The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Nocturnal No More

Go down

Nocturnal No More Empty Nocturnal No More

Post  Chayne Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:46 pm

It had taken Chayne a week or two to get used to navigating during the day, but he'd managed. Previously he'd only really come at night, but the whole castle was asleep then. He hadn't come to Lillegard just to wander aimlessly in the dark.

Now he carried four "witchlights" with him, on of which he'd put into a cup so the darkness emanating from it would be concentrated to any specific point of his choosing. This, he felt, was something that should have been patented a long time ago. It worked just like a flashlight.

Now that he'd gotten past his nocturnal side, Chayne had begun to feel more confident exploring the castle. There was always the lingering feel that he would end up going somewhere he wasn't supposed to be, but he did need to get a proper feel for the building during the day as well as the night.

The next room he stumbled across seemed to be of average size, something that was still big in comparison to the rooms from his old home but not nearly as large as the library. There looked to be some miscellaneous tables and chairs. It wasn't quite enough for Chayne to be able to guess the room's purpose though.
Chayne
Chayne

Height : 5'6'' / 168cm
Weight : 134lbs / 61kg

http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/gallery/31944486#/d4ms9cd

Back to top Go down

Nocturnal No More Empty Re: Nocturnal No More

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:56 pm

Rhys, tired of all the noisiness going on around the castle, stumbled about in the hallways before she reached the studies.

"Alas...some peace and quiet..." she said, relieved to find this room.

She turned the doorknob and peered inside. Something was in there, that had wings, like her. Whatever it was, she didn't want it ruining her alone time. She was thinking on turning tail but went for a more offensive gesture.

She creaked open the door. Then, she slammed it open, trying to startle the other.

"Oi. You there. Leave. I need this room."

Back to top Go down

Post  Chayne Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:12 pm

The slamming of the door did have the effect of making Chayne jump and he turned quickly to face the girl that had spoken. "Shining" his dark witch-flashlight at her, he could just make out the figure of a rather tall girl with wing-like appendages.

"Oh, hello." It took him a moment to register what she'd said but once he did he immediately questioned her authority. From what he could see, which admittedly wasn't much, the girl appeared to be a student. Chayne was beginning to feel as though the whole school was made up entirely of rude people. Who was she to kick him out of the room, he'd gotten her first... unless, this room actually was hers. He hadn't wandered into a dorm, had he? He wanted to take another look at the room itself, try to confirm or refute this train of thought, but he didn't want to appear distracted now.

He also didn't want to appear flustered at all, but there was no shaking that nervous tone to his voice, not to mention he hadn't fully thought out what he was going to say before speaking. "Oh, um.. sorry, could you just.. tell me what this room is? I haven't really learned my way around the school yet." Chayne lowered his witchlight after realizing he'd been shining it at the girl. Just because she had been rude didn't mean he had to be as well. However the action left him hardly able to make out her figure anymore. He pocketed his witchlight and held his hands behind his back before letting out a nervous laugh. It still gave off a faint darkness, but not nearly enough to let him see anything further than a foot away clearly.
Chayne
Chayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:20 pm

She glanced questionably at the cup in his hands. A most peculiar flashlight, darkness emitting from it instead.
It didn't seem of much importance, so she pushed away her thoughts and questions of it.

Back to reality, she realized his question. He probably doesn't know where this is. She could lie about it...or...

"It's the studies."

The words blurted out of her mouth faster than she could realize what she was doing. She looked anguished after saying that, then said, "I need to study here alone..."

She might've come on as rude to the other person, but she didn't care. She didn't need another person to pester her.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chayne Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:40 pm

Chayne allowed himself to examine the room once more when the girl identified it as the studies. A whole room to be used only for studying...? He supposed it made sense in a school, but there weren't any rooms like that in his old school. His tail moved in a slow, snake-like fashion as though somehow excited at the prospect of new intelligence. Chayne himself didn't even notice it.

He looked back at the girl as she continued to speak. A smile crossed his face, suggesting to her that he was no harm. "Oh, I won't be loud. I'm just trying to get a feel for the place during the day. I can't see too well in the light."

Feeling as though this were enough of an explanation, Chayne took the cup back from his pocket and shined it through the room some more. The tables and chairs did make sense if the room was to be used for studying. It was a shame it was too bright for him to be able to make use of it.
Chayne
Chayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:18 pm

She sighed. The boy just didn't get it, huh?

