The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

A new roommate?!

3 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

A new roommate?! - Page 4 Empty Re: A new roommate?!

Post  Rein Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:56 pm

The tall boy stilled at the soft cooing, it being familiar and comforting. He listened to their conversation, pushing through his dizziness, throwing an arm over his eyes to block out the light and focus more on his other senses. There was an audible popping noise from Rein's throat as the cartilage snapped back together and Rein's body flinched slightly. Opening his mouth and popping his jaw, he tested out the airway by breathing deep. It was a little raspy, but well on it's way. He chuckled slightly.

"Don't think...quite gets it." His echoing tones were light and airy, like a whisper, as if the voice itself were escaping somewhere. A goofy smile was on display, he found something funny, but even he didn't know quite what.

His other hand came up to flip, floppily waving Owen off like nothing as to gesture that he was perfectly fine and not to worry.
Rein
Rein
Admin

Height : 185 cm (6'1")
Weight : 67 kg (147 lbs)

Back to top Go down

Post  Neferure Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:38 pm

Owen was watched carefully while he supplied his response. Neferure seemed to approve of his recount, since she very gently lowered Rein's head from her paws to the floor and raised herself to take a couple steps towards her friend's roommate. Where she stopped offered Owen a polite enough amount of personal space, she thought, since he still seemed very freaked out. Her arm had to be extended fully to span the space she left him, offering her hand palm-up with an expectant glance at the watch. He was through with it, and she wouldn't be at ease until it was back in her possession.

"I had no other weapons on me," she offered half-heartedly in defense of her chosen display of violence. On retrospect, it probably would have been just as easy to snap his neck or strangle him. But the dynamic of gore would, in her opinion, best leave no doubt of trickery. There was no disputing that Rein had died, and all of his healing was unavoidably observable. Se didn't know if Owen wouldn't have believed them or not, but she was confident he couldn't now either way.

Without turning her attention from the heavier by, she responded to Rein in a much gentler tone than she had used with Owen, albeit stern as well. "He gets it well enough. That phylactery must never come to any harm. And if anything happens to Rein or his body.." Her eyes pierced Owen accusingly, the underlying threat being that she trusted no one with this treasure and it would be his head if he were ever careless with it. Not that she had any plans of letting him wander around with the thing, of course. "It is the watch that must be protected above all else."
Neferure
Neferure
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:51 pm

He almost looked offended at Rein. "Don't get it? Whud'ya mean? 'Course I get it, you just showed me." He raised his empty hand in a wave. "And dun' show me again.... Don't think I need to see that for another lifetime," he grumbled, half under his breath. He did wonder exactly what Rein was doing... but then he realised that he did just kinda sorta die, so he resisted making some remark on it.

The glance he gave Neferue was nothing short of wary, but he did listen to her words. No other weapon? He restrained his disbelieving huff, still firmly believing that she hadn't needed to go that far.

However, as she continued, his careless hold of the watch quickly turned to a careful cradle, his hands protectively cupping the watch. It was almost done subconsciously. A few hundred dumb questions came to mind that he wanted to ask, but with Neferure looking at him like that, he really couldn't bring himself to do it.

Placing the watch into her expectant hand, he couldn't help but let one question pass. "So what happens if it breaks?"
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Height : 165cm
Weight : 90kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/Owen-AALC-273363096

Back to top Go down

Post  Rein Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:38 am

Rein sighed as the chuckles subsided and he listened passively to Nef and Owen. Finally, the dizziness was leaving him and his throat felt right again. He opened his eyes and glanced over.

"Well, hopefully, you wont have to see it again. But I wasn't hoping that you get the idea that I died, that's pretty indisputable - thank you Nef - but rather, I want you to understand my connection to an inanimate object. In the kitchen, you were curious, but now that you have seen, do you really want to be a kind of mine?" He patiently asked. He was worried, sincerely, over the fact Owen had found his immortality a little too interesting. And he hoped that this gruesome display had turned the other boy off from such ideas. As the last question met air, though, his eyes widened in horror.

"Don't break it!" He squeaked and bolted upright. "That would be very very bad! Remember what I told you about dust? Yeah, dust! You would have dust for a roommate!" He threw his hands up in the air, and waved them frantically. "I don't really want to be dust!"
Rein
Rein
Admin

Height : 185 cm (6'1")
Weight : 67 kg (147 lbs)

Back to top Go down

Post  Neferure Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:45 am

With the phylactery securely back in her possession, the lioness wasted no time in returning it to what she deemed the safest place for it--around her neck. The watch was tucked beneath her shirt and she was able to comfortably stand back while Rein said his peace, feeling instantly and significantly less hostile now that the watch was where it should be.

She sat casually back on her haunches and inspected her fingernails with passive superiority, waiting until Rein was through with his endearingly childish concerns about dust before speaking, without looking up from her important-finger-inspection--which had suddenly brought a scowl to her face when she realized that this action of habit reminded her of her less-than-acceptable appearance.

"It won't be broken." The harshness of her tone was gathered to leave little room for argument.

With a small sigh of indignation, she moved closer to Rein and wordlessly lowered both of her withered hands before him, a patiently disgruntled look on her cracked face.
Neferure
Neferure
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:30 am

Owen looked carefully between Rein and Neferure, still uneased, but not as much as before, at the very least. The boy's question did provoke thought though. Did he really want to be a... Lijk, as he called it? It sounded cool at the time. Injuries never lasting, living forever, and being able to do anything without repercussions. But... well, he couldn't deny that the death was downright sickening, and Owen certainly didn't trust himself enough to guard any small strinket that was supposedly his life force. Plus, no eating or sleeping? That in itself was a turn-off.

"Um... No." He shook his head with a frown. "No.. Not interested. You can keep all your... death stuff to yourself."

He was more than ready to make a crack about Rein's whining about 'dust', but Nef had spoken before he'd even opened his mouth, then he was entirely reluctant. She's probably bite his head off or something if he even dared making one joke - he kept his trap shut.

While the lioness's attention was turned, he gave Rein a silent, hinting glance, one that would frequently turn to Nef then to the door, one that would hopefully imply that he wanted her to leave.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Height : 165cm
Weight : 90kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/Owen-AALC-273363096

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4