The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

To Meet a Vampire (Blake and Richard)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

To Meet a Vampire (Blake and Richard)  Empty To Meet a Vampire (Blake and Richard)

Post  Blake Eston Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Having coming back and now just wanting to enjoy some alone time, Blake found that the study was a quiet and well preserved place to rest ones mind in peace. Though he had brought along some paper work. Not only was a vacation had in New York but also some new information on his main targets. With folder in hand the ever so dedicated Blake Eston took no time in finding a well lit area by candle light and taking a seat to look over his findings. Placing the thick folder on the table he grinned at it as he flipped the first page. There were some pictures as well as some witness interviews he had done with the random people of the New York. Some of these matched right on while others.....well lets just say they wanted to be apart of something but had no clue of the situations. Taking all the disapointing papers he tossed them on the floor, making sure to attend to the mess later. He just couldn't clutter the table which was officially his work place.

Some time had passed as he found that more of his findings were on the floor than in the small pile on his desk. A sighed escaped the m-female and he couldn't help but feel at a loss once again. Why had so many people lied about such a thing, or even just make up lies to just grab some attention. To Blake this was a serious matter, heck they had killed his parents and left his with nothing but a smile and a wave good-bye. Over the years his main goal was to find them and to kill them with his bare hands. He knew his bare hands wouldn't work though especially after that night in the hotel where sadly enough he was over powered and taken. Shaking off the past Blake focused back on his papers.

Time ticked by and Blake couldn't help but slink down in his chair and cover his face with his hands, "Ugh....I'll never get anywhere with how this is going.......I could use some coffee....." Looking at the pile of pathetic papers he just sighed and closed the file before him and glared at the papers on the ground. "Ugh.....I saaaaaaiiiiiiidddd I would get these......buuuuuuutttt...." Closing his eyes to ignore the mess Blake leaned his head back in the chair and attempted to recharge what he could with the whole i'm just resting my eyes bit. The day wasn't going well and he just wanted it to end or for something to come along and cheer him up, perhaps with a bottle of wine in hand?.....No drinking would be bad especially after trying to stop after so long. Would only glass hurt so badly though? He shrugged and figured it couldn't hurt, so later he would have a glass and probably pass out wasted to wake up the next morning not wanting to see the sun.

Blake had been so wrapped up in his work that he had not noticed if anyone else was in the room. Funny how a man so alert of his surroundings could just not care in the slightest when alone in a dark room only lit by the candle light in his corner.
Blake Eston
Blake Eston
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

To Meet a Vampire (Blake and Richard)  Empty Re: To Meet a Vampire (Blake and Richard)

Post  Richard Wallace Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:34 am

Guilty pleasures.

That was pretty much his plan for tonight, and he followed it closely - perhaps with not enough guilt, but really... he deserved some off-time, too. He was nestled comfortably in one of the soft couches in the studies, having chosen a rather dimly lit place as his vampire eyes saw well in the dark. The bottle of sickeningly sweet banana schnapps was halfway-done, just like the book he was reading - Heathcliff had just returned to Wuthering Heights with his new money and attitude. Richard knew what would happen next, of course, having read the book a few times already. The island had precious few sources of entertainment, though, being sorely lacking in both TV and internet, and Owen had hogged the PSP for a bit too long to be fair, so reading a novel he knew he liked wasn't the worst way to kill some time. The only viable alternative was finding some student to talk with, but honestly, even he grew tired of their angst sometimes.

The footsteps approaching through the corridor sounded off, somehow, not exactly male but too heavy to be a woman. The counselor glanced towards the door, dearly hoping the study wasn't where the person was headed, but sadly his hopes were crushed as a fairly tall lady marched in. Luckily she did not seem to notice the room wasn't unoccupied. Richard hesitated for a moment, but in the end decided not to greet her - clearly she had work to do, and he did not much feel like conversation, anyway. Plus, it entertained him in some way to remain stealthy like that, timing the turning of the pages with the moments she ruffled through her own papers. He had a habit of pretending to breathe but didn't need to - and so, when he consciously stopped it, he could sit there making almost no sound at all.

A few hours had passed and he was reaching the end of the book. Unfortunately, he was also beginning to lose interest. He wasn't much for reading anymore... and just as if on cue, the woman's voice broke the silence of the study. Pale blue eyes turned to observe her from the dark corner as his lips twitched with amusement. Talking to one's self was the first sign of losing it, they said... Who was she, anyway? He was pretty sure he had tediously memorized every member of the student body, and he did not recall her being a teacher either. A new addition?

It required investigation.

