The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Like Father Like Son

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Like Father Like Son Empty Like Father Like Son

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:21 pm

It was much too cold for his tastes. Disapproving eyes preened the room, finding the rather dank room much too lacking for his standards. Of course, misbehaving students deserved nothing less than this, but he at least liked some comfort to himself. A battery powered torch clutched in one hand, and a wheelbarrow of old, dusty metal sheets in the other, topped with cloth and a spray bottle of water. The batteries of the torch was new, so he didn't count on it running out any time soon. At the very least, he didn't want to be locked in the darkness with his... detentionee.

He frowned at the memory. Ah, he really wasn't that mad at all at Ndale for crashing into him. No skin off his nose. Students were students. But his lengthy little... story was amusing, to say the least. He hadn't recalled much of anyone else trying such cheeky techniques on him, and Rendaz had believed he was pretty knowledgeable in the common excuses they'd use. But he wasn't about to let him get away with pushing so many buttons. Oh, hell no.

His hand rested on the desk, claws tapping impatiently. If that blasted cheetah didn't show up for his punishment, by all means he was prepared to storm into his room and drag him here by the scruff.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Height : 168 cm
Weight : 82 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Rendaz-Flammy-326794937

Back to top Go down

Like Father Like Son Empty Re: Like Father Like Son

Post  Ndale Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:45 pm

The dark stares were damp and the wall was practically mildewing. The feline edged away, not keen on having any of these surfaces touch his clean fur. It was bad enough he was walking down here this far. He never came down to the dungeons. The cellars, sure, the basement, fine, but the dungeons, ew. Huffing, the cheetah strolled languidly down and towards the detention cell.

Really, he didn't know why he had to go... it was stupid. He really hadn't done anything that bad. Besides, his story-laced threats were perfectly honest. He glared dully as he navigated his way. Approaching the door, he nudged it open with paw and slipped inside, bright dilated eyes glancing about the room as if unsure whether or not he should enter. Seeing Rendaz already waiting for him, he slipped in, sitting just inside the doorway and stared at the mechanics professor as if already waiting for the cue to be able to leave.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Height : Cheetah: 96 cm (3'2") / Human: 180 cm (5'11" ft)
Weight : 60 kg

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:40 am

As soon as he heard the squeak of an opening door, his sharp gaze immediately turned to the offending cheetah. He was almost half-surprised that he'd shown up at all, even though his delayed arrival didn't exactly live up to the standards of the 'world's fastest land mammal'.

"Well?" he expectantly cracked, his claws still tapping against the desk. "Give us a grin. You said you'd be looking forward to this." He chuckled harshly, shaking his head to himself as he recalled what Ndale had dragged himself into. "You did offer to help..." he offhandedly reminded him, although he fully expected him to already know.

"So!" He sat down on the desk, his hands leaning on the surface to either side of him. He leaned forward, his eyes gesturing briefly towards the wheelbarrow of metal plates before back to Ndale. "You wanna start thinking about cleaning that up?" He didn't care if it was cleaned at all. In fact, it was likely they'd be dumped back into the supply room to gather dust all over again. But he was actually interested to see if Ndale would actually follow through with the command.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:38 pm

The feline gave a bland look at the Ruckarl for his comments and he blinked. Then, rather suddenly, he peeled back his lips to display rows of pointed teeth that looked odd of the cheetah's muzzle, a mix between a blinding grin and just a baring of teeth, though it was undeniably a cheeky move. He tilted his head and flicked his tail before dropping the expression.

His gaze flickered to the wheelbarrow. He....really didn't want to clean those. But, well...he had offered to "help" as Rendaz had said. Rising, he trotted over to the thing as if to start in on the task without complaint or opposition. Curiously, he sniffed around the wheelbarrow before rearing up to place his paws gently on the edge to peer inside. Blinking, he scrunched his nose in distaste only briefly before shoving forward, aiming to tip the thing and send the metal sheets thundering to the ground. Putting on a surprised expression, like it had been an accident, he teetered back on two legs a few steps before dropping to all fours again, tilting his head and looking at his work. His tail flicked lightly as he sat back down on his haunches and looked to Rendaz with big, wide, bright innocent eyes. A small cocky smirk pulled one corner of his mouth up just the slightest bit.

