The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

A Day at the Beach--Two water manipulators meet

2 posters

Go down

A Day at the Beach--Two water manipulators meet Empty A Day at the Beach--Two water manipulators meet

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Yuuki had finally gotten around to hanging out on the beach--something she hadn't done since last summer. though, admittedly, the water wasn't as warm as most would hope for, but she hardly even noticed. in fact, it felt nice--a benefit of having a low body temperature, she supposed.

yuuki had frozen a small amount of water to create a surfboard, and was using it to careen up and down the beach, pushing herself along the shore with her water manipulation. the sting of the surf was comforting, and the wind kicked up from the movement made her feel like she was flying again. her white wings shifted against her back, opening slightly to help her bank around sharp corners.

it was while she was banking in this manner that she happened across an oddity: a slight updraft pocket in the air in front of her. Yuuki let out a slight yelp as her partially extended wings caught the freak air current, and she was thrown up into the air, then out into the water. she managed to gather the water up closer to her in order to soften her fall, but her actions didn't keep her from hitting in a very ungraceful manner, joined by a loud splash.

Yuuki surfaced with a slightly less happy expression on her face, her wings trailing in the water behind her.
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 154.94cm

http://yuukihyouketsu.deviantart.com/gallery/31934824#/d4fymmp

Back to top Go down

A Day at the Beach--Two water manipulators meet Empty Re: A Day at the Beach--Two water manipulators meet

Post  Lacrima Ash'l Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Ash'l had left her shoes on the beach and now stood barefoot with the water reaching to her knees. Her eyes were closed in concentration and her right arm was held in front of her with the palm facing upwards. Circling around her were two what would at first glance seem like glass orbs, but, in fact, were completely of water. One was completely transparent and about a six inches in diameter. The other was a translucent red and half the size of the first.

Her eyes slowly opened and widened in obvious delight when both orbs maintained their shape. She lowered her arm and just watched the two orbs spin around her. She saw a sudden movement in the water out of the corner of her eye. At first she didn’t see what it was. Then it moved again, and she saw that it was a small fish, blue-green with a silvery shimmer whenever it caught the sunlight.

Her training forgotten, for that was what she was doing, she stared at the “pretty little fishy”. Soon her left hand beside her was making rhythmic back and forth motions to match the fish’s movements. After a while, she decided that she was ready and raised her arm with a sudden motion, closing her fingers in a fist.

“YES!” She shouted, when another orb of water rose, this time, with a very much disoriented fish in it. Then suddenly, without warning, it just leapt out of the orb and splashed into that water, swimmingly a good speed away. Without thinking, Ash’l ran after it, splashing clumsily around, before finally orienting the current to boost her forward. She didn’t even remember that the two said orbs were still orbiting her. She half ran and was half carried after the fish until she realized she was a good way off from where she had started, and hearing a splash and another voice, that she wasn’t alone.

(I'm sorry it's late DX I was supposed to get it out much earlier, but it got longer and longer...)

Lacrima Ash'l

Height : 165.1 cm
Weight : 46 kg

http://adventwinter.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Character-Sheet-Lacr

Back to top Go down

A Day at the Beach--Two water manipulators meet Empty Re: A Day at the Beach--Two water manipulators meet

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Pushing her hair out of her face, she spotted another figure in the water. what really caught her eye, however, was that she seemed to be manipulating the water around her. Yuuki blinked in surprise before starting to swim towards the other girl, using several strong strokes to reach her.

"hello?" she asked hesitantly, coming up behind Ash. what on earth was she doing?

Yuuki attempted to pull her wings a bit more out of the water, as their water-logged weight was slowing her down. after a moment, she gave up and pulled the water out of her wings instead, holding the mass of water just above her hands, and then letting it fall back into the ocean.

((yeah, and mine is short. figures XD they'll get longer later, i promise))
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Lacrima Ash'l Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:18 am

Ashel spun around, more from reflex than actual surprise. And then she stared at her. "Hello," she answered.

Temporarily forgetting about the fish, she stared at the girl's wings as she pulled water from them and smiled at the girl and asked, "Are you an angel too?"