"Well, I certainly hope you don't expect me to clean up after you." he said, his voice jokingly chastising.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Height : 183 cm
Weight : 87 kg

http://roqi.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Richard-Wallace-278528217

Back to top Go down

To Meet a Vampire (Blake and Richard)  Empty Re: To Meet a Vampire (Blake and Richard)

Post  Blake Eston Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:53 am

Time seemed to tick by so slowly when one was upset about something or even was at a stand still in time while trying to figure it out. Why was finding other people so simple and finding this small group so hard? They had hit so many areas yet no one could get anything on them......what a sad that this was indeed. Having his eyes still closed Blake began to lean back in his chair trying to find a relaxing angle though when a sudden voice snapped the silence in two Blake found himself flipping backwards crashing into the book shelf that stood behind him. Sitting there for a moment in a bit of a daze he soon found himself rubbing the back of his sore neck and sitting forward looking about in a frenzy of neck whips. He could have sworn that he had seen no one here in the room, so who could have snuck in? Well none the less Blake had been nose deep in papers that he had lost track of the surrounding around him as well. Tis a shame really.

Standing up and looking about once more he pulled the candle lamp from the wall and slowly scoped the room out with the light it bared. "H-Hello?" He said in his small feminine voice as his shoes made small little clicks as they crossed the room. "Oh come now I'm not good with sur-AH!" Coming into view of a strange man who was seated in a suit nearly threw Blake for a loop. Staring at his cross he just pouted, "How long have you been in here? I swear people creeping up on he all the time....it got someone shot last time......Uh...." Blake had not known what else to say to this male who sat in front of him. It was just interesting how someone like him was sitting so quietly here. He looked like an individual who was some what bored so looked to find interest in activities others would not quiet enjoy. Perhaps like scaring people as well as stalking. Who knows Blake just thought that he was being more imaginable than usual.

Looking the man up and down once more he just kept his arms crossed and foot began to tap as he found himself awaiting an answer from the man before him. Once more this was a feminine action not brought on purpose my Blake himself. It also still seemed none apparent to Blake as to what the man before him really was.
Blake Eston
Blake Eston
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:12 am

Richard flinched slightly as the woman's chair tipped and she fell down. High-strung much? He considered rushing over to help her up, but in the end she seemed to do just fine on her own.

He sipped his drink casually, watching her as she fumbled around trying to find him. It was not really an appropriate way to act... but, well, in a way it was just teaching her a lesson about being more observant of her surroundings, no? It wasn't like he was spying on her on purpose, but somebody else could have been. She should be more careful.

When she finally came up to him, he smiled slightly, raising an eyebrow. "If various people keep sneaking up on you, the common denominator is you. Pay more heed." He shook his head with a small laugh, putting the book aside to get up and greet her properly. "No, I do apologize. I simply did not want to disturb you, you seemed to be busy."

White hair, heterochromia iridis. Those weren't terribly common traits and he was fairly sure that the only person around with both of them was a man. And he could tell that the teacher wasn't just crossdressing, they were actually female now... and perfectly human, too, so it wasn't a case like Shae's. How peculiar.

"Richard Wallace, the school counselor." He offered her a hand and an apologetic smile. "It is a pleasure to meet you. I hope you can forgive me giving you a fright."
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Eston Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:33 am

Blake found the words of Richard a tad bit true and in a sense Blake felt a little embarrassed by the actual reality of it. He supposed that he should have been more observant and well at least Richard wasn't a killer.....well for all he knew he wasn't. With a sigh Blake just smiled and nodded along with Richard, "Ah okay okay I suppose your right. Though I must thank you for not disturbing me while I was working I would have possibly just shoved you out the room at that point. I love to have my work all to myself really." A laugh escaped him in more of a giggle. and he paused hearing himself.

Blake found it a little funny how Richard was so easily joking with terms of math in his total annihilation with lack of attention though. Looking down at the hand that was offered by the man Blake smiled and gripped his hand hard. "Ah now I know your name, that could be a shame to you for the future shall you reveal my embarrassing state of being off guard." A brow rose and a grin grew across his face. "Ah but none the less it's nice to meet you I'm Blake Eston the teacher for Offense and Defense....yes the name does not match I know, but this is a long story in which is just temporary......Don't ever have friends who like to play pranks okay." With that Blake released the mans hand and brought his own back to his side. Dear meeting everyone in this state was a tad bit embarrassing really. "Ah I do fear that at the moment though my state is permanent, till I can figure something out....."

Thinking on what Richard said his position was Blake just smiled and wondered why anyone would want to be a counselor of all these kids, who knows what kinds of issues would pop up here on the island, then again a man who enjoyed his work should keep doing so. Having this in mind Blake just kept his mouth shut about it. " Hmmm so you enjoy books it seems? I enjoy reading myself, but lately its been nothing but paper work. Oh which reminds me...." Quickly turning and walking over to the paper Blake bent over and took his time picking up each piece as he was still faced away from Richard. Trying to get them all stacked nice and neat so they would fit in the trash better Blake finally stood strait and tossed his pile into the can that was not that far from the desk.

