The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Quite Lost, It Seems.

2 posters

Go down

Quite Lost, It Seems. Empty Quite Lost, It Seems.

Post  Rein Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Rein van Roy was walking at a leisurely pace, long hair brushing the back of his knees and hanging silver pocket-watch bumping against his thigh lightly. He had just arrived a few hours ago and it was still quite early in the morning, yellow sun rays filtering in through the windows with drawn curtains. The boy passed through the halls, stopping occasionally to peek inside a door to see what room lay on the other side. He had no where to be that he knew of, and hadn't a need for sleep or food, so he wasn't anxious to find his rooms or a kitchen. Although he believed he had seen at least two of those, although he couldn't be sure if he had simply looked into the same kitchen from two different doors.

Rein opened another door and poked his head in: another sitting room. He had seen at least three of these now, and was fairly sure each had been different. He looked down the hall both ways, not sure where he was anymore in relation to any of the entrances or even the courtyard. His head dropped slightly at his own silliness, maybe he should have waited to meet up with someone before he explored, but he had been really excited. Considering his options, he entered the study. It was a nice mix of dark woods and red carpeting. There were two tables and many chairs around them, some cushioned arm chairs over by a book case. He wandered around, just tracing his fingers over the surface of most everything. He had never been in such a fancy place, it was a tad overwhelming. Vaguely, he wondered why he had seen no one yet in his walk, surely the place wasn't that big. Rein sighed and pulled out one of the un-cushioned, high-back chairs around the table, sitting down, spreading out his long thin legs in front of him and throwing his long strawberry brown hair over his right shoulder so he wouldn't sit on it. The tips of it brushed the floor as the boy leaned his head back. He was truly happy to be here, he just didn't know exactly where specifically here was at the moment.

"Quite lost already, it seems." Rein chuckled at himself.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Height : 185 cm (6'1")
Weight : 67 kg (147 lbs)

Back to top Go down

Quite Lost, It Seems. Empty Re: Quite Lost, It Seems.

Post  Vera Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Vera wandered the halls of the great building that Luppa had guided her to, but it seemed she had lost her way. Though she had explored many great places in the past she couldn't tell you how to get there nor how she ever left them or when. Life was just a long and mysterious thing that really couldn't be explained the same time as any other time. Being immortal kind of sucked then again its perk of not dieing made Vera very happy. The thought of death scared Vera more than anything and even when she was immortal she had this caution about her. Not wanting to do anything wreak-less she kept away from any life time scars and bad memories.

After trying to find her room Vera finally gave up and wandered into one with its door open. Maybe someone was in here that she could talk to and who could even give her a hand in finding her way around. Closing the door behind her Vera threw her closed umbrella over her shoulder as she observed the area. It seemed quite fancy for just a single room, then she noticed a figure in a chair facing away from her. This persons hair perked Vera's interest, well any hair that had a unique color to it did, and she walked a little closer. Looked like a shade of red was going through it and she smiled at that. Clearing her throat she hoped to get this persons attention without startling them. Either it was a girl or a boy she couldn't tell. Just the slim figure was a throw off.

((^^yay I was hoping there was an rp with him! He seems soo cool!Just had to say that lol))
Vera
Vera
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:09 pm

Rein had let his eyelids droop in an extended blink, feeling like he should be tired even when the feeling of exhaustion continued to evade him. The new way in which his body never felt fatigued or hungered still confused and unnerved him, and he found it mentally best to just not think about it. In such of the event that he was distracted by purposefully not thinking, he was unaware of a new presence entering the room. It was when the slight clearing of a throat sounded off behind him that his eyes snapped open. He quickly sat forward in his chair and turned, eyes widening slightly at the female that now stood before him. With a pleasant smile, genuine at finally meeting someone, he stood and stepped around the chair to face this new woman in a rather fluid motion of lanky limbs. Bringing his right arm up to hover his hand near his stilled heart, the boy bent at the waist and dipped into a bow of greeting before straightening to his full height of 6'1''. His long hair swayed behind him from the action, light catching on the blonde and red strands.

While highly androgynous, the lithe form was shapeless enough to be taken for male. Despite being underweight, the only thing that said this boy was anything more than human was the subtle glow of his eyes, shining a gentle silvery purple, and the hum of his voice as he spoke.

