The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

A new roommate?!

3 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A new roommate?! - Page 3 Empty Re: A new roommate?!

Post  Owen Mueller Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Rein had only been in his room for collectively around half an hour, so Owen's expression remained disbelieving even after his room-mate's assurance. How come Rein would know what was his room or not? Owen was a self-confessed expert at the whereabouts of it, and he certainly didn't take kindly to being upstaged on his first day.

But then, when he bowed down to the figure, he offered a second glance back at the stranger. His jaw dropped dumbly as the gears in his head slowly began to turn. This - this woman person thing that nabbed his bed - this was that princess Rein had been referring to. An actual princess. In his room. On his bed. Owen never thought he'd see the day.

He looked between them warily, lost for words. Owen could never certainly conjured up a greeting quite as sophisticated as Rein's, so he said nothing, deciding to spare himself the embarrassment. He hated the belittling way the princess was staring at him, and he wanted nothing more than to snap out some snarky, defensive comeback. He held his tongue, fearing for his own safety if he dared speak out. Was he supposed to look her in the eye or look away? These customs were suddenly frustration, and he gave Rein a look implying that he wanted him to intervene or something.

Finally, she spoke. He'd always hated that question. Forcing him to recall that night he'd long wanted to forget. It was bothersome, and he frowned, visibly displeased. "I got into a fight..." He didn't bother saying any more, wishfully hoping that his lame explanation would somehow satisfy her. He'd already explained to his room-mate anyway.

"If you, uh... don't mind me... asking, uh, princess..." The title came with a notable amount of irony that neither of the two occupants would thankfully be able to pinpoint. He hesitated for longer than he should've. There were so many questions to ask. Was she really a princess? Did they really know each other? Did she really come back from the dead? Owen went with what he saw was the most vital one... given the current circumstances. "..What did you do to my room?"
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Height : 165cm
Weight : 90kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/Owen-AALC-273363096

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:46 pm

Rein's gentlemanly smile gained a hint of a teasing smirk, telling of a deeper bond of brotherly fondness, as the lioness circled his roommate. Catching Owen's look, he chuckled lightly. He did step forward though, taking pity on the other boy. His sister-like friend was frightening sometimes.

"Nef, please." There was a slight exasperated tone in the light under-his-breath comment, though it was still amused, too much so to be really annoyed. "Nef, this is Owen. My new roommate. Owen, this is Princess Neferure of Egypt, daughter of Hatshepsut and Thutmose the second." He inclined his head politely. "It's actually rather convenient you came..." He hesitated and adopted a rather sheepish look. "I was going to come look for you, actually."

He gestured both people inside.

"But, first, let's sit. Owen, I'm sure you don't wish to stay standing on that leg, and besides, we should hardly linger in the doorway as we get to know each other." He hummed lightly and waited for them both to seat themselves before he took wherever was left. After all, Nef was royalty, and Owen was injured. Therefore, they took the two most comfortable spots. "You really didn't have to clean, though, Nef..." The long haired boy sent a slightly apologetic look, knowing how messy the room had been before.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Height : 185 cm (6'1")
Weight : 67 kg (147 lbs)

Back to top Go down

Post  Neferure Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:19 pm

"Ooh, a fight," she purred, crossing her arms bossily over her chest. An amused smile graced her face when Owen called her 'princess'. It was a strange word that seemed to be all these modern people liked to use, but she understood it's status so she allowed it. The question he decided to sprout made her bark in short laughter and she flicked her hair back with a toss of her chin and glanced at the clean room behind her. "I cleaned it, of course. A girl's got to do something when she's bored, and I'll be frank," She lowered her voice and wrinkled her nose teasingly. "I can't have my Rein living in such squalor, you understand." The statement, she decided, would do to appease both of their comments.

She glanced at Rein, expecting some disapproval at her manner towards Owen, but really it oculdn't be helped. The boy seemed nice enough, but he looked helpless.

"Well, Owen," She finally greeted. "It's a pleasure."