He then dusted his hands off and returned to the man, "Sorry, if I had not done it now then i would have never done it. So with you now here at the island must make a lot of the students happy no? What hours do you have your office open anyways?" Blake the ever so nosy man always asked questions on a constant basis it seemed, but hey it was his way of getting what he needed to know and then some about the new people he met.
Blake Eston
Blake Eston
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:24 pm

Richard shook his head slightly as if to say 'it's nothing'. That did make him glad he had not bothered with the greeting earlier, though. While Blake would hardly be able to force him out, he would probably oblige and leave out of politeness, making him seek out another place to hide away at.

As he shook her hand, he put the other to his chest in a jestingly heartfelt gesture. "Your secret shall die with me." The implications that sentence carried, with him being undead, amused him. It never grew old. He brushed that thought aside, though, and listened to the woman's introduction with interest. So... it was the man he was thinking of earlier. A sex change, no doubt caused by some sort of magic or another. He was torn between being curious and a little appalled. That was one cruel prank to pull off to be sure, but...

He gave a light shrug in response to her... his comment about books, throwing the tome a sidelong glance. Not really, he didn't. He'd gleefully set fire to the library for a working TV. Blake didn't really need to know that, though, and he seemed to be distracted anyway, having gone to clean up the papers he had dropped earlier. Maybe Richard would have a look through those later, if only out of empty curiosity... He hummed as he took a sip from the shot glass he was still holding.

"I would hope I have made them happier." He chuckled. "And to be honest with you, it should be open right now. Dusk 'till dawn. I needed a break, though." As much as he cared about the job, being a counselor also meant he could tell when he needed to relax a bit. In the end, everybody would benefit more from him being in the best shape he could be more than if he forced himself to be unhappily glued to his desk.

Quite talkative, Blake was, no...? Perhaps that was good, and it was good to chance upon him. Richard would do well to get to know all of the staff, for various reasons...
"So," he said with a smile. "I do not have any coffee to offer you, but if you're fond of sugary drinks, I may be of service." He gestured towards the bottle of schnapps, which was placed in a champagne bucket standing by the couch Richard previously occupied. By now most of the ice had melted, but the drink was still palatable. Of course.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Eston Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:44 am

Listening to the male Blake found himself paying close attention to anything that was out of the ordinary, but it seemed that was not the case here. Finding the man as normal as possible on the surface Blake just smiled and tilted his head in interest. Hmmm? Seemed Richard had something to drink and Blake's interest peaked more than ever. Alcohol. Oh his sweet release, how he missed it. Seemed like that man had read his mind and though that would have disturbed the male he didn't have the mind to care since it seemed to have floated over to the liquid. Following his mind Blake walked over to the table and picked up the cup in one hand and the bottle in another. "I must say you saved my nerves tonight...." Pouring the liquid into the shot glass and bringing it up to his lips he took in the aroma first then gulped the thing down.

A shiver ran down the males spine and he frowned a little. "Well seems my friend decided to make my female body a light weight...." Fruity as it was the body wasn't liking it, Blake however didn't care and took the body pouring one more glass but finding himself sipping from it. Eventually he would be back to his normal self.....well he hoped that was. Looking up at Richard, Blake sighed a bit. "Yeah we all could use a break to regenerate our worn bodies and souls huh? I suppose my trip to New York was a break, but it was also stressful.....so I'm going to assume it wasn't a true break." He laughed slightly and shook his head. He knew he was a wreak, but hey if he was to be in the city work must be done, and while he was here he had to look at what ever findings he had. Never finding himself far from his work it seemed to act like a poison on his body.

Exhausted half the time, but hiding it well. "Ah I must be boring you with my lame self. I guess the only true interesting you know about me is this darn change of sex! Hey want to play some game? I grabbed a few hand held systems with like a millions charged battery packs." Blake wasn't sure he was into something like that. In fact he looked more like a person of business and all in all seriousness. He was a bit confusing, but every person was like a book. Gotta crack into it to get to know them more it seemed. "I guess I get bored easily, but if you don't want to play games we could do something else. I'm usually up for anything especially anything outside!"

Blake the physical nut and he stick stuck to it even in the form he was in now. That at least he was grateful for.

OOC: sry was busy the past few days! Also sry if this post feels rushed I'm like half asleep posting. Just wanted to make sure you had something to post to <3
Blake Eston
Blake Eston
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:03 pm

The eagerness Blake displayed at the mention of alcohol was... worrying, and the quickness with which he downed the first portion even more so, causing Richard to give him a wide-eyed look. Right... okay.

"Please be careful with this, okay...? It is sweet and girly, I realize, but that can be deceiving." He cleared his throat, already regretting the decision a little - but how was he to know the teacher would be so, erm, enthused about drinking...?

He shrugged to himself, but his interest was perked at the mention of New York, along with some longing springing up somewhere deep within. How he missed the city... how long had it been already? Thirty years at least, and the memories were still too fresh to try going back. Richard sighed, taking a sip, thankful for the distraction that Blake provided. Maybe he should ask about his trip - but it was probably related to the mean prank he fell victim to; and even if not so, he didn't really want to ask. The subject wasn't very pleasant, no matter how one would look at it.

