The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

The fight continues

4 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The fight continues - Page 4 Empty Re: The fight continues

Post  Kale Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Kale stayed passive, focusing on funneling the pair energy without short circuiting any nerves or tissues. She hadn't told them the process was not entirely safe, but she felt it had been unimportant seeing their current condition. Having given a substantial amount of energy to them both, Kale dropped Jami's hand. The girl was less injured, but Owen was another matter. The harpy was aware that he appeared some sort of lizard, though she was unfamiliar with his specific species. From the way the energy had reacted inside him, she would bet on him being cold-blooded.

The Dean, unresponsive to the emotionless stare aimed at her, moved to stand beside the boy. She extended a large wing behind him to offer some wall of warmth and a shield from the Scottish wind. The thin layers of ice chipped and fell at the movement, though some reformed to the new position as she continued to leech and deliver heated air

"We should get you up to the Castle. I may be able to fly you for a short distance, but I would have to leave the girl behind. It's either that or we have to walk." Her voice was monotone, not really expressing a desire to either option. She didn't care, it was up to Owen if he wanted to walk or leave Jami behind. "Also, are either of you in pain? I should make it bearable now before we go if you are." She asked, wondering slightly if they would be adverse to their nerve endings being numbed for the trip.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Height : 157 cm
Weight : 2.6 kg

http://fav.me/d62hutp

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Jami watched sadly as Owen tried standing. The boy needed to realize it wasn't something he would be doing for a while. not until he could grow his tissues back. It was kind of depressing to watch but he stayed up. The heat must have greatly helped. As kale started to talk again Jami tried her best to listen. "I would numb myself. But I am too weak at the time. I can deal with the pain though. I will stay also... I can wait for later assistance." She looked at Owen again and thought about his lack of speech. She hoped it wasn't to bad and he would be able to talk later.

Jami slowly made her way to sit in crossed legged style with out moving her back to much. Now she was warm she wasn't was uncomfortable so she could probably sit there a while and just think. Thinking was good for the mind occasionally. What better time when injured and alone? Jami smiled at Owen and gasped his hand comfortingly. The look in her eyes showed warning and care, yet also something he may not have noticed, affection. She then glanced at kale and got a sad look to take over remembering she would have a labor to pay later. And it would not be close to hard work it would probably be much, much higher.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Height : 154.9
Weight : 43.2

http://ceceme12.deviantart.com/gallery/41270200#/d5qidot

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:40 pm

His attempt at standing was a complete flop, so to speak. His foot screamed in agony as soon as he'd tried to press any sort of weight on it, and he resumed balancing on his knees. There would be no walking, at the very least. He was surprised when Kale stretched his wing out to shelter him, but it was merely expressed through the bat of an eyelid.

He looked to Jami when Kale mentioned her offer, searching her expression for some indication of her opinion. The comforting smile was taken as encouragement, and he nodded gruffly to the dean, at least hoping that she could determine exactly what he was nodding at. Her latter question recieved a rather exasperated from him as his jaw hung open slightly. Had he been lumbering around on one leg because he was enjoying it? His arm pointed sharply down towards his foot, in a rather impatient, desperate manner.

Exhaling heavily, he shut his eyes, simply dreading anything to come in the future. He felt slightly guilty for opting to leave Jami behind, and he wasn't sure why she preferred to stay rather than make her own way up. The thought of flight was unnerving too - he'd never flown before, and had never planned to. He wasn't about to understimate the science professor's power, but the trace of doubt could not be rubbed from his mind.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Height : 165cm
Weight : 90kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/Owen-AALC-273363096

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:31 pm

Kale glanced to Jami and nodded shortly. "I will send someone down for you."

Turning to Owen, Kale's eye showed a spark of mischief, like she had known of the boy's pain and simply wished to ask him anyway to be a bother. She smiled, slightly reassuring, but mostly not.

"The flight up will not be...easy, just so you know." She forewarned but did not elaborate on what exactly that meant. "I'm going to numb your nerves, you'll feel a slight stinging, but then you should not be able to feel anything for a short while. I assure you, it's only temporary."

Crouching down next to Owen's leg, the owl scooped a small amount of sand in her palm. Clapping her hands together, she started rubbing them fast against each other, the sand rolling between. Taking the energy would be a hassle and take longer, in this manner, Kale created her own energy using the friction. Closing her eyes, she took the energy in and formed it. There was a small spark of electricity from her hands. Stopping, she opened her eyes and pulled her hands apart.

"Please, try to be as still as you can." With that as her only warning, she went to touch her hands to Owen's calf. The energy would shoot down the leg, zapping the nerve endings and temporarily short circuiting the sensory in the lower limb. As she had previously understated, it would indeed sting for a moment, being electrocuted did that usually. However, after the short bust of intense pain, the promised numbness would follow.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Jami nodded towards Kale. "Thank you." Short and sweet. Jami was afraid she wouldn't be able to make it back to the castle on her own. She had already tried walking and that gave her a fractured nose. Thinking upon that she lightly patted her fingers against the bridge to make sure it was straight. She looked at the two from the corner of her eye. Worrying was a thing Jami often did and now she wasn't just worrying, she was impatient. He needed to her to the infirmary!