"Good evening, miss. My name is Rein van Roy. May I inquire as to whom I have the honor of meeting?" The tone of the vocals were not particularly high or low, but sounded with a quiet echo, like not all of the voice was coming from just the boy but rather like it was resonating in him with something else.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vera Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:47 pm

Vera watched as the figure before her turned to greet the attention of her sudden announcement. She felt the side of her mouth perk up as he stood to have a full look at her and the fact of how tall he was made Vera smile more. He was very tall and for some reason Vera liked tall men, they all seemed to have good heads on their shoulder. Perhaps there was more room for the anger to store or vent through. Seemed that the shorter people she had met in the past had a temper beyond what was possible. Shrugging slightly she watched as he bowed politely before her and introduced himself.

Ah such manners were what Vera fondly approved of. Slightly adjusting the mask on the side of her head, Vera curtsied, "Hello my name is Vera, I have no last name from whence I last checked. Its a pleasure to meet you as well." She smiled and stood strait once more only to look like a small child before a great skyscraper. Every aspect of this man made Vera wonder. How could he be so skinny? Was he perhaps not eating, or maybe a high metabolism was to blame. They the fact of such an interesting hair color that Vera just could ignore. Then his eyes a silver purple much like hers just with our that simple glimpse of the silver glow. Yep just one big bundle of unique was standing before her. Walking over next to him Vera placed her umbrella on the table and sighed with a bit of relief that she didn't have to carry it anymore. Its weight was more than a normal umbrella would be, but it had its reason to.

Returning her look to Rein she half smiled, "So by chance would you know your way around? I seem to have gotten lost. I don't tend to follow instruction quite well. See I like to do my own thing and have some fun." She laughed slightly, "Though now it seems that it got me lost." Hopefully he had some sense of the castle and if not that was okay too, she didn't quite mind being lost so long as there was someone around to keep company.
Vera
Vera
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:55 pm

Smiling pleasantly, Rein studied the girl with an amiable illuminated gaze. She was polite in turn, he was pleased to think, and she was undeniably very beautiful. Out of courtesy, he kept his eyes away from her body and instead looked over the strange mask at the side of her head, her action of adjusting it having brought it to his attention. It was interesting to him, and he wondered if it was significant or symbolic. There was also the umbrella, curious because he didn't remember it raining earlier this day, or was it yesterday? Suddenly, he was reminded that he didn't know the time.

Rein nodded at Vera for her introduction. "Delighted." He watched her relieve herself of her umbrella and smiled fully at her half smile, although it turned a little sheepish at her question. "Lost isn't so bad, is it? I'm regretful to admit that I cannot help you, I have only just arrived and I was exploring when I found myself unable to locate myself as well as any significant landmarks that could point me in the direction of not-so-clueless." He shrugged in good-nature and long fingers slipped some loose strands of hair behind his ear with a practiced motion, looking off to the side casually before looking back to Vera. "It seems we are lost together. Though I find myself hard-pressed to mind it, and even more so not to actually find it pleasant." The hand that was hovering behind his ear fell to his side and his lips settled in a smirk that held no deviousness.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vera Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Vera noticed the shifting eyes of Rein that went between her mask and her umbrella. He must have an interest in her attire or at least questions about them. She had questions about him too, but she wasn't sure what to ask first. A little silence fell as she thought of what he said, "Oh well that's a shame how we both don't know where to go. This room is quite interesting though I like how quiet it is." Vera preferred a nice place for mediation than parties and raves that some people so fond of, however she was never closed minded to not try them. Everything is different depending on the time, place, and people you are with.

Looking at Rein, seeming to not be able to look away, she went and sat upon the table. "Hmm.... yes being lost can cause problems, and it would be great to take a nice realizing bath after a cleansing shower to rid me of all the days hard work." Having walked all around just to get here made Vera feel a little more worn than ever, but sleep wouldn't help. Only a little relaxation could loosen her sore muscles. Vera found it funny how she could never sleep at night but still needed some sort of place where she could sit to heal. Vera still ate food to feel a little of her human self, though maybe she could eat more. Maybe she was a little to skinny for her taste.

Shrugging she realized she must have dazed off for a little to long, "Ah sorry just been a long day. So where do you originate from and what brings you here?"
Vera
Vera
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Rein glanced around the room, as if noticing for the first time how nice it was. Of course, he had already admired the room, but it was fair to say that he was admiring it a second time and still as impressed.

