The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

Are the Lights Out? -- Theater

2 posters

Go down

Are the Lights Out? -- Theater Empty Are the Lights Out? -- Theater

Post  Chayne Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:01 pm

(( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ))

Chayne opened the door to the theater and was immediately excited at how dark it was. He could see everything all the way up to the stage where a large set was currently still up. This room was huge too. Not quite as large as the library, but still huge.

Chayne looked behind him to see if Aisling was still there. His tail slithered through the door after just before he closed it again.

(eww short DX)
Chayne
Chayne

Height : 5'6'' / 168cm
Weight : 134lbs / 61kg

http://ameanjenn.deviantart.com/gallery/31944486#/d4ms9cd

Back to top Go down

Are the Lights Out? -- Theater Empty Re: Are the Lights Out? -- Theater

Post  AislingGhost Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:33 pm

Aisling glided through the door and instantly headed for the huge expanse that was the theater's stage. every thing was large and dark, and covered in shades like dark red velvet. the curtains, of course, but also the theater seats.

"this place is awesome!" she yelped out gleefully, still on the stage. "well worth the walk, i would say."
she glanced around the stage. "i wonder if the school has ever done any productions before? that would be interesting."
AislingGhost
AislingGhost
Retired Character
Retired Character

Height : 160
Weight : NA

http://yuukihyouketsu.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=48#/d4my8wy

Back to top Go down

Post  Chayne Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Chayne followed Aisling to the stage, having to go around to one and climb the stairs since he wasn't capable of simply floating up to it. Chayne made a mental note not come up on to the stage in the light. The old set was still up, and no doubt in his clumsiness he'd up falling right off the side of the stage and crushing his wings or tail under him.

Chayne nodded, agreeing with Aisling. "It looks like they might have. There's still an old set here. I wonder what kind of play it was." Chayne was familiar with the name Shakespeare. Needless to say, however, he'd never read any of the man's works.
Chayne
Chayne

Back to top Go down

Post  AislingGhost Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:22 am

Aisling drifted around, inspecting the set--there were even more backstage, along with props. "sheesh, it looks like they're prepared for anything back here! i wonder how you would get into being in one of these plays...?"

there were a few things that Aisling could name: a tower that could be used for a number of plays, swords, a skull (Hamlet perhaps?); and was that a glass slipper over there??

aisling floated over to the skull, and stood behind it while motioning her hands in a dramatic way (she would have tried to hold it, if it weren't for the fact that it would easily break if dropped)

"'To be, or not to be--that is the question! whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take up arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them!"

maybe she'd had to read or memorize Shakespeare's hamlet at some point in her life? she wasn't sure how she knew those lines.

((yea, i actually have lines from Hamlet memorized.....yes, i'm a dork ^^'))
AislingGhost
AislingGhost
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Chayne Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:57 pm

Chayne followed Aisling to the backstage area, finding it was even easier for him to see back here. "Maybe they have some kind of drama group here?"

Chayne perked up as Aisling began to recite the lines. He quickly rushed over to Aisling's side. Picking up the fragile skull, he placed his hand in coincidence with Aisling's so it appeared as though they were both holding it at the same time. He smiled a bit, then became fascinated by their two skin tones. It seemed Aisling's skin had some pinkish tone to it, where his actually to be more gray. Was he literally pale as a ghost? Well, he supposed the should be expected considering he spent no time in the sun. He had no pigment.

Once Aisling finished the quote, Chayne laughed and gently placed the skull back where he'd found it. "What's that from?"
Chayne
Chayne

Back to top Go down

Post  AislingGhost Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:50 pm

Aisling grinned at the way that Chayne held the skull up to her hand.

"it's Shakespeare's 'Hamlet'. It's by a writer from a long time ago, but I think it's kind of cool. It has to do with revenge, and is written in a play format, so the version i read includes stage directions."

Aisling floated over to the little table with the slipper on top of it, her fingers seeming to brush past it, though in reality they passed just over it. "Cinderella..."

she drifted over to the tower. "and this looks like it may have been used for Rapunsel."

wow, a mixture of very different classics: from Shakespeare to fairy tales. the place really did have everything.

"i really do hope this place has a drama club. it would be interesting to have plays with the cast of characters that we have at this school. less special-effects needed." a little giggle escaped her lips at the thought.
AislingGhost
AislingGhost
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Chayne Wed May 09, 2012 11:36 am

Hamlet.. No, he'd never heard the title. He was glad to hear the familiar name "Shakespeare", though the man didn't have a good reputation among his people. Anybody who wrote anything other than nonfiction didn't, really. Umbra were just too factual.

Chayne smiled as Aisling listed more play-style stories. Cinderella, Rapunzel. He walked over over to the slipper and tried to imagine what sort of story could go with it. He wouldn't even bother with the tower. He couldn't even imagine what such a structure could be used for conventially, nevermind any kind of fictuous story to go along with it. "What are those about?" He asked, having given up on trying to figure it out himself.

"Maybe you should ask. I think that'd be interesting, anyway. Fiction plays performed by people that actually have special abilities." Truthfully, Chayne couldn't imagine how humans managed to perform fiction publically. How would they have shown the dragon from his favorite story?
Chayne
Chayne

Back to top Go down

Post  AislingGhost Wed May 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Aisling grinned.

"Cinderalla is about a girl who's father dies, and she's forced to cook and clean for her step mother and step sisters. but her fairy godmother appears and gives her a beautiful gown with her magic so that Cinderalla can go to the ball." she gave a little nod to the slipper. "on the stroke of twelve, the spell began to fall apart, so she ran off, leaving that slipper behind, and the prince she danced with at the ball fell so deeply in love with her that he used the shoe to search for her."

the ghost girl gave a wry smile at the fairy tale--often times, she wished that things like that happened in real life.

"Rapunzel is about a girl with extraordinarily long hair that is often said to be magic in her stories. she's locked away in a tower, and a prince comes searching for her, and actually climbs up her hair to save her. there are so many different versions of that one, and they aren't as consistent as the Cinderella story. being as most fairy tales are passed on by word of mouth, i guess that shouldn't be too surprising."

her mind wandered, wondering who to talk to about a drama club. the music teacher, professor Denskith, would be the most logical choice.
AislingGhost
AislingGhost
Retired Character
Retired Character

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down