The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Dreams [Jami & Sheloe]

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dreams [Jami & Sheloe] Empty Dreams [Jami & Sheloe]

Post  Sheloe Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:10 pm

The castle was just so... huge. She just hadn't expected the scale of it. Maybe it seemed that way partly because it was occupied by far less people than it was designed to -- Sheloe was sure that if one really wanted to, they could avoid stumbling upon another living being for weeks -- but the fact remained that the corridors were wide enough to fly in without any issues.

And the quarters... oh, the quarters. After being shown where the previous physician lived and being left alone, Sheloe stood for a good moment in the center of the room, wringing out her hands. It was way too big for her! With all of her earthly possessions fitting in a small bag, she wouldn't fill a closet, never mind a room such as this. It was humbling. And perhaps that was the purpose.

Similarly to how the soft, warm bed's purpose was to test her resolution to get out of it the next morning. After a lot of groaning into a pillow, eventually she had to slink out from underneath the covers, frowning both with unhappiness and determination as she shivered slightly from the cold. Duties awaited; she still hadn't taken a look around the infirmary itself.

She took a brief tour around the office and the rooms apparently used for surgery, but what she needed to find was the supplies storage. Since the absence of a physician, they could be depleted, and while she was going to use her lord's blessing to heal, some injuries and ailments were not to be helped through divine means. Such was his will.

The baboon flew up to the door handle and turned it, then after passing through the door landed on the floor again. A much bigger room this time. Sheloe hummed, walking forward slowly as she scanned the surroundings. Well, well. Again, she was impressed with the spaciousness. This place was big enough to take in war casualties... Lightly, she jumped onto one of the beds -- just to have a better view of the room, really -- then sat down for a breather.

After half a minute, she was asleep, a pile of dirty brown fur slumped on the soft covers. Body shape almost unrecognizable with her wings folded over her, her dark gray lips curling back with every snoring breath and revealing huge canines. Her limbs twitched occasionally as, in her dreams, she ran and flew and fought.
Sheloe
Sheloe

Height : 46 cm (1' 6'') at the shoulders on all fours; around 90 cm (2' 11'') when she stands up; wingspan of around 170 cm (5' 6'')
Weight : 16 kg (35 lbs)

http://roqi.deviantart.com/art/AALC-Sheloe-375074505

Back to top Go down

Dreams [Jami & Sheloe] Empty Re: Dreams [Jami & Sheloe]

Post  Jami Futter Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:00 pm

The day was one with good weather for once on the Island. At least for the moment it was. Flying about and wasting time, Jami tried to really enjoy herself; like, really and truly enjoy herself. There was nothing like soaring over the Castle and down to the beach singing the latest classical song she had listened to at full volume. Yes it was a good day, absolutely amazing...until the thoughts she was trying to distract herself from popped back up.

With a bit of frustration, and the appearance of clouds the fairy flew lower to the ground before landing and walking in to the castle through the front doors. Not wishing to stay grounded long, she was soon flying up the stairways and through the corridors towards one of her most favorite places. At the Infirmary door Jami leaned against the door and took deep breathe before deciding if she should go in or not right now. No... sitting around would do her no good, she should go outside again or clean up her side of her room. There was always a feeling Jami got that her stuff was getting to far into Zoya's space.

She opened the door. Maybe she could get a few things an then make her way to her room, while trying still not to think about Owen. There is was again, whoops. Walking straight to the bathroom Jami slammed the door, completely missing the fact someone was in the room, let alone sleeping. Turning the faucet quickly for cold water Jami splashed her face. It was no use though. Water wasn't going to take away the thoughts. With a loud groan Jami forcefully smashed her head into the door. "AAAAH!" Too forcefully.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Height : 154.9
Weight : 43.2

http://ceceme12.deviantart.com/gallery/41270200#/d5qidot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:51 pm

The canopy of leaves overhead was so high and so thick, she could see neither it or the sky. There was no real light, everything was just cast in a dull green glow. The tree trunks were straight as pillars and densely scattered; she had to jump left and right to dodge them as she ran. The baying of hounds surrounded her. Some of the dogs were to be ran from, the others to be chased, that she knew, but she could tell one from the other only by the direction they seemed to be running. If only her wings weren't refusing to carry her, if only...