"It's a fine space indeed. The quiet is welcome, but I've not yet seen a part of this castle that isn't quiet. A room of pleasant conversation and the general sounds of living wouldn't be so unwelcome to me." Despite being unable to eat, drink or sleep, Rein still enjoyed the sounds of people doing so, as it made everything seem a bit more normal again. He cough awkwardly, not used to the attention this woman was showing, it seemed she had yet to look away from him. For not the first time, Rein was thankful that it took more than slight embarrassment to urge his suspended-in-animation blood to change and make him blush. Seeing that Vera seated herself, Rein felt that it was acceptable to do so as well and he carefully lowered himself back into his vacated chair, pulling up his legs to fold underneath him crisscross with knees sticking out extending over the sides of the chair. He only nodded silently in agreement with Vera's statement, and he was content to just study the way her hair hung around her face while she was in thought, and he blinked at the sudden question.

"It's quite alright, you must be tired. As for me, I come from Amsterdam in the Netherlands. I'm here because I needed some more people like me. It was..." He paused, wary of how much he should tell about himself and what could lead anyone to the existence of his phylactery. He couldn't be letting that slip now. "weary being around normal humans. It's less stressful to be around people who accept what would be strange." A smile settled on his lips and and chuckled easily. It was still weird for Rein to think of himself as something more than human, but he found a source of amusement in it. "And what about you?"
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vera Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:10 am

Vera smiled at the blush that appeared across the face of her new found friend. She enjoyed his company and found this very shocking. Most times people were so uptight and depressed as life took a hold of them and their minds couldn't understand that things could change. It just had to start with them. Vera listened close to Rein and nodded to his statement that this place was in entirely quiet as well as the company of others was enjoyable.

Vera had been alone for so long she had kind of forgotten the feeling and warmth of others. However, she could never stay in one place for too long, but she felt that she could be safe here. Invite only sounded quite safe indeed, unless she ran into someone she had met on her long travels. That though didn't look to be the situation. Looking back at Rein she wondered why he had paused like he did. Something strange for someone who seemed so honest. Was the strawberry-blondie hiding something? Oh how Vera's curiosity spiked. Unfortunately, she didn't want to ruin this friendship with her rash behavior, so turning her leg over the other she leaned back and smiled. "Interesting Rein, that's why i'm here. Seems my life style is to much for people to live through. I travel a lot and figured that stopping here to make a friend I had things in common was in order." Vera paused and leaned forward with her hand over her mouth and just like that she sneezed.

The sound was small and a little squeaky and with that she looked away from Rein and blushed. "Eh ignore that! Its not strange or weird!" Now covering her mouth she returned a dead look at Rein. "Uh....nothing." Not realizing he had said nothing Vera went back to her position she was in and attempted to play the event off. "Uh so....what? Oh yes, what do you define as weird?"
Vera
Vera
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:38 am

Rein was incapable of not returning Vera's smile, though he remained unaware at how dangerously curious the girl had become. It would not be well for Rein's secret to be out so soon, and he would surely be ashamed of his inability to keep a secret to be proven so quickly. He had opened his mouth to comment on her reason for coming to the academy being so similar to his, but he was cut off by the rather abrupt sneeze. Chuckling quietly at the woman's furious embarrassment, Rein leaned forward casually on to the table next to the seated Vera, smirking playfully up at her.

"Gezondheid." The word was teasing, meaning "health", as a response to the sneeze in his light Dutch. She may have disliked the noise that was produced, but Rein found it rather cute, as was the color of her cheeks as they turned a rosy color. However, he did not press further and followed her return to topic. "Weird would be the glowing eyes, or the wearing of sunglasses in the dark to prevent the glowing of eyes from being noticeable. It's really the thing I had the most trouble with." He skipped the whole not aging bit. "Weird would also be the way in which dead things have a nasty habit of reanimating around me. Hiding the zombie dog that followed you home from your mother was not something that I felt comfortable going to friends from regular school with. I'm hoping that maybe the people around here might be more open to that kind of thing." His smirk widened to a large grin as he laughed at himself. "I'm here in search of more compatible friends as well. What kind of things in common were you looking for in particular?"
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vera Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:07 am

Vera heard the strange word that came out of Rein's mouth and she turned to it, what did he call me? Her question could not be verbalized though as he answered he question. She leaned in closer as he mentioned things about the dead and how...they...followed....him...home. The thought of it boggled her mind and the fact that it seemed so natural to him made her want to know more about this man. Oh how more interesting, he had become. Vera looked at his eyes and just faintly smiled at them, "Oh your eyes are just fine to me. I love to see a little shine in a person...buts really strange is your dead predicaments! I can't believe things like that actually "follow" you home!" Vera felt herself nearly jumping off the table with excitement, but calmed down as he asked her the same.

