The Alliance at Lillegard Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Disturbing Silence [Ambrose + Shae]
by Ambrose Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:35 am

» Plant Music [Risko and Hunter]
by Risiko Bann Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

» Trying to fly [open]
by Cynric Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 am

» New Room means new Roommate (Shae and Zin)
by Shae-Lantern Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 am

» Happy as a flower. (Corey and Alicia)
by Corey Passionbunny Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:58 am

» Little Song [Denskith + Richard]
by Denskith Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 am

» A stroll through the mountains... (Audi and Gen)
by Genivir Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:39 am

» Books and Boredom (Shae and Sheloe)
by Shae-Lantern Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 am

» A Short Day (open)
by Risiko Bann Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am

» Humble Hoodoo and Adamant Alchemist
by Natan Isaac Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:07 am

Top posting users this week
No user

A Quick Visit

2 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A Quick Visit - Page 3 Empty Re: A Quick Visit

Post  Owen Mueller Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:42 pm

He grinned at her response, a sort of pride swelling within him. Oh, he was so good... Except when she finished off her sentence, he struggled to maintain his smile. It was like someone had draped a warm blanket over his face, the effect was immediate. The memory still embarrassed him so...

Digging into his steak again, he retrieved another piece, sticking it in his mouth again. He was starting to realise just how uncomfortable it was to eat, thanks to his deformed jaw. It was lopsided and messy, the two sides just didn't seem to be working together. The saying 'don't chew with your mouth open' was redundant here - Owen didn't have any choice but to do so. In effect, the whole thing looked rather sloppy.

He also found his mouth becoming pretty dry - that tended to happen when his mouth was open 24/7. He gestured a wave to Jami after swallowing. "Pass me a drink," he grunted.

His eyes went towards the sketchbook again, giving it a hinting look. "You might wanna turn the page over."
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Height : 165cm
Weight : 90kg

http://luppa.deviantart.com/art/Owen-AALC-273363096

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Jami noticed Owen was having trouble chewing. It was a shame. But he wouldn't let her help. Her cheeks were still pink and she continued to eat. At the sound of his voice Jami looked up. Drink. She reached over to the wine bottle and opened it before handing it over to Owen.

"You drew more?" She flipped the page and saw quite a few doodles. they were interesting because they had nothing to do with each other. So that was what boys thought about. She raised an eye brow at it and observed his dinosaurs.

"What are your favorite dinosaurs? Mine are Brachiosaurus." A thought went through her mind, wondering if Owen remembered how much she loved lizards.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Height : 154.9
Weight : 43.2

http://ceceme12.deviantart.com/gallery/41270200#/d5qidot

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Taking the bottle, he gave it an odd glance before sniffing it. "Wine?" He looked up to Jami, giving her a questioning glance. "They let you take this stuff?" Or she could've stolen it from their supplies, but he wasn't about to raise that idea.

Wine wasn't exactly his preferred beverage, in fact, his favourite might've been something along the lines of cola (which the academy severely lacked in). But he wasn't about to complain, heck, this was the closest he'd ever come to fine dining. He tipped it upwards and drank as gracefully as he could manage... which really wasn't that graceful at all. With the back of his wrist, he swiped away at the dribbles, before rolling his tongue in his mouth at the odd taste.

"They're pretty cool," he remarked. "But the T-rex is the best. And velociraptors."
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Nodding her head she smiled at his mention of her drink choice. Of course wine. What else would she bring!? Water? Jami had just picked it up... "Well, not sure. I just take it. No ones ever told me off."

Jami watched his attempt to drink, which was also sad, but to see if he liked it. He probably knew she did. She continued eating and telling herself those fluffy thoughts were useless. "Velociraptors are my next favorite."

Did Owen mean what he said earlier. Was he messing with her? Is he just a confused boy who doesn't know what he wants. Most likely. She looked at him straight on, "Owen..." she started to ask but stopped and stared at her food, poking it with the fork.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:41 pm

"Eh, they prolly have loads, they won't care," he assured, before taking another swig. He was pretty sure he wouldn't end up drunk. Heck, he'd never been drunk before, and he was pretty confident in thinking it would never happen.

He returned to the dinner plate, deciding to go for the potato rather than the tough-to-chew steak. Slicing through it with a fork, he raised it to his mouth, absent-mindedly nodding to her at her approval of the dinosaur. Honestly, he wanted to mention his own lizard form, but he wasn't quite sure of the name, or whether it was even a dinosaur.

He did raise his head at his name. "Mmhm?" he hummed through a full mouth. It had that strange tone, as if she were about to say something important. And that made him worry.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:03 pm

There were loads of bottles. Taking the amount she had probably didn't even leave a dent. Jami's problem with drink would need to be fixed though. It was getting worse. Maybe she'd take the bottle in her room back later.