She wondered why the girl seemed to keep glancing at her distractedly. Then she suddenly remembered that the water she had manipulated was still maintaining its course circling around her. She raised her left arm to her waist, and let it drop to her side. At that moment, the orbs of water too fell back into the water, the red one soon returning to its natural colour as well.

Lacrima Ash'l

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:45 am

"Angel?" Yuuki repeated curiously. she glanced back at her wings floating in the water. that was the second time that someone had wondered if she was an angel.
"No, i'm not an angel--but i'm guessing by what you said that you are?" there had been a couple of angels through the school, now. however, unlike the others, this girl seemed to have abilities like her own. of course, she and this girl weren't the only water manipulators here, but the fact that she was also an angel made yuuki curious.

"I didn't know that angels could manipulate water," she added, turning her head to one side. she could feel a slight ache in her neck from the movement--most likely caused by her earlier lack of grace--but she ignored it for the most part
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Lacrima Ash'l Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:21 am

Ashel was disappointed to hear that the other girl was not actually an angel, "Is that so.." But she quickly perked up when asked if she was. "As a matter of fact, I am."

Ashel was mildly, but pleasantly, surprised that the girl seemed to believe her. Of course it was only right to be believed because she was telling the truth, but still... Perhaps the girl had met other Angels, or even Demons, on this island. "I don't suppose you know other angels in this Academy? Or maybe Demons?"

"Well," she said in response to the girl's statement. "Different Angels have different abilities. Mine happen to be water manipulation."

(Sorry my reply is late =(( School is in the way. My replies from here on will probably be slow too DX)

Lacrima Ash'l

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:35 pm

"well, i did know one angel at the school, but she seems to have left. as for demons, well...you would be surprised."

there were a ridiculous number of different types of demons, really--Ketsuta had been one of them, before she'd left.
she gave a little nod to the girl's answer. yes, there were so many different kinds of demons here with different abilities, so it made sense that angels would have different abilities as well.

"how long have you been working on your water manipulation?" it was a bit of an off the wall question, but yuuki was curious about the experience the girl had. the orbs themselves hadn't been a huge thing, but the fact that they were different colors were certainly interesting to Yuuki. she'd never seen anything like that before--though she herself had solidified water to make it look like different shades of blue, it had never actually changed colors.
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Lacrima Ash'l Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:53 am

Ashel didn't like the sound of that at all. What were they thinking, sending her, a young angel out here on her own... She had to risk sounding stupid and ask,"Are any of them particularly... violent?"

At the other girl's question, Ashel cocked her head to the side, thinking. "I've been doing it as long as I can remember... Oh wait, I was maybe five when I first learned how to do it. The people I lived with practiced their abilities a lot, so I learned by watching and getting tips from other older Angels, even those that had different elements."

Returning to the present, she studied the girl curiously. "Why do you ask? Are you a water manipulator, too?"

Lacrima Ash'l

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:56 pm

were any of them violent? well, there was Leon...there was always leon. he'd never gone against her, but then again, she wasn't an angel. however, this girl was--and yet, he'd thrown his neck out to save Rachael.

yeah, but he also knew Rachael.

Yuuki sighed and brushed her hair out of her face.

"look, most of the demons here are...half demons, you know? or something that could be categorized that way. most of them are nice people...i mean, you get a few people that can be a little aggressive when back into a corner, but that goes for quite a large sum of the people here. a few others though, have a kind of split persona going on...and from what i know, a lot of them have that cleared up--" including me... she gave a little frown "--but honestly, the people at this school aren't going to attack you, if that's what you're asking."

she'd never had to give anyone that kind of run-down of the academy before, and it felt weird. basically it was like any other place, where tensions could run high if you ran your mouth in a way you weren't supposed to; the only difference was that the people here had extra abilities. Yuuki gave in and shot the girl a small smile, a friendliness sliding out from under the informative and sometimes detached frontier.
"This place really isn't bad at all: it's got problems just like any other school. but if you ever need...help with anything, don't hesitate to ask." Yuuki had been at the academy for a little over a year now, and while that didn't make her an expert, she had friends to stick up for her, and she knew enough to help people out. she could at least try to help out this girl the way Jami did for her.