Turning to look at the door, she blinked a few times, then returned her look to Rein. "Hmm seems like I don't get along with inpatient people. My whole family calls me a devil, due to my magic with fire and my tendency to look demonic in the face at times....though that hasn't happened in forever....." She turned her head to look forward and tilted her head. "I guess that I want someone who looks at time like I do....something to not waste, but also to not take to serious. I like people who I can relax with and hoping that I may find someone...to..." Vera paused and blushed once again involuntarily. She sighed nervously then shrugged. "Just some one I have many things in common with....many many things. "

Taking a deep breathe she thought of all the people she left that did have things in common with. Her face's expression drooped and she was once again lost in thought. Vera had many moments like this and she realized that she never controlled it as who cared she had all the time in the world.
Vera
Vera
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:38 am

Rein just chuckled, blushing slightly at the attention. His eyes had slightly creeped out his family, so it was nice to hear them complimented for once.

"Dead things like me." The young man shrugged it off as non-important, giving a playful wink. "Maybe they love my eyes too." Though hearing about her powers lifted his curiosity. Fire? Demonic? Definitely worth inquiring about, it was just a matter as to the appropriate way to.

"I don't think I can picture you looking particularly unpleasant no matter what, if I may be so bold. You have a sort of elegant air about you. Though time is an interesting subject. I find there's a lot of it, but that it is very useful. I intend to try and gather much knowledge on all the subjects I can." He paused. "I like reading." It was almost an afterthought, and he seemed to get caught up in it before letting slip a little chuckle that shook his shoulders. "But I wont stress it, it'll work eventually and there shall always be more to explore, like demons and powers of fire, which I have yet to know anything about." He glanced up again and raised an eyebrow at her blush, wondering what she was thinking of. Rein gave a small, kind and innocent smile as he suggested further. "Someone to love?"
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vera Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:52 am

Vera's lost in thought almost had her miss the words that came out of Rein's mouth. She snapped her vision towards him and stared long and hard at him for a moment. She was flattered that he found her elegant and found her powers interesting, but was he just going to be another person she was going to have to leave behind after a few years again? She didn't want that, but he seemed like something she wanted to hold onto. Why? She did not know, but she just knew it had to be right. The last question made her want to run and hide, as love was something that was hard for her, however she stayed in her place upon the table and just nodded, "Yes someone to love...."

She wondered if his person before her had ever fallen in love and if so with who? How did it feel and why does it happen? She wanted to ask him, but decided to wait on that subject. Stroking her hand over her umbrella from force of habit she tilted her head once more and slightly squinted her eyes in a pondering moment. "Yes to love. Love seems hard to find now a days. I see people on the street, but are they really happy? I sometimes think that they are only together as fear of being alone will kill them. Sometimes I feel like I need someone, but maybe that's from the same fear that all humans tend to have...well I guess a good majority." She laughed a little and rolled her eyes, "We beings are strange huh, but I like the fact that you are willing to learn all you can! If your interested I can show you some magic of mine own. Seems we have more than enough time eh?" Vera smiled and she held her hand up and moved her finger back and forth in a row.
Vera
Vera
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:21 am

"I'm sure some of them must be happy, or at least believe themselves to be so." Rein sighed, smile falling. He had been living with the fact that he could not pursue relationships for thirty-two years now. Hell, he had dealt with not being able to pursue relationships through his teenage years, that was quite a feat really. "Logic and reason telling you you must live alone does not make it any easier to do so. But, when does logic and reason ever get along with emotion?" Rein grinned at Vera, trying to lighten the mood back up again.