Blake's sheer vigorousness had him leaning away slightly in an entirely subconscious way. He couldn't help but smile wryly at the notion that it was the only thing he knew, though. He knew that the man had a prankster friend, that he had an unhealthy fondness for alcohol, that he worked nights... and that the frantic energy he displayed was either genuine, or that sort of a facade a person pulls up as a last attempt to convince themselves and others that they are fine and can keep going. His bet was on the latter. Richard shook his head slightly.
"I am only starting to get into video games, frankly. How about..." He raised a hand and smiled. "...we sit down, calm down, enjoy the rest of the bottle and have a nice chat? I don't think running around at this hour is such a great idea."
To him, running around was hardly ever a good idea, but that was not the point. Blake seemed like he could use a moment of relax and somebody to talk to - and Richard's purpose there were those cases exactly, no...?

((That's okay, I had a busy week too ^^; Thanks for the thought <3 ))
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Eston Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:11 pm

The liquor in his system had Blake all excited. A bit more than was necessary, but it had tended to get like this a lot. Wanting to just run a round and act a fool he then noticed the look on Richards face. Was that worry? Man he had not seen a look like that since his mother looked at his broken arm and thought the worst on that camping trip. The thought had Blake pause in his actions and just listen close to what Richard had to say and for once it was opposite of what others wanted. He just wanted to sit down and enjoy the night with some light drinking and enjoyment of one another's company. A smile creeped up on Blake's face and he sighed a little. Richard was right, it wasn't the time to run about and act a fool, it was a nice night so why not keep it that way.

"I suppose your right....It would be nice to just enjoy your company. I did just meet you anyways, sorry for seeming so eager and energetic...." Blake said as he bowed a little in an apologetic posture. Looking over at the chair by the table Blake made his way to it with cup still in hand and sat down. Looking up at the male before him Blake didn't know why he so reminded him of his mother and her nature but he did and with that Blake felt like behaving a little more than usual.

Watching the condensation on the outside of his cup trickle down the side Blake just smiled. "Funny how video games can be. So many can be addicted to it, I do enjoy it for occasional fun. I have no time to enjoy it anymore than that though as my research keeps me from the enjoyment of things like that. " He was right about that most of his time was flushing away the frustration of the night with a drink while looking more into his targets. For some reason he never forgot anything about his finding when drunk, but when it came to anything else the booze would wash it away into a night of nothingness. A sigh escaped him as he pushed the cup to the side for the time being, he would return to it later. "So where are you from? No matter where I go there is someone out there that has seen a place I haven't. " Deep down Blake wanted to travel everywhere, but that was another thing on his list that had to wait. He felt he was young though and could do it whenever, but how long would that thought last him?
Blake Eston
Blake Eston
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Seeing Blake slow down and agree to not run out to play dodgeball or whatever it was he had in mind, Richard let out a sigh of relief which turned into a light chuckle. He shook his head. "No, please, don't apologize for being young and full of energy. I find that quite admirable, just not at this hour."

He flicked his wrist to glance at his watch, as if he didn't already know how late it was. They had to keep quiet, if only to respect others' sleep. But dear God, was Blake working late...

The man-turned-woman mentioning having no time for video games made Richard even more curious as to what 'research' could be so important as to deny one's self like that. Something this important wasn't necessarily something Blake would be inclined to talk about with an almost stranger, though, so Richard wasn't about to ask about it. Not yet, anyway. Or perhaps those papers he'd so carelessly dumped into the trash can would provide a better answer...

The counselor smiled warmly as he sipped his drink. "Yes indeed. Video games are fantastic, but sadly, they are a really sneaky time sink as well." He shrugged. "Work comes first, I suppose... as hypocritical as it sounds coming from me, with my habit of sneaking off from my office to enjoy a drink with one lady or another."
The moment he said those words, he sorely regretted them and cringed slightly as he gave Blake an apologetic look. "I'm sorry, I do realize you're not actually a woman, it's just... a reflex, I suppose." He laughed uneasily, looking away. "You can't take two steps in this place without stumbling upon gender confusion, really."

As he cleared his throat, Richard was glad that there was another subject at hand. "I'm just English, I'm afraid. Boring." He smiled jokingly, looking to the teacher again. "I've lived there and there, though. In the past century, mostly the States." He finished off the rest of his drink, then reached for the bottle. "Yourself?"
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Eston Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:08 am

Blake couldn't help but enjoy the company with the man before him. It seemed that he could talk all night with him and not miss the time, and as much as he wanted he found that at some point he would have to bid the man ado. Till that time though he just sat back and relax as he continued to drink from his cup that was so generously offered by Richard. Leaning back in his chair he nearly stumbled backwards in it as the words, "of sneaking off from my office to enjoy a drink with one lady or another." came out to the older males mouth.

