The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Like Father Like Son

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Like Father Like Son - Page 2 Empty Re: Like Father Like Son

Post  Ndale Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:29 pm

"Giving up?!" Ndale scoffed incredulously. "I admit, Professor, how surprised I am to find that you are so narrow minded!" His tone growled as eyes narrowed and ears pinned back, lips peeled to bare canines. "To think that the king is the only one with the power. I'm just not presumptuous enough to think that I start out a king. We're not like that, neither of us are! You have to get there, and that's called strategy." He hissed out. "What happens if a pawn endures the battle, only going forward on the beck of the king, to get to the other side of the board?"

The cheetah's tail flicked irritably. There was a brief moment of hesitation at the mechanic's threat, as if disbelief, but it was quick to pass as he muttered lowly.

"Don't make the mistake of thinking I need you. I have a mechanic." He lowered his head, glaring darkly.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Height : Cheetah: 96 cm (3'2") / Human: 180 cm (5'11" ft)
Weight : 60 kg

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:43 pm

At Ndale's aggressive indicators, Rendaz instinctively found his own defences rising - his teeth bared in a threatening manner, and smoke spewed at an increasing rate from his nostrils. "You made it sound like you were proud to be lowest on the hierarchy," he scoffed, spitting slightly. "Of course there's a climb. And just how are you progressing with that climb? Still just a utility?" The question was rhetorical, and he continued. "When you throw yourself in the path of others yelling 'use me, I'm low and dirty', exactly where does that take you? Nowhere."

It probably would've been easier just to accept his offer in the first place. But why should he do that? Rendaz had his own resources. He didn't need his help.

"You're wrong. You have a hopeless excuse of a mechanic."
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Height : 168 cm
Weight : 82 kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Rendaz-Flammy-326794937

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Even with Rendaz's own threatening signs, Ndale didn't back down. The professor couldn't hurt him. He rather arched his head up higher, ears pinning back, adopting a superior tone.

"You didn't answer my question. Perhaps that's because you don't know the answer. A pawn, if it can just survive its lowly station and suffer to the other end of the board, can become almost any piece it wants, including a queen. So yes. For now, I am proud to be that pawn. I, unlike the knights, bishops and rooks, have the ability to work my way up. And I don't throw myself out at people. I merely offered to you because I think you need all the help you can get." He sniffed haughtily. "But forget it. It would have been a risk to me anyway. My 'hopeless excuse of a mechanic' is a direct connection to Kale. Sure, it would have been a great spying opportunity, but if you're so against my tactics, then you're on your own. A connection to her might be more powerful for me than one to you anyway." He spat, obviously offended at Rendaz's thoughts on him. He said it, yes because he had thought about it and it might be true, but also because he knew that the harpy and the ruckarl were not friendly and it was mainly a point to make a stab at the other male.

Ndale was not so clueless. He knew something was wrong. He had bothered Kale enough to know what kind of woman she was and with Od as his mother, it was pretty safe to say that he was clued in to some things. That, and he didn't trust that evil harpy. There was no way a woman that immune to his charm could be not up to something. It was true, he didn't know most the situation. Probably less than Rendaz himself knew...actually, probably most likely less. But, Rendaz didn't need to know that. All he needed to point out was that soon he could know more than him. He hoped it would tick the mechanic off.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:43 pm

His eyes narrowed. Of course, Ndale was trying to make him regret this all. But why was he mentioning Kale in particular? Had the cheetah suspected something between them? But whatever, Rendaz reaffirmed his thoughts. There was nothing that Ndale could do that Rendaz couldn't do himself.

But the remarks had succeeded in agitating his nerves. "Don't underestimate me. At least I've lived my life more than being a pet for someone." He seemed to hesitate for a moment - longer than he intended to - before he continued. "And I couldn't care less what business you have with that woman. It only gives me a reason to trust you even less."

Before there was the chance for any tart response, he twisted around to his back towards him, a hand raised dismissively. "Don't let the door hit you on the way out."
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ndale Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:11 pm

His nose scrunched as he was rather rudely dismissed, but he sat silent for a moment rather than leave directly. Eventually, he spoke quietly.

"Far from it. I believe that my mistake was overestimating you." The feline's hackles had lowered, and farther from aggressive, his tone almost seemed a little sad. He wondered at the pet comment and his curiosity was peaked about the professor's own history, but he didn't feel like right now the man would be inclined to share with him. "You're right. I don't know what your life has been like or how you have lived it...but, there's one that that still makes you a good father." He hesitated. "You're a great model. Looking at parts of you, I know exactly what I need, and what I need not, to be. " Ndale shook his head and stood. He felt this meeting, in some ways, had been a failure. He had not achieved what he had come here for, and he believed he had played the man wrong. With this, he would reassess and try again.

He slowly strolled towards the door. Pausing only once more at the frame of it.

"I will still learn whether you teach me or not." He had said it before, and he would say it again. His determination on this would not falter. "and mmm," he gave a non-committed hum of agreement. "thank you for your concern." And with that, he left the cell and started up towards the main castle.
Ndale
Ndale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rendaz "Flammy" Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:20 pm

With his back still turned, Rendaz listened still to the cheetah's words. Of course, it was a common concept of psychology - in general, it was easier to admit things when you weren't staring in their face. And what Ndale admitted did intrigue him slightly, but he wasn't sure whether to be prideful to be some sort of... inspiration. In fact, it was unclear whether he'd intended it in a good way at all.

He did still intend to teach that brat how to properly wield a gun though. Not out of the supposed kindness of his heart, but perhaps because he didn't want to end up with unnecessary casualties littered about the building.

But he made no response, no indication that he'd even heard. After the cheetah left, he picked his own belongings, before returning to his room.
Rendaz
Rendaz "Flammy"
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2