Sitting up a little straighter, he nodded eagerly. "I would be honored to observe you." His smile faltered and a hue of red color spread across his cheeks over his nose. "Your powers, I mean. Observe you preforming fire magic of course. I'm sure there's many valuable things for me to learn." The smile returned to his face, but it seemed slightly strained and mortified. Standing quickly, Rein made the action of walking behind his chair to lean on it an excuse to turn away from Vera for a moment and to put some space between them, all the while insulting himself in his head for his awkwardness and slip-ups. He tried to remedy it by moving on quickly. "In turn, I could try to locate a dead body, but unfortunately, it's a rather unreliable power and possibly something gruesome you may never want to witness." He shrugged lightly, willing his blush away, and inclined his head towards her with hair slipping over his shoulder and flowing around his face. "All the time in the world."
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vera Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:58 am

Vera watched as Rein turned and walked a little giving her some distance. She smiled at what he had said and didn't think of it the way he thought he had implied it till after he brought attention to it. It was funny that he tried his hardest to not check out her body but to everything else. Either way if he really was interested then he will start to show the signs of interest later. In the mean time she was given a lovely trade of seeing the dead for her powers of fire. She happily agreed and hopped off of the table so that she could be in full position for her magic. Taking the time and effort she pushed aside all of the chairs and table so that nothing would be scorched in anyway. She didn't feel like getting in trouble today or any other.

Finally having room for herself and her audience of one in front of her Vera smiled and closed her eyes. She took in a deep breathe and held her arms out from her body. Slowly as she opened her eyes the flames ignited in her hands and grew larger the wider her eyes were. With full vision now she moved her body in a snake like movement and made her way around the area and the fire followed and grew longer the more she moved. Each step she took was a slow one as to not bump into anything. Caution was a real factor here and he was only distracted by the stare of her audience. Her smile turned serious and she then suddenly twisted and made only her backside visible to Rein. While in this position she brought her arms in to hide then from him. The fire dimmed as she held the flames close and just as they were going to extinguish she lashed her arms out and flames engulfed her body. However, a small layer of barrier was visible between her and the flames.

Turning to Rein she grin and then walked slowly over to him and stared into his eyes as the flames slowly went out. As they did Vera couldn't help to notice that the sun was setting and Rein's eyes were beginning to glow. Her stare turned into a fascination as she dimmed and he brightened. "Why would anyone hate your eyes....They're beautiful..." Trapped by his eyes her flames finally died and she had not realized how close she was to him.
Vera
Vera
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Rein's anticipation grew as Vera agreed to the trade, this would be his first introduction to other powers in this new world of more-than-humans he found himself in. He helped the woman move some chairs and the table then stood a little ways away from her as she took center stage. The man stayed standing, because one should always be ready to move when fire or chemicals were involved, but also because he didn't know if he would need to move to give Vera move room eventually. He figured it best to be prepared for anything. Of course, though, he wasn't prepared for the spectacle he witnessed. He had not known what to expect, a lighting of the hand or hair maybe, but not the beauty or intricacy that was incorporated into the dance Vera preformed.

Awestruck, Rein couldn't move his eyes away as the woman before him manipulated the flames. When she suddenly turned, he felt a rather unreasonable loss and was tempted to try and walk around to see what she was doing, but rather had to squint at the sudden rush of light and heat as Vera's whole body caught fire. Adjusting, his eyes widened, amazed at the power and control she was displaying. Even when she turned and grinned at him, he couldn't react fast enough to return it, and he had to blink off his shock as she neared. It was rather her sudden change in topic that brought him out of his thoughts. He blinked again and mumbled something of a reply.

"They creep people out." Then, Rein grinned. "That was amazing, you're really amazing." He felt the heat leave as the last of Vera's flames died out, and there seemed an absence. It felt to him like the life was leaving him again, and it left a chill that resembled the ice that settled in his bones the night he sealed his soul. The feeling laced his marrow and grew in his chest. He couldn't bring himself to care how close they were, or to move backwards. "That was a really beautiful display of very powerful control, I was utterly and completely awestruck. I'm honored."