This was the trait of cats, do something evil purposefully, act like it wasn't your fault, and then proceed to be too cute and innocent for punishment. Though, in this case, he assumed that he might just get in to more trouble. But then, hey, rinse and repeat until the man just gave up.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:42 pm

As the cheetah 'grinned' back at him, Rendaz was inclined to return his own, although it wa sanything but genuine. His lips were pulled back to reveal his gnarly teeth, before splitting into another humourless chuckle.

He observed as Ndale went to inspect the wheelbarrow, not really expecting much in terms of productivity. Really, what could a cheetah do to clean up? He didn't seem to flinch or look surprised at all as the materials clattered to the dank floor. He did lean forward through, his eyes squinting in the dim light.

The cloth was scooped up the floor before it was tossed lightly in Ndale's direction. "Can't imagine it'd be too easy workin' with paws there," he cracked. "But seriously, are you gonna continue making this harder for yourself or are you actually gonna do something."

There was an almost threatening glint inhis eye. "I have all day y'know."
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:33 pm

The only indication he was displeased with Rendaz's lack of reaction was the pinning back of his ears. The cheetah looked to the cloth that flopped on to the floor directly in front of him plainly before back to the scattered metal. Then, he looked at his paws and back to Rendaz.

"I didn't bring any clothes, I can't change back to use hands." He said in a cheeky tone. "Lets avoid that awkward situation of me being naked in front of you yes?" Ndale's lips peeled back in a slight smirk and he rose to trot around to sit next to the seated mechanic professor, leaving the cloth on the floor.

His eyes glinted in much the same threatening, though mischievous, light.

"Good to know. I have all day too. We can just spend it together in here...bonding, since you know, I can't do anything in my current state...paws, you know. Which, are rather cold here in this cell..." The large cheetah paused before rearing up to place his front paws on the chair and tensed to jump up into Rendaz's lap.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:48 pm

Rendaz gave a smoky sigh as he listened to Ndale's, in his opinion, rather lame excuse. He knew full well that the cheetah intended to come unprepared. To be fair, Rendaz cared little whether he was clothed or unclothed as long as he did his job. But he decided just to play along with his tomfoolery in the meanwhile.

"No hands? Well, isn't that a convenient shame. I'm sure you cats are crafty enough to use some other instrument to clean." He brows raised as if an idea had just happened upon him. "Ah! Your tongue is good enough, I presume? Don't worry at all about the grime - I've seen cats clean their own backsides with that thing."

His pleasant suggestion was dulled by the fact that arrogant cat decided to hop onto his lap like he owned it. At first he allowed him to jump on, showing know visible sign that he was at all displeased. But before he could allow that blasted cheetah to get at all comfy, he'd raise both arms and attempt to shove him straight off. Well, he did always want to see if that 'cat landing on all fours' rumour was true.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Ndale made a disgusted face.

"Yuck, sorry, I'm no common cat. Mother's pampered me far too much." He smirked sharply. "The only thing I clean with my tongue anymore is my boyfriend." He intentionally worded it suggestively, though he was actually thinking back to relatively innocent cake eating that had turned in to a cake fight.

He grinned triumphantly, having gained access to Rendaz's lap. However, it was short lived as the arm's came up. As he was shoved, he tried to cling on, resulting in the attempted digging of claws into the ruckarls lap as Ndale slid and slipped off.

Almost immediately, the insistent cat tried again to return to his claimed seat on his new father's lap.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:48 am

An eyebrow was raised quizzically as Ndale continued to push his excuse. Sometimes, he really just couldn't tell if the cheetah intended to be serious. He did know that the moment he lost his patience, the cheetah would declare himself victor. Being a dean, he could simply not allow that.

When he didn't fall off his lap as smoothly as he had hoped, he grimaced, mostly because of the pinpricks of claws in his thighs. Ah, Ndale was just asking for it. He only stared as the kid resumed position on his lap.

"Such a waste. To have the tools equipped and only spare them for something so... frivolous." He gave a sigh, as if it were such a terrible loss. "If you're no common cat, why have you lowered yourself to begging for attention on my lap? Your logic is... inconsistent," he remarked, pushing himself off the table to stand up straight, planning on the cheetah having little choice but to return to the floor.

Regardless, he would bend down to swipe the water spray he'd also brought. Nonchalantly, he'd point it in the vague direction of Ndale. "There is another option though. You could always offer yourself as a wet rag to clean it with."
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:53 pm

He smirked in victorious satisfaction as Rendaz grimaced and he reclaimed his rightful seat. Ha. Take that. He always won. It's what he did.

He scoffed at what the mechanic said though.