Staring at the man for a moment Blake wanted to just hop over the table and knock his lights out, but he stopped himself once he saw that look of apology on the mans face followed by the words. Calming himself be just began to chuckle as he realized that he too may have said the same thing if he was in Richards shoes, and to find out that Richard was a woman chaser. How fun this night was coming to be.

After a short time, Blake found himself leaning forward onto his arm that now supported his head on the table. As Richard came to the end of his explanation of where he came from something caught Blake's attention. Over the century? How old was he again? Had he gotten the age? Before Blake could question the man he was then asked about his own comings.

A smile appeared on his face as he sat up a bit, "Hmmm well I guess most my life was in New York. I was born there and raised with my mother and father in a small house. It wasn't much but.....we were happy." Stopping for a moment Blake just smiled slightly thinking back on the good days. "Ah but that didn't last for too long, after an accident both my parents died and......I had to live with a friend most the rest of my life. I traveled a lot and most of them were to over seas. My main roll, along with my friends was to be an assassin. I decided that I would do my job the best i could, but I guess i messed up along the way.....Sooooo where i am...." Looking down at the flicker of light dancing off the liquid in his cup, Blake grew silent. Swallowing hard as if to clear his throat from a clump keeping him from talking he faked a smile before glancing up at Richard.

"Hey I know its your job, but I don't mean to get so....all over the place with my conversations. Your here to enjoy a cup of liquor....." Feeling like he ruined any good mood that was there, Blake wanted to leave, but for some reason he knew Richard didn't think anything other of him and that he would still enjoy his company.
Blake Eston
Blake Eston
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Richard pretended not to notice Blake's reaction to his slip-up. Such mistakes were best quickly forgotten, and since the other seemed to forgive him in the end, he was more than glad to let it go. This was a man in front of him. He would not forget it again. He really did not want to offend.

As he listened, he opened the bottle of the fizzy drink and refilled his glass, all the while glancing up to Blake from time to time to reassure him that he was paying attention. He let out a sympathetic hum. Dead parents... ah, how sad. It seemed that Blake was coping rather well, all things considered. And still so young... It was interesting, how many people at the school came from broken, or non-existent, families; and not just those who were students, it seemed. He shook his head, leaning forward to place the bottle back in the bucket of watery ice, then sat back up.

"Don't worry about it. I am enjoying my cup still." He smiled, reaching to his side to pat the tome lying next to him on the couch. "Your story is much more riveting than this old book, with which I was almost done, anyway..." He shrugged and took a sip, reveling in the sweet flavor. Many things about the man piqued his interest, making it hard to decide what to ask about first. But, well. The night was still rather young, and surely as the alcohol flowed, talking would grow easier and easier...

"Soo, here you are." he echoed, looking to Blake's face curiously. "What do you think about this place?"
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Eston Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:19 pm

Blake was more than glad that Richard thought his stories were interesting. Then again how often was it that someone came across an assassin, that wasn't trying to kill them? A smile grew across his face as he was finding Richards company more and more enjoyably as the night hours passed. To be honest he had possible turned a frustrating night into a comforting one with his sudden conversations.

As Richard's question came up Blake just looked up slightly to think on his past relations with both the Academy and its students that were within. A smile just creeped upon his face, "Ah well I must say that though most of the people I have come across here are from origins I had only thought were fantasy, I enjoy them all. This place is so interesting, and I came to a realization that even in my own city of New York there are races that match some here." Shaking his head Blake just started to laugh. "Its just sad that I never realized it till now, and in all reality I think my own friends back home didn't know either. I mean all the reports did say "Human" on them...."

Thinking about Muse and how most things passed through his attention he then began to think of why this might make sense. "Ah Muse, you idiot...." Blake said just over a whisper. Looking back at Richard, Blake leaned back popped his next with a slight push with his hand before grabbing the cup and sipping from it. Looking at the candle for a moment his attention shortly went back to Richard and tilted his head. "Not to seem rude or anything, but you seem like a....well I cant' say normal, but I suppose more so than others around here. Are you by chance any sort of race I may not know of?" Blake didn't think Richard was, but he never could know until he really asked could he?

Blake Eston
Blake Eston
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:26 pm

He tilted his head slightly with sudden amusement. Indeed, this whole big world of what seemed like fantasy was hidden right beneath humanity's noses. Always Richard had been part of that world, but only now he was getting to meet others who lived that way as well. It was interesting, surely, and he could hardly even begin to imagine how mind-blowing it would be for a human who was ignorant to it for the most of their existence...
The word 'reports' piqued his interest, but for some reason, he didn't want to ask more, assuming it was related to Blake's work as an assassin. Perhaps it was better not to know too much.

Giving a light nod in agreement, he shrugged, and couldn't help a chuckle. It was pleasant to hear that he seemed normal, even though in comparison to other inhabitants of the castle it wasn't such a challenge.
"I'd say that you would have heard, in all likelihood." he said. "Vampires are rather common in popular culture nowadays."