She turned back towards the room and being familiar with Rein's polite mannerisms, she padded up to his new chair. Despite it's comfortable size, the piece of furniture was barely accommodating for the size of her lower half, but she somehow managed to look elegantly draped over the cushion, with both her front paws hooked over one chair arm, and her own hand resting on the back of the lion.

"So," she began, with a dangerous smile on her face, prepared to disapprove of Rein's request. "For what purpose did you need to seek me out?"
Neferure
Neferure
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Owen didn't seem to look amused at all at the guest. She cleaned it? Without even asking him? He hated it when people went through his stuff behind his back, and a girl, no less. Besides, it had been organised. Perhaps not organised in the sense that it was tidy, but the boy at least knew where things were, and he liked it that way. And then she had the gall to say it was filthy? She had no right. His disapproving expression said more than words would say.

Rein's intrusion was welcomed with a breath of relief. Although, he did feel somewhat bewildered at the rather extravagant title he referred to Neferure with. Somehow, he didn't think that the lame title of 'new room-mate' lived up to the standards of an Egyptian princess. He gave a curt nod at the introduction. A pleasure indeed, he'd mentally sneer.

He tried to calm himself. He'd only just met her, she might not be that bad. Besides, Rein seemed to like her, so that would make it better... right?

He strode in to enter, making a bee-line towards his bed. Despite it being his own little safe haven, he felt as if he were stepping into unfamiliar territory. It felt so different. He flopped himself down on the bed, putting his crutches down by his bedside before lifting both of his legs up onto a comfortable position on the bed. He sat forward slightly. Rein wanted to look for her? He wasn't sure why, but he was interested to know, but at the same time, dreading it. "What'sis about..?" he meekly asked, meekly looking to them.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:28 am

Rein's expression turned into an amused, though slightly exasperated expression. Neferure always seemed to take care of him, although he had expressed in the past that it was unnecessary and that he didn't need to be looked after. There really was no arguing with her though. He glanced to Owen and gave a small shrug, apologetic, but more in a 'what-are-you-going-to-do' manner.

As the pair found their seats, he made to join Nef at the chair, but hesitated. Usually, he would have no problem sitting next to her, but he wasn't sure he wanted to be within striking distance. There was a chance she might be angry with his request and flat out refuse. So, Rein stayed standing, tapping his fingers together a little nervously.

"Nef, I was wondering...if I could borrow my life back, just for a bit. I promise I'll give it back, and that I'll be very careful with it..I said I was sorry and the chandelier thing wasn't really my fault anyway. I just wanted to show Owen." He spoke hesitantly, but then insistently, like when you know your parent is going to deny you something and you need to get your reasons out before they say no. "I think it's a good idea that if I am going to be rooming with him, he knows. That way if he ever happens across it he'll know what it is...besides, he's expressed an interest in becoming a lijk and I think he should know what that means..." He trailed off, looking a little sheepish. "And you'll be here to watch over it too...so...my body wont be vulnerable while I show him..."
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Neferure Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:17 pm

She watched Owen with some amusement. He was so miserable it was almost amusing, but pitiable at the same time. Rein's nervous tapping drew her attention along with a raised eyebrow. Her chin lifted superiorly and her gaze narrowed, knowing where this was going as soon as he began. But the lioness listened to Rein while watching him with invasive scrutiny. This expression was held sternly throughout Rein's explanations and attempts to persuade her.

"I suppose..." she began while drawing in a calculated breath, "..that I should be grateful you are respectful enough to ask permission." She was quiet another moment while one hand rose to her collar where beneath the fabric of her shirt she could feel the familiar weight of the phylactery. "And some of your argument is valid." Her eyes wandered to Owen and remained there, though she still addressed Rein. "It would probably be best if he knew enough to understand and recognize this."

With a brief moment of hesitancy that she shook off with a short shake of her head and an annoyed breath, Neferure tugged gently on a chain that rested around her neck and drew it over her head, an antiqued silver pocket watch being drawn from beneath her blouse. Without glancing back at Rein, as if ignoring him should punish him, she rose from her seat and approached Owen's bed with the watch's chain in hand. Her arm extended the dangling trinket towards him.

