The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

blue haired girl and a violin

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

blue haired girl and a violin Empty blue haired girl and a violin

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:17 pm

Yuuki had slipped into the backroom, and now can back out with a small case, which she carried as though the instrument inside of it might break. she silently lifted the pretty violin out, stood up straight, and set it in place on her shoulder. she pulled up the bow, and started to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_YUD6lduZM

it had been about a year since she'd played the violin--for a while, it had always been the drums, the guitar, or even the piano once in a while. she could play them all with a fair amount of talent--enough to carry the role in a song with her family. it was the violin that had always captured her attention, with its sad voice that she felt would understand her so well. there was a violin in the music room, and there was no way that she would let it go without her playing it. now, with the good mood she was in, the violin sounded happy, rather than sad

((any character i haven't rped with in a while, or not at all, is free to pop in! new characters; yuuki doesn't bit, i promise ^^)
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 154.94cm

http://yuukihyouketsu.deviantart.com/gallery/31934824#/d4fymmp

Back to top Go down

blue haired girl and a violin Empty Re: blue haired girl and a violin

Post  Esha Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:51 am

She was walking past the music room and Esha heard a springty, fast paced noise from behind the shut door. She was going to walk past but she had to go in and look at who was playing the song. She peeked inside the door and slipped in to observe. The violinist's back was turned so she just sat on a desk half full with tuneless percussion instruments. Maybe if I do well in class this year I won't just be stuck playing these. She eyed the instruments.

She picked up a small leather skin drum and a soft beater. She began to beat it softly to the beat, tapping her foot lightly on the ground, when it seemed the verse had come to be nearing an end she saw a sitar in the corned, half covered by a sheet. This school had one? She grabbed it and blew of the dust, checked it was in tune by ear. She crossed her legs in front of herself, sitting on the table.

She started playing along with the next verse quietly from what notes she could make out from what she had heard, she made a beat to go behind the song, like a bass. The beat she actually was actually made from a series of bars from the song the violinist was playing, Stop cheating Esha, she told herself mischievously, smiling. She sincerely hoped she wouldn't embarrass herself.

Esha

Height : 180cm
Weight : 200kg

http://eversodashing.deviantart.com/art/Esha-AALC-app-304775405

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Yuuki hadn't noticed the new presence in the room, as the music had overcome all of her attention. still, the music had to end sometime. yuuki slowly removed the bow from the instrument, letting both hands fall to her sides. she leaned quietly against the piano, her mind still live with exaltation as she relaxed her sore wings behind her.

the other girl in the room still went unnoticed at her back

((sorry its short...it was longer, until it got deleted))
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Esha Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Esha played a few more bars of the song the girl was playing, and noticed the girl still hadn't turned around. That absorbed, huh? She envied the other girls's ability to to on task, she always liked to dance to music more. She felt left out when people danced to her music and she couldn't join in.

She looked at the blue wings on her back loosen up, does she even know i'm here? Esha thought furrowing her eyebrows. She smoothed her silk kimono and checked her shoes were tied, no marks on her jeans... Esha used her time undetected to check she was alright looking. Hmm.. her wardrobe really needed replacing, she was running out of clothes suitable for this weather. She mentally made note to visit that interesting little clothes shop.

Esha

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Yuuki's mind was wandering in that unpredictable way as she stood there, but it didn't hang around for much longer. she suddenly felt another presence in the room, causing her to jump--if a bit delayed in reaction--and turned, looking surprised and embarrassed, to a girl with eyes like black onyx. Yuuki almost dropped the violin, but even her surprise wasn't enough to allow her to damage the precious object.

"oh--i'm, i'm sorry. i didn't realize there was anyone else in here." she would have blushed, if she could. why was she always finding herself in the most embarrassing situations lately?
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Esha Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:54 pm

She slid off the table with one hand extended, one holding onto the neck of the sitar "It's alright, that was good!" she beamed as as she delivered the compliment, truly meaning it.

The girl was something of a mystery to her, the whole school was. She had never seen someone with wings before, or the ability to manipulate things other and outside their own bodies. And going to school was a big shock for her, very scary.

the blue haired girl was still holding onto the violin, maybe they could have another song.

(sorry for the wait, I had a massive character block, Esha just kept running away from me)

Esha

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Yuuki smiled shyly and accepted the hand to shake. "thank you," she replied. "Are you taking music class at the school?" The girl must have just showed up with the newest batch of students. Yuuki didn't recognize her, and she was pretty sure that she would remember those onyx eyes--she'd never seen anything like them before. Yuuki felt her wings twitch behind her as they tried to find a more comfortable position.
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Esha Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:19 pm

"yes I did, along with science" She was looking forward to science. She knew things worked, but it would be interesting to see how they did. A million questions cropped up in her head about the violin adn how it was played, but she acted nonchalant about it. "so, how long have you been playing?", her head tilted to one side, and her eyes bright with curiosity.