At his recognition that he heard her her stomach dropped. She had hoped he would ignore it. To late now thought. "Um, please don't freak out or anything but I have a question." She was playing with her food now. Should she really ask? Well it was kind of an important subject...

"Did you mean what you said earlier? I know you said it was funny, or something. But do you really love me? Or were you just upset?" Her voice saddened a little at the end.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Don't freak out? All things considered, Owen knew it was a bad sign when she said those words. He halted his prying of his dinner, to look at her, mentally preparing himself for whatever she was going to throw at him. For some reason, he could make a pretty good guess at what it would be.

He was right. Swallowing down his mouthful, his eyes tracked the ground, almost guiltily. He didn't know what he was meant to say. He wanted the right words to spring into his mouth, but all he could think were all the things he didn't want to admit to Jami. The hesitation dragged on.

"I...uh.." His fork idly prodded the dinner. He honestly wanted to buckle under the weight of the question, and his heart beat rapidly in his chest. There was no evading it. "I.. wish I could say." He chuckled lamely. "I just... I do, okay? And I meant every word." He wanted to look to her face, but he couldn't bring himself to. "Even the part I said it was 'funny'."
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Her heart rate increased as she waited for a response. Honestly this day was so strange. Going from helping out a friend to being confused about his emotions to making dinner and talking about dinosaurs. Now he was actually telling her something. Maybe he was finally getting comfortable with her and not feeling so awkward. Or not. They were best friends...kind of. (rambling thoughts)

Jami looked up at him in surprise as he confirmed his words from earlier were truthful. He did love her? There was a nice warm feeling going through Jami's body. But funny? Why did he say it was funny? "Well, I love you too Owen." Jami played with her short hair. The light caught it on some of the silver strands and reflected of it. Her thoughts were calming down now. and starting to make more sense than before.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Finally forcing his gaze towards her, he noted how surprised she looked. How well had he concealed his emotions before? He'd felt this way long enough. He never wanted to admit it. He wanted to conceal it, lock it up, and never dare bring up the thought that somebody could actually see worth in him. But it seemed clear - she hadn't known.

And, as she returned the claim, Owen wondered. Was there a screen between them? A screen that obscured all of Owen's flaws whenever she looked to him? He wasn't quite sure what she was seeing either way, but it certainly wasn't the same as what Owen was seeing.

And, as he continued to think, he let out a low chuckle. It was exactly what he'd said - hilarious. He didn't deserve her. She was the princess, but he wasn't the charming. It shouldn't have worked.

"I'll never understand why.." he mumbled. He fell silent, idly tracing the edge of the dish with his finger.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Jami stared into his eyes after her claim. She finally was able to tell him and he wasn't scrambling for some distraction or anything. Jami just seemed to keep getting confused. He didn't understand? Well what part of love is love didn't he get? There might have also been something else that helped but, she fell in love, what more could there be as to why?

Maybe the fact of her emotions, and her old heart break could have done something but she was sure those weren't the main reasons. Jami started to eat again now that she wasn't so nervous. "Owen, love has it's reasons. I don't think we are suppose to comprehend it."
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:42 pm

He always felt uncomfortable when she stared into his eyes like that. It was an almost vulnerable position. Eyes could be so revealing at times, admitting things that he'd never want to with words. He made an effort not to make any eye contact with her.

"Jami... that sounded so cheesy," he chuckled weakly. "I bet you nicked that off some romance film or something." It was starting to feel like one too. He was pretty sure there was some cruel, barbaric deity out there piling these unfortunate yet wildly insane circumstances on him for their own sick entertainment.

He continued his eating, certainly not wanting to wait 'til it went cold. He was really lost for words, so it was at least a good excuse not to talk much. It felt so awkward, she actually loved him. He'd meant it, he didn't understand why she did, but maybe she was right in some messed up sense. Lady luck might've been on his side after all.

His eyes focused on nothing as he gazed off, as if staring intently at an invisible television screen. A vivid, optimistic imagination supplied his thoughts instead. A dumb smile emerged on this face. In his minor stupor, his fork slipped from his weak hold onto the plate, making a tiny clatter that seemed to snap him out of it. "You were saying?"
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:54 pm

Jami rolled her eyes, cheesy? Okay maybe, but it was true. Sometimes she didn't get why she loved Owen but it felt right knowing she did. The times she knew why she loved him were the best, because she wouldn't be able to stop thinking of him. It was so like a chick flick, she was happy he at least loved her back.

"Hm, well I've probably been in love more times than you," she chuckled, "I'm sure I know what I'm saying." To be honest Jami had only really love Henry, her other boyfriends weren't as special as Owen and Henry.