"I get to do it, though." She shot Rein a disciplinary glare. "For your impertinence." Despite her judgmental words, she was not as annoyed by the request as could have been expected, otherwise she would have simply refused it.
Neferure
Neferure
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:31 pm

Owen listened as intently as he could possibly manage, but his head was too busy bustling with baffled questions to make much sense of his request. They wanted him to know what it meant to be a Lijk, he could take that... but what did that even mean? He knew his questions would soon be answered, but it wasn't soon enough. He hated the incredibly vague manner they conversed, like they didn't want him to understand.

And that woman - princess - was starting to agitate him. He stiffened when she diverted her gaze towards him, but he tried to keep his expression as straight and as stoic as possible. He hated the belittling feeling he got from merely dwelling in her presence. And her pretentious attitude was really starting to grind against his nerves. While he felt inclined to feel some respect, thanks to her status as his room-mate's friend, he was reluctant to form any sort of friendship based relationship. Then again, he knew he probably shouldn't base this all on first impressions.

When she approached him, he tensed, glancing sourly to the trinket and back to her face. Was he meant to do something? Take it? Leave it? His arms hung in mid-air awkwardly and indecisively, and something of a resigned sigh left his mouth. He couldn't bottle his questions much longer.

"Do what, exactly?" he said abruptly. His impatient gaze would flicker briefly to his room-mate: an answer from either of them would satisfy him. "What're you gonna show me? How come it's so bad?"
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:28 am

Now, Rein was used to this stare of Nef's...but it never ceased to have the intimidating effect. He was cowed under her scrutiny, but relief flooded him as she agreed. He watched the pocket watch emerge and his glowing eyes tracked it as it hung and swung towards Owen. He nodded encouragingly to the boy.

"Well, go on, you can take it, just be very careful with it. It's not bad at all, we're just going to show you my way of being immortal. We're also showing you what to do in an emergency situation." He spoke happily, as if emergency situations were a great amount of fun. The tall boy forced his gaze to flick back to the princess holding it and smiled.

"Of course, I'd have it no other way." He opened his arms slightly in invitation, as if saying 'choose your target'. "Please, though, something with a short return time..." Rein chuckled lightly and waited.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Neferure Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:21 pm

When Owen failed to accept the pocket watch from her in what she considered to be a satisfactory amount of time, Nef just dropped it above his lap. "Make sure you're holding that," she instructed after Rein's words of encouragement.

As Rein gave his consent, the lioness turned her head to glance over her shoulder at him, intent already in her expression. "Short return, sure thing." Her tone was flat and less than promising. With a quick wink to Owen--the only indication that she wasn't actually angry with Rein--she spun very suddenly on her paws and kicked off the tidied floor to pounce at Rein's torso with an animalistic snarl. Her front paws landed heavily on his chest and pushed the pair of them to the floor with Rein on his back. Both hands fisted roughly into his bangs to force his head back to display his neck. Without hesitating, both front paws clapped together on either side of Rein's neck. The claws all extended, burying deeply into his skin, then she yanked her paws upwards towards her human stomach. About half of Rein's neck tore from him with the motion of her claws, skin and muscle shredding and flailing upwards before flopping back to the floor, strips splayed out in any direction along with blood splatter. Splatter which was now also all over the breast of the lion body.

With a small noise of disgust, Neferure withdrew from the body of Rein and brushed her fingers in her soiled fur. She wrinkled her nose distastefully and held her reddened hand away from her like it was diseased, then looked around the room briefly for any spare cloth she could use to wipe off with.

(( godmod w/permission ofc~ c: ))
Neferure
Neferure
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:51 am

Rein's encouragement did help to assure him and he gave him a short nod. His pleasant phrasing did fool him into believing it wouldn't be all that bad. He was about to receive the pocket watch when Nef dropped it into his lap, to which he would fumble with it momentarily before holding it. 'Careful'. Yeah.

