The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Banned and Bored

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Banned and Bored Empty Banned and Bored

Post  Mihai D.F Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:45 am

Mihai pouted as he sat in the corner of the music room, strumming away at the guitar in his lap.

His brother had decided to scream blue murder at him and ban him from following him around. Okay, so he didn't scream - Spyridon doesnt scream - but he still banned him from following him.

And so Mihai was bored. And when Mihai was bored the end of the world was coming. Well, thats what it felt like to him.

He switched between plucking idly at the guitar, not playing a single solid tune but creating a mash up of any tunes he picked out of his head, and toying idly with one of the dreads that fell over his chest and pooled either in his lap or around him on the floor.

"Wúliáo, wúliáo, wúliáo, wúliáo, wúliáo, wúliáo, wúliáo!" he growled, leaning back against the wall.

-----------------------
Wúliáo - Bored
Mihai D.F
Mihai D.F
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Banned and Bored Empty Re: Banned and Bored

Post  Shae-Lantern Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:07 am

Shae strolled along the corridors with nothing much to do and no real motivation to find something. Most of the time when he was without something to occupy him he'd go bug Raye or -usually- find Ndale, and make his boredom the cheetahs problem.
But today he didn't know where either of those people were and just couldn't be bothered with looking. So he just walked along hoping something would find him.

As he passed by the music room he heard sound from within and, without any other more pressing thing to do, grabbed the hand of the door, pushing it open slowly. Someone was sitting there with a guitar, leaning against the wall. It wasn't someone he recognized- not even from passing each other by randomly in the halls. Someone new, Perhaps?

"... Afternoon..." he raised a slight brow, his usual soft expression and smile in place.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Height : 180
Weight : 54

http://spaschick.deviantart.com/gallery/31009203?offset=0#/d4o69

Back to top Go down

Post  Mihai D.F Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:21 am

He opened his mouth to start muttering angrily again when the door opened.

He stared stupidly for a minute with his mouth hung open before he glanced away, tongue darting out over his lips as his mouth closed.

After a moment or two he turned back to the boy and grinned, hand coming up to push his dreads back.

"Ni hao, uh, hey..."

He glanced over the boy. Tall but not quite as tall as him. Fairly long scruffy hair. Strange purple eyes. He was good looking but he was sure he'd never seen him before.

He set his guitar aside and pulled a leg up, bent at the knee, to rest his arms on. His chin rested comfortably on top of his arms and he grinned. "I'm Mihai. You?"
Mihai D.F
Mihai D.F
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:40 am

Shae studied the person- although his face didn't show it. Long.. Long hair.. Dreadlocks. Most likely taller than him and sure as hell a lot more well built.

He just smiled with the same expression as he was stared at before the greeting was finally returned and his smile widened, taking a few casual steps forward. The black slacks he was wearing -they weren't his- were a bit too big for him and they were pretty loose, gathering in folds over his shoes. His jacket was of course the same as ever. Two sizes too big with his hands almost completely concealed in the sleeves.

He stopped, leaning to one side slightly hand on his hip. "Shae.. Shae lantern... you new here are you?"
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Mihai D.F Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:07 am

He arched a brow at the over-large clothing but didnt comment. People were always telling him he wore too small clothes, even though the midriff shirt was supposed to cut off at the stomach. Some people just didnt know great fashion when they saw it.

"Yeah, me and my brother Spyridon." I'll play nice, he thought, and call him Spyridon to others. He'd kill me if I called him Don.

"We're searching for someone. Wouldn't happen to know anyone called Ray would you?"

If he could get some information about The Sheep before Spyridon did, his brother would let him help with the tracking - thus let him follow him around.
Mihai D.F
Mihai D.F
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:25 am

Shaes smile turned into a slight grin as he moved a few steps closer again, so he was only roughly a metro away, leaning backwards on a table hands out behind him for support. His jacket slipped slightly off one shoulder as he did so but he paid it no real attention- they did that all the time, he was far too used to it to care.