Casually, Richard took another sip of the sweet alcohol, watching Blake with rather impartial curiosity. Surely he wouldn't be bothered, but there was a chance his reaction would be interesting regardless.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Eston Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:26 am

It seemed Blake had the same mind set as Richard as he thought too harder on the fact of the human race being so neglectfulness to the world around them. As his thought wandered his attention still remained on Richard as the mans face seemed to flow with his words. Though the way he phrased the next thing seemed to catch Blake's attention more than anything else. Staring at Richard for a moment Blake processed his words through his mind as to understand that what he said was truely what he was.

A vampire? Interesting as it was, it still had Blake think on those old stories of them coming in the night to feast upon the living fleshful bodies of the human race. Was is safe to have him here? Or perhaps all those stories were wrong? Looking at the male before him he tilted is head and opened his mouth as if to say something, but stopped to think on his words.

Now tilting his head the other way he smiled, "Well you seem like a good person, so I wont let the strange and dark stories of my human race swerve my opinion of you what so ever. " A laugh escaped him which turned into a girly giggle which ended with a blush and hand covering his mouth. Looking at Richard like a dear in the head light he just shrugged and cleared his thought, "Ah well I suppose that I can now officially inquire you as to what you said before. The one about a century.....how old are you Richard? " The question lingered in the air as Blake was now excited to know his true age, and if he was super old then how much of the world as he truly seen?
Blake Eston
Blake Eston
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:43 pm

The lips parting to speak after the pause had Richard raising his brow slightly with interest, as it seemed that Blake had put quite some thought into the idea. He was, after all, alone in a dark room with a member of a species that hunted exclusively his own kind. He had a right to be uncomfortable, at the very least.

But then the words that came showed Blake's admirable attitude, and Richard gave him a warm smile. How good to know that he seemed trustworthy. Plus, he supposed that popular culture was not just filled with vampires, it was filled with positive portrayals of them, so perhaps more humans would react in a similar way to Blake...? Secretly, Richard suspected that saturating the common mind with images of good vampires was nothing else but the result of a plot of the vampire kind to make themselves more acceptable before taking over the world. But that was something to ponder another time.
The slight... feminine blunder that came afterwards he decided to ignore for the benefit of them both. Richard drank some of the schnapps again, then shrugged lightly. "Ah, yes. I'm four hundred and fifty, give or take a few years." For some reason, he didn't like giving out his exact age, even though he still didn't have the slightest idea as to how could that knowledge be used against him. He chuckled a little. "It seems a lot when spoken out loud, but trust me, it flew right past me."
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Eston Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:43 pm

Blake listened to the man before him and just smiled a bit as he watched his reaction to his answer. He became a little more happy as the conversation made its way to the answer he had awaited for. A little shocked at the answer, Blake just stared for a moment wondering how someone could live so long at all. Perhaps him being around for the students was best? He did live long enough to know most ways that people act as well as how to help someone cope with an issue no?

Smiling gently Blake just sipped at his drink for a moment still with his eyes on Richard. Placing the cup down he sighed a bit, "Ah that must mean I am nothing but a child compared to your age." A chuckle escaped. "Well, then I wonder, were you turned or born the race you are now?" He hoped he wasn't being rude or anything, wondering if it was a sensitive subject or not. "Also...since you have lived so long....have you ever fell in love with someone? I think it would be hard unless they could live as long as you.....Sorry if I'm asking too much."

Looking at his watch it seemed even with the little light that the candle provided he could barely see the time. Over all he didn't care he was enjoying his time with the man and hoped it would just keep going. Glancing back up at Richard he just smiled and listened in on to what he would say.
Blake Eston
Blake Eston
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:46 am

Richard smiled politely and shook his head in response to the first sentence. Having less experience didn't make one a child... though, the following questions and their straightforwardness made him consider that Blake was, indeed, gifted with a childlike, open curiosity, if nothing else. Children always asked that kind of potentially sensitive questions without much consideration. Still, he supposed there was no harm in answering, if carefully. The man had all rights to being interested.

"I was born a human." he said. "And... well..." Richard leaned back in his seat, looking away in thought. "I have wed several times. However, marrying out of love is a rather... recent invention, really. Marriages were more like business deals than unions of kin souls, amongst those that had any money, at least." Peasants had more freedom in choosing their partners than the upper classes, as they had less to worry about; they would stay poor no matter who they married. Funny how life goes, really. Everything carries its privileges, even if they aren't so obvious sometimes.

Regardless, those days were over. And after they were...
"I... guess there was someone, though." he said quietly, looking down to his glass. "Unfortunately, with eternal life in tow, you're bound to eventually grow apart... and that's what happened. Two decades, it lasted." He lifted his gaze to meet the teacher's with an amused smile. "Funnily enough, that was in New York."