She had begun playing the sitar at the grand age of 12, mainly because she was a poorly child and would spend her time in bed with no energy and even less to nothing to amuse herself with herself.

Esha

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:57 pm

"science? you'll be with professor Kale then."

Yuuki stifled a giggle. "i wish you luck! i'm Yuuki, by the way."

She glanced down to the violin, surprised that she was still holding it.

"umm...," she cocked her head to one side, thinking. well, she'd learned while in the institute--they'd signed her up for a music class, and it was the main instrument that had interested her.

"I started playing around....7-ish? so... 8 or 9 years." Yuuki wasn't exactly sure what her true age was, so it was the best estimate she could give.
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Esha Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:40 pm

The comment about Kale being less than pleasant as a teacher, but she kept her face the same, despite her panic. She had never been to an actual school before so the news her teachers were grumpy wasn't welcome. Her nerves didn't need it.

Her pupil-less eyes also glanced down at the violin, but nobody would have known. Sh laid the sitar on the table behind her.

Esha grinned, "about 35 years, on and off" She had no qualms about giving that information, but her age was off limits until she knew her better. Maybe she's just assume she hadn't reached her 50th year yet and be done with it.

Esha

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:46 pm

Yuuki watched Esha's expression fall and instantly felt bad for it. better that she knew, but still....

"she's really not all bad...a little cryptic maybe, and straight-forward....i suppose she's one of those "don't get on her bad side" teachers." she decided not to pass on the rumor to Esha about the science teacher being covered in blood recently. most likely, someone had gone a little farther than getting on her bad side.

Yuuki blinked. "thirty-five....? well, you certainly have more experience then me, ne?" for a moment, she wondered how much could be learned in that span of time, if you don't have age limits hindering you...

Yuuki had no idea how she would age...according to the scientists at the institute, her aging process had stopped right before she'd left. she wasn't sure if that meant she would never age, or if it was simply paused for the time being.
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Esha Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:03 pm

She smiled "I've survived worse" She assured the girl, not understanding the full possible meaning of what she was saying. Worse being ballet school to Esha and other unsavory things. The stone girl had made a few enemies but most of them were dead, all she had to do was stay on her toes and not get caught and most would die of old age or move on.

When the girl loked shocked she blushed slightly, so embarrarred. Maybe she thought that she was old and would treat her different;y. Some people were like that, if someone was older then they got respect for no apparent reason. She wanted to be equal, not superior to anyone. That's was when she was growing up...Oh no, I'm officially old! Was 1 century old? She wondered.

On the bright side it was now acceptable to walk around and wave her cane at 'whippersnappers', whatever they were.

"I wouldn't say so, I only play it once in a blue moon, I had to sell my sitar in favour of light packing a few years ago." She said brightly.

Esha

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:05 pm

"I hope for your sake you're right," Yuuki replied, pushing the feather in her hair out of her eyes.
Seeing Esha's embarrassed, yuuki hoped she hadn't said something to offend the girl. she had maybe a split second to decide to watch her tongue more before Esha made the comment about selling the sitar.

"That's really too bad--my friends and I used to make substitute instruments using our elements. it wasn't as good as the real thing, but we could play our favorite music that way. but i just had to come down here to play a normal one for the first time in so long..."

ah, so much for watching her tongue...look, there it goes, running away without you again...

Esha had said that she'd abandoned it for lighter packing--most likely, she had been on the move a lot, like yuuki herself. she really did need to be more careful--who would want to think about something like that again?

((gah, so late -.-))
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Esha Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:23 pm

"Oh, me too!" She said earnestly. She'd dealt with horrible teachers before...The supernatural type? Nope. The school type? Nope. She would just have to see how things went.

"Elements? Is that like controlling them?" That would be quite cool, controlling something other than her own body. Likely it would have a drawback though, if there was any fairness in the world. Turning to stone was a great defense mechanism it also made her stronger, more durable which couldn't hurt. "I kinda have one of those, but it's limited in uses and I got it with massive drawbacks."

So what was hers, air? water? She thought stone counted as an element. But wasn't very well versed in elements and manipulation.