"heh.." he raised his brow further, a hint of mock-accusation in his tone. "straight down to business, ey? What not even going to pretend your interested in talking to me?" he gave an obviously fake pout- although still smiling- acting hurt.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Mihai D.F Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:36 am

He gave a little shrug. "What a nice day it is today, Shae. Shall we go on a nice walk and bask in the beautiful rain?" He motioned to the window he was sat under and bought attention to the beautiful rain that was pelting the glass harshly.

"Do you know anyone here called Ray or not? Simple question, simple answer."

"I want to get this over with and go back to China." The sooner he and Spyridon killed this Ray, the sooner they could go back home.
Mihai D.F
Mihai D.F
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:56 am

His eyes narrowed slightly. This guy was rathe blunt it seemed, or he was in a bad mood, maybe both- but that kinattitude certainly didn't make Shae feel helpful. And the way he talked... What did he want with Raye? It didn't sound like he was all that worried about her- if it was even the right Raye- or excited to see her.
It sounder more like negative business to him. It didn't make him feel any more compliant.

"your not going to get anywhere in your search with an attitude like this but to answer your question I don't know any guys called Ray, no." he kept his smile, deliberately misinterpretting the question. If it was his Raye they were looking for then Mihai would tell him it was a girl he was searching for, right?
And if he didn't know Raye was a girl then, all the more reason to be suspicious.

"But if that's all you want then good luck with your search, Mihai, sorry to bother you." he shrugged and pushed off the table, readjusting his jacket in preparation to leave.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Mihai D.F Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:13 am

He gave a heavy sigh and ran his hand over his face. He was tired of this. He just wanted to find Ray, do whatever he had to do then get home. He wanted to be back in China. He wanted to be with his mate. He wanted children. None of which he could do while he was still chasing after Raye!

"This attitude is spurned by the fact that I've been chasing Ray for nearly a year. We could have sworn Ray was on this island..."

He slumped back against the wall. Then he looked back.

"Sorry, shouldnt really have gone straight into interrogations."

He began fidgeting with the plectrum in his hand slowly. "I need to work on my social skills a bit, dont I?"
Mihai D.F
Mihai D.F
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:46 am

Shae hummed as though slightly interested and then sat down next to the other guy casually, pulling on his collar and then examining his black painted nails.
"this Raye person.. What are you going to do when you find... Him." he would keep up the pretense of 'him' until he knew more. But it was clear by now that this guy had no real idea who Raye was.
How was he related to her he wondered.

"and why are you looking for him anyway?" he played with the strings on his jacket, flicking them, pulling his zip down slightly and back up and down again in a distracted kind of way- as though not reaally concerned with what was going on surrounding "Ray."

He chuckled. "the time will only pass longer if you Only concentrate on making it pass quicker.. Time gas a way of doing that." Mohair could take Shaes word for it too. He'd had plenty of experience with time.
Although recently he didn't seem to have... Enough. Not anymore. Not.. Bur he tried not to think of that- best not to dwell.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Mihai D.F Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:59 am

"We'll do what we've been told to do," he answered, watching the boy walk across the room and sit next to him.

He continued to fidget with the plectrum, staring down at it now instead of at the boy. "We're looking Ray because they're a Jinn. One that's been showing the signs of madness far too early. Could have helped that they're The Sheep and seriously messed up with all the Hunter work they've been doing."

He gave a shrug. "Either way, they're dangerous and we've gotta get rid of 'em."

"Are there any Jinn here on the island?"
Mihai D.F
Mihai D.F
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:17 pm

Well that was decided then, he was going to keep an eye on this guy AND his brother. They weren't going to lay a finger on Raye. Outwardly though he just smiled. It was funny, the way this boy fiddled reminded him of Raye too. Of the way she played with her spider bites when she got nervous... And what a memory that was.

He chuckled as he thought of it and moved his hand to casually run a finger over the edge if the small object in Mihais hands. "Not that I know of, sorry."
He gave a small apologetic shrug. "You really do need a distraction though, ever heard ifgetting a hobby?" the corner of hislips twitched with amusement. "maybe you could work on your socialskills in your spare time or something- obsessing over one thing like this is unhealthy or so they say." he surveyed the boy with his cool, soft gaze, his face as ever didn't let much on in terms of emotion or thoughts.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Mihai D.F Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:33 pm

He ran his tongue over his lower lip then sighed, watching the finger run along the pick in his fingers. "Knew I smelt a Jinn around here. Must have left before we saw it... Damn."