"Oh, my logic is very consistent." He paused as Rendaz suddenly stood, and he pouted as he likewise found himself sliding. He had to hop off and, unhappily, found himself back on the floor. Shaking his head and snorting, he stretched back like nothing was amiss, yawning wide and lazily, slinking lazily around in a circle confidently, turning his head back to smirk at Rendaz. "I do what I please, as simple as that. It would not please me to lick your grimy metal plates, however, it does please me to gain attention and bother you at the same time by invading your lap." His eyes glinted. "My low point is pretty low. I'll do pretty much anything to do or get what I want." His smirk turned in to a toothy grin and his tail flicked haughtily. It dropped however, seeing the water spray.

At first, Ndale raised his eyebrow, but sneered and swung his tail end around, stepping out to widen his stance. He lowered his head, eyes narrowing on the spray. He had been a pet once. He knew this tactic.

"Sorry, my fur is high quality. You'd lower the value if you used it in such a way. Perhaps you should use that pink boa instead..." The corner of his lips turned up, eyebrow quirking in a daring sense. "Besides, you wouldn't." He scoffed and jerked his head in gesture to the bottle, trying to call the bluff.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:08 pm

Rendaz stared down at the cheetah, listening intently to his rather drawn out rant. His arms crossed - an almost bemused expression creeping upon his face. Who did he think he was kidding?

When he'd finished, the ruckarl found himself to be chuckling, shaking his head and raising his free hand to his forehead. "My, my," he began between snickers, "someone has their head stuffed up their own ass."

He twirled the water spray in his claws, his smirk rather smug. "Lower the value of fur - heighten the value of material. Sounds like a fair deal to me. Unless you intend to do something other than flaunt yourself with it, don't try and convince me otherwise."

"I do admire your determination though," he nodded offhandedly. "And I'll play along with your little game." He crouched down to the cheetah's eye level, lowering his voice, his tone rather snide. "I'm the one with the spray, and you're the one with the duty. Use that brain of yours. Think what might happen if you decide not to do it." He allowed a pause, a grin widening his face. "Then tell me this, which sounds more... pleasing, to you?"
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:48 pm

At Rendaz’s chuckling, Ndale flattened his ears back, looking slightly offended. His eyes narrowed and he scoffed.

“Indeed. I didn’t know you were so flexible. Looks like you might be stuck in that position though. I hope you don’t expect me to help with that as well.” He snarked back. “And besides, I’m oh-so-very flaunt-able. I have it, so why not? It’s handy.” He looked up and down Rendaz, and then glared at the water spray. The feline peeled back his lips and hissed sharply, nose crinkling and ears going flat against his head in a threatening manner. When he stopped, however, he paused and seemed to be actually considering the options.

Eventually, a smirk came over his features and he stepped forward to glide smoothly around the mechanics professor in a circle, joints rolling.

“Come now, why don’t you use your brain? You’re the one with the ideas; I’m the one with the means. Admit it. I have a knack for getting what I want and it’s entirely possible I can get you what you want. Surely there are better ways to use me than as a rag or a cleaning instrument for things I am willing to bet you don’t really care about. So pick something you do care about…” Sharp amber eyes tracked the ruckarl. Ndale was always confident he could get what he set out to get. Information, objects, people… He strove to be able to manipulate it all like toys. In effect, Ndale was offering Rendaz use him as an ear or a hand. It’d certainly be more interesting and entertaining than licking metal scraps clean.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:13 pm

The water spray was coolly twirled in his grasp, his claw occasionally tapping the trigger as if to emphasize his readiness to pull it. The more Ndale spoke, the more difficult it was to resist just setting it off it to teach that cheeky cat a lesson. However, he held his cool. He'd save it until necessary. In a way, it felt more satisfying to outsmart him than to simply disregard his arguments.

His offer did cause him to raise his brows, intrigued. His resulting silence was thoughtful, and it did look like he was considering it. Finally, he snorted. "Of course I don't care about the metal. But I'll have you know I'm not doing this for entertainment or profit." He leaned forward slightly, placing his free hand on the floor to aid his balance. "I'm teaching you a lesson. Heck, I'm doing you a favour." He allowed a pause to breathe smoke, unwilling to elaborate on this. "I also don't care what you can provide for me. I've got everything I need... And if I don't, then I can get it myself." The glance he gave him with rather scolding. "I'm not that desperate."

