The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Time to Waste

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Time to Waste Empty Time to Waste

Post  Leon Barner Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:32 pm

After the past few months of relative silence on his part, Leon found he was beginning to get bored. He didn't particularly want to see anyone. Not for the past and not even now really. This, however, was something he wouldn't quite be able to keep up much longer.

He was tired of Lillegard. Of course, he'd been tired of it since before he'd arrived. But after the scars on his face disappeared, he'd noticed something. He looked somehow older. It wasn't by a lot, and he couldn't quite pinpoint the exact change, but he looked somehow older than he had when he'd first come to Lillegard. In different circumstances, he would have been able to just shrug it off, say he still had time. This was the first time, however, in 30+ years that he'd really felt the pressure of time. He didn't have time to waste anymore.

Leon was flying again now, not really having acknowledged place or time of day. There would always be time to fly. He would die flying. He was certain of this, if nothing else.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Height : 5'7'' / 170cm
Weight : 132 lbs / 60kg

http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/gallery/31944486?offset=24#/d4hv

Back to top Go down

Time to Waste Empty Re: Time to Waste

Post  Jami Futter Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:15 pm

Walking, what a horrible idea. Walking was for the flightless. How could they stand the burning of their soles? Walking around school was different than this, it was controlled, full of multiple pitstops. Walking down to the light house was a nonstop ride of uneven terrain, and traction between foot and earth.

Looking around the fairy looked for a place to rest her feet, winding up quite happy to see the light house was only a bit further. Running with her sore feet made no sense but in her mind, the faster she got there the quicker she could sit. Jami plopped down on the ground and leaned her back against the wall.

Slipping off her converse, her bright blue eyes scanned the land and skies. A dark figure was standing out against the grey clouds. "Leon." It hadn't accused to her that she had spoken her thoughts out loud, more that it was slightly tinted with a lining sadness. She hadn't sent the male in months. The bit of sadness turned into an unsurprising curiosity.

The man she could once call her brother was not to far away. Even though there was distance between them at the moment, she felt a wall of negativity. What exactly was the reason he made him hide anyway?
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Height : 154.9
Weight : 43.2

http://ceceme12.deviantart.com/gallery/41270200#/d5qidot

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:23 am

Leon wasn't paying any attention to his surroundings. In fact, for a vast majority of his flight he'd his eyes closed. The sights around the island had gotten old. There was nothing else to see. However the feeling of weather on his skin, his wings and in his hair was something that never got old. Tanner had always thought it was strange, but he enjoyed flying in inclement weather, perhaps even more than he did flying in nice weather.

Of course, he did open his eyes at some points. He'd noticed the person who'd approached the lighthouse however this high up he couldn't identify who it was. Somehow, he didn't feel inclined to lower himself and figure out who it was.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:06 pm

As the boy flew over head Jami glanced at her shoes, who needs them. Summoning her wings she launched herself into the air, wind tickling her bare feet. She flew in a direct path towards the male, trying to pick up her speed. When she thought she was close enough she tried to get a look at him, but things were a bit blurry. "Leon!" she called out so her voice would travel through the air stream. Her tone was concerned, and clear with her light voice.

Unlike the demon in which Leon had encountered Jami wasn't following him out of curiosity alone. Jami actually cared about her old friends.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:46 pm

In his flight, Leon happened to glance back in the general direction of the person who'd come to the lighthouse. He looked to find that wings had grown from the girl's back. Blue wings. Familiar wings. It had been a while since he'd last spoken to Jami. As he tried the exact instance, he felt a pang of anger.

The last time he'd seen Jami it hadn't been Jami. It had been the leach. Who was to say it was still her now? Who was to Petunia hadn't taken complete control already and pushed Jami out of the picture. He'd warned her against letting Petunia get to comfortable. And she hadn't listened.

Once she called his name, though, it was clear that this wasn't the case. Leon couldn't deny the sense of relief at that. He slowed his flight. He hadn't even realized it had quickened. He turned towards the lighthouse, briefly making eye contact with her for a moment. Once he reached it, he'd land on its roof and wait.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:58 am

Seeing the demon fly towards the light house, Jami turned her course back to met up there with him. Looking at his eyes as he flew over she couldn't help but look slightly worried behind her smile. Landing on the roof next to him, Jam let her wings dematerialize. She stood there just staring for a moment before raising her arms slightly, suggesting a hug. She hadn't seen him in forever! "Hey Leon. How have you been?" The concern was obvious in her voice.