Something about the way in which Vera had impressed him so bred the desire to impress her just as much, though he feared his control was not as perfected. His expression turned a little apologetic and shy. "I fear that my abilities aren't so pleasant visually, nor as wonderful, but if you'll let me show you..." Rein trailed off, voice quiet, he could see the subtle glow from his eyes ghosting on Vera's skin as the coming darkness accented the light. He smiled warmly and reached for that coldness in his bones, it seemed readily at the tips of his mind since the fire. Rein knew it worked when the ice spread into his mind with a rush and the glow cast on the woman before him intensified. His eyes steadily grew brighter, and the silvery light took over until the pupil and the whites were indistinguishable, leaving just orbs of steady silvery purple illumination. Traces of silver and purple lightning sparked over the skin on his hands as he took one step to the side and turned his shoulders, gesturing to the window. The young man could feel the presence of a body out there, it was small, but it was answering his summons.

It took a moment, but soon a small figure was scrambling up over the sill. On the outside of the window, a small rat sat, front paws on the glass looking almost longingly inside to Rein. Its eyes were likewise glowing a solid silvery purple. It's fur was matted and missing in a few spots, and it was noticeable corpse-like and dirty, but it seemed it hadn't been dead for terribly long.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vera Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:59 pm

Vera felt heat leave her but noticed that it had not from her face. She didn't push it aside though as Rein complimented her on her performance, use, and control over her power. Seemed he liked it more than she had anticipated him to and for that she was glad and accepted every word of compliment that left his mouth. The room around them grew dark but his eyes lit the way. Feeling some what strange inside as they grew brighter made her wonder what was to come. "I'm sure that your powers will impress me as much as my own have impressed you. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve."

Vera watched as his eyes transformed and became the bright lights of mystery right before her. Almost not wanting to look away she followed them to the location of interest and there she watched for something to appear. Though at first the figure was small and seemed to be a normal being, she looked closer and noticed it body and the fact that it yes was once dead. It peered in at them and she stared right back with a smile on her face, she couldn't believe that he was able to bring things to him like he did. Then the fact that they were once dead made it even more interesting. Vera wanted to study Rein and his powers further though. To see what he was and was not completely capable of. Turning towards him she ((slight godmod I hope you don't mind)) grabbed his hand and pulled him over to the window with excitement.

"Rein, that's really cool....I have always wanted to see the dead as some people that I really cared for were lost a long time ago. I miss them and have been wanting to find some way to see them once more. You seem to be my lovely answer, but what do you mean that you can't control them? They do come to you and like to follow you around, but you can't like tell them to destroy a town if want be?"
Vera wanted to know all his limits as she had some of her own. She thrived for new information on a person of interest and this man was a great interest to her now. He was kind yet had a creepy dark side to him, but in a good way. "Also, how do you make them stop following you? I can already see you in class with a hundred zombies sitting next to you and outside the door scaring people as they pass." She laugh at what she said as that would actually be entertaining to her. Her next thought was was there a graveyard near by? Oh how entertaining that would be to see millions of bodies rise up out from the grave and surround them, that though she kept to herself till she knew more of his powers.
Vera
Vera
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:55 am

Rein smiled, delighted that she liked his rather simple manipulation of a rat. However, it fell when she grabbed his hand. The lightning that danced occasionally over his skin twisted around their connected hands like a snake, he winced as it sparked and tingled his skin, unknowing if it did the same to hers. Though it didn't really hurt and just felt charged, it was still dancing across his skin and consequently hers, leaving trails of pins and needles across his fingers. He let Vera pull him to the window, but frowned at her excitement over possibly seeing dead loved ones again. Dread filled his stomach, maybe he should not have showed her. He pulled back and faced her fully.

"Vera, please understand." Rein's brow was furrowed in concern and he looked down at Vera with a pleading expression. "I cannot bring back the people you have lost. I can reanimate their bodies, yes, but they will not be the friends you once knew." He hesitated to answer her questions. "They will do as I ask because to them, I am god. That rat is not the same as it was when it was alive. I am merely temporarily sharing my life with it's body and I am all it knows. It knows I will give it time, but that it is borrowed, so it will use all the life that I give it to serve me. However, the higher intelligence the being had before it died, the harder it is for me to hold sway over it. If something has a high intelligence, it can realize that it does not have to spend the time I give it on me, and they gain some semblance of freewill. It will always have a desire to obey me, but it may not always have to act on that desire. Though I have rarely had trouble with this. If I should so desire, I could just pull back my power and they return to being dead. Your friends will be just the same, they will not really be your friends, only their bodies under my control." Rein paused and took a moment to take a breath. "When I say I cannot control them, I mean that my power is still unreliable. I do not know it's limitations or it's full potential." He cracked a small smile. "Although, yes, a small draw back is that anything I bring back has a strange affection for being near me and some may be protective, but they would stand aside should I ask nicely or firmly enough."
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vera Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:19 am

Vera thought she had felt something when she touched the man, but didn't think to much about it as the dead creature before her perked her interest more. Then suddenly she felt a small tug from Rein and she was turned towards him. There she let go of his hand when she saw the expression on his face. Aw did she say something that....before she could finish her thought she was interrupted by the explanation of how Rein wasn't able to replicate the feelings and same beings of the people she was longing to see from the past. Taking in all the information Vera felt her soul stand still for a moment.