"So you gonna do it or not? Wouldn't want you to suffocate." He glanced upwards at the small cloud of smoke that had collaborated by the ceiling.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Amber eyes watched the water spray with no small amount of dislike and mistrust. Though, the cheetah was pleased the ruckarl was at least considering his offer. His neck arched and ears pinned back as Rendaz leaned towards him though he refused to actually take any steps back. He set a flat look on his face, locking eyes with the older male.

"And what favor is that?" He asked dully. He certainly saw no favors in this, and he even more certainly would not be thanking him. "If you're really wanting to help me, teach me how to shoot." Ndale raised an eyebrow, casually bringing up the suggestion again. He had mentioned it before, and he was entirely serious. Then, he smirked and became confident again, ears turning forward.

"I would think you smarter than that. The point of having me do it is so that it can't be traced back to you. Besides, how you get information is just as important as actually getting the information." He tilted his head in a cocky manner, tail flicking behind him. He glanced upwards at the cloud and peeled back his lips in a slightly disgusted sneer.

"You know, it's not good to smoke around your kids."
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:29 pm

"That's for me to know and you to find out," he tartly responded. The reply was obligatory and cliche, but he could find no other words that would pass the message more effectively. At the suggestion of teaching him to shoot, he gave a slight huff. He'd assumed that it was a spur of the moment thing - he had requested it directly something rather stranged happened to - what was his name again? - the fuzzy haired lad he was always around. Well, apparently not. "Not until I know I can trust you with a weapon." He raised a brow. "Mister I'll-do-anything-to-get-what-I-want."

He shook his head. "I find it laughable how you think being an arrogant, troublesome pest gives you the right to present yourself as a mastermind," he said, his tone rather mocking.

He purposefully blew another breath of smoke, dividing it with his raised figners. "It's not good to disobey your parents y'know."
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:04 pm

With eyes narrowed, head tilted and tail flicking, the cheetah glared at the older man.

"Exactly. Whether or not you teach me, I'll learn it somehow. Even if I have to do it myself." He raised both his eyebrows daringly. Either Rendaz could supervise him...or...he'd do it on his own and possibly injure someone or himself or maybe even both. Then a wide grin split across his face again.

"But don't you see? Being an arrogant, troublesome pest is part of my plan. Persistence gets you places, really. Besides, most of the time I don't bother, I don't always want to think everything through, it gets boring." He snickered lightly. "and already something's working for me...I've caught your interest..." The cheetah lowered his head and tone, looking up slyly, challenging that statement.

"Plus, trust me, I'll hang off every word you say the moment I believe you're telling me something worthwhile. Cleaning plates, however, as we've already both agreed...is rather pointless and not really why we're here."

He was gambling on this being right. He didn't actually know what Rendaz was thinking, he was just taking a shot in the dark. Rendaz seemed a smart man, and he had already state he didn't care about the plates... Ndale now just hoped he was right and hitting a spot here somewhere.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:09 pm

The ruckarl let out a small, indignant 'huh' at the cheetah's tart response. He suspected that he hadn't picked up the implication behind his words - well, they had been vague after all. Rendaz was starting to suspect that he'd just have to hand him the truth straight on a platter, which would be fair, seeing as Ndale seemed to be doing the same for him.

"Listen, squirt," he sneered, his tone becoming slightly more strained. "You said you would do anything to get what you want. And I'm gonna assume that means backstabbing me as well." He squinted his eyes, displeased. "I'm not gonna lay my faith down on some meddling kitten that's only trying to squirm his way out the hole he dug for himself. Not when he'll probably run off and tell the exact same thing to anyone else if it benefits him."

"It's not your quality I'm doubting, oh no. I think you make an exceptional twit." His sneer was almost amused. "But you ain't exactly setting up a reliable service for yourself. Why should I teach you to shoot? I may as well just shoot myself in the foot instead. It'd be faster, and saves me the pain of betrayal." He was pretty sure Ndale couldn't miss the implication of that one.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:30 pm

He listened to all the other said with a blank face, tail only flicking occasionally. At the end, he only simply sighed. This situation here, he figured, was two people who both believed they were the one in the right with the other just not getting it. He looked up at Rendaz again with a cool expression

"You're forgetting a rather important factor which protects you from any betrayal from me." He shook his head. "I'm not in a hole to be trying to squirm out of and I'm not trying to seem reliable. I'm just being honest. I'm resourceful and useful. You can trust me. You can trust me to be untrustworthy." He raised an eyebrow in a cocky manner, smirking and showing a canine. "and I already told you the reason you should teach me...because I'm going to go off and learn it anyway. This way, you'll have some control over it, and I'll be in somewhat of a..." He trailed off thoughtfully, as if trying to come up with the correct word. "Debt."

