I might fly, if not, then I wont. The wind is as kind as it is harsh in a moments notice, and our island is a peculiar place." Her head turned just enough to catch Sebastian out of the corner of her eye. "Did you perhaps have a specific want for company or solitude? Or is this a lead in to asking for a lift?"

(( D: Oh noes, do feel better. It's quite alright if you can't post right away, we understand that real life happenings get in the way sometimes. ))
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:20 pm

The island was now fully visible just in front of the ferry boat. The familiar sight comforted Hendry. It had been a long day, and he was ready to call it a night. The sky was darkening, and for a brief moment, the boat man wondered what travelling at in the dark would be like for the new teacher. Ah well, he thought, It's the boys own damn fault. Would've been here a lot sooner if he hadn't've lost that letter.

The boat pulled up next to the small dock. Hendry lifted the oars up onto the side of the boat and tied them back into their places. He grabbed the rope tether and held it firmly in one hand before he stood up and hoisted himself onto the dock. His booted feet landed firmly on the old wood. Grabbing the post, he began to tie the rope in a secure knot as he addressed his passengers.

"Weel, this here is where I stop." He slightly at his waist and pointed to the beginnings of dirt road just behind them. The sandy beach slowly sloped up into grassy dunes, and in the middle was the start of the road. "Follow that there road, and ye'll fin yer way alright wether or not Miss Kale comes wit ye."

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry - Page 2 Empty I would never...

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:58 pm

Sebastian nodded and stepped out of the boat, "Mademoiselle Kale, I would never request a lift unless I absolutely needed it, I really don't mind either way. I would enjoy your company. Sorry I just haven't had the pleasure of talking to many people, I really have troubles starting up conversations, I'm sorry."He was wondering if she would really join him, if she did he'd really have to think about letting Ludolf out. He trusted Ludolf to be behaved if he did let him out, it was just the fact that he was worried what she would think if he just let another piece of himself out. At the least, however, Ludolf didn't seem to be complaining about Kale as he normally would if he didn't like someone that Sebastian was around. His wolf ears were showing already, but Sebastian hardly noticed. He looked over at Hendry, "Thank you for taking me across Mister Hendry, I'm still sorry about the trouble earlier."

((I'm finally back, and glad to be ... well not sick. Sorry it took so long.))

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:43 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Kale blinked, and watched as Sebastion stepped out of the boat, curious. The man was strange, seeming as though all the world's woe was on his shoulders. The harpy gave an amused sigh and rose, silent, hopping lightly out of the boat, nodding gratefully to Hendry.

"Merci, Hendry, iz always a pleasure." She dusted herself off before strolling on towards the road. With careful and delicate steps, her long toes, reminiscent of her owl half, splayed and came together fluidly with the motion of rolling hips. Wings were tucked in neatly behind her shoulders, and the bird adored the coming night, a flicker of energy in her ebony eye.

"Monsieur Moyer, I will not be joining you, but you would be wise to join me on my way back." In her own haughty way, it was a voice partially saying that she would lend her company. But the ghost of pleasantness was covered as she glanced over her shoulder and pinned the man with a cold aloof look. "You are not the top of the food chain on this island." The expression quirked into a smirk as Kale turned back around and continued on her way, not really caring if the other teacher would follow or not. It really was up to him.

(( Glad you're feeling better. =] ))

Last edited by Kale on Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:21 pm

((omg i feel so stupid, i missed the question, I re-posted. I'm sorry. I'm still getting over the unclear thoughts part of the sickness. I'm sorry!!!!))

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:27 pm

(( Ah. ^^; It's quite alright, it happens. You're post fit either way, you didn't really have to edit.
I've tweaked mine as well, I believe we're all back on track now. But really, don't sweat it. You've been a really solid RP-er so far. xD ))
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  `NPC Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:01 am

Hendry grunted a reply to the thanks of the two professors. He watched them for a brief moment as they began heading for the road.

As for himself, he headed north, taking a small sandy path that led over the sand dunes. The tall grass grabbed at the ragged ends of his old coat, and the wind pushed against him. Just over the dunes sat the little shack he liked to call home. His thoughts went to the wool blanket waiting for him inside, and he hurried his steps.

He arrived just in time to miss the beginnings of the rain.

((and Hendry's out. Good luck guys. ^^))

`NPC
Admin

Back to top Go down

Step one, find Hendry - Page 2 Empty And the wolf shows himself...

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:49 am

Sebastian nodded, he expected this. He let Ludolf shift out as the wolf, "Good evening Dean Kale." Ludolf greeted as he stretched following the woman, "According to Sebastian, my name is Ludolf, pleasure to meet you." Ludolf wasn't very talkative, but he liked to be the pack leader when he had a group of wolves around him, and usually they aloud him to shift in as the pack leader for the short time he was around.

I wonder if there are any wolves around here... I also wonder if Mademoiselle Kale will be accepting of you Ludolf, please just be polite...

I'm not stupid... or should I say I'm not Vlad, put some faith in me, we both know I can handle this, remember if it wasn't for me you'd be fighting Vlad off a lot more often. When Ludolf was around, Vlad didn't try to force his way out, mostly because Vlad didn't like messing with Ludolf. So when Ludolf and Vlad were together, there was a lot less tension as the two enjoyed working together, for the most part. The only problems that arose were between Ludolf's instincts and Sebastian's brains.

((Guess we switch to the dirt path then?))

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:04 pm

((This same post is in the Dirt Road part, ^_^))

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2