Jami Sat up and crossed her legs Indian style. Jami tried flashing some encourage meant into her cells of her back. She hoped it wasn't as bad a she thought. The magic was super weak. Probably be a few days to go back to normal, with rest that is. Jami's mind wandered off topic, most likely trying to change the topic of pain to boys. She thought of how awesome it would be if they could have bunks in the infirmary next to each other. Soon snapping out of it remembering she had a big task ahead of her. Her sad eyes kept on watching Owen and the Professor.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:33 pm

A slight stinging. That's what she had said. Straight from the horse's mouth. Owen had reason to believe it - after all, if she was planning on making it painless, then he shouldn't expect a whole lot of it, right?

He was wrong. He realised this the moment her hands made contact with his legs. The effect was immediate. His jaws split open in a silent cry as he doubled over, trying not to move but, failing horribly. Ragged gasps escaped, a hand leaning on the sand before him as he would try to regain his composure. The pain was short, and thankfully, it did indeed numb as promised.

He looked to Jami before looking to Kale. Get on with it! he mouthed, not caring if she didn't understand, but hoping she'd at least get the jist from the impatient look on his face.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:19 am

"There!" The harpy chirped almost happily. She grinned at Owen, but ignored his impatient look as she glanced over to the cliffs and then out to the ocean. She grimaced slightly as she tried to work out this in her head. Getting the much larger and heavier boy up over the cliffs was going to be a feat, hey, just getting him off the ground would be worth something. She, after all, was of a very small stature, particularly thin and light, and she was that way for a reason. She'd have to magically compensate the loss of that with some sort of updraft. Kale hummed lightly, well, was worth a shot.

She gave Owen a side-long glance. Now, how to carry him?

"Well, it seems that getting over the cliffs is going to be something of a task. How are your arms? You're going to need to hold on to me so you don't fall." She opened her arms for what seemed like a hug sort of embrace, pushing back the fact that such a thing was slightly awkward. It was the best way she could think of, practically dragging the boy up into the air with her, she couldn't physically carry him bridal style or dig her talons into his shoulders like how she carried other things. "Just don't get in the way of my wings or my tail feathers."
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Jami winced when Owen seemed in pain again but he soon looked ok. Jami wanted to go over and help but at the moment she was useless. Weak. Un-needed. Kale would help Owen out and Jami would have to wait for someone to help her. Kale's statements made Jami's brain crunch. The Cliff. Why was something always in the way!

Jami tried moving the sad look on her face into something a little more comforting. "Good luck to you both. Thank you again." She added towards the Professah.

(()is this the shortest post in the thread? *GASP* and yes i said professah)
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Kale's pleasant tone of voice recieved only an irked reaction from the boy. Despite this, he did experimentally prod at his lower leg to test the pain, and it was considerably dull. A look of bland appreciation was directed at Jami, but he had a feleing he'd need a little more than luck for this.

A dumbfounded look crossed his face as she opened her arms. Are you kidding me? he wanted to scream. He reached out as if he was going to comply, before pulling back with a doubtful expression. It would be strange, wrapping his rather bulky arms around her thin, lithe waist. Could she handle it? She was a dean, but he honestly didn't like the thought of her carrying him in such a manner.

He had a thought, and he opened his mouth to speak it, but no words came out. His fist stamped on the sand in frustration, before he paused, and began to trail his finger in it instead. Mirror, he'd tried to write, although his lack of hand eye co-ordination combined with the sand's lack of usefulness as a writing surface made it rather garbled and messy. He paused, wondering if she'd understand what he mean by it. Figuring not, the word human was quickly added underneath. He frowned, and like a child struggling to learn to write, both of the words were rubbed away in frustration. He doubted that she could read it anyway.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kale Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:26 am

The harpy rolled her eye and dropped her arms as the boy didn't hold on to her.

"If you're worried about me carrying you, really, I wouldn't offer if I couldn't." She sighed irritably. Turning her attention to the writing in the sand, she raised an eyebrow. Kale could make out a few letters, and was turning her head to try and figure out the others when Owen swiped them out in frustration. She huffed and gave him a flat look.

"You're being difficult. Do you have a better idea or something?" She paused, smirking with a slight meanness. "and an understandable way to communicate it to me?"

As far as she could tell, she could either carry him up the mountains, leave him here, or go up to the castle and bring back help of some sort. However, that would involve extra flying she wasn't keen on extending. The most help she figured she could get anyway was like a harness or something from Valentin to carry Owen with, and that probably wasn't as safe. Or, she supposed she could get the help of someone else. Could the carriage come down here? She frowned in thought, maybe she could send a servant down with the carriage, she wouldn't even have to come down to pick them up. Although, that would mean she hadn't really done anything to cash in the favor she charged of the girl....she stayed quiet on her idea for now, wondering what Owen would do first before she gave up her chance at a favor.
Kale
Kale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:36 pm

Jami had been silently watching and was surprised Owen wouldn't take her offer. When he had a little frustration fit she became concerned. The words in the sand were a mess but Jami got the idea. "Mirror." Was he meaning the mirror in his room? Had he ever mentioned what it was for? He must have, she was just too tired to remember. She wasn't sure...

Jami watched Owen's frustration. She really hoped he wasn't to upset, it could make his blood flow increase. There was no need to make him loose more blood. "Madame, I don't want Him losing to much blood. Monsieur Odqura should see him right away..." Jami wasn't sure why some of her french was sneaking into the sentences. Maybe it was the feeling Kale gave off making her feel the need to be proper....

(i changed to help out owens post, so its mostly just fiiller)
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4