Nodding she looked down and sighed, "It's quite alright. I guess if I ever die one day then I can meet them once more. I'm sorry if I made you feel any sort of discomfort." Vera looked back up at the glowing eyes of the man who stood before her and smiled. She still didn't know what made her attracted to him the way it did, but she wasn't going to deny it. At the moment she looked back out the window at the rat and smiled at the creepy little thing. She was still amazed that things like that could happen and that this guy was one who could do such a thing. She chuckled to herself as she thought of all the people she used to know and now thinking harder, she figured they all would just run away. They did know her secrets before their death....and that was the cause as well.

Turning back to Rein she peered up at him and slid her hand across the window sill as she sat on it. "Won't you join me?" She asked in a slight whisper.
Vera
Vera
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:48 am

Rein stayed quiet, just watching Vera as she apologized and smiled. He looked to the seat she offered and back to her. Sighing, he took it, and slide up on to the sill beside the woman. Behind them, the little rat eagerly sidled sideways to press its nose against the glass at the spot where Rein's arm leaned against the window. Without looking at it, or at Vera, the man pulled up a leg to rest his heel on the edge of the sill and wrapped his lanky arms around it, chin coming to rest on his bent knee.

"You have no need to apologize, you have not hurt my feelings with your wishes, they are natural. I only regret that I can not help you." He also regretted that he had to lie. He knew he could bring back souls. Or, at least, he will be able to in the far future. After all, Neferure came back. But that was one big huge fluke and he had no idea where to even begin to make it happen again. Jared and he believed that it was a measure of potential. Rein's powers had the potential to bring back bodies and souls alike, and they knew that with age came power and control, but that would be many, hundreds if not thousands, years from now. It was not really a lie, then, he guessed he really could not help her, or at least, not yet.

Rein sighed and glanced at Vera, eyebrow lifting and pupil unseen in the light of his active necromancy. His long hair was flipped over one shoulder, and he smiled warmly in an attempt to be reassuring that he was not hurt or displeased with her.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vera Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:20 am

Vera smiled when Rein accepted her invitation to sit and she found him comfortably seated next to her. Looking at his as he spoke she was happy that he wasn't hurt in any way. She had just wondered how he would master such a skill in a short life time. Either way she could not her help and that was fine, she would get over it in the next minute or two. Looking away for a moment Vera held her head and felt that strange feeling of being tired. It seemed to be the only feeling she had left that showed she was human, well besides the fact that she would still bleed if the damage was to be fatal. Vera sighed a bit then sat strait once more realizing she had left her umbrella across the room on the table which was still out of place along with all the other furniture.

Wanting to stand she stayed seated as her head still throbbed. Maybe her stomach (after all these years) was still wanting food, though it had not needed it. Vera shook her head and looked up and Rein and touched his arm gently before leaning towards him, stopping once, then leaning completely on him. "I don't feel quite well....perhaps we can head to the kitchen. My stomach thinks its hungry..." She said not thinking if he would question the thinking part. Running his arm, she could feel that strange feeling again but her headache soon blocked that feeling with its own.

Closing her eyes for a moment she got her mind set strait enough to stand. Getting up she looked over at her umbrella and slowly made her way over to it and picked the heavy thing up and let it fall to the ground next to her so it could just drag. She really didn't feel like hulling it over her shoulder and having the weight push her down. She then just stood there silent for a moment, before finally shaking her head again and looking back at Rein, "Can you please help me find the kitchen....I really need something....I don't want, never mind....just help please." She said finally.
Vera
Vera
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:59 am

Rein's skin sparked at the touch to his arm, the silver lightning danced at the point as if interested in Vera's skin. At first, the boy stiffened and felt slightly uncomfortable with the girl leaning against him, as he did not know what to do, but as she said she was unwell all hesitation gave way to concern. He stood with her and trailed after, as she retrieved her umbrella. Seeing her just stand there before shaking her head though, asking for his help, put him into action. Behind him, the rat looked on longingly and squeaked. Rein turned to look at it and nodded. Both pairs of eyes dimmed to a less vibrant, more of a 'stand-by', glow and the undead rodent went off with a limited amount of life and a mission. He turned back to Vera.