And then, one of the dogs appeared, as if out of nowhere, in front of her. It didn't look much like a dog at all. It had a long muzzle and dead eyes, and the rest of it seemed to be fading into the misty air... Sheloe stopped and stood there staring, the dog staring back. Suddenly, it tilted its head, and a noise much like something hitting wood could be heard--

And then a scream pierced her ears.

Sheloe jumped up, fur standing on its ends, arms shooting up into the air and wings spreading as she let out a loud shriek. For a moment, she had no idea where on Earth she was and what she was doing -- this was not a forest, and it was not where she spent the last night, so where--? Alarmed, she glanced around the room, and slowly the memories came back to her - but the source of the noise remained a mystery. Maybe it was just part of the dream...
Sheloe
Sheloe

Height : 46 cm (1' 6'') at the shoulders on all fours; around 90 cm (2' 11'') when she stands up; wingspan of around 170 cm (5' 6'')

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Her eyes and hands glowed as the fairy's body reacted to the impact. The girl's body had started healing itself when she was very young, so she never had to even think about having to heal herself, it was an automatic response. While it was useful, there were instances that it didn't work, like when her magic was low and such. Today though it was working fine. Finally able to focus Jami opened the door, finding she no longer needed to be in the bathroom. What she saw when she left though surprised her.

"Uhm..." Quickly fixing her possibly messed up hair she tried to make herself look a bit more decent. "Hello. My name is Jami. I don't think we have met, how can I help you?" Why else would there be a fly monkey in the infirmary... A flying Monkey in the infirmary. Did it even speak English. Oh gosh, should she call for some help, or get Rendaz to remove it? But then what if it was an intellectual being and was supposed to be here.

Too many questions. Trying not to looked to startled Jami watched it carefully. If it was wild it could be dangerous...if not then she didn't want to appear rude... A nervous smile appeared on the fairy's face.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:29 pm

The noise of a door opening drew Sheloe's attention to a girl appearing through it. Come to think of it, that might have been the direction the earlier thunk came from. Mystery solved. Seeing her fixing up her hair, Sheloe couldn't help but run a hand through her head-fur too. Not like it made a difference. He brow furrowed when the girl addressed her so politely. It... wasn't a reaction she got often, so while it confused her a little in this context, it was pleasant.

She stood up, then took a deep bow. "Allow me to introduce myself, my names are Sheloe Yalana Chizoba al-Keah, it is a delight to meet you Jami, yes. Your offer of help is all too kind, and very appreciated, but I must refuse -- I am not in need of assistance right now." She paused and looked around the place, then her sharp and curious gaze returned to the girl. "Well, there is one thing that you may help me with, I suppose, and that is by saying what you're doing here." She smiled, careful to not show teeth. "Maybe it is I that can help you."
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:42 am

Wow, what a name. Not in need of Assistance, maybe Sheloe was just looking around then? "What I am doing here? I'm sorry, you must have just arrived here." Jami observed the Baboon, and got some chills from the stare it was giving her. "I am the Student Nurse. I am here because I usually am in here keeping things tidy and clean and waiting around in case anyone comes in." Which was not often... Jami returned the smile but then realized she was at a loss of what to do next.

Why was Sheloe here? A new Staff member possibly, but Jami didn't remember hearing anything about one. then again she hadn't really been paying too much attention to who was entering the castle. She was probably missing out on so many new students too. How would she ever get the medical forms filled in!
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:08 pm

Sheloe blinked and shifted in place a little insecurely at the first words, but immediately brightened up at the latter. With a flap of her wings, she jumped from the bed she was on to the next, closer to the girl. "A nurse!" she exclaimed. "How phenomenal! And how observant of you, yes, you're a bright one, young'n!" She sat up, clasping her hands together in marvel. "Indeed I did arrive not so long ago, just yesterday, in fact. I have not been able to get my ins and outs about the place yet, just a night of restful sleep, he be praised, soo..." She bounced a little out of eagerness. "Care to show me? Perhaps you can aid me after all!"

She stared at Jami intently, all enthusiasm and good faith.
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:18 am

The baboon woman at least didn't seem so hostile any more, but she was sure enthusiastic. "So, sorry, I might have missed it. What has brought you to the Infirmary, just looking around?" Did Sheloe want Jami to show her where everything was. That didn't seem too hard. The frustrations from earlier were barely lingering in the fairy's thoughts anymore, replaced by the confusion she had over this baboon person that had suddenly appeared.