With a slight huff, he turned his attention towards Neferure and Rein, ready to watch whatever they were going to show him. He was almost prepared to be bored, and he would glance down to inspect the trinket in his hands instead. However, after a wink he'd receive from Nef which he had no idea how to interpret, he raised his head with alarm when she barrelled Rein over. "Wh-Hey!"

Apparently, everything Rein had told him about being immortal seemed to have flown out the window. His eyes widened with horror as the beast shredded his friend's neck apart. A hand raised to grip his hair, and his breaths became heavy. He didn't notice the splatter of red on his cheek - he couldn't tear his eyes away from the corpse on the floor.

He's dead.
He can't be...
He's dead.
He said he would come back!
He's DEAD.

He looked to Neferure, his eyes asking nothing but 'What did you do'. He'd look to Rein's body. Then back at the feline. Then at the blood. His hand with the watch trembled. He looked terrified.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:00 am

The tall boy had been prepared to be killed. But mauled? Not quite so much. The weight and aggression of Nef was surprising, and as the claws ripped open his throat he gave a smothered cry of exclamation. The tall boy drew in two ragged, coppery breaths before shuddering and falling still. His chin was up, shredded neck exposed and bleeding profusely, draining out on to the floor, long hair splayed about and seeping red. He was, undeniably, dead. The glow in his eyes flashed before going out, leaving just dull grey orbs rather than bright lilac.

For the Lijk, what happened was like a string suddenly tugged behind his navel, yanking his free from the blood and the pain, and dragging him in to a very small, though infinitely large space. It was cold and silver and very very familiar. He would have sighed if he could. The pocket watch that Owen held in a shaking grip grew warmer and the silver seemed to illuminate slightly, glowing gently in a light lilac. Rein's bleary mind sharpened slightly as he started to understand what was going on, and the glow brightened as he activated a phylactery's only defense mechanism: communication. Anything directly touching the Phylactery would be in contact with Rein's own soul, an effect of which, Rein could try and connect directly to that person. He tried now with Owen. He projected his mental voice to the boy through the contact.

Owen? Rein's characteristic voice, unable to be heard by Neferure, was light and echoing, almost feathery. Owen, can you hear me? Really...did Nef have to rip his throat wide open? That was going to take longer to heal than he had planned on...

Well, at least his body was already healing, despite how unnoticeable it was among the entirety of the bloody mess. And, as a benefit for the purpose of revenge for the unnecessary pain, Rein knew his body was going to be drawing on the closest source of his energy to heal itself: Neferure.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Neferure Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 pm

The initial urge to wipe clean was useless, Nef realized with a frustrated huff, and simply waited awkwardly for the blood to vanish from her skin and fur. It would eventually, as it relocated itself back into Rein's body. Owen's terrified expression made the lioness feel a little guilty for the violent display. Perhaps she should have gone a less bloody route. But, alas, too late now. She gave the boy a serious look, as if she were silently chastising him for something mundane and expected, like neglecting his school work. With one index finger raised, she pursed her lips to make a 'shoosh' face, then tapped her ear to tell him to listen. She didn't speak, not wanting to cause too much of a diversion from Rein, as she was sure by this point he would be trying to get Owen's attention.

Returning her attention to her sullied hands, Nef sighed then drew in a deep and steady breath, feeling just a little winded. Her hands were beginning to tingle obnoxiously like a persistent itch, and she approached she friend's mangled body to wipe some of the blood off on his shirt. Beneath the wetness her fingertips were shrinking, a dark and dusty brown color crawling down towards her knuckles, followed by the skin sinking in to closely hug the bones. Essentially, Rein's recovery was drawing from his reserves which were stored in the lioness, leaving her extremities as they had been when she was mummified.

With another annoyed sigh, Nef lowered herself to the floor behind her friend, and cradled his head on her folded front paws while she waited out the process. Her hands were lowered to rest over his chest, mindful not to use them or put pressure on the now delicately dry digits.
Neferure
Neferure
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:46 pm

His gaze refused to tear away from the corpse. That dull, lifeless expression sent a shudder down his spine, and his breath had shortened to quick, fleeting gasps. It haunted him to look at it, but he couldn't bring himself to look away. A nauseous feeling grasped him. He wanted to gag.