(Sorry for the shortness)

Esha

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:28 pm

"yeah, i ended up with quite a few drawbacks too...especially in the process of gaining them. and there are drawbacks now, as well....for instance, i can't stay out in the sun too long, and i get dehydrated a lot faster than most people. so how is yours limited?"

again, she may have been overstepping her boundaries here, but she couldn't deny her curiosity...at least, not while she spoke without thinking.

he mind just happened to take a turn to the drawbacks, then. she couldn't even see her family anymore...at least, not for now. she may have found a solution for that, but it was a tad shaky. yuuki looked down at the violin again, sliding her fingers along the strings
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Esha Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:33 pm

She wondered how to word her losses without sounding pathetic or so it didn't sound like a sob story. "I lost my sight and immune system, outlasted my whole family line and I was trapped as a statue for 6 decades." She kept her story friendly, but didn't put any particular emotion into it such as sadness or resentment. The immune system sounded like a small sacrifice but being bed bound by a common cold for a week wasn't pleasant. She usually turned to a statue until her immune system recovered, hours days or (hopefully not) -months.

She kept the fact that she didn't heal quickly, because it wasn't relevant and it wasn't a very well known fact, Esha wanted it kept that way. She was agile and could dodge things, if not turn to stone and deflect but if she were harmed in human form then it wouldn't end well, another few years as a statue? No thank you, she thought. If her enemies found out that fact she'd be up to her neck, after all she had been called 'un harmable' on several occasions because of her ability.

Gain? as in not born with? Esha was interested in how that happened. Maybe she would get more insight into what actually happened, that is- if they both got theirs the same way."Sorry if this is too personal. How did you gain your powers?" She asked curiously.

Esha

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:58 pm

yuuki blinked. trapped as a statue for so long...she wasn't sure if she could stand it. (Terri certainly wouldnt' hold up for so long without moving). Yuuki, too, had lost her family, though in a different way.

Yuuki paused at Esha's question, chewing her bottom lip for a moment, deciding whether or not to answer. still, Esha had given her a personal piece of her history (despite the lack of emotion, she knew through common sense that it was a very personal bit of information). Yuuki figured she should reciprocate. her wings twitched lightly in thought.

"some scientists decided to mess with an old tradition...they should have left well enough alone."

she frowned in thought. she had been the most screwed up out of four.
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Esha Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:17 pm

"I was involved with a genie's deal without my permission or knowledge, I was given the downside and someone else was given the upside" She looked her in the eye, although without pupils it wasn't noticeable, and there for she couldn't get people to trust her. The eyes were the window to the soul some said...Well...

Her frown indicated to Esha that the topic got a bit dark for Yukki's liking.

"If we didn't have weaknesses then we would be above humanity" She offered, quickly realizing how they could be misinterpreted "Well, the rest of humanity if you know what I mean." She was explaining this horribly. If anything supernaturals were often treated lower than humanity, or higher- no middle ground and it was like she was saying that they were below -highly hypocritical of her because she used to be human

"If people had super natural talents and no drawbacks then there would be a horrible imbalance of power" She finally decided, Rubbing her sleeve in embarrassment over her sometimes horrible way with words. It just sounded so wrong when she said it, the complete opposite of what she mean.

Esha

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:31 pm

"A genie's deal..." Yuuki repeated quietly, her mind wandering for a moment. it always seemed to be done without a person's knowledge or permission, didn't it? and in some cases, it wasn't until things got seriously weird that anyone explained what the heck was going on.

Esha's embarrassment caught her slightly off guard, and she gave a little nod of reassurance. "Yes, I suppose that makes the most sense. though the unfairness of being put into the situation in the first place still sucks." her lip twitched in amusement. she never used phrases like that. ah well, sometimes they were needed. her fingers twitched lightly around the wood of the violin--she had almost forgotten that she was still holding it.
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Esha Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:04 pm

At yuuki's confusion she explained it. "Genie's deals in stories are a warning that if something is too good too be true...Well it's the same in real life" Demons, after 300 years of life their sense of humor was a bit weird.

"Yeah, father wanted immortality with enhanced senses for my brother" -and not me, she thought bitterly. What finished the story though she was glad and not glad to have received the short straw- "His immortality was going to be being a statue forever. But the deal split so my brother was everlasting and I got all the drawbacks and was a statue, I was blind too" She said, tuning her hand to pure stone and gesturing to it, just so she didn't seem crazy.

Having said enough for now she gauged the girl's response, When most people heard genie they would assume a vain prince or princess and that they had it coming because of vanity which wasn't her at all (at the time anyway) She hadn't heard of experimenter but even if she had she wouldn't have believed them anyway.

Esha

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Mon May 07, 2012 9:40 pm

"how did the deal split?" Yuuki asked, curious. it sounded unintentional. and there was another statement that strengthened her curiosity as well. "'was'?" her head cocked to the side. Esha seemed to be able to see just fine--well, to Yuuki, that is. and there was the fact of the past-tense...so what changed? the turning of esha's hand into stone interested her as well; she'd never seen anyone else with an ability like that. watching the hand, Yuuki started to lower her body temperature until it was a bit below freezing, and her skin started to frost over, along with her hair. she'd turned parts of her body to water before, and although she'd encased limbs in ice on multiple occassions to fight, she'd never thought of actually turning her body to ice. it was an odd thought, and Yuuki doubted she could pull it off, anyway.