As Owen started to stare off she got worried. Was he okay? As he seemed to snap out of it she brushed it off. Saying? She wasn't really saying anything. But... "Um, you said you got me something for my birthday? That was really sweet of you."
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:36 pm

Owen didn't know whether Jami's comment was genuine honesty or a kick to his dignity. Well, she was probably right, but she didn't need to phrase it like he'd never fallen in love. She didn't know about Lynda, or Melissa---

He brushed the names from his mind, merely responding to her quip with a half-hearted chuckle.

His eyes seemed to light up in frantic recognition at her words, before slinking to the side with a nervous grin. "Oh! Oh, yeah... I, uh, did... Yeah." He nodded. Had she seen the box he'd brought? He'd severely hoped not - oh no oh no. He had brought it with the full intention of giivng it to her, but his memory spiked before him. He could not give that box away (despite her alleged preference of 'pretty boxes').

"I'll... um, have to give you it later. It's a.. um, surprise. You'll like it." He tried to keep his smile genuine.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:16 pm

Observing the way he acted as he thought, Jami got the idea she had thought a little small of Owen's relationships. Had he been with more people than her? She didn't want to pry. Then again she hadn't told Owen he had defaced Henry.

He really did get her a gift then? "Where is it?!" she was just a tad hyper at the thought of presents. Her hyper mind made it's way to observe the still shirtless Owen. She gave small smile and tried to pass off a look of playfulness. She wasn't sure Owen would get it , but apparently she didn't know a lot about him!

A note was stored in her head though. She saw the scar, and she was very interested in it.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:03 pm

"Where is...?" he echoed, his expression drooping momentarily, before he revived it with a nervous chuckle. "It's um..." His eyes searched the room, as if the very answer lay somewhere within. Maybe that pot of flowers would make a good present... or maybe she'd always wanted a new lamp. He exhaled deeply.

His gaze returned to Jami's and when he saw her eyes look down, he instantly remembered his scar. Dang it! he mentally cursed, before reaching out to grab the shirt he'd discarded earlier, hastily shoving back on. She'd probably already seen it, which was worrisome. The texture of the shirt was uncomfortable against the burn, but he tried to disregard it. Trying not to act flustered, he placed his right hand to the side to lean on, attempting to maintain a flawed sort of 'suave' look.

Then an idea came to him... An idea which he knew would be disastrous, but Owen was all for taking unnecessary risks. "Actually... I've got it. Just close your eyes for a minute." He tilted his head to the right to give her a sort of assuring smile that only displayed the human side of his face.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Great. Owen was searching again. So he wasn't completely out of his awkward act. He could have fooled her earlier. She kept saying, 'the thought that counts' over and over in her mind. She looked at her plate surprised at how much she'd already eaten. With sorrow she finished the last of her steak, enjoying every flavor she could.

The reach for the shirt told Jami he obviously wasn't to talk about the scar. Sh stroked her arms, barely feeling the loads of little dents and raises. Healed well enough that she wouldn't have to worry about them being seen, yet they were vulnerable to her hallucinations. The reason being the magic healing them falling apart.

"Careful... Don't want you hurt more." her tone was soft and quiet. She gave a small smile an nod as Owen requested to leave and get the gift. At his attempt to give a smile at her she let her smile grow and giggle a bit, closing her eyes and taking a large sigh. "Go on, before I peak."

Last edited by Jami Futter on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Owen wondered if she'd suspected his lack of a proper present... well, she probably did. Anyone would. His lies were like plastic wrap - flimsy and see-through. It made him wonder why he always resorted to them.

But he digressed. She was so patiently waiting for him after all. "Hurt? Naaah...Trust me for once," he scoffed. He moved the plate to one side.. unfinished still, which he'd felt about, seeing as Jami had cooked it for him. But he had more important matters at hand - Jami's present.

Standing up from the bed, he found himself wobbling for a moment before placing his hand on a bedside counter to regain balance. Urgh, okay. Still not completely used to standing. He looked to Jami, who was sitting unaware. And suddenly, he found his heartbeat throbbing in his throat.

He couldn't do this. He couldn't. He wasn't nearly brave enough. He was an undeserving prick, a slob, a freak. Everything that a girl ought to be repulsed about. A shaky sigh escaped him. But he had to.

"D-don't look.." he reminded her, his voice sounding uncertain. Stepping towards her as quietly as he could, he leaned towards her face. His eyes shut tightly.

Then, with his breath held, he aimed to plant a small kiss on her lips.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:49 pm

Jami felt his weight get lifted from the cot. She could hear his sounds of struggle. She almost frowned at it but she didn't want him to think she was upset. Jamifelt her eye lids under her fingers. Her lashed tickled a bit but she wasn't going to look. She just Hoped he'd come back. "Don't worry I'm not going to."
She wasn't sure now if he had walked off to get it. She hadn't been paying attention to his foot falls.