He'd seen this scene many times before - he might've been an expert. But they were never real. They'd only be observed through the screen of the television - and his was a far cry from any horror show he'd ever seen.

His shocked expression didn't even change at Nef's look. Frantic words would start to bubble up - but he quelled them at the motion to be quiet. He noted something peculiar about her hands - were they shrivelling?

The whole thing was just sickening. The blood was everywhere. Dreadful amounts. He barely registered the faint voice in his head - dismissing it as a delusion - until it came around a second time. He blinked, before looking down to the watch. His eyes widened, recognising the purple glow. Was it...?!

"Rein? Rein?" He sounded panicked. "Oh my God, you're alive aren't you..?!" He looked back at the corpse. It was so strange hearing his voice while looking at his blatantly dead body. Maybe he was going mad after all. "No... no you're not, I'm just..." His hand - which he'd almost forgotten was currently gripping his hair - slid down his face, smearing the smudge of red on his cheek. "..I'm gonna be sick. Your neck it's... torn to shreds, I can't even.." He shut his eyes, trying to assure himself that Rein would come back to life. He was here now, wasn't he? In this watch? However, no amount of reasoning could wipe the violent scene from his mind.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:48 pm

With Neferure close, near to the area of healing, the flesh inside started sealing faster. Like magnets the cells attracted each other and stitched back together. It traveled extremely slowly but steadily along the outside, pulling the skin back over like zippering up a jacket. The process was not the fastest, but the death blow would be undone eventually.

In the phylactery, Rein was glad to have caught Owen's attention, although he was a bit worried about the effect this might be having on the other boy right now.

Yes Owen, I'm alive. It's alright, calm down. Listen, you wanted to know...this is what a Lijk is. You are holding me right now, I am the watch. The body on the floor is a secondary host for me. Right now, it is too injured to house me, so I get kicked back to my primary body: the pocket watch. The body will heal and then I can return to it. Of course...Nef could have been kinder...

There was a pause and a feeling of unease slithered through the link from Rein.

Uhm. If you could just...keep a hold of me...and...uhm, are you okay?
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Neferure Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Owen's panicked state put Neferure at unease, and she frowned guiltily. Looking down at the mess she'd made, she could see Rein's neck slowly flopping and curling back into place, and she felt as if she's become jaded to this sort of thing. It was easy to forget the fear of fatality that most mortals, including herself at one time, held. But despite Owen's shocked exclamations, he was without a doubt addressing Rein, which means the boy had gotten though. Satisfied for the moment and deciding an apology could wait until the ordeal was over, Nef simply continued to hold her friend's head.

The skin around her fingers which had shriveled was growing stiff, and the dark and aged leathery texture was creeping up over her knuckles. The skin over her metacarpals sunk between the bones, and she could feel a dryness in the skin along her jawline. It was itchy but she refrained from scratching, lest she cause damage to the now brittle areas.

It had been some time since Rein required so much healing, and she had nearly forgotten how very unpleasant it was for her as well.

(( she's just waiting out their piece, don't feel like you have to respond to Nef, I know there's not much here to notice or comment on c: ))
Neferure
Neferure
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:06 am

He couldn't stop himself having another look. Although this time, he was somewhat more mentally prepared to see the mess, he couldn't stop the shudder of disgust that overcame him. The neck... what was it doing? Was it healing? Either way, quite frankly, it was revolting to watch the pieces of flesh stitch together, as well as the effect it seemed to be having on Nef. He was more than ready to hurl right there and then - but he suppressed the urge.

The voice registered in his head, and he looked down slowly to examine the watch. This was Rein. He was a...watch. The concept at first was difficult to handle in his head, but he did seem to sort of understand. In fact, he would've readily accepted it if it weren't for the fact he was still thoroughly disturbed by the earlier scene.