"That must make your skin a lot stronger, neh?" she asked, her own skin still frosty.

((i'm ssoooo sorry. i forgot to reply to this. ah!! *hits self* bad yuuki! -.-))
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Esha Mon May 28, 2012 3:52 pm

"Oh I have no idea. I have a fried researching it but finding 3 ancient demons is like needles in haystacks" They kept themselves well hidden and weren't found when they didn't want to be. "Something like 3 deals being made messed all 3 up" She shook her head in disbelief at the whole thing. Now repeat -If you play with fire, you're gonna get burned.

"The messed up deals meant that other's got the enhanced senses and mine got got taken away. and this happened" she pointed to her eye. "But I can still see- just in the infrared spectrum...like heat signatures and things" Esha frowned at it, she knew how it worked with heat absorption retention but never knew how to explain. The amount of heat something drew meant it was a certain color, the amount that it lost however quickly indicated the density. Still meant she couldn't read, watch tv or look in the mirror.

As yukki began to fade into the background she wanted to say that that she couldn't see but after she got cold enough she was visible again. It was the temperatures between hot and cold that took her sight.

Turning her whole body to stone she said "Yeah, it does" She didn't want to make herself appear too powerful "After 40 year I still can't throw a punch though" She laughed at that, making it a joke

Esha

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Mon May 28, 2012 5:34 pm

"i don't think one demon would be very easy to find, let alone three." Ketsuta had always remained well-hidden, but then again one of her greatest skills was to keep her hoard safe, and her hatchlings, if she'd ever been able to have them in the first place. still, most creatures like that were pretty good at hiding in general, it seemed.

"Heat signatures? that could come in pretty handy--but it probably sucks in some situations, too. remind me to always stay colder than room temperature around you so that you can see me--I usually can't stay warmer than room temperature than too long, so most of the time I stay either the same, or colder than the air around me. but then this happens a lot." she pointed to her skin, which looked even paler now that she was so cold. in fact, it was getting close to taking on an actual bluish tint, like she'd been in the snow for too long.

it was then that she realized that esha couldn't see the color of her skin, and she laughed nervously.

"well, what i mean is, my skin gets really pale--i get some weird looks for that."

she regarded Esha's stone skin with an impressed expression. it was a pretty wild thing, really. yuuki had never seen anyone turn their whole body into another substance while staying so stable. which brought on another question.

"Is your ability hard to turn on and off? i mean...do you have any issues with keeping the transition stable?"
Maybe she could learn something from this girl.
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Esha Mon May 28, 2012 10:07 pm

"I know, they constantly shift shape and country- when looking for 1 individual in a whole country you find it's a big world" The person tracking them had definitely found that out. So far he'd found one in India, quite close to home. The next was in Russia, The last was a true unknown- somewhere in the western hemisphere.

"Oh. and not because it's blue..."Realization dawned on her, Yuuki thought she saw in monotone. Well, she saw in heat and her brain translated it into into color her but.."Oh! have you ever heard about heat absorption of color? Say- black draws heat, white repels. Each color absorbs different amounts of heat..I'm making no sense.." She just knew what color things were after large amounts of trial and error, she knew what she was talking about but none else seemed to understand that explanation.

"yeah, on and off now. It took ages to perfect it. Hungry? turn to stone. Nervous? turn to stone Still for too long? turn to stone. Embarrassing and not useful in social situations with humans when I couldn't control it- It wasn't stable for quite a few years." Only going out in the dead of night was annoying to say the least, constantly shifting between forms was a pain.

"Why do you ask?" She realized after a beat that sounded a bit interrogative, "What can you change into?" she asked a bit more softly

Esha

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:27 pm

Yuuki frowned, looking down for a moment to finger the strings of the violin in her hands. she hadn't shown people this--well, except when she healed. but that wasn't the full story of it.

"I...don't have it under control. I can't do it with my whole body, and using it can get a little hectic sometimes..."

she looked down at the hand not holding the instrument, and slowly, it began to turn to water. the transition extended all the way up to her shoulder before stopping, and it was obvious from Yuuki's almost pained expression that it wasn't about to go any further. still, her hand and arm still looked like...well, like a limb.
she'd never tried to make the limb change shape per-say, but she figured she knew what would happen. it would be the same feeling as when she used the water to protect herself.

sure, this form didn't take damage like her human one did. if someone were to stab Yuuki right now, she could turn her arm back into flesh afterwards, and there would be little to no damage. the catch? it would hurt like heck. Yuuki got the feeling that trying to reform her arm would feel a bit like sticking the limb in a shredder.

YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next