A semi-scale texture was suddenly on her full, soft lips. At fist Jami was confused but she realized the texture were someone else's lips. She had just been kissed. The peck was quick, but still sweet enough to make Jami's heart rate skip. She kept her hands over her eyes but her lips parted a bit in surprise. "Owen! .... Can I look?" she sounded a bit curious along with her surprise.

That was definitely not expected.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:29 pm

His heart raced rapidly inside his ribs. He was doing it. He was making it happen. What would she think? She was kissing a freak - oh god oh god. He pulled away, biting his lip with his lizard-like fangs. His legs unable to support him much longer, he returned to the bed, thoughts rushing in his head.

It wasn't the first time they'd kissed - but it had always been her. First, it was a dare. Then it had been a surprise. Then it had been a test. Fear had always compelled him - he'd never initiated it himself. He wasn't good enough - no, he was worthless.

But he did it. Was he meant to feel pride? Some sense of accomplishment? His mind was in tatters. Coupled with the heavy headache and the overbearing tiredness, he honestly couldn't bring himself to think straight. He lay back on the bed, a hand held to his head.

"...Don't look," he groaned. "Just... picture my face instead. My real face, not this f*ck-up."
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:54 pm

Jami was so ... proud? He had kissed her! Not the other way round. She wanted to badly to hug him, or kiss him again, even if he was scaly. She only knew his general position though by the weight on the cot. She didn't open her eyes. She didn't want to upset him. The language... American's had such dirty mouths.
"Owen, please come back." Her face was worried and shelet her arms wander towards him. She felt his foot and pulled her arms back in.

"Don't be upset please." She stroked her arm and let her hair fall in her face. "It was nice by the way." She gave a little smile. She felt like things were all flip flopped. She didn't mind though. She wanted to keep talking but she didn't know what to say.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:30 pm

What was he doing...? Only embarrassing himself for sure. He wanted to sink it to a hole or something. In fact, he'd had that feeling many times before, but he wanted it even more now.

Come back...? But he was already here, wasn't he? Not understanding, his expression creased. His clawed foot twitched as he felt something touch it, but he made no remark on it.

"I'm not upset," he mumbled unconvincingly, skimming his clawed hand through his hair. He forced a sort of smile as she complimented it... well, at least she liked it. So why did he still feel deflated?

Looking down towards at her awkwardly (given he was lying down), he outstretched a foot to prod her side gently. "You mind if I just sleep. I still feel like sh*t."
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:50 pm

A sigh of relief. She wanted him to sit up and come and be right next to her but he stayed where he was. Oh well. At least he wasn't upset. That would have not been good. The nudge in her side made her want to peak a look, but she had promised not to! Again with the cursing. Then again Jami was almost as bad when she was pissed off.
"hmm, how about if I can open my eyes, you can sleep. I can always heat your food up later if you like." She waved her hand a bit letting a flame generate and puff out in a matter of seconds. She laughed a bit before fixing her hair.

She wore a little amused smile and she seemed in a better mood than before.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:37 am

Owen gave a slight shrug, despite her being unable to see it. "Fair enough." He would just have to improvise instead. Pulling out the pillow from underneath his head, he flopped it on top of his face instead, effectively obscuring it.

"You'd do that?" he asked, slightly muffled. "...Sorry for not finishin' it... Don't think I could hold it down."

He was glad that Jami was in a better mood than him anyway... At least she wasn't mad at him. His eyes shut, really wanting to just doze off, but unable to yet.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jami Futter Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:55 am

At 'fair enough' she opened her eyes to see a pillow on top of his face. She stood up and went to get him a blanket. It gets really cold here in winter. "It's fine. I'm sure you'll happily eat when you feel better." he dropped the blanket on his belly and smiled. Silly boys, all they do is eat and sleep.
She wandered off to clean up the mess she had made from earlier. At least he was all fixed up. She'd it some more burn cream on his shoulder later.
What would she do about the gold talk... Maybe she could put it off. She didn't want to get angry now. If Owen would let her, she wanted to talk about fixing him up to be human again. No doubt he would get annoyed again.
Jami Futter
Jami Futter

Back to top Go down

Post  Owen Mueller Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:01 pm

"Yeah, probably.."

Upon feeling the blanket on him, he immediately grabbed for it, pulling it over himself. Okay, so infirmary beds weren't the epitome of comfort. May as well make do with what he had.

"Thanks," he mumbled tiredly, rolling over to lie on his front instead... because lets face it: lying with a pillow on your face was not only uncomfortable, but rather stupid. Burying his head into the comfort of the cushion, he gave her a quick, aimless wave with a claw, perhaps one of the few indicators that he was still awake.

"You're not gonna watch me sleep are you," he said, muffled by the pillow. Well, he'd sleep whether or not she was, but he'd feel darn'd awkward about it.
Owen Mueller
Owen Mueller
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next