Moving over to the cabinets Jami opened a few displaying their contents. Everything was organized by item. Some things you could see in one of the cabinets where groupings of small medicines that had similar purposes, separated from those were some of Od's left over mixtures with uses unknown to Jami. "Uhm these are some of the things I had separated out, so I wouldn't mix anything up."
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:56 pm

She shook her head energetically. "No, no, your ears missed nothing of the sort of an answer to that question... Too keen for that, no?" With a wink, she hopped off the cot lightly, she walked across the floor to join the girl by the cabinets. "I was named the new... doctor, they would call it, or medic, or physician. They are decent words, I suppose..." She trailed off, not really identifying with the role, doubting she ever would. The duties were still hers to bear, of course, and so the names would be adapted with them. The whole matter was just kind of amusing.

With a quick flap of her wings, she took to the air, and passed along the cabinets, sharp orange eyes scanning the bottles and boxes contained within. It wasn't perfect, and she could see that some things would need being stocked up on, but for a student nurse being the only ward, it was kept up well. "Great, great work, Jami. Sorted impeccably." She closed in on one of the shelves to inspect something. "Hm, wouldn't have... expected this... but, no difference." she said, shoving the medicine back in place and turning around to face the girl. "So tell me, what's your experiences treating this varied throng of souls?"
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:41 pm

Named the new... Jami wasn't sure if this was the best news ever or if she felt like she was being demoted. Either way she was filling with energy. This meant so much. This would mean less time towards worrying about other students and sticking her schedule to the infirmary, it meant she would have nothing to do, or occupy her time... There were pro's and con's to every situation.

At the praise Jami did smile though. "Thank you. Feel free to rearrange it though to your needs. But.." She pointed to Od's medicines, "Those are the old doctor's remedies, and I would try not to touch them. I don't know what they do. They could contain poison or something." Jami had no clue. Now her experience? ... Not good. "Ugh, we did have an incident a few months ago with a building collapse. I stayed around while they pulled everyone out, but I think the most damage I dealt with was broken bones. Other than that, just some quick cuts and bruises..." And a dying Cheetah boy.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:03 pm

Sheloe listened, all the while hovering in front of the shelves and examining what they held. There was a lot of things, though some were still missing, but that could be fixed. She looked up to the ceiling, as if expecting it to fall the moment the possibility was acknowledged, but there was no fear in her eyes. It was an old castle, she supposed. It could well kill all those who found shelter within its walls. Somehow, she didn't think it would happen.

She moved to fuss around with the bottles that the other physician had left. "Yes, other doctors' things best not to be messed, very wise. You did good job. I should want you to still help me, if you would." She gave her a questioning glance, but did not doubt the girl would not want to leave the infirmary with how well she had taken care of it. Maybe she would not want to work under a monkey, though; Sheloe would hold no grudge for it. "Best not to keep the salves, either... Could be threat. I shall see them disposed. Is there herb garden?"
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:40 pm

Jami noticed the look towards the ceiling and looked up there herself, not really ever had any concern for the structure in the infirmary. The fairy was a little nervous as Sheloe moved around Od's medicines, but knew it was silly, she wasn't even opening them. "Oh I would love to. It is surely my calling since I was born with healing magic. I honestly would not know what to do with my time otherwise." There was another pro, Jami could still help out with the healing, but she wouldn't need to worry bout being in charge.

Hear ears tuned in again to the monkey's voice as she continued to talk about the medicines. Jami didn't care if she threw it away, just if she opened them. The idea of air contamination made her shiver a little. "We have a garden, but I haven't been for a long time. I'm sure there are some medicinal plants in there. I do have to say I find home made remedies very useful sometimes." Herbs were really good for soft skin...
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:04 am

She raised her eyebrows, pleasantly surprised. Healing magic? Her calling? Oh, they would be great friends, she thought, but kept the thought to herself. She turned away from the cabinets. "Is that so? I shall have to see to it, too. I will want some herbs sown more, I have seeds. Good plants. It may be cold here Scotland for them, though..." She tapped her chin. "Good there is a lot of room inside. We grow them here, yes."