Richard shrugged, not wanting to bring on a mood too serious. "Well, allow me to bounce the question back at you, then. With the little you have lived, have you known love, kiddo?" He spoke in a lighthearted, joking tone to make it clear he meant no ill will.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Eston Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:45 pm

Blake leaned in and sipped at his drink as he felt himself listening closely to Richard with much interest of his life. Wondering why he was turned would be something he would bring up later on till then though it was nice to know that even through his life he did have love. Something that though was limited was something he was able to enjoy as well as think to be his soul mate in terms. Sipping at his drink that slowly but surely dwindled to the bottom of the glass he barely noticed when his supply ran out. Looking at the cup for but a moment he ignore the emptiness of it and returned his attention to Richard as the male began to talk about his one love and how it had happened in New York. Though that place was dirty and filled with some rude people, love still spread like wildfire in all its variety.

Sitting up once Richard then turned to smile at him, Blake just smiled back gently. Then the question was then served back to him in return. "Ah you know I once had fallen for a Zebra, those black and white stripes just matched our personality so well." He said in a joking tone as if to show he understood the tone that Richard had along with the question. A laugh escaped him followed by a sigh of relief and happiness. "Hmmmm love......You know I...." Stopping for a moment Blake leaned a bit thinking in on his past as the word love just skipped over and over in his mind. It was like he had forgotten something important....or in this case someone.

Looking up at Richard he just stared as he continued to think. "There was someone...I was young....but I know it was love....There was a feeling I never had before to be honest, but for some reason I feel something went wrong for I can't remember why I don't see that person anymore. " Closing his eyes he just smiled, "She never liked the sun much, and was pale for her lack of going out. However she would go outside if I was there and her smile....so shy and innocent. Her inside emotions though were the opposite. Competitive in every way and more." Opening his eye with the smile still on his face he just glanced up. "She would always beat me to Muse's house and multiple times beat us on the exams.... One day after a class I told her that she was cute and her smile and that blush just made me smile and blush back. " Stopping a frown came across Blake's face as it seemed it slipped away. "Something bad.....happened I think....something." Looking at Richard he sighed a bit.

Not believing he had forgotten something so important was bugging Blake greatly. "Sorry Richard....maybe I just got hit in the head too many times from my job that I perhaps forgotten the answer I had wanted to give you." Looking back down at the empty glass Blake just stared at it and had a faint smile that faded into a blank expression. "Well I guess I can say that I did, but its lost now. I guess for the past few years its been about lust, sad to say." Looking back at the man once more a shrug snuck its way into his motions and he just smiled. Seemed memories were something to be lost easily for him.

((Blake and his many an issue))
Blake Eston
Blake Eston
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:45 pm

His gaze flickered to the man's glass as it was emptied, but he decided that he would first let him finish talking. And as Blake went on, Richard's expression grew more intrigued. There were many reasons why a person's memory could have a significant hole such as this, not the least of which was the brain itself pushing out something traumatic to save itself from pain. But the story just sounded so cute, a truly first love... he had trouble imagining it going so terribly bad as to want to forget it to that degree. Still, it could happen. Especially in an occupation such as being assassins.

There could be another causes though. How very interesting.

He gave him a slight smile. "No worries. I am troubled by the fact that you can't remember rather than the fact that you cannot tell me your story down to the last detail... It's easy to joke about brain damage, but it honestly can happen." Frowning, he shifted in his seat slightly, then stood up to reach for the bottle and refill Blake's glass. The liquid pouring sounded loud in the nighttime silence.

"Still, I guess we're both coping, no?" he finally said with a wry smile. "Alcohol being quite helpful, sometimes." He sat back down, having restored the level in both of their glasses and replaced the bottle in its ice bucket. Taking a small sip, he looked at Blake thoughtfully. "So, this Muse you keep mentioning... Who is he to you?"
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Eston Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:25 pm

Blake smiled gently as he nodded along with what Richard had to say about having brain damage and the fact that his job was what it was it didn't surprise Blake. Looking at the man he watched as he stood and poured some more good stuff into their cups and for some reason the sound of the liquid was indeed satisfying to the ears. Taking the cup in one hand and leaning on the chair with his other he took a drink before setting it back down to return to his position.

The question of Muse then came into play and a smile just sprung on the man's face as he remembered his friend and all the crazy things that they had been together. Looking at Richard he shook his head slightly and sighed. "He's an ass, to be honest. He was actually the person who did this to me." He stated for the fact he was a female now. "Well in all reality though he did this he is my most best friend in the entire world. He had been there for me during all my hard times and was there for all the good ones too."

Leaning forward to grab the cup he returned and drank it once more swallowing it hard to clear up his throat. "I think that if I were to be executed the next day he would take my place.....makes me wonder what his true feeling are in all reality. Seems he has a little more interest in me than I want, but he doesn't push anything which I can respect." It was true Muse, would sometimes greet him in the morning with breakfast and a loving smile on his face. Then there were time when he would ask to sleep over and in the middle of the night he may not have noticed but he would cuddle up to Blake as soon as he was asleep. Blake just let him be since it was impossible to just push him away without having to kick him off the bed.