Looking at his face, something seemed different, but she couldn't pick it out. He seemed overall healthy for his usual energy flow. A bit tired maybe? Who wasn't tired anymore? Smiling she tired to lift away any awkward silences, "Can you believe that I missed you?" she laughed a bit. Was he still mad at her, or had he not cared and gotten over it? Would he even listen to her when she tired to explain what happened when the demon left her?
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:19 am

Leon chuckled at Jami's request for a hug. Rather than make any motion to comply, though, he simply sat down on the roof of the lighthouse, keeping his wings out to protect against the Fall chill.

"If it was anyone else, I'd say no, but you're weird one, Tiger." In response to her initial question, he shrugged. "I've been better, I guess." Better than when his face had been scarred perhaps, but otherwise not much better, no. The expression on his face likely wasn't all too reassuring either.

"What about you? How goes it with the leech and the kid?" He wanted Jami at least to know that he hadn't simply forgotten about Petunia's escapade. His tone wasn't angry though, just genuinely curious.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Rolling her eyes Jami sat down next to him. Of course no hug, it was unlikely to happen anyway. She laughed a bit to herself at his replies. He was calling her Tiger still? It was nice and casual. It was fine with her, she liked it. His welfare though seemed to be how she expected. She hummed in response, agreeing that things weren't perfect. "I've been pretty good. Things are... in a way easier, and in another more complicated."

She gave a nervous chuckle looking up at him, "She gone. Richard and I made sure of it. It's just me in here now. " She knocked lightly on her head, "I assume the kid is Owen? I guess he is good. He has an old friend he hangs out with now. I can't say if I am fond of the guy or not." Really? Not what she thought at all. Really she was betrayed. Owen had gone and used her. She didn't care right now if he was good or not. She wanted to keep talking, but she knew she couldn't just say everything at once. There was just to much. Be short, general and to the point.

Last edited by Jami Futter on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to update the story line)
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:43 am

A smirk crossed Leon's lips. "Well that sounds complicated enough." He was relieved to hear that the leech was gone anyway. Richard.. "You mean the quack counselor? He's a leech too. Literally and figuratively." Leon chuckled. "But you and Owen are still stuck somewhere between friends and more than friends? I had a talk with him a while ago." He shook his head disappointedly. "I just want him to leave me alone. Stop being a baby. If he does keep annoying me though I think it'd be easier to just kill him." The expression on his face was enough to tell that he wasn't being serious with this.

When Leon tried to imagine Owen's old "friend" the image that came to mind was of your classic no-life has-been whose skin had the pallor of someone who'd never seen the sun, and who's eyes weren't visible past the the thick-lensed glasses that suggested too many years in front of a tv. Probably had the highest score in some miscellaneous video game too. That kid must be Owen's hero. Humorous as the image was, Leon showed no outward expression as he thought about it.

"Don't you ever get tired of this place? Or the people? Owen?" The question seemed to come out of nowhere.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Shaking her head she smiled. Quack? Richard wasn't that crazy. Jami really liked the old guy. She didn't remember hearing about a talk before though. "Yeah, you talked to him?" She sighed, understanding from how Leon was composed he was messing about. What if Leon did kill Owen though, or attempt to. What would she do? Owen was one of her friends, one she liked very much, even through his awkward deviousness. Jami found herself completely agreeing though on Leon's baby comment. Owen did act childish. In fact he was a flat out jerk.

Biting her lip Jami stared out towards the Ocean. "I left before didn't I?" She swung her feet over the edge of the roof, looking back at the Demon. "I was sick of getting hurt, and tired of crap happening. But I am glad I came back, because there isn't much out there I want to do right now, or even find as interesting as the Island. Not to mention I like the people here better, and they like me too... for the most part." Jami chuckled smiling at herself.

Last edited by Jami Futter on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to update the story line)
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Leon shrugged. "I haven't seen him since though. Then again, I haven't seen much of anybody since." That had been the idea, after all. "I don't have a problem with him as long as he doesn't bother me."

His eyebrows furrowed slightly. "That's exactly the problem. There's nothing to do around here. Nothing productive anyway, and I have things at home that need to be done." Leon did nothing to hide the frustration in his voice. The kind of frustration that was actually beginning to get to him.

((Short ^^; ))
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Jami shrugged. It was better that way, avoiding each other. That way she wouldn't have to pick sides, she couldn't pick sides. It seemed Leon had decided to let go of any grudge against her for the moment, which was more than she could have expected. Lucky Jami. the fairy took a deep breath and stretched out a bit. "If that's the case then leave. But is there anything keeping you here? I like your company most of the time. It's fun to fix you up too. Remember the time I helped that scar?" She shook her head, grinning. She still couldn't figure out how she had done it...if only she could try again.