"Of course, we should listen to your stomach, it should know after all. Plus, I would not feel right leaving you knowing you were feeling ill. I think I passed a kitchen or two on my way here, not too far away." Rein stood to the side of her and held out his arm, leaving room for her to use his side for support in offering, thinking she looked a tad unsteady. He held his other hand out for the umbrella. His head was inclined towards her in honest worry. "If you'll permit me, you look like you could use something to lean on. I don't mind. And please, wont you let me carry your umbrella so you don't have to drag it?" Rein looked off to the side, a bit embarrassed and wondering if he was being too informal.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vera Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Vera was happy that Rein had followed her with the full intention of helping her. She turned towards him and saw the offering arm that he had extended for her to use and she slowly, but gladly accepted it. Leaning on his slightly she seemed to cuddle right up without knowing it and before long she found herself feeling a little better. Looking over at his other hand that was offered for her umbrella she stared and questioned if she would really trust him enough to let him hold his umbrella. Though he didn't know of the secrets that if had so what possibly could be the harm....though it didn't mean he couldn't find it by accident. It was quite an easy find for anyone if they really though about it.

She took in a deep breathe and tilted her head as she thought for what seemed forever about the situation. Finally her head gave her a great shock of pain and she shuddered at the feel of it running down her spine to the rest of her body. She sighed and handed him the umbrella and looked up at him. "Alright, but please be careful with it....it means a lot to me and has been with me since I was young." She said in a concerned voice. She had not believed that she had just trusted him with her prized possession, but he did seem polite and trustworthy enough. Looking at the door they had entered through she made her way towards it along with Rein. When reaching them she used her hand and slowly offered it towards the doors in an after you motion. "Lead the way Rein, you seem to know more than me right now." Vera smiled once more at him still with just one eye showing then turned back at the door.
Vera
Vera
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Rein's face turned a light pink as Vera cuddled up to his arm, and he tried not to think about how close she was. Pushing such things to the back of his mind, he tightened his arms around Vera's reassuringly when she shuddered. He smiled warmly, face still feeling a bit too warm, and accepted the umbrella.

"Then I shall treat it as if it held my soul and protect it with my body from all the evil villains and hectic world full of dangers that linger just outside the door of our lovely and peaceful room." He chuckled, knowing that she would not understand the full depth that sentence held for him. The umbrella was surprisingly heavy and he eyed it a moment in confusion. Though, it was not his to question and simply tucked it carefully under his arm for safe travel, maybe he'd ask later. They approached the door and he nodded to Vera. "Together, then, though I make no promises to how many other rooms we may find ourselves in before the kitchen desired. I may know a bit more right now because of the situation, but I promise, it's not much more." He glanced at the exit a little unsure before shaking his head and opening the door, guiding them both carefully through.

(( Shall we move threads? You can move it, or I can, or whatever. xD Are we moving to the kitchen? ))
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vera Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:21 pm

Vera was happy that Rein used the sentence he did to protect the umbrella. Made here feel a little more confident in his holding her umbrella. She looked over at the door and was thinking of all the rooms she had passed but never did she care to really look in all of them. Now she wished that she had. Hoping that this wouldn't take to long she held tight to Rein's arm and she let him lead the way out of the room. Though she was feeling like utter crud right now she knew that Rein was going to do all in his power to help her and that made her feel better already. The hall seemed longer than she thought and now only hoped that they would find the room in short amount of time. Cursing at her body she wished it didn't act like this and make her feel so horrible for not having something enter her body, but this didn't happen often, just over weeks of not eating and she pushed it this time. The time was passing and she knew soon they would find the kitchen.

((alrighty then just continue it into the kitchen and when I come back i'll reply to it. T.T I may be gone for another hour boo! The one time your on for like 5 hours and I gotta miss two of them lol))
Vera
Vera
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:31 pm

(( continued here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ))
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down