He ran his hands through his dreads frustratedly, dropping the small chunk of plastic to the floor. "Another dead end... I dont know why Don even took this damned mission. Just because he's frustrated that the damned Sheep was better known than he was in the HA..."

He inhaled slowly to calm himself. "Sorry. Shouldn't rant in front of people. Not a good social skill, eh?"

When the boy commented on needing to get a hobby, he immediately pulled his guitar onto his lap. "I do have a hobby. I had another one, too before my mate decided we can't try for a litter until we get Ray."

He ran a hand lovingly over the body of the guitar. He loved his instrument. He had had it for years and played it constantly. His music was a big part of his life.

"Obsessions keep life interesting. And I'm not obsessive over him as much as my brother is. Spyridon just wants to prove he's the best Hunter there is." He gave a snort. "He needs to work on his social skills a hell of a lot more than I do."
Mihai D.F
Mihai D.F
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:57 pm

Shae watched the guys tongue out of the corner of his eye, really was a lot like Raye.

He raised a brow grinning. "starting a family is a hobby is it?" he chuckled and sighed leaning back. "mates --he quoted the word in the air with one hand-- have a habit of making annoying decisions don't they... Mind decided to sell me on valentines day..." he momentarily looked unimpressed as he remembered the ordeal.

He paused not saying anything and then turned his head back to face Mihai. "Still, at least you have that to look forward to... Starting a familly.." he looked down, suddenly seeming a lot less cheerful, tired almost, old. There was a hint of sadness in his eyes. Look forward to... What did he have to look forward to.. Nothing. Because all there was in the future were things he was dreading. He tried to push it out of his mind.

"S.. So.. Your brother.. What's ge like?" I smiled trying to bring back his mask. Spyridon.. The name almost sounded familiar, like he'd heard it before. "a bit of a one track mind is he?"
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Mihai D.F Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 pm

He gave his own grin. "Trying for it is. So many different ways to try. Trying out positions people've told you, making up your own positions. Pretty easy to make a hobby out of it."

Mihai laughed, shoulders shaking. "Sell you? Wow... I woulda killed Tal if she sold me. Well, maybe not if the person she sold me to was good looking." He shook his head with a little smile. "She gets far too jealous to even think about selling me, though."

"Yeah..." He smiled softly. "When all this is over we'll go back to China and start our own family. I've wanted children for nearly a hundred years... I guess I can wait another few months."

"Spyridon? He's a jackass. He's narrow-minded and rude. Doesnt speak to anyone. Doesnt tell anyone anything! Sometimes I could wring his damned neck." He curled his hands around the air as if Spyridon was sitting right there and he was strangling him. But after a short moment he dropped his hands and began playing a soft, calm melody on the guitar, eyes sliding closed as he tried to calm himself. "But there are times where he's not all that bad. He's protective and loyal." His lips twitched. "And when Raye-Majick used to bully him when they were kids... he shares those stories a lot. Raye and Nate were the biggest bullies I've ever heard about."

He grinned, mind flying over all those stories. He wanted to meet Raye one day. If she was even still alive...
Mihai D.F
Mihai D.F
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:37 pm

Shae smirked and rolled his eyes.. Now THAT sounded like something Ndale would say.

"hmph- Ndale IS extremely jealous though, but for some reason he decided to sell me as part of some stupid.. I don't even know..." he sighed again, smiling as though exsasperated, but the talk of family, of waiting it brought his expression back down. "100 years huh? That's a pretty long time.. It must really be nice to have something to look forward to.. To hope for.. Long for.." the sadness began to show again. "to be able to start a family and have a life with someone..."

He shook himself. "not for me though. I don't know much about myself but from what I have fathered my kind isn't meant to breed.."

he listened with mild interest to Mihai talk about His brother until he heard Raye mentioned and he looked over and up sharply as his attention was grabbed- "you're-" he cut himself off, quickly masking his mistake. "very lucky then, also to gave a brother who you can rely on like that..."
Should he.. Suggest it? Mention it? Point it out? Shouldn't he?
"....... Raye-Majick you say.. I wonder if you won't meet her soon then?" he looked over and raised a brow.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Mihai D.F Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:02 pm

He laughed. "Valentines dating thing, eh? Can't say I havent been a part of a few of those over the years." He grinned, mismatched eyes bright. "Those were the days. No Ray to worry about. just me, Spyridon, our guitars and Li."