With a decisive nod, she flew away from the storages to land on one of the cots and gave Jami a smile as she patted the mattress beside. "Now, come, girl, if we to work together, we must know of each other. Come and tell me of you, of what lights your heart and what darkens your soul. Tell me what your dreams are. I shall tell you things in return."
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:30 pm

"Oh yes, growing them indoors might be a lot easier." The weather was probably way to cold to grow anything too special here. Seeing Sheloe fly to a cot, Jami summoned her wings and followed having them disappear in their glittery glory as she sat down next to the Baboon. Getting to know each other. Well that seemed like a pretty good idea. Jami was curious about the flying monkey nurse.

The way Sheloe spoke though made Jami feel like she had hidden meanings, which made her feel the need to be a little cautious. "I like to help people, food, drinks. Flying on a good day where the weather is perfect. Having free time to fill with hobbies." Well, she would have plenty of time to fill now for sure.

"I am not fond of people who are more stubborn than I am. I don't like being wrong, or people who hurt my friends." It was weird talking about herself, because it never seemed like she could think of everything when she was asked to. There was surely more, and probably things she disliked a lot more than what she had shared, but she couldn't bring herself to think of it.

"My dreams..." Jami looked down to her feet. "I don't have any right now."
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:22 pm

The girl... was not human. Sheloe blinked at the wings, and when they disappeared in a cloud of sparkles, she blinked again and scratched her head. But she said nothing, finding it was not her place to comment. Truly, the world was a marvelous place.

For somebody who talked as much as her, Sheloe was a good listener. As a priest, she had to be; as a small, nigh defenseless animal who needed every advantage they could get to survive in a hostile world, even more so. The answers that Jami had given weren't particularly groundbreaking - who liked being wrong? - but the last thing she said made Sheloe give a sad smile and shake her head slightly.

"Everybody has dreams. Some just forget them more easier than others." Scrunching her hand into a fist, she held it to her heart. "I keep mine tight, the hopeless as well as those that will happen."

She idly swung her legs off the edge of the bed, looking at the ugliness of her feet. "So what would you ask of me?"
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Jami noticed Sheloe's reaction as the wings disappeared, and it made her smile. Jami liked that she could basically fit in to the human world when she needed to, but her hair was out of place. Maybe human's thought it was a wig, or that she was one of those strange teenagers with colored hair, but it still surely made them question her in some way.

"Well, I do have something that I wish I could change about myself, would that count as a dream?" Ask of her... could Sheloe grant wishes? Had that been the double meaning Jami felt when first asked the questions? Getting her hopes up though would do her no good. "What are some of your dreams?" Sheloe definitely seemed to be a strong believer of what ever she thought, and maybe that was a good thing. Jami felt though that too much of something though could lead to more unpleasant, unwanted things.

Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:03 pm

Sheloe side-eyed her curiously. "Yes?" she encouraged. What people perceived as their flaws was always interesting, and often could provide a lot of insight, but Sheloe didn't want to pry. Jami seemed to be an open sort of a person, though.

Her wings shifted slightly, resting against her back in a more comfortable position. "I often dream of darkness. It is warm and cozy, mother's womb darkness, or cold, like winter night. Either welcomes me. I dream of dogs too, for a dog will be my end." She looked up to Jami for a moment, then gave an amused smile. "In English a sleep-dream and a want-dream are the same word."
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:25 pm

"A few years ago, I was trying to help someone." Jami's heart rate increased, she barely told anyone about this... she couldn't. "After... my hair turned grey. It was not always this way. When I tried to fix it back with my magic, it just turned silver and shiny." That was one way of putting it.

Jami's eyes widened as she realized that she had misunderstood. "Oh goodness, I'm sorry." It made her feel slightly more pathetic. "I have plenty of sleep dreams." While she was slightly intimidating, Jami did find Sheloe to be calming in a way. Jami wanted to tell Sheloe about things. The silver hair feel in to her face and she calmly moved it away behind her ears. It was much easier to put out of her ace now it was longer and not layered so much.

"I dream of demons, and my home. Most of those dreams are twisted memories. I also dream about my friends, but those are much nicer most of the time."
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Sheloe chuckled a little, waving a hand dismissively. "Is okay, is not misunderstanding, just amusing. Joke thing. Words are vague..." And when one knew a few languages, they did tend to become even more muddled up, with similar sounds having completely different meanings... Being able to find it amusing was important. In general, a sense of humor was an important shield against the world's relentless attacks of all sorts.