"...Yeah.. Yeah, I'm okay." He rubbed his forehead. "Man... Seriously... It's just--.." He whined. "Why didn't you tell me that was gonna happen.. Ugh... Don't ever do that again."

He cut his eyes at the pair on the floor. "How long's it gonna take anyway."
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:54 pm

Rein paused and considered that.

You know...I don't know why I didn't tell you. I guess it's easier to just show you. It's hard for most people to grasp something like this. Telling you I would be dead, and showing you my dead body coming back to life are completely different. A feathery echoing noise sounded, and it could only be assumed to be a chuckle. Alright. I don't particularly like the feeling of dying anyway. I'll try not to make a habit of it...

Unable to see what his body looked like, Rein hummed lightly.

Well...assuming that my neck is indeed healing like it should be...I'll be able to go back when my wound is not longer immediately fatal. Should be less than an hour. Maybe 5 minutes...15 minutes most for that amount of damage. It shouldn't be long. He paused. You know...you should show Nef that mirror sometime. I be she'd think it was cool...
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Neferure Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:34 pm

Neferure chose to politely ignore the one side of the conversation that she could hear. Some of the blood splatter on her fur was vanishing, though it was just barely noticeable. Despite the extent of the wound, Nef's proximity would help speed things up, but it still felt like it was taking forever for the body to heal enough for Rein to return, and she rolled her eyes up to watch the ceiling impatiently.

A tell-tale ripping noise that sounded a bit like tearing moist paper registered near her ear, and she whimpered quietly. It's not that it hurt, but in her mind's eye the drying split stretching from her jaw up the side of her cheek was the ugliest mar imagineable. In reality it wasn't longer than an inch and a half, but the skin was slowly darkening around it like her fingers had.
Neferure
Neferure
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Owen brusquely nodded to Rein, despite the watch probably being unable to see him. “..Yeah. Okay.” He couldn’t take the boy’s light-hearted tone of voice as amiably as he would’ve wanted to. For a start, the dead body on the floor still deterred his thoughts, and secondly, he didn't have the slightest clue what was happening to Neferure.

His pause was long before he responded to Rein. "..Yeah, you're healing," he confirmed, expression still twisted into that of disgust. 5 to 15 minutes... that wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. Admittedly, he had been dreading the thought of sitting there for an hour at least.

His eyes trailed down the the mirror on his bed at the mention of it, to which he gave a doubtful groan. It wasn't that he didn't think it was cool, in fact, Owen saw it to be the most interesting thing he possessed. But for some reason, given Nef's unknown condition, he couldn't be sure that she'd be at all inclined to look at some ornament.

"Um... Rein? The mirror's cool and all, but...I don't think she, uh.." He trailed off, eyes skimming over her form. It was awkward - assessing her condition in her hearing range to somebody that couldn't see her. Given that she'd ripped out someone's throat moments before, he had some intuition that he didn't want to offend her. But what if something was seriously wrong and he undermined it? His hesitation lasted longer than he intended. "She's..sort of.. shrivelling... and it looks gross. Is this meant to happen?"
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:24 am

A slight feeling of relief ebbed it's way form the watch at the confirmation that he was, indeed, healing. That was always a slight concern. He had a vague sense of where his body was and a feeling of enery that was tinted specifically like Neferure. He listened to Owen's concerned and made a noise of interest.

Oh, she is drying and starting to crack hm? That's normal. My body is using her's to heal itself. We're directly connected. He paused to hum again. You know, you're right though. Best not give her a reflective object until that's been fixed...she's not going to be happy.

There was a long pause.

Hey, tell her it'll be fine and I'll- The voice suddenly disappeared and the watch lost it's lively warmth, glow of the silver fading. The skin of Rein's body's neck sealed shut and while it was still covered in gore, it was sealed and no longer considered fatal to the death resistant flesh.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Neferure Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Neferure desperately tried to pretend she couldn't hear Owen. It was so embarrassing! It's her own fault though, she kept reminding herself. She could have chosen a less damaging method of killing Rein.