Blake Eston
Blake Eston
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:21 pm

His gaze wandered over Blake's female form as it was mentioned, and he bit his lip to stifle a chuckle. Right... that sounded suspicious on it own, but what the man said later made it seem even more like it wasn't just a mean, but innocent prank. He sipped on the schnapps slowly. 'Not pushing anything'... seemed questionable from that perspective.

"So, he likes you a lot, and he's the one who turned you into a girl...?" he said, an amused flicker in his eyes. "I assume you visited him when in New York, right? Have you, perhaps, noticed him acting any differently towards you?"

The gentleman within him protested to asking such prying and straightforward questions, but Blake seemed to be the type who wouldn't be offended or mind much at all. The alcohol that had been ingested so far no doubt helping in that matter. Really, there was no tool more invaluable to somebody like Richard.
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Eston Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:17 pm

Blake couldn't help but laugh lightly as he heard what Richard said. Yes it was true that the man may have liked him, but he was a prankster at heart and there was nothing that could stop him really. Looking at Richard he just smiled lightly, "Yes the man is a strange one, I guess he still has that mentality of a child when they like someone. You know the whole I like you but I gotta be mean to you to hide it." Blake just laughed and shook his head.

Taking his cup and taking a sip from it he exhaled and turned to crack his neck. "Well the last time I went to New York I couldn't even get into the building because of my look not matching my id. I think he knew I would kill him once I saw him. Well that is if he can't turn me back." Being in this form for so long was something that he had disliked so much. He felt that his mind set was changing quiet a bit and he didn't want it to go too far for he had not know what else he could possible come across that in his male mind thought was fine but his female mind thought was wrong.

A shrug rolled off his shoulders and he just smiled, "No worries though I'm going to use some of that say "feminine charm" to get into the place. I already have an outfit of one of the workers made in my room just for this. So before long I will be back to normal. A wicked little grin appeared on Blake's face as he just thought about his little plot. Besides I know my teacher has the answer to this because he showed Muse how to make the darn thing."
Blake Eston
Blake Eston
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Wallace Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:44 am

Richard snickered lightly, even though he couldn't quite look at the events from the same angle as Blake. A sex change was quite a big prank to play on someone; he couldn't help but suspect there could be some side effects that were unaccounted for. It wasn't like whatever Muse used on Blake was clinically attested to be harmless.

Pretty admirable of Blake to try and make the most of his current situation, though - the change made him not match his ID, but gave him the powers of feminine wiles... though, how effective he would be at using them remained to be seen. With how straightforward he was, it wasn't a given that he would do well. Well, still, good of him to try.

He nodded. "Well, it seems you know what you're doing. I wish you luck." And he meant it, even if it seemed somewhat of a shame that the woman before him would soon be no more. Now that he thought of it, Blake hadn't mentioned how exactly was the change achieved... was it a sudden switch, or more of a gradual change, like caused by hormones?

"If you don't mind me asking, what was the prank, exactly...? How did he do it?"
Richard Wallace
Richard Wallace
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blake Eston Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:23 pm

Blake stared at Richard for a moment and had his thoughts that the male had doubts on him and his mission, but it did make sense. Blake was one of those people that just couldn't stand acting like a girl for long and the fact of how much he disliked the male with male thought. Either way though if he needed to get close some way just to be changed back then he would do what he needed to. A nod from Blake acknowledged Richard's wishes for him in his trip and being changed back to his male self.

Looking down and finishing his cup Blake then listened to Richard's question and before long he just put his cup back onto the table just to answer him, "Well to be honest he ended up sending me a drink of one of my favorite liquors, Goldsclager. Though with it Muse managed to slip in something and I though perhaps it was some other kind of flavor that was enclosed. Sadly though after drinking it one night I woke the next morning to find myself as a female. " Stopping for a moment he chuckled to himself in remembering how he had reacted. Running about his room like he had lost something dear, but in all reality he truly did. "I remember at the end of the bottle though he wrote a small note and it said that this is what I get for not writing him."

Looking at the bottle that sat in the bucket Blake almost wanted to just grab it and drink strait from it. "To be honest its been a while since I truly drank like this since that incident. I guess I just push most of it away fro a while because it was a part of this factor that changed me. Over all though I think I will always love the drink, sometimes a little too much." Looking up at Richard Blake just smiled and stood looking over to his mess that was spread across the area. Walking over to it he grabbed what he wanted putting it into a pile and took what wasn't needed anymore and placed it into the trash. Picking up the trash he decided to take the bin of papers to burn them else where. He had to get rid of what ever he wasn't using after all.

A smile lingered on Blake's face as he then went to bow his head a bit in thanks to Richard for listening. "I probably shouldn't drink anymore, I gotta head out sometime soon and I need to be able to act a part it seems." He laughed a little once again. He really didn't want to go after having such a nice time with Richard, but he had to at some point else his trip would have to wait another day. Looking to Richard he awaited his goodbyes, but of course he would return to see him in his original form.
Blake Eston
Blake Eston
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next