She pondered over what Jami had said for a moment, all the while looking at the hair the girl spoke of. It looked nice, she thought. Truly silver.

"So, is the what you would change about yourself the hair, which is shiny good, or the past? Because hair dyes exist, but colors of the past cannot be changed..."  She tilted her head, staring up at her inquisitively. "Is your past of demons? Nothing good is of demons."
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:38 pm

The hair or the past... good question. She hadn't really thought about that honestly, another surprise. "I guess if the past changed, then my hair wouldn't be like this, so the past then." Hair dye. That was funny. Colors of the past... Jami wasn't sure if Sheloe made sense, but she seemed to be , wise, yes that was the word.

"I had past troubles with a singular demon." Well, the one she had most history with. Her father's demon wasn't something she could have dealt with, and then there was Leon's kind of demon. "She's safely away now through. Somewhere she can't get out."
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:27 am

That made sense, she supposed, but... Slowly, Sheloe stood up and reached with one hand to touch one of the silver strands, running her fingers delicately over it. "Your hair and your past makes you you, though." she mumbled. "Who knows what you would you be without them...?"

With a sigh, she sat back down, tucking her wings in close. Everybody was what they were -- even if they didn't fully like it, the alternatives could always be worse. Being a baboon wasn't half bad compared to, for instance, a rat...

Sheloe nodded. "Good. Only good demon is demon far away." She hummed. "Even my lord don't take to them easily... Did you have her exorcised?"
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:21 pm

That was part of the point though. If her past had been different she would be too, Jami never said she completely liked being the person she was now. Then again, thinking of herself being any different than she was was hard to grasp. "Yes I did." It hadn't felt very pleasant either.

"So, could you tell me some more about you? I am a fairy, and I can see you are pretty special too. Were you born with wings?" Jami had seen loads of monkey's in zoo's before, sitting around lazily, or eating fruits, but non ever had wings. It surely was something magical that made her have them. Unless she was an experiment, or maybe there was a place where flying monkey's were common, and Jami just hadn't known about it. IT made her think of the movie, The Wizard of Oz..
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Sheloe nodded, pleased. Demons were important and needed to exist too, of course, but she was happy for the nice girl. For the nice fairy. She'd always been under the impression fairies were small... not that she'd given fairies much thought at all. Perhaps it was simply a different species of a fairy; the world really was infinite in its variety.

She swung her legs a bit, smiling up at her. "Yes indeed I were born winged, a wink of a god. I assume it was... quite the experience for my poor mother. And she did not abandon me as a wee babe, bless her heart..." She hummed. "The other baboons did not find my six limbs as okay, so then I had to leave. Been around in places and countries. And now my path leads me here." Her gaze traveled over the infirmary. "Not half bad, I tell you. Do you find it so?"
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Jami only nodded at Sheloe's story. Everyone here seemed to have had some difficulty i their pasts, then again it was probably why they were all here in the first place.  "It's home for now. Old and a bit unstable, but it works. I live in the dorm buildings with the other students, and they were recently rebuilt, so at least I'm not afraid of the ceiling coming in on me in my sleep. "

The Island was beautiful as well, which was another plus. "Flying around here is very pleasant. The winds can be used to your advantage, and if you are out on a sunny day, it doesn't get too hot." A lot of the places she had been in America didn't do very well for flying. The north was humid and the south was dry and hot. Scotland and England were nice. Of course she'd like them though, being a bit biased.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheloe Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:47 am

"Home. That is lovely." Sheloe smiled, but couldn't help another glance to the ceiling as the possibility of it falling was mentioned again. Castles didn't just... collapse in on themselves. She had a feeling it was more than just the tooth of time that nibbled at its support beams.

With a chuckle, she pried her gaze away from the wood above and wrapped her wings tightly around herself. "I would very much take hot, thank you. I would not weep if I did not see snow ever again." Home. Hot temperatures made her feel like home, but home wasn't Africa... Home for her would be her lord's lands, which she would not yet see for years. She hoped they were very hot. Actually, she was fairly sure they were.

She sighed. "But yes, flying here is well, though winds from the ocean do seem to insist on you taking a refreshing bath in its waters."
Sheloe
Sheloe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next