Despite her distracted gaze which avoided looking at the Owen, as if it gave his conversation some privacy, Nef was curious about why they would be talking about a mirror. Were they making fun of her? Did Owen think she was unaware of what was happening to her??

No, it was nonsense. She took a deep breath and steadied her anger, aware that it was likely unwarranted. A brief inspection of Rein showed rapid improvement. She needlessly tried to brush aside some of the gore that was still strung about his neck, mindful of her brittle fingers, to reveal that the skin beneath the mess has already completely restitched the slashes and tearing from her claws. Not even a scratch. He should be back soon, she knew, so she remained silent and just waited.
Neferure
Neferure
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:45 am

The condition was normal. That was okay then. He peered over Neferure's form once more , wondering if she was even hearing what they were saying. It didn't look like it, but then again, he wasn't keen to stare for too long.

He didn't say anything for the pause, he would just kinda sit there, and wait for something to happen. At Rein's first instruction, he raised his head as if suddenly snapping out of a daydream. However, when the connection was cut, and when the watch dulled down, an expression of alarmed concern crossed his face.

"...Rein? Hello?" He looked to the watch. Had Rein returned to his body... or was there something wrong with the watch? He shook the object brusquely in his grip, like he would with a broken television remote. Because somehow, he expected that to help...

What was it Rein wanted him to do again...? Oh yeah. "It'll be fine...?" he said to Neferure, his uncertain tone hardly reassuring at all.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:20 pm

The watch remained cold no matter the shaking. However, what happened with the shaking was Rein's eyes flickering. The light fluttered in time with the movements until they were fully illuminated. Almost immediately Rein was aware...aware that he was very ill. Ugh, he felt dizzy, dizzy and nauseous, but he knew that wasn't right, he hadn't eaten, he should have anything to make him sick. But, it wasn't his body, it was just his mind, like a strange sort of headache. He heard someone calling.

"yeah?" He tried to croak, but it came out as more of a harsh whispering noise that sounded more like wind traveling through a tunnel than a word. His choked a bit and shut his mouth. Alright, so, not completely repaired on the inside, got it. Rein blinked and groaned a little, hand going to his head. Ugh, dizzy...well, at least it was passing.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Neferure Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:02 pm

"Shhh, sh, hush," the lioness cooed quietly to Rein when she felt him return to his body. She would have pet his hair comfortingly if her fingers weren't near stiff from the dryness. A smile that tried to achieve confidence and reassurance was directed at Owen with a mild nod to let him know she got the message, even though she already knew everything would be fine.

She addressed Owen, not wanting to pressure Rein into speaking before he was ready for it. "I'm so sorry for alarming you, but did you have ample time to learn what happens?" Her gaze flickered to the watch that the boy held, and she nodded to it. She knew the pair had had plenty of time to make contact, since she'd witnessed Owen's half of the conversation. But she wasn't sure how much Rein had gotten to explain.

Some of the blood matted in her fur was slowly vanishing as it relocated itself back into the wounded boy's body, leaving her progressively as clean as she had been when she'd arrived.
Neferure
Neferure
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Owen was more than ready to give the apparently faulty watch a quick smack against his palm before he heard a noise coming from the direction of the other two. His head swivelled round to view them, curious if the sight would be as cringe-worthy as he expected it to be.

Thankfully, it wasn't - at the very least, Rein's throat wasn't a mauled wreck anymore. He noticed the smile from Nef, and although it seemed in good nature, it translated as nothing but 'You're next' to Owen's mind. He was thoroughly creeped.

At her question, he gave a quick nod, as if he was being put under test. "Oh yeah. He, um... dies. Then goes to this thing here," he gestured with a careless wave of the watch, "then back." It was so simple. Why didn't they just tell him? An almost annoyed look crossed his face at this prospect. "Dun' see why you had to rip him open though," he remarked, his tone rather haughty.

He looked to Rein, seeing that he sort of appeared to be alive, but not entirely well. He frowned. "Is he, uh... okay?"
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next