"We all have something to look forwards to. Some just have bigger things. I have my family. Spyridon has killing Ray. Some people have making it big, becoming musicians, writing books. And then there are the little things. Seeing your lover again. Waiting for the next joke to be sent your way. Your next meal." He gave a shrug. "Hell, there are a tonne of things to look forwards to."

"Yeah, when he's not pissing me off seven ways to Sunday he's a great guy. I would say you ought to meet him, but it might not be a good idea. He's hell-bent on finding Ray. He'd be more direct than I was." His lips quirked up. "I'm betting he makes a few enemies here. The less people he meets, the less potential enemies he'll have"

"Meet Raye? As much as I'd love to I don't think I will. We've never met. None of us know where she went after she left Dakota. I have no idea what she looks like apart from having silver hair and blue eyes like Don. I don't even know if she's still alive."

The soft melody he had been playing stopped and he started up playing another song with a distinct and easily recognisable rock song - All Summer Long. He hummed the tune softly, a little smile on his lips.
Mihai D.F
Mihai D.F
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Things to look forward to. Even little things. Nothing. Not one thing.
Even the things he did look forward to- he didn't want to because he knew the future held only pain. He wanted everything to stay as it was. Wanted to STOP moving forward.
Nothing, to look forward to.
Nothing.
And especially, not happy family.

He needed to not think of that. Really. Not think of it. Stop that thought process and bury it.
"Haha yeah.. well I dunno- I don't make enemies easily.." -because I like to keep everyone close- "Maybe I'll see him around" he shrugged as if nonchalant.

".... It really hasn't crossed your mind has it.." he turned and looked pointedly at the other boy. He wouldn't say it, he wouldn't actually say it, he wouldn't TELL him. But he wondered if it would ever occur to him that he was going out to kill the same person he heard stories about.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Mihai D.F Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:41 am

He snorted. "You'll change your tune when you meet Spyridon. He's got a way of making enemies out of the most tolerable people." He ran his tongue over his lower lip. "If he hadn't done what he had for me, I wouldn't be all that close to him, either."

"Yeah, you'll probably see him around. If not just lurking looking for the non-existent Jinn on the island, possibly in classes. You taking O/D or music?" he asked curiously.

His fingers moved over the fretboard but the hand holding the plectrum was still.

"No, it hasn't. Why would it? It's been nearly one hundred and thirty years and I havent met her once yet. And what are the chances of ever meeting her? It's not like she's going to suddenly appear on the-"

And then something clicked.

The guitar slipped from his hands and clattered loudly to the ground.

I don't know any guys called Ray. When had he asked for guys? He'd addressed Ray as 'they' not 'him' leaving the question open to either gender. And he wouldn't have manipulated his answer like that unless he was protecting someone.

A girl called Ray. Raye...

Why had his mind passed over this without thinking it over?

Oh, For F- "Please don't tell me she's here..." He hated how shaky his voice sounded.
Mihai D.F
Mihai D.F
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:31 am

The guitars sudden drop did startle him slightly- although he didn't show it other than looking around fully at Mihai. Well he hadn't been thinking he would put two and two together quite so well... but there was really no point in lying- he'd figure it out somehow or another.
Best to make sure he understood instead- that Shae was NOT on his side.
... best not to mention that until he had to.

He waited... thinking it over- and making it very clear that he was thinking it over.
"... She speaks very fondly of your brother..." was his delayed answer, looking up at the ceiling as he remembered. "We were in the library looking up Will-o-wisps and she kept talking about him... always running her tongue over her lower lip the same way you do... heh"
He chuckled, smiling slightly again with the same almost fondness as before. "I remember pointing it out to her.. by example too..." his own tongue traced an absent minded path over his own bottom lip as he remembered.
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Mihai D.F Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:36 pm

He slumped back against the wall with a pained moan. "This is going to kill him. Absolutely murder him."