There was a moment of silence before the cheetah started again.

"Besides, you've already agreed to help Valentin and I build a new heart for me..." Ndale's tone was notably quieter for the bringing up of that subject.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:26 pm

Rendaz found himself shaking his head at Ndale's answers. It was just going back and forth, around in circles. They weren't getting anywhere with all this disagreement. But there was still a stubborn side of Rendaz that refused to let up. Rendaz was a professor, he was a student. Rendaz was older, he was young. Rendaz was right, he was wrong. It was the way things were.

"If I can't trust you with some pitifully easy chores, then how can I trust you with any important task?" he huffed. "As it stands, you're being about as useful as a foam hammer. At least show me you can follow orders." An eyebrow raised, as if challenging the cheetah to get himself out of that pitfall.

He raised his chin as if to give him a sort of superior edge over him. "I really couldn't allow that bumbling faun to take responsibility for your survival, could I? It was merely out of the pity of my heart."
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:30 pm

The cheetah snorted airily.

"Something is only useless if you give it value in something it's not meant to do. Yes, a foam hammer, when trying to use it as a real hammer, is going to be useless. But should you need to jokingly hit someone in the head and not cause harm, or need a prop in a play, then a foam hammer is indeed quite useful. Your fault here, is that you are trying to get something to do something it is not meant to do, therefore deeming it's value as low when really, it's value is extremely high if you would only use it properly. In other words: I have no value as a cleaner, but am very useful for other things and you should stop misusing me." His eyes narrowed and he gave the elder man an extremely unimpressed look. "It's the theory of the Uncut Block in Taoism. Though...I am going to assume you're not actually that well educated in things other than mechanics, are you...?" He rolled his eyes and shook his head. Yes, he had kind of just spat back some things he had read once when trying to find his place in the human world and found interesting, but hey, it worked to his advantage and that's what gaining knowledge was all about, no? Self gain.
"Annnddd, I told you. I'd follow your orders when you order me to do something useful, which brings us back to the whole foam hammer versus real hammer thing." He rolled his eyes up to Rendaz's face and raised his eyebrows in a 'are you finally with me here, stupid?' expression.

A grin pulled at his lips.

"Ah, you like me. You just wont admit it, that's why you're helping to save me, and you know it." Ndale's tail swayed happily in a rather cocky manner. In his opinion, he had just succeeded in getting around Renda'z logic yet again, and so the cycle continued...
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:39 pm

And there Ndale went again, evading his remarks. A sigh escaped his nostrils, something hat may have hinted at some sign of frustration, but certainly nothing that indicated that he was about to give up.

"Maybe I could've used a better analogy," he groaned. "Though I hope you understand that, even with what you've said, foam hammers are still pitifully useless." He was almost challenging Ndale on just why he would have the urge to go around bonking people's noggins.

"But you're mistaken. You're setting yourself up as... a utility, of sorts. But in reality, you're a student. And you're being punished. Is that really so hard to understand?" He gave a pitiful shrug, as if Ndale were a lost cause. And he might've been true.

"I'm educated in living," he sharply retorted. "Something which, you're doing a pretty awful job at doing at the moment without my help." A smirk flashed. "And please, don't flatter yourself. I merely tolerate you."
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:30 pm

All he could do at first was chuckle. There was small subtle signs of Rendaz's irritation with him, which, ultimately, was the majority of his goal here. He blinked up at the mechanic with large amber eyes..then promptly opened his jaws in a wide, loud, bored yawn.

"Listen, yes, I'm a student. But, I'd be better use as a utility. Besides, I didn't even do anything wrong and you're rather failing to punish me." Sharp shoulders shrugged half-heartedly, though he did give the man a small glare for the living comment.

"You say that as if I am failing to live. I assure you, I have lived already. In fact, I'm at the end of my lifespan. I'm just being greedy and extending it." He stopped and paused, then grinned. "Alright, you tolerate me, but perhaps you're just thinking that saving me will be a great present to Od? There's got to be something...not that I'm complaining really." He gave another half-shrug and stood up. Looking around, the cheetah seemed to rather suddenly make a decisions. "Alright, well, if you're not going to use me, then I guess we're done here. I'll see ya again later sometime." Ndale turned to stroll towards the door, tail flicking out behind him, without waiting for a dismissal.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:14 pm

As the cheetah stood up to leave, Rendaz's eyes tracked him disapprovingly. Really, somebody had to smack some sense into that twit. And the more time passed, Rendaz was finding that he was probably the one having to go through with this unfortunate duty.