"Don't you have anyone here you enjoy? What would I do with my big brother gone? I have no offensive power anymore. That left with Petunia. I'm a plain old healer now." She laughed a bit more to herself, feeling the missing part of her life. It felt incomplete with out the demon's energy, but she was finding ways to improve her own more to fill up the gap.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:26 pm

Leon didn't particularly want to talk about his reasons having to stay. The more he thought about it the angrier it made him. And Jami's mention of people he enjoyed didn't help either. That's what he hadn't wanted to happen.

He laughed though, ignoring the first question. "Well, it's nice to know that you'll be there to fix me when I'm broken."

"I was thinking about Cass actually." Again, he carefully avoided Jami's actual question. "Not that I think she's having any trouble with Tanner gone, but." He shrugged, let the thought trail off. Jami's mention of offensive power, or lack there-of, reminded him of something and his eyebrows creased slightly as he asked. "What ever happened with that other kid anyway? The one from the dining hall with telekinesis and the stupid face." Henry's name had escaped him. He smirked slightly as he remembered the nature of their last conversation though.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:20 pm

HE didn't answer her...oh well there was always later. She felt her face heat up as he replied to her healing comment. She was a bit flattered that Leon seemed to be fine with the fact she would want to heal him if he was hurt. Leon's sister, Jami remembered talking about her before. Was the little brother really worried about his older sister? Or was it just an excuse to get out of her question? At the mention of 'the other kid, with the stupid face' Jami laughed.

"Oh, Henry? Haven't seen him since. Thank goodness. If I have seem him, it was a quick slighting somewhere, or I can't remember." Being a bit more serious she added, "He doesn't have telekinesis though... He can move and change the form of common metals. Be careful if you run into him on a bad day."

Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:10 pm

That made sense. Henry had been able to move the forks and the knife but he hadn't seen him move anything else. He had been about to comment on how the ability to move metals and only metals seemed to be a relatively useless ability, but then, he had seen Henry take control of Owen's knife and use it as his own weapon. In a pinch like that it could be useful, he supposed.

He shook his head, still smirking. "Nah, he's the one who should be careful not to run into me on a bad day. I'm pretty sure he still thinks I'm planning some elaborate revenge plot. Maybe I can play off that the next time I see him. Scare the crap out of him again." But he wondered.. "What do you mean change metals though? He can change the shape? Not like, changing lead into gold, right?" Henry didn't know about his aversion to gold, but something like that was definitely good to know. Gold was a metal, after all.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:33 am

Jami couldn't help but be amused by Leon's comments. It would be interesting to watch for sure. At his question she shook her head. His weakness was no doubt in the mans mind. "No he can't change the atomic structure only the overall form of the metal like, he can make it change shape and stuff. We actually use to do some work together. Stuff like that cross I made you and we help fix things." Stretching he shoulders Jami took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

The good old days. This was no time to look on the past with longing though. She had moved on enough for her liking.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Leon nodded slightly. "Good." Then the kid wasn't an alchemist. Speaking of crosses, though, he'd have to remember about if he did come across Henry again. It was made of silver, after all. As long as he kept it under his shirt like he normally did, it shouldn't be a problem though.

Actually. It seemed like a relatively useless ability now that he thought it over. As long as there was no gold in the area he didn't have much to worry about. No doubt if it were his own ability he'd find some way to make good use of it. He kept that in mind, guessing that Henry had about 17 years experience with it. Which really, 17 years was nothing compared to his 50+. And then his 50+ was nothing compared to Cass' 100+. There would always be someone with more experience.

"So!" Leon stood suddenly, offering a hand to help Jami up. "Feel like doing something?" The smirk on his face was best described as mischievous.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:29 pm

Oh that look, "Of course!" She grinned back feeling excited. What the heck were they going to get up to this time? Stroking her wings between her fingers Jami started standing up for a flight. Her best guess was a visit to the cove,. A thought lingered in her mind though. "If we are going to the main land we need to be careful, like specials ops or espionage. Apparently some locals have disappeared and they are getting suspicious." Stretching out her shoulders Jami fluttered her wings and started to hover.

It would be a good flight for sure, but the locals acting as they were might start looking up. "Are you okay to fly in the clouds? We shouldn't be seen flying in."
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:38 am

Leon gave a light chuckle at Jami's excitement. She knew what he'd had in mind, not that it would have been altogether difficult to wager a guess at it. The deeper plan wasn't quite as obvious though. Hopefully this visit to Sindir's Cove wouldn't be a flop like the last one. He'd been stood up.

"Well that'll just make it more exciting then. Anyway, I don't blame them for being suspicious. I can name a few people at this school who could easily be responsible for all that. Not just students either."