He ran a hand over his face, wishing to god the man was lying.

Spyridon loved Raye. He couldn't even think about her without getting a smile on his face. For him to be hunting her of all people... God, Spyridon was going to hate finding out.

Mihai was going to go out of his way to make sure he didn't find out. Let him carry on chasing a fictitious male Jinn and coming up blank.

"Brother? Which one of us?" he asked dryly. Last time He and Spyridon dropped in on the pack he had thirty six living brothers. Giving Raye a total of thirty seven.

He let out a weak chuckle, running his tongue over his lips instinctively. "I've been told that I have some of her old habits. Bet she wrinkles her nose when she's unhappy, too."

With a slow inhale he turned to the man, nudging his guitar out of the way and resting his hands on his knees. "Tell me about her." He wanted to know how much she had changed from the stories that Don tells him.
Mihai D.F
Mihai D.F
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:11 am

Shae gave Mihai a pointed look.
"Which one do you think?" he rolled his eyes and sighed.

Tell him about her? What was he meant to say.. sure had plenty that he COULD say.. but where to start.
She was... Raye was...
".. Well... She's shameless.. and.. she likes to tease. She um.. She's clumsy and can't dance but she can poledan...." he coughed. Maybe that wasn't the right thing to be saying right now?
He wasn't sure.
He couldn't tell what the mood was.

"... She's nice, fun to talk to, and a good kisser.. She reads.. interesting comics." he sighed. These were all short "facts" and he was sure Mihai wanted something more than that. "Oh I don't know- What do you want me to say?"
Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Mihai D.F Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:45 am

He gave a little shurg. "If she hasnt kept in contact at all I'd say either Spyridon or Nate. SHe didn't really get on particularly well with Don at times and always preferred Nate so I'd assume him. Even though he's an ass." Mihai did not like Nathaniel. At all.

"Shameless, clumsy, non-dancing tease..." He chuckled quietly, lips quirking into a grin. That description sounded nothing like the girl that his brother was always talking about.

This Raye sounded fun.

A brow arched. Good kisser? "What's your relationship with her?" What does subtle mean? he mock-asked himself dumbly. One thing Mihai wasn't good with in conversation was subtlety. He could run his mouth with the best of them. No filter between brain adn mouth. He was just lucky he hadn't asked if Shae was dating her.

And then a slew of questions spewd from his mouth at a high speed. "How does she cope around people? Has she tried to kill anyone yet? Is she friendly with others? Does she have any enemies? Are there any people that she's particularly fond of? Is she stubborn? Does she have a cruel side? Has she ever talked to you about wanting to see her family again? Is she dangerous? Will you introduce me to her?"

His mind completely overlooked the fact that not everyone understoof the language of over-excited Mihai and there was a big chance Shae hadn't caught any of his questions.

...Oh well.
Mihai D.F
Mihai D.F
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Shae-Lantern Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:43 am

He sighed. "Which one do you think I'd bother mentioning to you when I don't know who you do and don't know?" he raised a brow. Really. Context.

"Ah well we're.. good friends really.. just that..." he shrugged, almost sounding a bit sheepish. They definitely had an interesting friendship, that was for sure, but that was what it was. Friendship. The only real romantic feelings he felt were someone else entirely. "I- she's pretty good she- not that I- no more than anyone else here I- we- no- One at a time!!!!!!" he sighed with exasperation- even he couldn't keep up at that speed, it all just got confused as he answered each question.

Shae-Lantern
Shae-Lantern

Back to top Go down

Post  Mihai D.F Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:28 am

"Considering its my family and I was around through the stuff that Raye missed? Unfortunately Nate didn't die before I was born." If only... "Okay, so she's she's fond of Spyridon. Lets hope she doesnt recognise him..."

Good friends? Friends with benefits, his mind supplied.

He listened intently to the broken answers, trying to piece together the answers and make sense of them mentally.

A sheepish grin pulled at his lips. "Sorry, sorry."

He pushed his dreads out of his face and ran over the barrage of questions he had asked. "Okay... Does she have any enemies? And does she have anyone here she's particularly fond of?" It'd be best to get on the good side of those she was fond of.
Mihai D.F
Mihai D.F
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next