But Rome wasn't built in a day. And you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Both of these idioms applied hideously well in this situation - it would be gruesomely difficult, he knew. Why bother? his initial thought was. He was tempted not to stop him at all, the thing was a lost cause, and he'd be exerting effort over something so pitifully rooted to his ideals.

"Now hold right there just a minute," he snapped. "If you wanna know what's wrong, it's your self-respect. or lack of it." He raised a brow. "And I ain't talking about your appearance."

He didn't move once from his spot - he trusted that the cheetah would be unable to resist making one last remark, so blocking his path wasn't too necessary.

"Don't you ever feel repulsed at yourself? Sinking so low? Letting yourself be used? Setting yourself up as a..." He gave him a quizzical glance. "Tool." He almost shuddered. "Forgive me for thinking so, but I have no respect for anything that proudly presents himself as a tool." He looked away uncaringly. "Really, it all depends whether you actually desire my respect or not." It was a risk, but if Ndale shrugged it off... then Rendaz would be more than happy to continue his disrespect.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:40 pm

The cheetah didn't seem like he was going to stop at Rendaz's call. Well, not until the other mentioned his self-respect. Halting, the cat turned its head to look at the other from the corner of his eye, expression blank and unreadable, but stayed silent until he was done. Ndale felt no need to explain himself to Rendaz, and considered simply walking out. However, he also was curious as to the other's opinion. Rendaz was not a fool, and the feline thought it interesting that he did not see what Ndale himself could see. As such, he decided to continue the conversation. His first comment was as flat as his expressed emotion but as harsh as if he had spat it with venom.

"You say that like I give a flyin' flip-shit." Ndale turned fully to train both eyes on the mechanic professor. "What I do works and I get the results I desire and as such, I respect myself quite highly. What do I care what others think of me - outside of situations needing them to think me a certain way because it benefits me, of course - ? I'm not going to change how I am just because I may or may not gain your respect. I see no need to make you like me in this moment. You either will or you will not. I don't believe you would be fooled by my attempts and so I am not insulting you by trying to anyway." He lowered his hind to sit, tail circling in a smooth motion to curl around his feet gently, arched to impeccable posture with chin held high in stubborn pride. "You know nothing about me. I was a pet for fifteen years and what I have come to know is that everyone is a tool. You are as well, you just either haven't admitted or realized it yet. Everyone plays with and is a toy for someone else. It's how the world goes around. Call it something else if the word 'tool' does not suit you, but it shall not change the meaning or the situation." The feline's tone was slow and deliberate, as if explaining something that should be simple to a little kid. "You could call me a mercenary, perhaps." He rolled his eyes in a big motion.

He was not one to flip flop and knew what he wanted and what he thought. There was no question in his mind that yes, he was a low person. He knew exactly where his moral boundaries lie and he wasn't afraid to admit that they were six feet under.

Staring straight at Rendaz, he put it every plainly.

"To satisfy the open-ended question of whether or not I desire your respect...it is this: To have it would be nice, beneficial, I'm sure, in some cases. However, I will not change my ways for anyone's opinion but my own. I have enough self-respect for that." Ndale nodded decisively before raising an eyebrow almost accusingly. "Do you?"
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:05 pm

As the cheetah turned his attention to him, Rendaz simply stared, holding his ground and allowing his rather lengthy rant to flow. His opinion of him seemed to lessen and lessen as he spoke, evident by his increasingly displeased expression. Finally, he found the incentive to return to standing up straight, glowering down at the cheetah.

"So maybe we are all tools," he growled. "And why should that be reason to behave like one? Sounds an awful lot like 'giving up' to me. Let's face it, who gets the respect? The power? The control? The king or his lowly slaves?" Of course, it wasn't as if he thought Ndale desired these things. He'd already come to believe the cheetah had very low ambitions indeed.

"Of course I do though..." he paused, before raising a brow. "But what do you mean, merely 'beneficial'? No, let me rephrase that. Why do you think I would extend the lifetime of some pest I have no respect for if I knew he would only continue to pester me for his remaining years?" He crossed his arms.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next