"Whatever. I don't really need this room, so do what you wish, as long as you don't pester me."

Rhys began taking more interest, however, in Chayne's 'dark-light'. Functioning the same as an ordinary flashlight, it served the other purpose.

'Can't see well in the light...huh...' she thought.

With a swift motion, Rhys lunged for Chayne's object, thinking she could use it to get him out of the room or so...

Back to top Go down

Post  Chayne Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:30 pm

Chayne looked back at the girl, offering her a smile and a nod as she seemingly gave him permission to be in the room. He took only a few steps further into the room before turning back to her, realizing he hadn't introduced himself.

He opened his mouth to do just that but was suddenly being attacked. He tripped over his feet as he tried to move away, landing ungracefully on his butt. His tail barely made it out from under him to avoid getting crushed. His grip on the witchlight, which hadn't been particularly tight to begin, was lost easily. He tried to collect himself quickly to find it again, the witchlight being the only thing he could really see clearly now.
Chayne
Chayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:38 pm

Rhys grabbed the witchlight, staring at it for a couple seconds, the darkness emitting from it contradicting its surroundings. For a flashlight, it sure felt weird.

"Option one. Tell me why you're here. Option two. Leave this room immediately. Option three. Do nothing, and I will make sure you never get this back." She said, waving the light tauntingly.

Blackmailing a person to leave a room seemed quite malicious, and considering it was this kind of object, the importance of it to the other was unknown. Rhys was still on guard in case anything was to happen. She'd had past experiences in fighting when she was younger.

Although, she never was the person to start fights. Reluctantly, she held out a hand-- the one not holding the witchlight -- to help him up.

She didn't need more enemies though, Larita was enough.

She sighed, silently contemplating her decisions, whether she really needed to be harsh to such a nice stranger, just to be alone in a room.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chayne Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:09 pm

Chayne had just been about to grab his witchlight when it suddenly floated up into the air. Then he saw Rhys' face momentarily in its darkness. At least he could see her. He supposed there wasn't much else to see in the rest of the room at the time being.

Why had she taken his witchlight? What had he done to her? A thought occurred to him that he hadn't been paying much attention to his tail when she'd attacked. Maybe he'd accidentally hurt her? The barb at the end was certainly sharp enough to pierce skin.

Chayne instinctively pulled his face away from the object that had been held out in front of him. He could just barely make it out and, after squinting at it, he identified it as a hand. Now she was offering to help him up? Regardless, Chayne stood on his own, though not out of a show of defiance. He just didn't want to entice her further by accidentally scratching her with his claws.

"I already told you why I was in here. I'm trying to get used to this place during the day so I don't have to keep coming out at nighttime." Chayne looked back at the witchlight. He had more. In fact, he had more on him right now, but this one was like his prototype.

Chayne retrieved another witchlight from his pocket and brought his tail beside him. He used the witchlight to examine just the barb at the end, noting no evidence that he may have hurt the girl with it.
Chayne
Chayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:59 pm

She felt slightly offended, as he stood up on his own.

As he pulled out another one of those dark-lights, she hesitated. Her efforts weren't much use after all. She sighed, tossing the dark-light back to Chayne.

"Apologies for that. I might as well find a different room."

Back to top Go down

Post  Chayne Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:03 pm

With one hand holding the end of his tail and the other holding his second witchlight, Chayne wasn't prepared to catch the witchlight Rhys tossed back to him. As such, he dropped his tail and fumbled with for a moment before it ultimately dropped to the ground. Unbothered by it, he leaned over to pick it once more, pocketing the second one which didn't have the flashlight feature.

Chayne looked back at her, though he didn't actually see her face in clarity since he didn't want to shine his witchlight at her. He felt a little bad now. "I didn't want to kick you out though. Uh, what's your name? I'm Chayne." He found he couldn't make himself smile right now, but he definitely tried.
Chayne
Chayne

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:56 pm

She was just rude to him...and he's introducing himself? Rhys became confused.

'Eh, he's not that bad of a guy, if he thinks that.' she thought.

"Rhys." Was all she simply stated, before disappearing out the door, in search of quiet.

((I'mma leave it at that cause..it makes things less confusing for the other RP xD;;))

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down