It was an obvious suggestion to fly in the clouds, but Leon couldn't help but be reminded of Tanner and his constant dead-or-bleeding warnings. Well, it looked like the old man had been rendered a hypocrite now. Not that he'd particularly followed it even before the hypocrisy came to light. "What would be the fun in that?"

Leon dropped off the edge of the lighthouse, falling several meters before allowing his wings to stop his rapid descent. Despite his words, he quickly proceed to ascend. It was rather cloudy today, but it was also midday and late fall in Scotland. The clouds may have been capable of providing Jami with good cover, but his own dark wings no doubt continued to stand out against the backdrop. Well, there wasn't much he could do about that. Oh well.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Jami shook her head. He shouldn't be to reckless. It was nice to have fun, but not if it put you in danger, Jami would still fly high up by the clouds. She was a bit surprised though he knew of the local issue in more detail. A staff member was involved? She felt weary but knew things would most likely work in the end. "I know your an adult but your still stupid sometimes," she said it playfully but with enough concern to show she was worried about going.

Jami dropped off after him and started flying towards mainland.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:38 am

Leon shrugged. "I'm just saying there's a reason why people like them are afraid of people like us. I, for one, don't blame them, and they're probably better off denying our existence and staying in their own, boring and ordinary worlds. That way they don't both me with they're sign-of-the-cross, the savior, the messiah, the holy spirit.. whatever." The words were combined with a series of hand gestures meant to somehow represent the overall stupidity of human belief systems.

He chuckled and looked up towards Jami with a smirk. "But then again, maybe I wouldn't look so bad standing next to Thumbelina. Or do you prefer Tinker Bell?"
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:36 pm

Jami raised her eyes brows. She guessed it was annoying to have those people shove a religious symbol at you, when it does nothing. or maybe it was just their idea's that Leon didn't like...or both. Jami never really had such a problem. She could look like some pinky girl and nobody would take to much notice she was different. Her hair was the only strange part of her.

Looking down at Leon she shook her head with a smile. Sounding slightly amused she replied, "I think Thumbelina is to nice for me to be her. Tinkerbells more tough like me. Short tempers and all." Jami ended up laughing at herself and looked back ahead of her. "Are you going to call me that now? Or am I still Tiger?"
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:46 pm

Leon nodded at Jami's assessment. He guessed Tinkerbell was about as tough as one could expect from a 6-inch, mute fairy who lived solely off the belief of small children and left a trail of pixie dust wherever she flew. Whatever.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Nah, if I called you that it would as an insult. I like Tiger better. Besides, I think you're tougher than just about any Disney character." Leon positioned himself so he was flying directly beneath. He flew here for a few moments before beginning to rise up towards her slightly. He continued to do this until he was almost dangerously close then, faked a hard flap, which actually resulted in him dropping away from Jami rather than bumping up into her. He would then bring himself around to a position lower and to the right of Jami and fly as though it hadn't even happened.
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:30 pm

The fairy couldn't help but laugh. "Heck yeah I am. I would be the coolest Princess ever." The silence after was getting to Jami. Her thoughts strayed to the other day with Owen and Esteban. Leon's moves went totally unnoticed, and Jami started drifting behind, consumed in her thoughts. She wanted to tell Leon about it, and tell him he should help her somehow, but she didn't want Leon to say he had told her so. Looking at him she started to catch up again.

"I was wondering if you could help me out with something. I want to make someone feel...I guess the word is jealous. " She gave a little smile, but it was obvious it was one backed by a devilish plan. Spinning her body around to fly on her back Jami out her arms behind her head and kicked her legs up and down slightly to keep momentum. "In case your wondering the benefit for you in helping me. It would be to make a little boy face reality. That jerk of a boy needs someone to make him grow up by now." That was probably the only part of the plan Jami had that was supposed to help Owen. The part of her that still cared, the part she had pushed aside, had snuck it in. Owen growing up by himself seemed impossible and helping him grow up would help him later in life. Maybe...
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Barner Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:21 pm

Leon looked over his should after noticing that Jami was falling behind. She did seem to have something one her mind. It hadn't gone completely unnoticed. He was just about to slow down when she began to catch up again.

Leon's eyebrows raised at her proposition. His coming smirk would emulate the malice in Jami's smile. "Really? And does that jerk of a boy have a name that begins with an Ow and ends with a trainwreck?" He maintained eye contact with Jami as she turned to fly backside-down. It was a child's game, but he didn't need to have any direct benefit from it to agree. He'd already written Owen off a lost cause, but it seemed Jami was finally realizing this for herself and making a move to get away from it. "Because, yeah, I'd say its about time for that. What did you have in mind? And why? What'd he do this time?"
Leon Barner
Leon Barner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next