Yuuki nodded to the other girl's question, and raised her hand a little. some water from the ocean followed, and gently circled her wrist and fingers in a slow, rhythmic kind of way.
"not for as long as you," she replied, "but yeah--hydrokinesis, my roommate called it."

((weeee, long reply ^^))

Last edited by YuukiHyouketsu on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Lacrima Ash'l Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:16 am

The other girl sighed. Somehow, Ashel didn't find that a reason for optimism. But when the she explained it that way, it made sense. But nice Demons? Ashel didn't know. If they existed, she had never met them. Then again she hadn't met a lot of Demons either. In fact she hadn't met any at all before. She had only heard warnings and stories from the older Angels.

However this girl seemed nice. "Thanks," Ashel meant it. She was glad she had met this girl.

Ashel looked on interestedly as the other girl effortlessly drew water with her hand. Impressed and unable to resist, she asked, "How do you do you make it looks so easy? I mean I can play with water as easily, but for some reason, the hardest part for me is to draw it out, or to separate a small amount from the rest."

(Yay!)
(lol Yuuki said "Don't bother to ask"? Can I assume that that is a typo? XD)

Lacrima Ash'l

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:42 am

Yuuki blinked and looked down at the water. she'd never really thought about drawing it out before.

"I...honestly don't know. i never really thought about it. i guess i just focus on the size of the water, height and width wise, and then i pull until i get the length that i wanted, and i "hang on" to what i want and "drop" what i don't. i'm not really sure how else to explain it..maybe it's about focusing on the feel of the water?"

jeeze, the way she'd just explained it made her feel awful--she didn't want it to sound like it was meant to be some simple thing. different people had different strengths, after all! she really just needed to keep her mouth shut, didn't she.

Yuuki sighed. "i'm sorry, that probably wasn't very helpful. i don't think i'm very good at explaining things."

((whoops--it was supposed to say "don't hesitate to ask". i'll go fix that haha))
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Lacrima Ash'l Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:07 am

Ashel listened interestedly to the other girl's explanation. Focusing on what she wanted and what she didn't want? She nodded, that seemed to make sense. She chuckled, "Don't apologize. I think I understood what you were saying. Kind of... Well most of it anyway."

As if to demonstrate, Ashel slowly dipped her hand into the water, until it reached her wrist. She closed her eyes and allowed her mind to flow into the water. Sensing it. Feeling it. Being part of it. When she thought she was ready, she drew her hand up and an orb of water followed, enclosing her hand.

"Hey it worked!" Ashel exclaimed, her delight clearly expressed in her voice and expression. The orb separated from her hand and floated above their heads. Ashel twirled her finger, and the orb of water quickly dropped down to the level of Ashel's waist and began a regular orbit around her.

Lacrima Ash'l

Back to top Go down

Post  YuukiHyouketsu Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:31 am

Yuuki smiled at the girl's excitement.
"I supposed I'm not an quite so awful of a teacher, then." She watched the orbit wordlessly for a moment--it gave her a training idea for later--before she spoke again.

"My name is Yuuki, by the way." She pulled up some water, and it began circling her wrist. Yuuki's skin seemed to turn paler than earlier--almost blue-tinted--as her body temperature dropped for a moment. The watery circle frozen around her wrist, like a bracelet. She had so many questions that she want to ask Ashel, but she kept quite. While questions could lead to learning, they could also lead to Ashel asking Yuuki questions in return, and the white-haired girl didn't feel all too keen on being asked questions. She'd been much more open than usually since she'd joined the academy but....

She pushed her thoughts away, determined to stay in the present.

(blechy reply, sorry >.>)
YuukiHyouketsu
YuukiHyouketsu
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Lacrima Ash'l Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:41 am

Ashel giggled. Maybe this place wasn't so bad after all. “I’m Ashel.”

She let the water around her plop back where it came from and watched in wonder as Yuuki easily pulled up some water and played with it, turning it into some sort of icy bangle? She was so engrossed that she hadn’t noticed that the other girl had literally turned quite blue!

Ashel blinked several times in surprise, certain her eyes were playing tricks on her. Her mouth opened in an o-shape, and before she could stop herself, blurting out, “Wha--!”

(So epic-ly late =(( And it's short too. Sorry ><)

Lacrima Ash'l

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down